Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 11th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

NO ONE
      73 (54.9%)
      Jones
      5 (3.8%)
      Johnson
      1 (0.8%)
      Skrtel
      1 (0.8%)
      Lovren
      2 (1.5%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      1 (0.8%)
      Allen
      1 (0.8%)
      Moreno
      1 (0.8%)
      Coutinho
      11 (8.3%)
      Sterling
      19 (14.3%)
      Lallana
      6 (4.5%)
      K Touré
      4 (3%)
      Markovic
      2 (1.5%)
      Balotelli
      6 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Man.Utd 3:0 Liverpool. In game and post match finger pointing.

Read 60638 times
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Re: Man.Utd 3:0 Liverpool. In game and post match finger pointing.
      Reply #897: Dec 14, 2014 04:57:04 pm
      Where the f***did you get that from? He wanted to leave, he was desperate to play for Barca. Tired of people coming out with ignorant comments.

Ignorant? Look the definition of the word up in the dictionary mate. Clubs dont have to sell players simple as. If you have aspirations of improvement, you do not sell your top player.... Contractually he belonged at Liverpool, contractually he could have been made stay 1 more season until we solidified the CL position and bedded in new players.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #898: Dec 14, 2014 05:01:52 pm
      Ignorant? Look the definition of the word up in the dictionary mate. Clubs dont have to sell players simple as. If you have aspirations of improvement, you do not sell your top player.... Contractually he belonged at Liverpool, contractually he could have been made stay 1 more season until we solidified the CL position and bedded in new players

He wanted to leave. It is very very rare for a player to be made  to stay when they very clearly want to leave and the club in question offer 75m. You simply cannot blame the owners for that.

Ps: I actually apologise for the name calling mate, there's no need for personal insults regardless of how much we disagree. I'm absolutely fuming from that loss, but shouldn't take it out on people.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #899: Dec 14, 2014 05:02:42 pm
      The only positive I can see is that Man United weren't exceptional... we were bad.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 129 
      Reply #900: Dec 14, 2014 05:04:19 pm
      Seems like I am not the only one who can't understand why Lucas was dropped for this match and didn't even make the bench. Can't believe Brendan once again stuck with Allen throughout the match. To say he was lightweight was an understatement. Why was Can kept on the bench, this match was screaming out for his physicality.

Comedy defending once again and we could of had 100 chances today none of which would have troubled De Gea.

Considering 4 of their players were on yellows by half time why didn't we use our pace to force a red card ot two, they were there to be got at.

Yet another poor team selection by Brendan in my opinion
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #901: Dec 14, 2014 05:06:22 pm
      Seems like I am not the only one who can't understand why Lucas was dropped for this match and didn't even make the bench. Can't believe Brendan once again stuck with Allen throughout the match. To say he was lightweight was an understatement. Why was Can kept on the bench, this match was screaming out for his physicality.

Comedy defending once again and we could of had 100 chances today none of which would have troubled De Gea.

Considering 4 of their players were on yellows by half time why didn't we use our pace to force a red card ot two, they were there to be got at.

Yet another poor team selection by Brendan in my opinion

Lucas was on the bench. I agree with what you posted though.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #902: Dec 14, 2014 05:10:45 pm
      What did we learn today?

We have an adequate replacement goalie. He's no better than Migs but certainly not materially poorer.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #903: Dec 14, 2014 05:23:11 pm
      He wanted to leave. It is very very rare for a player to be made  to stay when they very clearly want to leave and the club in question offer 75m. You simply cannot blame the owners for that.

Ps: I actually apologise for the name calling mate, there's no need for personal insults regardless of how much we disagree. I'm absolutely fuming from that loss, but shouldn't take it out on people.

Ye sound mate no bother.

He was made stay a year before. Great statement from the owners. Throw loads of money at the chap and he would of stayed. Moot point, but he was simply irreplaceable.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #904: Dec 14, 2014 05:23:14 pm
      the owners take the blame too , our wages are beyond laughable how do you F***ing compete against other teams with crappy wages ?
      this whole buying talent with resell value bullshit need to stop, first buy some quality and give them good wages , get a top class manager too , our system is F***ing broken starting from owners who refuse to give good wages to committee to manager , i mean everything is wrong. getting a goalkeeper and a striker and DMF is vital if we want to save our season
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #905: Dec 14, 2014 05:25:13 pm
      What did we learn today?

We have an adequate replacement goalie. He's no better than Migs but certainly not materially poorer.

Ah mate hes pants. Looked like a school boy when he dived in anticipation of Rooneys shot. Thats not a pro. Migs is poor but twice the keeper Jones is. Thats not saying a lot.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,230 posts | 4421 
      Reply #906: Dec 14, 2014 05:26:30 pm
      Two teams who can't defend difference today was they had strikers who know where the back of the net is.
      Lop sided formation at the back Moreno was bombing forward without much conviction admittedly but what the f**k exactly was Hendo doing.
      Toure must have been tearing his hair out to see the calamity that is Lovren picked ahead of him and Sakho probably left the stadium again!
      Allen again completely anonomous
      Gerrard again showing he is only useful now for the odd start or 20-30 mins, not sure what Lucas has done wrong to be dropped. If he was on the pitch the first goal does not get scored and probably would have affected the 3rd goal.

Despite Raheem missing some sitters at least he was full of running, but it's obvious he has a powder puff shot which he has not improved on since last season. He should not be relied on to be our main striker because he does not have the skill set.

Great pass from Markovic to put Balo in on goal, he needs to start more regularly now and Raheem needs a bit of time on the bench to sort his head out and get some rest.

Balotelli experiment has failed miserably, he made runs today got in the box but just does not possess the quality to be a regular scorer.

Small margins today we had at least 6 clear cut chances, take those and we get at least a draw if not a win but we need a striker who can find the back of the net...........!!
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2014 05:36:34 pm by HScRed1 »
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,739 posts | 159 
      Reply #907: Dec 14, 2014 05:27:33 pm
      Ye sound mate no bother.

He was made stay a year before. Great statement from the owners. Throw loads of money at the chap and he would of stayed. Moot point, but he was simply irreplaceable.

He left because he wanted trophies same like Torres and Alonso and the list goes on , plus people make it sound that our owners gave big money in fact it was all from selling players , meaning our mentality hasn't changed owners after owners we NEED TO SELL TO BUY this wrong wrong a team like Liverpool cannot compete against the top 4 if you keep selling our best players to buy .
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,737 posts | 3948 
      Reply #908: Dec 14, 2014 05:32:20 pm
      Simple fact:

WE ARE sh*t
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #909: Dec 14, 2014 05:33:33 pm
      Two teams who can't defend difference today was they had strikers who know where the back of the net is.
      Lop sided formation at the back Moreno was bombing forward without much conviction admittedly but what the f**k exactly was Hendo doing.
      Toure must have been tearing his hair out to see the calamity that is Lovren picked ahead of him and Sakho probably left the stadium again!
      Allen again completely anonomous
      Gerrard again showing he is only useful now for the odd start or 20-30 mins, not sure what Lucas has done wrong to be dropped. If he was on the pitch the first goal does not get scored and probably would have affected the 3rd goal.

Despite Raheem missing some sitters at least he was full of running, but it's obvious he has a powder puff shot which he has not improved on since last season. He should be relied on to be our main striker because he does not have the skill set.

Great pass from Markovic to put Balo in on goal, he needs to start more regularly now and Raheem needs a bit of time on the bench to sort his head out and get some rest.

Balotelli experiment has failed miserably, he made runs today got in the box but just does not possess the quality to be a regular scorer.

Small margins today we had at least 6 clear cut chances, take those and we get at least a draw if not a win but we need a striker who can find the back of the net...........!!

Hendo is the new Kuyt, gets into good positions, receives the ball and shits himself so he passes back or sideways. No killer instinct.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #910: Dec 14, 2014 05:34:22 pm
      As Ratboy said, "We Jabbed whilst they had a knockout punch"
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,332 posts | 774 
      Reply #911: Dec 14, 2014 05:34:54 pm
      Obviously massive mistake by not playing Lucas, who has more than proved his worth lately, the side seems to lack stability at the moment. I think it would be a knee jerk reaction to sack Brendan, but things have to change drastically to save our season from becoming a total disaster. I thought Mario showed one or two nice touches today when he came on, for all his troubles, but we need something more to save our season sinking into a deeper mire, but who knows what is around the corner.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #912: Dec 14, 2014 05:35:33 pm

Nope, but we are playing like we are sh*t. Our players have serious quality on their day and when they are full of confidence.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #913: Dec 14, 2014 05:47:01 pm
      what the F**k was that
      we could turn the result around but we missed so many chances but finishing was poor,poorest ever,balo and sterling couldnt score if thez played two more games
      if we used our chances from the first half and if the refereeing was fair we could have the game in our hand
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #914: Dec 14, 2014 05:55:12 pm
      Starting line up was a mistake as most people agree, Joe Allen has not and in my mind will not make the grade for LFC ,we bought Can,Markovic,Coutinho  so why not build the team around them ? Stevie Gerrard looks like he' s playing his last season judging by his performances Sad to say we need 4/5 new players including 2 strikers of quality, this season has gone so we should now rebuild
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #915: Dec 14, 2014 05:59:04 pm
      Obviously massive mistake by not playing Lucas, who has more than proved his worth lately, the side seems to lack stability at the moment. I think it would be a knee jerk reaction to sack Brendan, but things have to change drastically to save our season from becoming a total disaster. I thought Mario showed one or two nice touches today when he came on, for all his troubles, but we need something more to save our season sinking into a deeper mire, but who knows what is around the corner.

"Knee jerk reaction..."... Are you F***ing kidding???
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #916: Dec 14, 2014 06:02:51 pm
      Enlighten us as to which little gem in yellow had you in there spell

Sterling

Maybe we should have a 'waster of the match' poll so all the grinches can vote :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Reply #917: Dec 14, 2014 06:08:25 pm
      Hendo is the new Kuyt, gets into good positions, receives the ball and shits himself so he passes back or sideways. No killer instinct.

To be fair, we already knew how sh*t and ineffectual he was playing out on the wing, we found that out under Kenny, surely Brendan knows that, but, he needs to accommodate his F***ing love child Joe Allen. When really the simple choice is dump Allen on the bench and play Hendo where he was effective - in the centre.

And blame Brendan for the third goal, taking off Moreno for Markovic totally unsettled that left-side, actually felt sorry for Lazar being asked to pay out there. These type of decisions are the type Rafa got absolutely slaughtered for and I'm afraid to say Brendan is no tactical or technical genius. That's becoming evident week by week.

What did Lallana do so wrong to be hauled off at half-tme, although bringing on Mario was a good decision - we needed some form of attacking threat. Raheem needs a break, he looks fu**ed and the misses are starting to affect his confidence.

Brad Jones should get a run of games now, he looked more commanding of his box than Mignolet has done all season.

Thoroughly fu**ed off with the performance today and how we've gone from thrashing these tw*ts to being absolutely embarrassed today.

Starting to lose faith in Brendan, I'm afraid!
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #918: Dec 14, 2014 06:12:21 pm
      yeah,hes going from mistake to mistake
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #919: Dec 14, 2014 06:14:15 pm
      To be fair, we already knew how sh*t and ineffectual he was playing out on the wing, we found that out under Kenny, surely Brendan knows that, but, he needs to accommodate his f**king love child Joe Allen. When really the simple choice is dump Allen on the bench and play Hendo where he was effective - in the centre.

And blame Brendan for the third goal, taking off Moreno for Markovic totally unsettled that left-side, actually felt sorry for Lazar being asked to pay out there. These type of decisions are the type Rafa got absolutely slaughtered for and I'm afraid to say Brendan is no tactical or technical genius. That's becoming evident week by week.

What did Lallana do so wrong to be hauled off at half-tme, although bringing on Mario was a good decision - we needed some form of attacking threat. Raheem needs a break, he looks fu**ed and the misses are starting to affect his confidence.

Brad Jones should get a run of games now, he looked more commanding of his box than Mignolet has done all season.

Thoroughly fu**ed off with the performance today and how we've gone from thrashing these tw*ts to being absolutely embarrassed today.

Starting to lose faith in Brendan, I'm afraid!

Its one of the only reasons why I would "like", for want of a better word, a new manager... to start playing the players in their best positions. That and the whole players morale lift for a new manager.

But saying that I think on a whole sticking with the manager you have outweighs the negatives of swapping for someone else (who is not world class).

Quick Reply