Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Pre Match Topic: Liverpool v Sunderland Sat 6th Dec 15:00 KO

Read 8280 times
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Re: Liverpool v Sunderland Sat 6th Dec 15:00 KO
      Reply #69: Dec 06, 2014 11:16:28 am
      Gerrard can't play 3 games a week,
      whether you believe in it or not.
      Lallana neither.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #70: Dec 06, 2014 11:25:29 am
      when we're 5 - 0 up at half time we can take him off !

Hat trick first half and then he can have a few pints during the second half. Lovely.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #71: Dec 06, 2014 12:03:32 pm
      Gerrard can't play 3 games a week,
      whether you believe in it or not.

Correct matey, the bit in bold is Steven Gerrard is a 34 year old ex-international footballer and all that entails.
      He has had a hectic time of it footy wise since he was 17 years old, Jesus give the lad a break.
      For his good and the club's his remaining appearances should border on infrequent, he physically cannot supply optimum performance when demanded, or to be more specific on demand.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #72: Dec 06, 2014 12:10:03 pm
      3 wins in the week ahead will turn our season around.

I'd be inclined to start Gerrard today and rest him Tuesday.  Got some sympathy with Rodgers team decision today - Lucas has played a few games now in a week and he may be better served being rested today and played Tuesday.

Looking forward to seeing the team.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #73: Dec 06, 2014 01:53:49 pm
      Why do we 'need' to rest players, it's a modern idea that really seems to have been picked up and used by a lot of coaches for no real reason, I'm not a fan of Mourinho but does he 'rest' players, how often do Messi and Ronaldo rest. I'm not having a go at you but at the whole idea of resting players for the sake of it drives me nuts. Pick your best team for today and think about Basel afterwards. Same team that started vs Sunderland for me.

it's not based on any science at all to be blunt, it's pure bullshit like sports pyschology. All this sh*t about red zones, you can see when a players tired. Lucas has been fit for ages, Sturridge isn't about too many games as his injury record through his career has been suspect. People have been brainwashed into accepting it as a norm when there are no real obvious  reasons for it. Messi had a year or so of numerous injuries but still looks to play every game. I'm sure we're different generations and I can be put firmly in the dinosaur category but seriously the bane of modern football is statistics and data analysis.

It's 2014, not 1974.

The game is quicker, stronger and more demanding than before. Thats why data and statistics about fitness is so important. Every single sports club in every single sport uses it for a reason.

I'm on board for getting Coutinho and Can in the side as well as a few others. Not Brad Jones though. Mignolet is sh*te but Jones is much worse.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #74: Dec 06, 2014 02:00:53 pm
      Pre Match Topic Locked.

The In game and Post Match thread is here
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,47053.0.html

Quick Reply