Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Xherdan Shaqiri (Bayern Munich)

Read 23164 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri (Bayern Munich)
      Reply #138: Jan 08, 2015 03:58:16 pm
      Arrrrrgh - were getting relegated..! rubbish, meltdown imminent...

Honestly, I don't really care - looks like a good player but lots out there and we want players to come here who want to be here!
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #139: Jan 08, 2015 04:01:03 pm
      We offered higher wages and we are a Premier LEague team. Italian League is declining year after year and, yet, he chose Inter instead of us.

Worrying...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #140: Jan 08, 2015 04:06:44 pm

Honestly, I don't really care - looks like a good player but lots out there and we want players to come here who want to be here!

Lots out there? Where? This is the second window we have been linked to Shaqiri and failed to land him both times. We need to face the fact we can't attract top players from Europe anymore.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #141: Jan 08, 2015 04:09:09 pm
      Get over it folks we were never in for him. Just his agent spinning sh*t, he blew his chance with us least season hence we chose Markovic and Lallana.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #142: Jan 08, 2015 04:11:16 pm
      Lots out there? Where? This is the second window we have been linked to Shaqiri and failed to land him both times. We need to face the fact we can't attract top players from Europe anymore.

No we need to face the fact that he didn't want to join Liverpool... Im not going to list a series of players who we could get, but we still have a lot of pull for players.

Top players will always want a lot of money and command a transfer fee - but if we were to splash the cash then we could get them. Players nowadays are mercenary's for hire, if we offered him £200,000 a week he would be here.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #143: Jan 08, 2015 04:19:22 pm
      F.C. Internazionale        ✔   @Inter_en 
      .@Inter_Channel: "#Inter and @FCBayern agree terms for @XS_11official. Just the paperwork to be signed" #ForzaInter #FCIM
      3:01 PM - 8 Jan 2015

never in doubt he would choose inter over us, especially if the wages offered were close
       according to skyit he  knows the language(Italian) as big part of the swiss speaks Italian, and to add to that there was C.H.Rumenigge at Bayern who is in good terms with inter, he used to play there, and that's helps in these situations

ynwa

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #144: Jan 08, 2015 04:25:39 pm

Don't be a dick. It has nothing to do with the player, it's the fact that yet another top target of ours has turned us down in favour of another team. I couldn't care less if Shaqiri signed for us, he's not what we need in Jan, but the fact he turned us down is a worry.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #145: Jan 08, 2015 04:29:45 pm
      Don't be a dick. It has nothing to do with the player, it's the fact that yet another top target of ours has turned us down in favour of another team. I couldn't care less if Shaqiri signed for us, he's not what we need in Jan, but the fact he turned us down is a worry.

How do you know he turned us down? In fact how do you even know we were after him, do you sit on the Transfer committee?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #146: Jan 08, 2015 04:36:28 pm
      As much as I think Shaqiri would have been a great signing for us, I have to agree with those who say it seemed like we were never really in for him. I can't recall off the top of my head any stories by Pearce or Barrett, for example.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #147: Jan 08, 2015 04:36:41 pm
      No we need to face the fact that he didn't want to join Liverpool... Im not going to list a series of players who we could get, but we still have a lot of pull for players.

Top players will always want a lot of money and command a transfer fee - but if we were to splash the cash then we could get them. Players nowadays are mercenary's for hire, if we offered him £200,000 a week he would be here.

We have a lot of pull for overpriced English players and young players from the continent with "potential". That's about it. When is the last time we signed a player we all stood up and got really excited about?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #148: Jan 08, 2015 04:40:14 pm

Piece harsh - but how do you know he turned us down..?

We have a lot of pull for overpriced English players and young players from the continent with "potential". That's about it. When is the last time we signed a player we all stood up and got really excited about?

True, we didn't stand up an applaud when we signed Suarez, Alonso, Masch, Pepe or Hyypia but they became great players in time. We have for a long time been turning decent players into great players. 
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #149: Jan 08, 2015 04:40:34 pm
      I don't know. Doubt he would refuse an offer on the same terms we offered from United, City, Arsenal or Chelsea...
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #150: Jan 08, 2015 05:11:26 pm
      As much as I think Shaqiri would have been a great signing for us, I have to agree with those who say it seemed like we were never really in for him. I can't recall off the top of my head any stories by Pearce or Barrett, for example.

Pearce and Barrett have both explicitly said were not in for him
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #151: Jan 08, 2015 05:12:38 pm
      Literally everyone reliable said we weren't, yet we are choosing to believe he turned us down? Its like some people want to be miserable.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #152: Jan 08, 2015 05:35:09 pm
      Asked about Shaqiri:

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 36 minutes ago

@Agmohd008 no. Liverpool never made him an offer.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,408 posts | 2827 
      Reply #153: Jan 08, 2015 05:36:35 pm
      Anyone who thought otherwise was deluded and learned nothing over the last few transfer windows.

If another club is in for a player we don't end up getting them.

I'm not sure we were even in for him mate. Pearce said we didn't make a bid.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #154: Jan 08, 2015 05:56:03 pm
      Not surprised we weren't in for him. We have an abundance in his position.

Now striker + goalkeeper, go go sign them.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #155: Jan 08, 2015 06:02:17 pm
      Pearce and Barrett have both explicitly said were not in for him

Asked about Shaqiri:

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 36 minutes ago

@Agmohd008 no. Liverpool never made him an offer.

Well that's that then.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #156: Jan 08, 2015 06:34:24 pm
      I didn't think we were in for him?

[edit - Just seen we weren't ]

Not sure why everyone has their knickers in a twist when we aren't in for him
      I think we were in the summer, but Bayern wouldn't let him go and we signed alternatives

I didn't think we were as I genuinely don't think we will sign anyone this window
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #157: Jan 08, 2015 07:10:21 pm

I think we were in the summer, but Bayern wouldn't let him go and we signed alternatives

I didn't think we were as I genuinely don't think we will sign anyone this window

If we sign no one this window top 4 is out the window for sure. We won't even win the league cup. We need a striker and a goal keeper minimum.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #158: Jan 08, 2015 07:17:06 pm

It's for the whinge factor mate.

In a couple of months they'll be shouting about "we could have got Shaqiri, and we would be top of the league now".

Rots me F***ing hole.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #159: Jan 08, 2015 07:22:28 pm
      If we sign no one this window top 4 is out the window for sure. We won't even win the league cup. We need a striker and a goal keeper minimum.

Mate I'll be more suprised if we signed anyone than if we don't

There is no strong links anywhere, there is no talk around the city.. It's deathly quiet

There's usually something and there isn't
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #160: Jan 08, 2015 07:24:53 pm
      Mate I'll be more suprised if we signed anyone than if we don't

There is no strong links anywhere, there is no talk around the city.. It's deathly quiet

There's usually something and there isn't

Same here Jon.

Quick Reply