Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Danny Ings (Burnley) - SIGNED BY LFC

Read 30401 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Danny Ings (Burnley)
      Reply #92: Jan 30, 2015 06:30:39 pm
      i see the same arguments from the doubters that also argued against us getting sturridge and coutinho

"[X player] is Not 'Ready Made'"

Do you actually "see" that or are you just making sh*t up?  :o

Take the quote ""[X player] is Not 'Ready Made'" - who has said that about Ings? Who said that about Sturridge and/or Coutinho?

Come on fella... name and shame these doubters you "see" - unless you are lying, it should be easy enough; eh?  ;D

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #93: Jan 30, 2015 06:40:02 pm
      seems like a good player.

i see the same arguments from the doubters that also argued against us getting sturridge and coutinho

"Would the likes of [chelsea, united, city] be after [x player]?"

"[x player] is Not 'World Class'"

"[Player] is not 'Liverpool standard'"

So he's going to be as good as Sturridge and Coutinho?

Well sign him up then!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #94: Jan 30, 2015 07:43:52 pm
      seems like a good player.

"Would the likes of [chelsea, united, city] be after [x player]?"

"[x player] is Not 'World Class'"

"[Player] is not 'Liverpool standard'"

I was excited when we signed Sturridge as he already looked a very good player.

I was excited about Coutinho when I heard how highly Rafa rated him at Inter calling him "the future of Inter".

I am not excited about Danny Ings.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #95: Jan 30, 2015 08:20:52 pm
      I wonder what kind of message this sends to potential world-class signings in the summer.  Our top target this window was.... Danny Ings.  I'm sure Pogba and Reus are chomping at the bit to play with him...
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #96: Jan 30, 2015 08:35:56 pm
      I wonder what kind of message this sends to potential world-class signings in the summer.  Our top target this window was.... Danny Ings.  I'm sure Pogba and Reus are chomping at the bit to play with him...

Oh what a crock of sh*te, one Reus is going to Madrid, two Pogba will go to the money.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #97: Jan 30, 2015 08:43:19 pm
      Bit of a strange one notion we'd pay £5-10M for him when his deals up in the summer....
      I like the look of him, would be an upgrade on Borini. If we can sell Borini for £8M+ and bring this lad in on a compensation fee that'd be a good start to the summer
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,594 posts | 745 
      Reply #98: Jan 30, 2015 08:44:10 pm
      Do you actually "see" that or are you just making sh*t up?  :o

Take the quote ""[X player] is Not 'Ready Made'" - who has said that about Ings? Who said that about Sturridge and/or Coutinho?

Come on fella... name and shame these doubters you "see" - unless you are lying, it should be easy enough; eh?  ;D

people are always saying we should be buying 'ready made' 'world class' players.

people were definitely saying we should not be signing Daniel Sturridge and that we are buying chelsea flops/ cast offs.
      people also said "you wont see city etc etc" signing him.

if you dont see these comments maybe you read different threads.

you're the kind of person that will read a whole post and reply nitpicking one sentence that has nothing to do with the overall point being made. ;D

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #99: Jan 30, 2015 08:46:56 pm
      4 pages in 24 hours.... come kids, go out, get drunk, learn to knit!  4 pages... wow.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #100: Jan 30, 2015 08:54:59 pm

Doesn't really matter what message it sends as we won't be after that class of player anyway....
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,654 posts | 3922 
      Reply #101: Jan 30, 2015 08:58:03 pm
      Is this on or what?!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #102: Jan 30, 2015 09:00:11 pm
      You're probably right mate but you could ask yourself - why? What is it about Real Madrid? Their success maybe? What makes them successful? The quality of their players perhaps?

two Pogba will go to the money.
      Again you are probably right.

So there we have it Mad4- according to your good self; the key to signing top quality players... 1: success [derived from playing with other top players] and 2: money [I presume you mean wages]. Makes for depressing reading (if you truly believe we can offer neither); doesn't it?

I guess the fact that some fans have grown to just accept 'it' as the norm is why expectations are so low. Sad really.  :-[
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #103: Jan 30, 2015 09:00:15 pm
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #104: Jan 30, 2015 09:02:24 pm
      You're probably right mate but you could ask yourself - why? What is it about Real Madrid? Their success maybe? What makes them successful? The quality of their players perhaps?
      Again you are probably right.

So there we have it Mad4- according to your good self; the key to signing top quality players... 1: success [derived from playing with other top players] and 2: money [I presume you mean wages]. Makes for depressing reading (if you truly believe we can offer neither); doesn't it?

I guess the fact that some fans have grown to just accept 'it' as the norm is why expectations are so low. Sad really.  :-[

Even under FFP Madrid blow us out the water on both wages and buying power, so not sad just realistic.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #105: Jan 30, 2015 09:07:00 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #106: Jan 30, 2015 09:11:57 pm
      people are always saying we should be buying 'ready made' 'world class' players.
      "Always"? No they are not.

The phrase "ready made" (regarding signing players) has only recently be coined by Brendan himself [as reported on 3 January this year]...

“A large part of our squad is young players but there’s no doubt that if you want to take steps forward, you need to sign ready-made players,” said Rodgers...
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-need-transfers-finished-product-players-4914673

But being a Red you probably already knew that and just forgot mate.

To the best of my knowledge; term did not appear, on here, before Brendan said it and certainly not when we were discussing either Sturridge or Coutinho. Unless you can prove otherwise which is all I asked you to do.

Getting back to the phrase "ready made": do you believe Brendan was wrong when he said it?  :confused-smiley-013:

people were definitely saying we should not be signing Daniel Sturridge and that we are buying chelsea flops/ cast offs.
      people also said "you wont see city etc etc" signing him.

if you dont see these comments maybe you read different threads.

you're the kind of person that will read a whole post and reply nitpicking one sentence that has nothing to do with the overall point being made. ;D

Nah fella no F***ing nit-picking; I read the whole post and fully understood it.

You said, very clearly, that you see the same people saying the same things about Danny Ings as they did about Sturridge and Coutinho but... I'll accept that English may not be your first language so you may have meant something different to what you wrote so let's leave it there.  8)
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2015 09:35:21 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #107: Jan 30, 2015 09:47:39 pm
      Liverpool £4m Danny Ings bid rejected by Burnley as Reds told to wait until summer

Anfield is preferred destination for striker, but Burnley want him to stay and secure Premier League survival

Liverpool have had a £4million bid for Danny Ings rejected and been told they will have to wait until the summer to secure a deal for the Burnley striker.

The Clarets have made it clear they have no intention of selling the 22-year-old frontman prior to Monday’s transfer deadline.

Premier League survival would be worth around £50million to Burnley and they want Ings, whose contract expires at the end of the season, to stay and score the goals to keep them up.

When the Reds tabled their bid, they were open to the idea of loaning him back to Turf Moor until May but such an arrangement would have been against Premier League rules.

As a result the Reds must wait until the end of the season when they would be able to negotiate a deal directly with Ings. He will be a free agent but as he’s under the age of 24, Liverpool would need to pay Burnley around £3million in compensation.

Tottenham and Real Sociedad are also interested but the ECHO understands that Anfield is Ings’ preferred destination.

Reacting to reports that Ings could sign for the Reds but stay on loan with the Clarets, Burnley chief executive Lee Hoos said: “This type of move would violate Premier League rule V7 regarding transfers so simply cannot happen.

“This is the last time we will be making any comment regarding the player’s future.

“Over the course of the window, the player himself, Sean Dyche and the chairman have made it clear he won’t be going anywhere and we consider that the end of the matter.”

Premier League rule V7 states that a player cannot be purchased and loaned back between Premier League clubs in the same transfer window.

Brendan Rodgers is a big admirer of Ings, who started his career in the youth ranks at Southampton before becoming an apprentice at Bournemouth. He made his first-team debut in 2009 and went on to score eight goals in 30 appearances for the Cherries.

In August 2011 he moved to Burnley for around £1million. He has netted 39 times in 114 matches for the Clarets and played a key role in their promotion to the top flight last season.

His 21 goals fired them into the Premier League and he’s their top scorer with seven goals this season.

Ings, who has been capped by England Under-21s, recently vowed to see out the current campaign with the Clarets as they look to avoid relegation.

“I’m contracted until the end of the season and that’s the way it’s going to be,” he said.

“I will fight for the team as much as I can and do my best for them. If an offer comes in, I won’t be looking at it.”
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-4m-danny-ings-bid-8552918
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,351 posts | 6394 
      Reply #108: Jan 31, 2015 12:19:45 am
      Why do we always have difficulty with our transfers? We wait till the last few days in hopes of what? Getting a great deal?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #109: Jan 31, 2015 12:41:29 am
      Why do we always have difficulty with our transfers? We wait till the last few days in hopes of what? Getting a great deal?

I know right!

Not quite sure why we would offer so much for a player we could get for free in the summer either.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #110: Jan 31, 2015 08:50:19 am
      I know right!

Not quite sure why we would offer so much for a player we could get for free in the summer either.
      Firepower goals.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #111: Jan 31, 2015 10:55:48 am

Now if I was anyway cynical by nature I'd be thinking... experience shows that, by waiting, there's more chance of "difficulty" arising yes but when it does [be it Konoplyanka, Dempsey or Ings] 'we' can always blame circumstances and hey.. "At least we tried".

Thankfully tho' I'm not cynical (or sarcastic) so I guess we leave it so late only because we want to do full due diligence, on all our targets... to make sure they're just right and the perfect fit.

[even tho' it was a valid excuse we used with Suarez] - I'm sure the notion that Burnley were unlikely to part with their best striker so close to the end of the window (and with no time to find a replacement) was merely an oversight by our negotiators.  >:D

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #112: Jan 31, 2015 11:39:05 am
      I know right!

We can't get him free. We'd go to a tribunal in the summer because he is under 24. Given that he is a regular for the england U21s and his team, 4 million is probably what we'd pay then. If we did it now, we'd atleast secure his services without a wage bidding war (because, despite what some perpetual moaners in this thread have made out, we are competing with other good teams for him).
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #113: Jan 31, 2015 11:58:21 am
      No chance they let a potential £50m+ windfall go by selling Ings for £4m. They wouldnt sell him for £15m i would think.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #114: Jan 31, 2015 12:08:54 pm
      It's times like this Rodgers really does make himself look a bafoon. Last week he was saying how Liverpool can still attract Marquee signings, this week we're going after Ings. To me, this says everything you need to know about our ambitions as a club. Shopping at Burnley for a Striker for no other reason other than he's young and he's cheap. This transfer policy has to go.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2015 01:32:28 pm by 5timesacharm »

Quick Reply