Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.8%)
      Emre Can
      61 (46.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      0 (0%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (0.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.5%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      58 (44.6%)
      Raheem Sterling
      5 (3.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Fabio Borini
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2015 09:54:59 pm

Bolton 1-2 Liverpool (FA Cup R4 Replay): In game and Post Match celebration

Read 46029 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Bolton 1-2 Liverpool (FA Cup R4 Replay): In game and Post Match celebration
      Reply #575: Feb 04, 2015 09:59:31 pm
      Phew!

Phew-lippe Coutinho!

Emre Can is quality. Sterling is world class.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #576: Feb 04, 2015 09:59:45 pm
      Just found this on Facebook :lmao: ......

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Re: Live: Bolton V Liverpool (FA Cup 4th Round Replay)
      Reply #577: Feb 04, 2015 09:59:49 pm
      Emre can motm for me.
      Turning into a terrific buy. Composed at the back, powerhouse in midfield, pace, control and a very clever footballer.

Love him. Loads of passion and quality. Top purchase.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #578: Feb 04, 2015 09:59:52 pm
      When we get Toure back I wonder if Can moves up to midfield full time?

Don't think there is any reason to have Allen on the field anymore and I've been a big fan of his.

Think our best lineup is going to have to include Lallana, Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho, Can, Sakho, Hendo, Skrtel, Mignolet and whoever else is in good form.

Thought we missed Lucas tonight as well.

It pains me to say it but Gerrard is looking more and more "past it" with each performance. The end of the game he was basically just laying it off to Can and letting him take charge as it was.

Agree with all of that besides Lallana. Off the pace at the moment. After a week in the Caribbean that one is.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #579: Feb 04, 2015 10:00:47 pm

That is so F***ing good, and true !
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #580: Feb 04, 2015 10:02:53 pm
      Utterly filthy team were Bolton. Would have been f**king furious if Liverpool had lost that. Hacking, lunging, leading with the arms tw*ts the lot of them and the referee happily waved them on like the tw*t he was tonight. And as for that diving little sh*t - f**k him. Devil spawn the lot of them. I guess that is how Lennon's Celtic beat Barcelona. No intelligence to his teams play at all. Go and feed your team on a diet of fish and chips just like you did at Celtic. Yeah that's right - f**k off and goodbye and good luck trying to get out of the championship with that remedial, prehistoric sh*te what you call football.

They were a bit on the rough side and the lads didn't get much protection from the ref but that's what you have to expect from a Championship side at home in the Cup. I've got no qualms, classic cup football, out lads stood up to it ok but I would have preferred to see us dish a bit back if i'm honest, we're a little bit too nice and quiet in my opinion. I actually don't mind Lennon, he is tough bugger and his teams play in his image. I actually thought they were fairly bright on the odd occasion going forward and they actually quite a high line for mush of the game so at least it wasn't the usual bus parking you see from virtually every under-dog these days
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #581: Feb 04, 2015 10:04:29 pm
      Emre Can our German engineered Rolls Royce. Is there any position he can't play.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #582: Feb 04, 2015 10:04:52 pm
      Emre can motm for me.
      Turning into a terrific buy. Composed at the back, powerhouse in midfield, pace, control and a very clever footballer.

Yep, another good performance.
      Probably not strong enough to play middle of the 3, but he can definitely bring the ball out better than the others.
      Has really come on since the first few months. Long may it continue.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #583: Feb 04, 2015 10:05:02 pm
      Emre Can you magnificent b***ard.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #584: Feb 04, 2015 10:05:04 pm
      Allen was no where near as bad as people making out, it's just that Gerrard was even worse and its sacrilege to criticise him.
      Allen did the Lucas Job in the first half fairly well. Can moving into midfield showed exactly what we were missing with Gerrard......

Only time i noticed Allen was when he got clattered twice to get their man sent off. He's crap.

Stevie was crap but at least linked up with those around him and got on the ball. He was trying to get something going on the edge of the opposition box more than a few times.

This is very good :D

Emre Can you magnificent b***ard.

^
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Live: Bolton V Liverpool (FA Cup 4th Round Replay)
      Reply #585: Feb 04, 2015 10:07:12 pm
      Brilliant!

Absolutely fantastic performances out there from some of our lads. Sterling, Coutinho and Can were outstanding.

A few dire ones though too, thought Lallana and Allen were bloody awful.

Studge coming on made such a difference, but Can was a real powerhouse, he's our ready made replacement for Gerrard to be fair. Thought Brendan made all the right changes and by the end of the match it was just a matter of time. I suppose hitting the woodwork 3 times was just keeping the tie alive and looking more in their favour than it actually was, would have been criminal if we didn't win that.

Was never a pen either but, doesn't matter now.

Migs also looking a bit better recently too, things looking well on the up!

Win this for Stevie boys, great stuff, great cup-tie.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #586: Feb 04, 2015 10:08:33 pm
      Sakho was a beast again, long way for Future Captain to get back in at this rate.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #587: Feb 04, 2015 10:08:47 pm
      Coutinho was once again sublime , he keeps getting better and better . But it was so frustrating to see us get so close and dominate possession and not get the early goals .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #588: Feb 04, 2015 10:08:49 pm
      Every corner we pumped in they headed away, every one.

And I don't think we tried one short corner. Little bit of game management from someone would've been nice.

I'd rather we gave up on corners and just played them short.

We are F***ing sh*te at them and have been for many a year.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #589: Feb 04, 2015 10:08:57 pm
      Allen was no where near as bad as people making out, it's just that Gerrard was even worse and its sacrilege to criticise him.
      Allen did the Lucas Job in the first half fairly well. Can moving into midfield showed exactly what we were missing with Gerrard......

Gerrard and Allen's job in this set-up is to protect the back three, keep the ball moving and get the ball to Lallana, Sterling and Coutinho. They were both fairly effective in the role. Just because the skipper isn't Roy of the Rovers tonight and Allen simply gives a workmanlike performance doesn't mean they have stunk the joint out. There is nothing wrong with a 7/10 performance, maybe a 6.5/10.

final ball let us down for much of the match tonight. That isn't the fault of Stevie or Joe Allen.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #590: Feb 04, 2015 10:09:57 pm
      Maybe I'm reading too much into this but I thought Stevie looked very pissed off tonight. Didn't look happy at all and from what I seen he didn't clap the fans at the end with the rest of the players and just headed off.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's been told he won't be starting on Saturday as a result of playing tonight.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #591: Feb 04, 2015 10:10:49 pm
      Maybe I'm reading too much into this but I thought Stevie looked very pissed off tonight. Didn't look happy at all and from what I seen he didn't clap the fans at the end with the rest of the players and just headed off.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's been told he won't be starting on Saturday as a result of playing tonight.

Well resting Hendo and Lucas, seems that way alright.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #592: Feb 04, 2015 10:11:22 pm
      Can,Sterling, Couthino, Lallana, Markovic, Henderson, Sturridge, Sakho. All looking rather good.
      We've got Ibe and Rossiter in the wings as well.  Lots to be positive about. Roll on Goodison!
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #593: Feb 04, 2015 10:12:45 pm

The skipper has never had the cheeriest disposition has he!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #594: Feb 04, 2015 10:13:13 pm

That's how I think it is looking and how I'd go as well mate at the weekend so the boss has got it right if that's the case.

bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #595: Feb 04, 2015 10:13:17 pm
      Emre Can our German engineered Rolls Royce. Is there any position he can't play.
      He's a fantastic player , he loves getting forward and i think he's wasted at cb even though he's doing a fine job back there .

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #596: Feb 04, 2015 10:14:50 pm
      Well resting Hendo and Lucas, seems that way alright.

Think Lucas was injured for tonight but still. The game passed him by at times and he looked fu**ed towards the end.

Don't see how he starts especially now Sturridge is back and Can has just showed us his beast mode in midfield.
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #597: Feb 04, 2015 10:14:50 pm
      Miglonet for me was MOTM, every decision he made was the right one, very different goalkeeper from the one who started the season.

Overall we deserved it, think we would have got at least one goal back if they stayed with 11 men. Glad the job was done in the 90.

In a way, I'm glad Gerrard's going, of course we are going to miss him at certain times with all that experience but he's gone off the boil since he's played deeper (far too overrated in that position by our fans in the early days).

Plus it means we will have to get someone decent in the summer to replace him! And please Rodgers, quality over quantity.

Anyway, we were great, really want the FA cup this year and we have a good chance of progression against Palace.

Quick Reply