Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)

Read 5493 times
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 13 
      Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
      Jan 09, 2015 02:38:01 pm
      I'm surprised this hasn't been started yet as has been in a few papers 'gossip' columns the last few days - and it has as much chance of happening as the other threads we've got going on here at the moment!!

To meet the forum rules here is one of many of the links I've seen (this one is the echo);

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-gossip-benzema-8395542

I actually reckon this has a small chance of happening, probably close to deadline hour if at all, providing the following conditions are met first;

- We can shift Balotelli on
       - Madrid can find a suitable replacement (Falcao mentioned in a few of the reports)

I reckon he will be a great fit for our team (much better than mario anyway) and although no spring chicken, at 27 (just turned) he still has 5 good years left in him.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Re: Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
      Reply #1: Jan 09, 2015 02:48:13 pm
      Hahahahahahaha not a hope in hell  :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #2: Jan 09, 2015 02:52:41 pm
      Oh FFS really? REALLY??????
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3: Jan 09, 2015 02:54:09 pm
      This has been started before, but most likely deleted or locked as it's a non story :)

I'll say it again, Benzema is overrated, though better than our current active strikers :p and for £50m that's been quoted, ;D!! I personally don't think he's better than Sturridge as a #9, so why buy someone less superior and then for us to shift Sturridge in the Suarez role?

For me, if we can't find a striker on par or better than Sturridge as a #9, then we should look for a forward that'll compliment Sturridge.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #4: Jan 09, 2015 03:03:18 pm
      Yep, seems legit.
      mcmulled
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 306 posts | 13 
      Reply #5: Jan 09, 2015 03:06:37 pm

unfortunately its just as legit as Milner, Shaqiri, Ter Stegen, Pjanic, Bony in this window!! (AKA our other open threads)
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #6: Jan 09, 2015 03:36:26 pm
      unfortunately its just as legit as Milner, Shaqiri, Ter Stegen, Pjanic, Bony in this window!! (AKA our other open threads)

You have to remember the Confucius quote though:
      "Some things are more proper legit than others"
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #7: Jan 09, 2015 03:39:22 pm
      Why the fook are such threads being opened??  :mad:
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #8: Jan 09, 2015 04:24:05 pm
      Sounds legit. Playing for one of the biggest club in the world, just won the CL last season, guaranteed CL, trophies, big wages, playing with world class players. Why wouldn't he come here? Just look at where we are at the league table.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #9: Jan 09, 2015 04:33:49 pm
      This will never happen and trust me on this, i am one of the most optimistic people you will ever meet.

There is no chance in hell of this happening.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #10: Jan 09, 2015 05:45:11 pm
      This will never happen and trust me on this, i am one of the most optimistic people you will ever meet.

There is no chance in hell of this happening.

even if we were after him, why would he choose us. Hurts to say it but we are not good enough to attract these kind of players. Before you say we are a big club, try to see it from a neutral pov.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #11: Jan 09, 2015 07:20:35 pm
      even if we were after him, why would he choose us. Hurts to say it but we are not good enough to attract these kind of players. Before you say we are a big club, try to see it from a neutral pov.

Benzema: Things are not well. Je suis bleu. I am le tired of Real Madrid.

Benzema's agent: Sacre Bleu! Bennie my boy you have made it. You are paid thousands of euros a week to score many goals for ze best team in ze world. Why would you dream of moving?

Benzema: I am un bon player, oui. But all I hear is "Ronaldo this. Ronaldo that. Ronaldo built a museum to himself. Ronaldo donated a statue of himself avec un grande packagé to his home town. Ronaldo tres sexy. Why can't Karim be more like Ronaldo?" And when it is not Ronaldo, it is le sheep shagger. I can't even understand a word he says. I want to be ze hero for once. So they say Karim is better than "man" who shaves hair off his body than ze french women.

Benzema's agent: I understand Bennie. If your heart is set on going to be your own man. I understand. Have vous thoughté about where you want to go?

Benzema: Dacorde, I cannot stay in Spain. I need a fresh start. Le Italian pricks have no money for a man of my calibre. It must be ze land du eternal rain.

BA: Ah, so Manchester City then? Zeir owners have killed many poor people in ze middle east to make money to buy Yaya a Birthday caké. Maybe they can buy you?

KB: Mais there is ze problem. They have Yaya Toure, Aguero and David Silva. True players of class and quality.

BA: So not Chelsea then either. What about Arsenal?

KB: I never liked that Sanchez c**t. What about zat funny northern team? Won a lot things a long time ago, not done much recently. Came second last year? The one where ze bitey one came from.

BA: You mean Liverpool?

KB: Oui! Who have they got? They must have boughté many stars from all ze money they got for the biter.

BA: Ah. Ze have Rickie Lambert.

And the rest is history.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #12: Jan 09, 2015 07:20:41 pm
      Sounds legit. Playing for one of the biggest club in the world, just won the CL last season, guaranteed CL, trophies, big wages, playing with world class players. Why wouldn't he come here? Just look at where we are at the league table.

But but but, we have Joe Allen.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #13: Jan 09, 2015 07:41:56 pm
       Not to be pessimistic or something but how we come to be linked with so many High earners, when we know that LFC are almost every window trying to make wage cuts
       this and others like it  will never happen , unless they(players) accept a big wage cut which I doubt
        I am convinced  that , we will not sign any ready made star player  who is already on a high wage ,in the near future
        Obviously I hope  I am very mistaken, and the club will prove me wrong
      YNWA
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Jan 09, 2015 08:33:44 pm
      Not even going to get my hopes up on this one ...
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15: Jan 09, 2015 10:18:10 pm
      Seeing as though him and Ronaldo were having a good little laugh to themselves whilst playing against us at Anfield in the CL; I'd pass on this one.

Arrogant b***ard.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #16: Jan 10, 2015 07:14:48 am
      Irritating to see such threads still open  :mad: :f_steam: :f_doh: and the link pulled from the Echo rumors page which is just an aggregator.

I'm gonna fry my brains for bumping this up... but wish people had some brains before creating such threads!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Jan 10, 2015 08:05:21 am
      Irritating to see such threads still open  :mad: :f_steam: :f_doh: and the link pulled from the Echo rumors page which is just an aggregator.

I'm gonna fry my brains for bumping this up... but wish people had some brains before creating such threads!

Or...maybe....don't click on the thread?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #18: Jan 10, 2015 10:05:55 am
      Ronaldo likes playing with him, hence the sale of Higuain, no chance in hell, move on..
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #19: Jan 10, 2015 06:20:19 pm
      More chance of Liverpool signing my cock .
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #20: Jan 10, 2015 06:36:36 pm
      More chance of Liverpool signing my cock .

Congratulations

One hell of a length you must sport if the whole club can sign it

I might just get the Friday 5 a side team to initial mine
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #21: Jan 11, 2015 11:34:18 am
      I just farted and it sounded like Liverpool want Messi. Can I open a new thread?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #22: Jan 11, 2015 11:35:26 am
      I just farted and it sounded like Liverpool want Messi. Can I open a new thread?

Still more reliable than most of the sources these days.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #23: Jan 11, 2015 11:41:36 am

Nah, like many others, a fart comes from a sh*t source.  ;)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #25: Jan 26, 2015 12:04:52 pm
      :lmao:
      Benzema, who is starting every match for CL holders, leading the domestic league, playing with world's best players. Yup, he would come to Liverpool to try and get 4th place.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #27: Jan 28, 2015 02:12:27 pm
      Bizzare speculation. Journalism in football will be a thing of the past if crap stories like these continue to surface.

Besides, he is one of Ronaldos greatest ever servants and also a top top player above all.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #28: Jan 29, 2015 05:23:37 am
      more chance of signing Kylie Minogue
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #29: Jan 29, 2015 07:52:22 am
      Even if we do get champions league football does anyone see our club paying the type of wages these benzema's bracket of players get??

Poor story,

Oh & I forgot...we've got Ian Ayre trying to complete deals too
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #30: Jan 29, 2015 07:56:44 am
      more chance of signing Kylie Minogue

She's the headline act for stevie ' s farewell concert, we MUST sign her !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #32: Jan 29, 2015 09:04:30 am
      Sign Kylie but only is she's prepared to play in those tight gold shorts!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #33: Jan 30, 2015 12:51:32 pm
      bloody just offer him a deal now even if they say no it shows the world we are still in for top players, him the that lyon guy who has been banging them in. he's a top striker proven at the hightest level somethign we need to play along side Sturridge look what happed when sturridge was partnered with a top stirker goals,goals,goals.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #34: Jan 30, 2015 01:04:42 pm
      From the benzema thread to the danny ings thread.

As much chance of us signing messi as benzema. The days of us going after the very best players ... showing ambition etc are long gone.

We came 2nd last season ... the chavs 3rd. They signed costa and fabregas ... we signed lambert and lovren balotelli etc and sold suarez.

The very best players, who command the very best wages are nowhere near to being in the plans or blueprint/model of the club.

Its not all about big players, big money and wages etc ... but when these players become available and they can improve the first team ... we have to go for them ... but we dont and they end up at chelsea city utd etc etc.

Then we get the 'its the bright lights of london town excuse' Last time i checked ... manchester is only up the road and they don't have any problems.

Benzema wont be going anywhere to the summer. We should sit tight with what we have until the end of the season. And then address our shortcomings by bringing  in quality over quantity ... thus breaking a habit that stretches back over 20 years.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #35: Feb 01, 2015 01:48:48 pm
      Hmm we are below his sophisticated tastes or something? I don't even want this player anyway.

Quick Reply