Trending Topics

Next match: Dortmund v LFC [Friendly] Sun 22nd Jul @ 9:05 pm
      Bank of America Stadium, North Carolina, USA

Today is the 21st of July and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W1 D2 L0

Danny Ward (Liverpool > Leicester)

Read 20775 times
      srslfc and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,087 posts | 108 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Danny Ward Player Thread
      Reply #150: May 17, 2017 11:12:44 pm
      I've made my opinions of Ward known in recent months but thought he had a blinder tonight, made some crucial saves to keep Hudd in the game.

:action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,428 posts | 2187 
      Reply #151: May 18, 2017 12:57:20 am
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,650 posts | 30 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #152: May 18, 2017 01:54:10 am
      Watched 2nd half and pens. Cracking performance. Legs,made himself big,fingertip saves.....then 2 penalt saves. Come on home Danny.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,097 posts | 1338 
      Reply #153: May 18, 2017 10:06:58 am
      Watched 2nd half and pens. Cracking performance. Legs,made himself big,fingertip saves.....then 2 penalt saves. Come on home Danny.

He should go out on loan again next season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,137 posts | 3088 
      Reply #154: May 18, 2017 03:06:20 pm
      He should go out on loan again next season.

I'd let him stay at Huddersfield for now if they still wanted him, would be good having first team experience in the prem.

Did well last night, unlucky for the Sheff Wed goal, but made two excellent saves during the pen shoot-out.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,217 posts | 1816 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #155: May 19, 2017 10:49:04 am
      I was at Hillsborough watching the match and Danny looked very good. To be honest I hadn't checked the lineups and kinda forgotten it was our player there, until the Huddersfield fans started singing his name to remind me haha
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,097 posts | 1338 
      Reply #156: May 19, 2017 12:30:53 pm
      I'd let him stay at Huddersfield for now if they still wanted him, would be good having first team experience in the prem.

Did well last night, unlucky for the Sheff Wed goal, but made two excellent saves during the pen shoot-out.

That's exactly what I'd do mate. It's useless him coming back here just to be 3rd choice, which is what he would be.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,097 posts | 1338 
      Reply #157: May 19, 2017 12:31:24 pm
      I was at Hillsborough watching the match and Danny looked very good. To be honest I hadn't checked the lineups and kinda forgotten it was our player there, until the Huddersfield fans started singing his name to remind me haha

Getting about a bit aren't you mate :D
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,217 posts | 1816 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #158: May 19, 2017 12:42:51 pm
      Getting about a bit aren't you mate :D

38 football matches attended this season, 21 of which were LFC's :D I'll reach 40 with the Boro match and the UCL final. I've seen EPL, Championship, League One, League Two, non-league, under-23s, Europa League and Champions League matches. I dread to do the maths and see how much I've spent on this, but hell, I probably won't ever have another chance to do this again ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,311 posts | 4162 
      • YNWA
      Reply #159: May 29, 2017 05:52:47 pm
      Huddersfield are in the Premier League!!!! Danny Ward saved Reading's last penalty! Wow! What an incredible achievement by Wagner and Huddersfield! FANTASTIC!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,097 posts | 1338 
      Reply #160: May 29, 2017 06:27:05 pm
      38 football matches attended this season, 21 of which were LFC's :D I'll reach 40 with the Boro match and the UCL final. I've seen EPL, Championship, League One, League Two, non-league, under-23s, Europa League and Champions League matches. I dread to do the maths and see how much I've spent on this, but hell, I probably won't ever have another chance to do this again ;D

Honestly mate, that is some going! It's all about the memories.

I'm absolutely f**king buzzing!!!! When I went to watch a few of their games in League One I never in a million years thought they'd achieve promotion to the Premier League. What Wagner has done in such a short space of time at that club is nothing short of miraculous.

So happy for Ward too, to make the all important save for Reading's 5th penalty must have been an amazing feeling for him.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2017 06:31:58 pm by mcarz »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,152 posts | 1128 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #161: May 29, 2017 06:31:57 pm
      Good lad
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,481 posts | 2783 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #162: May 29, 2017 07:43:25 pm
      Buzzing for Ward. Hero in both shoot outs.

Probably end up there permanently now.
      Diego LFC
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,217 posts | 1816 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #163: May 29, 2017 08:58:26 pm
      Danny, Danny Ward!

Was at Wembley with the Huddersfield fans. Saw them twice this season, he was penalty hero in both. Great stuff.

I wonder if they'll want to retain him as their number 1 in the Premier League? Hope that is the case
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,645 posts | 987 
      Reply #164: May 29, 2017 09:24:28 pm
      I wonder if they'll want to retain him as their number 1 in the Premier League? Hope that is the case

They do, I think their manager said they want him for another season in the Prem.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,097 posts | 1338 
      Reply #165: May 29, 2017 09:29:59 pm
      Danny, Danny Ward!

Was at Wembley with the Huddersfield fans. Saw them twice this season, he was penalty hero in both. Great stuff.

So jealous mate.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,916 posts | 635 
      Reply #166: May 29, 2017 10:53:30 pm
      I've made my opinions of Ward known in recent months but thought he had a blinder tonight, made some crucial saves to keep Hudd in the game.

Did he not have a good season or something?

He seemed solid in the couple of games he played for us.  Definitely didn't look any worse than Mignolet or Karius.  I don't see why he shouldn't be given a chance next season.

Did he do poorly for them this season?
      Ribapuru

• 8,487 posts | 766 
      Reply #167: May 30, 2017 09:33:18 am

He seemed solid in the couple of games he played for us.  Definitely didn't look any worse than Mignolet or Karius.  I don't see why he shouldn't be given a chance next season.

this forum laughed at me when I said Ward should be our number one. Well they're not laughing now. After that Mignolet spell in January costing us the  title left us scrambling for fourth, Ward gets an unlikely team promoted. He's probably the best 23 year old goalkeeper on the planet. Laugh at that guys and we will once again see who's laughing in a year.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,097 posts | 1338 
      Reply #168: May 30, 2017 09:55:18 am

I wasn't all that impressed with him in one of those 2 games for us. He was flapping at corners and parrying the ball back into his area on some shots.

It was a bit of a mixed bag mate from what I saw and have heard about but there were some things I didn't like during the season. He seemed too cautious when it came to collecting the ball on corners, he was punching a bit too much and when he came out to close the striker down it didn't do it anywhere near good enough. He'd either wait too long to make the move off his line or he'd come out but then just stand there flat footed making it easy for the striker to score.

There were even calls from some Huddersfield fans to play Coleman instead of him after some games.

this forum laughed at me when I said Ward should be our number one. Well they're not laughing now. After that Mignolet spell in January costing us the  title left us scrambling for fourth, Ward gets an unlikely team promoted. He's probably the best 23 year old goalkeeper on the planet. Laugh at that guys and we will once again see who's laughing in a year.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm still laughing and I'm laughing at the rest of your post too. He's not even the best 23 year old keeper at Liverpool nevermind on the planet. Why exactly should Ward be our number one? Mignolet has been superb since Christmas IMO, much, much better than any of Ward's form this season.
      PurpleMonkey

• 7,645 posts | 987 
      Reply #169: May 30, 2017 01:24:08 pm

I am tempted to give you a +1 for making me literally laugh out loud.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,137 posts | 3088 
      Reply #170: May 30, 2017 02:30:21 pm
      Stick with Mignolet and Karius for now and loan Ward to Huddersfield for another season.
      RC9

• 7,992 posts | 186 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #171: May 30, 2017 02:49:49 pm

WAIT WHAT? Mignolet cost us the tittle in Jan???

Ahah what did he persuade Mane to leave us to go Afcon and then persuade Klopp to not making any suitable signings to help fill the void left behind.

Hilarious stuff mate.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,174 posts | 188 
      Reply #172: Jun 02, 2017 02:12:33 am

Holy crap,this has gotta be some weird wum account no? the trump sh*te,the owen/rafa bollox and this...f**king hell.Anyway sell Ward,better for him and we got loads of keepers.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 659 posts | 182 
      Reply #173: Aug 03, 2017 09:58:24 am
      Danny played really well last night. His save on the first goal was brilliant, to bad Klavan fudged it up afterward. He seems to have a really short memory when it comes to goals being scored on him and he plays with a great deal of confidence. Could end up a really nice surprise this season.
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2017 11:33:00 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      heimdall

• 6,023 posts | 1012 
      Reply #174: Aug 03, 2017 10:05:37 am
      Danny played really well last night. His save on the first goal was brilliant, to bad Klavan fudged it up afterward. He seems to have a really short memory when it comes to goal being scored on him and he plays with a great deal of confidence. Could end up a really nice surprise this season.

I like what I've seen from him, looked very good yesterday with some impressive saves.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,137 posts | 3088 
      Reply #175: Aug 03, 2017 01:10:37 pm

Your knee must f**king rattle like a skeleton the amount of times you knee jerk from one opinion to another.

Blaming Mignolet for costing us the title is another one of those hilarious dickhead shouts you love to come out with, when in quite a few games in the second half of the season, he actually kept us in games through some very good saves.
      Ribapuru

• 8,487 posts | 766 
      Reply #176: Aug 03, 2017 01:38:45 pm
      Your knee must f**king rattle like a skeleton the amount of times you knee jerk from one opinion to another.

Blaming Mignolet for costing us the title is another one of those hilarious dickhead shouts you love to come out with, when in quite a few games in the second half of the season, he actually kept us in games through some very good saves.
      Ward>Migs. Migs is sh*te. No knee jerk. Still same opinion. I don't change my opinion after a few good games after years of bad ones. Klopp said 3 keepers competing for number one.
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2017 01:44:20 pm by Ribapuru »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,137 posts | 3088 
      Reply #177: Aug 03, 2017 01:46:29 pm
      Ward>Migs. Migs is sh*te. No knee jerk. Still same opinion. I don't change my opinion after a few good games after years of bad ones. Klopp said 3 keepers competing for number one. Mignolet has been awarded shirt number 22 you genius. Only a matter of time till Ward becomes 22 now.

I wasn't just talking about that one opinion.

Hahahaha Mignolet's had the number 22 ever since he's been at the club you f**king dickhead!! It was the number he chose, cos Brad Jones had the number one shirt. You know a bit like Pepe Reina constantly playing in the number 25 shirt. Who's the f**king genius now?

Karius will be our number one, not Ward, but you crack on with your crackpot assertions.

As I've said elsewhere, I can't take anything in any thread you say serious, that's how much of a divvy I think you are.
      Ribapuru

• 8,487 posts | 766 
      Reply #178: Aug 13, 2017 09:28:37 pm
      Seems Ward is going to talk to Klopp, he probably will request to be loaned because he's disappointed to be last choice goalkeeper.
      Ribapuru

• 8,487 posts | 766 
      Reply #179: Aug 13, 2017 09:32:49 pm
      Mignolet cost us around 15-20 points. We would have been contenders with a better keeper. He cost us 2 point in 1 game this season so far, I will be keeping a tally.

Quick Reply