Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson Becker
      6 (10.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Jarell Quansah
      1 (1.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      20 (35.1%)
      Alexis Mac Allister
      2 (3.5%)
      Harvey Elliott
      3 (5.3%)
      Ryan Gravenberch
      8 (14%)
      Wataru Endo
      1 (1.8%)
      Luis Diaz
      9 (15.8%)
      Cody Gakpo
      2 (3.5%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Darwin Núñez
      2 (3.5%)
      Dominik Szoboszlai
      0 (0%)
      Mohamed Salah
      2 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: Yesterday at 02:24:59 pm

West Ham United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 4597 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Re: West Ham United 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: Apr 28, 2024 02:34:10 pm
      Cos power games are getting played.

Same type of whisper whisper campaigns that try to get used from the club when they want the fans to turn on the manager.

It's happened with Houllier, Rafa and now Klopp.

Hugely different situations to both Houllier and Rafa

Houlliers time was up after wasting that money on Diouf and not taking Anelka - that was his choice

And Rafa was his own worst enemy - he created plenty of issues himself and he was very lucky that the owners were worse
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #645: Apr 28, 2024 02:39:23 pm
      It’s a rumour that’s been banded around for ages with some trying to find a way to blame with the owners

Whah Klopp should have done is waited until the end of the season to tell everyone .

I not blaming the owners

I don't even think they're involved, it's baseball season :laugh:
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,710 posts | 151 
      Reply #646: Apr 28, 2024 02:41:16 pm
      Spurs are getting demloshided but watch them scam a draw against us after we miss 50 chances.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #647: Apr 28, 2024 02:48:26 pm
      Cos power games are getting played.

Same type of whisper whisper campaigns that try to get used from the club when they want the fans to turn on the manager.

It's happened with Houllier, Rafa and now Klopp.

Let’s blame Klopp shall we, I was suspect about the timing & still suspect now with bits of info co  Mo img out about the leak..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #648: Apr 28, 2024 02:57:36 pm
      Let’s blame Klopp shall we, I was suspect about the timing & still suspect now with bits of info co  Mo img out about the leak..
      Blame Klopp for what ?

He is the one that’s made the choice to leave the club

Why must some always look for something more than what the actual reason is
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #649: Apr 28, 2024 03:04:34 pm
      Spurs are getting demloshided but watch them scam a draw against us after we miss 50 chances.

Only main difference is Arsenal are clinical compared to us. Its a shame our attackers bottled it when it counted the most
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #650: Apr 28, 2024 03:06:22 pm

Good job we have qualified for champions league via arsenal smashing them.
      Can’t wait for this season to be over, Jürgen can’t wait to get out of here and who can blame him. He needs to recharge and if he comes back to football will no doubt do another amazing job.

As for us we are now back to fighting spurs villa and the rest for top 4
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #651: Apr 28, 2024 03:44:40 pm
      Blame Klopp for what ?

He is the one that’s made the choice to leave the club

Why must some always look for something more than what the actual reason is

What made him Change his mind after signing a new contract..?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #652: Apr 28, 2024 03:50:52 pm
      What made him Change his mind after signing a new contract..?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/Jürgen-klopp-announces-decision-step-down-liverpool-manager-end-season?amp=1

As he said - he is running out of energy

““It is that I am, how can I say it, running out of energy. I have no problem now, obviously, I knew it already for longer that I will have to announce it at one point, but I am absolutely fine now. I know that I cannot do the job again and again and again and again.

“After the years we had together and after all the time we spent together and after all the things we went through together, the respect grew for you, the love grew for you and the least I owe you is the truth – and that is the truth.”

What other reason would there be 🤷‍♂️
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2024 03:59:30 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,033 posts | 534 
      Reply #653: Apr 28, 2024 06:56:27 pm
      It was getting leaked, whispers being that involves Michael Edwards, so Klopp come out and made the statement as he wanted to make the announcement, not the F***ing press.

I've heard Edwards has already implemented things including Klopp having to adhere to the stats involving subs, hence the almost crazy substitutions we seen in the last few games.

Definitely something that happened between Man Utd league game and Atalanta Europa League. i'm just wondering has that specky tw*t coming in changed things which have seen the wheels fall off?

What Edwards was telling Klopp the subs he had to make? Sorry, don't believe that. Klopp would have told him to do one.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #654: Apr 28, 2024 09:53:58 pm
      Klopp did the same At Dortmund, let everyone know as soon as he made the choice

It’s prob easier to find a conspiracy theory where it’s prob closer to the truth that Klopp wanted people to know

There was no leaking to the press hence why it came as a surprise to everyone

Klopp told senior people at the club in November but held off making it public until January.

It's pretty obvious that his hand was forced as someone was about to leak it.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #655: Apr 28, 2024 11:32:08 pm
      How the F**k does he score from this?

Atrocious defending.

Look at our illustrious Skipper  ...F**k sake!!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #656: Apr 29, 2024 05:42:57 pm
      What Edwards was telling Klopp the subs he had to make? Sorry, don't believe that. Klopp would have told him to do one.

Not telling him what subs to make, but the whole managing of players minutes
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #657: Apr 29, 2024 07:05:56 pm

Atrocious defending.

Yeah, the w**ker should have been marking the fella on the far post, the two on the edge  of the box and the one jumping at the near post as well as Bowen.
      FFS mate, everyone takes up a position for a set piece. If the ball doesn't drop close to you, there's no time to react and move to it that fast. If he anticipates it and moves, and it goes beyond him, he then gets slated for that.Looked to me like Gomez marking Bowen, I may be wrong, but whoever it was has the responsibility to beat him to it.
      You clearly haven't played the game above under 10's level.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #658: Apr 29, 2024 07:50:13 pm
      Yeah, the w**ker should have been marking the fella on the far post, the two on the edge  of the box and the one jumping at the near post as well as Bowen.
      FFS mate, everyone takes up a position for a set piece. If the ball doesn't drop close to you, there's no time to react and move to it that fast. If he anticipates it and moves, and it goes beyond him, he then gets slated for that.Looked to me like Gomez marking Bowen, I may be wrong, but whoever it was has the responsibility to beat him to it.

Gravenberch I think
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #659: Apr 30, 2024 02:40:04 am

No need to be a smartarse!

Just saying he's ball watching as all of them are, get the F**k in there and show them how it's done.

Not the first time he sat there flat footed. He's the Skipper mate. Grab that bunch of players and say this is F***ing unacceptable.

Don't just wave your hands around blaming everyone else!
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2024 03:33:33 am by AussieRed »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #660: Yesterday at 12:55:09 am
      No need to be a smartarse!

Just saying he's ball watching as all of them are, get the F**k in there and show them how it's done.

Not the first time he sat there flat footed. He's the Skipper mate. Grab that bunch of players and say this is F***ing unacceptable.

Don't just wave your hands around blaming everyone else!

Smartarse ?

Clearly rattled your cage with a bit of common sense.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #661: Yesterday at 08:18:01 am
      1st half this season we're 2nd bottom only to Sheffield Utd.

2nd half of this season we're top.

That's staggering.

Our problems have been clear from the outset and not once this season have we done anything to change it. Hugely disappointing.

Yep.

Virtually no evidence of any semblance of coaching or tactics to keep us structurally sound at the back.

Been a case of throw caution to the wind and hope we score more pretty much all season.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,590 posts | 741 
      Reply #662: Yesterday at 09:42:14 pm

Atrocious defending.

ive learned enough from the crazies on Football Twitter. An isolated screen shot does not tell the full picture.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,590 posts | 741 
      Reply #663: Yesterday at 09:55:28 pm
      It was getting leaked, whispers being that involves Michael Edwards, so Klopp come out and made the statement as he wanted to make the announcement, not the F***ing press.

I've heard Edwards has already implemented things including Klopp having to adhere to the stats involving subs, hence the almost crazy substitutions we seen in the last few games.

Definitely something that happened between Man Utd league game and Atalanta Europa League. i'm just wondering has that specky tw*t coming in changed things which have seen the wheels fall off?

It's all getting a bit Real Housewives Of Merseyside / QANON with all these behind the scenes rumours, dramas , espionage, secrets , power struggles and 'leaks', isn't it? None of this is actually substantiated. Just random speculation.

Also Klopp has mentioned 4 years ago about how sports science department has factored into subs and playing time for outfield players. https://theathletic.com/2223889/2020/11/29/klopp-liverpool-red-zone/ he spoke fondly of it then.

maybe the new 5 subs rule is making it seem like its 'crazy'. But when we were winning , people spoke about how well he was doing with the subs and how it shows how strong our squad is.

Its amazing how, when theres a loss of form, almost anything can be viewed with a negative lens, when just a couple weeks before it was seen in a positive light.

Quick Reply