Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

And here's the News....

Read 8111 times
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      And here's the News....
      Reply #23: Jun 17, 2007 09:37:37 pm
      One of the lads I work with told me the other day that his girlfriend committed suicide last Monday. He was detained last weekend but came to work and carried on as normal. It wasn't 'til the whispers got round I actually found out from him! The 1st person he told should have been the last person to tell anyone else but that person acted as if they had hold of a hot potato and passed it on to the next guy. I hate it when someone betrays somebody else's confidence like that.  >:(
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      And here's the News....
      Reply #24: Jun 18, 2007 12:29:58 am
      One of the lads I work with told me the other day that his girlfriend committed suicide last Monday. He was detained last weekend but came to work and carried on as normal.

Came to work and carried on as normal.  And work let him. 

I thought this thread was all about local boring news - a murder and a suicide in two consecutive posts. It's a real treat logging on tonight...
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      And here's the News....
      Reply #25: Jun 18, 2007 12:43:35 am
      Sod the suicide, I could murder for a look at the plans for the new stadium!  :D ;)

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      And here's the News....
      Reply #26: Jun 18, 2007 12:57:40 am
      Our cat's just tried to get out of the tiny front window of the house! What a f**kin' liberty!!!!!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      And here's the News....
      Reply #27: Jun 18, 2007 01:15:41 am
      My neighbors' cat has been attacked and it's left ear is going all (wait for it...) pussy! I don't speak to my neighbor because I think she is a weird witch. She is black but has dyed her hair bleach blonde. I want to tell her that the cat is injured.
      Last time I knocked on her door (about a year ago) I mentioned her overflow pipe was leaking big time, we had a hose pipe ban at the time too. Anyway, she let rip with the worst volley of offensive language I have ever heard in my life. She was a ranting, screaming, shouting, abusive and down right cheeky bi*ch! Banging on my door saying "I'll call the Police!"
      Stupid bi*ch! And now the cat is injured and I love cats, especially this one as I don't have pets, what shall I do?  ???
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      And here's the News....
      Reply #28: Jun 18, 2007 01:37:24 am
      My neighbors' cat has been attacked and it's left ear is going all (wait for it...) pussy! I don't speak to my neighbor because I think she is a weird witch. She is black but has dyed her hair bleach blonde. I want to tell her that the cat is injured.
      Last time I knocked on her door (about a year ago) I mentioned her overflow pipe was leaking big time, we had a hose pipe ban at the time too. Anyway, she let rip with the worst volley of offensive language I have ever heard in my life. She was a ranting, screaming, shouting, abusive and down right cheeky bi*ch! Banging on my door saying "I'll call the Police!"
      Stupid bi*ch! And now the cat is injured and I love cats, especially this one as I don't have pets, what shall I do?  ???

She might be a bi*ch but the cat needs attention mate. If it was me, I'd knock on her door and tell her, her cat has been attacked. Not much else you can do if it's not your pet. But at least you'll be doing something about it.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      And here's the News....
      Reply #29: Jun 18, 2007 01:51:45 am
      She might be a bi*ch but the cat needs attention mate. If it was me, I'd knock on her door and tell her, her cat has been attacked. Not much else you can do if it's not your pet. But at least you'll be doing something about it.

Guess your right, might stick a note on a brick through her window through her door cos if I make eye contact with her she might turn me into stone. Watch this space, tune in tomorrow mate... :action-smiley-065:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      And here's the News....
      Reply #30: Jun 18, 2007 01:54:09 am
      Guess your right, might stick a note on a brick through her window through her door cos if I make eye contact with her she might turn me into stone. Watch this space, tune in tomorrow mate... :action-smiley-065:

I'll be waiting to hear what happens mate. Hope the cat's not too bad.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      And here's the News....
      Reply #31: Aug 23, 2007 03:06:41 pm
      It's all kicking off in the town I work in today:

Armed police called to shooting incident

Press Association
      Thursday August 23, 2007
      Guardian Unlimited

A number of people were seriously injured in a street shooting today.
      Armed officers raced to the scene of the attack near the railway station in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire.

Police said Pixmore Avenue in the town was sealed off after the incident at about 11.40am.

A spokeswoman for Hertfordshire police said a number of people were taken to hospital with serious injuries.

A number of weapons were recovered and a number of people arrested, the spokeswoman said, but she could not confirm details of the incident.

Taxi drivers near Letchworth's railway station said one man had been shot in the face after an argument between two men.

A driver, who asked not to be named, said: "As far as I know a man has been shot in the face three times.

"I've been told by other drivers that one of the blokes said he was going to shoot the other and the other one said 'go on then'. And he did, three times."

LINK

Two roads are closed, bloody traffic's a nightmare. Just driven past the crime scene, being the nosey b***ard that I am, can't really see a lot.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      And here's the News....
      Reply #32: Aug 23, 2007 09:14:58 pm
      Its pretty sombre round here tonight after whats happened to that poor 11 year old kid, police everywhere, the whole estate has been closed with access only.  Feel for his family, must be a bloody nightmare for them  :'(  Just hope they charge someone soon and hope the government finally do something about this gun culture thats taking over and not let the b*stards get away with it.   >:( 
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      And here's the News....
      Reply #33: Aug 23, 2007 10:44:05 pm
      I remember being a kid...
      When I was as young as 7, living in Mitcham, South London, me and my sister were allowed to go half a mile from the house, unattended and play in the park, no big deal.
      I could go down the shop for my Grandma in Kenny (aged 8 ) and get her 40 ciggies from Mr B's opposite the ice rink - no hassle.
      When I lived in N. Wales I could go miles from my house on my Chopper, play in the sand hills on the prom, virtually disappear, no problem, (aged 10).

It's shocking that gangs of kids have access to guns, knives and drugs. They even have the audacity to kick the sh*t out of someone for fun, film it all and then post it on the net for all to see!
      If I even considered doing anything of that nature when I was younger my parents would kill me for sure. I was sh*t scared of my parents and had ultimate respect for them (99.99% of the time). The thought of letting them down or getting in trouble was just unthinkable.
      My sister mixed with a few rouges / the wrong sort in her youth and caused my old man many a headache. He had enough on his plate without dealing with that type of sh*t but somehow he would always come good for her despite her short comings, blood is thicker etc. We were 2 of many youths trying to find their own identities in a big wide world having lived here, schooled there, with step dad number 2, it wasn't easy. Ultimately our parents never let us down and we had total respect for them and what they did for us.

The point I'm trying to make here is I don't believe there is much (if any) respect for elders these days, at least not on the same scale as when I was growing up. The youth culture of today is influenced by all the wrong things as mentioned before. What happened to idolizing sports stars (ie Daley Thompson, King Kenny etc in my day). Rap stars bleeting bollocks about being tough and living in a crib (FFS! Please!) is about all some teenage ghetto kids aspire to today. Perhaps not quite but not far from it either. Kids rebel at any age, it's natural but to isolate parents as their ideals are different from their own or to shun the education system to be a gagsta is nothing short of pathetic.
      A kid wound up dead last night, another last week, another last month, what will tomorrow bring? Youth culture is going through a major crisis and charging someone with murder will not solve the problem as a whole. A massive shift of conscience has to take place. It must start at the top with the Government introducing new measures to curb this mentality through it's education system. Tomorrow's adults are today's adults responsibility and we must do whatever we can to educate them - otherwise more lives will be lost to mindless, uneducated idiots.

A tragic loss of such a promising life...

Sincere condolences to all who knew Rhys Jones,
      my thoughts and prayers are with you. YNWA

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      And here's the News....
      Reply #34: Aug 23, 2007 11:03:09 pm
      To be honest. I preferred this thread when it was a piss take.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      And here's the News....
      Reply #35: Aug 23, 2007 11:48:29 pm
      The loss of this little lad's life is tragic, I couldn't help but reflect on my youth...

But on a more up-beat note kop a load of this...  ;) :D

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=fr&code=85926d15a4b2962cf1af197908129e9b
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      And here's the News....
      Reply #36: Aug 24, 2007 06:53:43 pm
      Thats more like it RED1028  :D :D :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      And here's the News....
      Reply #37: Sep 20, 2007 04:35:49 pm
       :D :D :D

Unbelievable!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/7003325.stm

Man, 72, refused alcohol over age

Supermarket staff refused to sell alcohol to a white-haired 72-year-old man - because he would not confirm he was over 21.
      Check-out staff at Morrisons in West Kirby, Wirral, demanded Tony Ralls prove he was old enough to buy his two bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon.

Mr Ralls asked to see the manager who put the wine back on the shelf.

The grandfather-of-three said he had refused to confirm he was over 21 as it was a "stupid question."

Mr Ralls, a retired insurance firm regional manager, said he expected the store manager to resolve the situation but he was disappointed.

"I felt like saying 'What do I look like? Are you a fool?'

"He picks up the wine and, in the manner of a child taking home his ball, says 'Well, we won't serve you'."

The pensioner abandoned his shopping on the conveyor belt and left the store - but not before demanding a complaints form and phone number for Morrisons' headquarters.

Mr Ralls said: "It is bureaucracy gone mad. If the check-out lady, who was about 40, had asked me with a twinkle in her eye perhaps I would not have been so tetchy.

"But she asked me the question with a perfectly straight face and I said I wouldn't dignify the question with an answer.

"And if the manager had explained that all the staff had to ask everyone because they had previously been fined, but said I was clearly over 21, it would have been fine - but he showed no sense of humour."

Mr Ralls added that he felt embarrassed to return to the supermarket and wanted an apology for "the stupid and unnecessary confrontation."

He added: "I applaud any efforts to stop kids being served and standing on street corners getting drunk. But this was just totally stupid."

A Morrisons spokesman said: "We take our responsibility with regard to selling alcohol very seriously and all our stores operate the Task 21 scheme, which addresses the difficulties our staff face in being able to determine if a customer is legally old enough to buy alcohol.

"To further limit any element of doubt staff at the West Kirby store are required to ask anyone buying alcohol to confirm that they are over 21."

AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      And here's the News....
      Reply #38: Sep 20, 2007 05:00:51 pm
      This is stupid as I understand it the idea is anyone who looks under 21 will get their id checked, I have been served alcohol since I was 16ish and only once got asked for id... on my 18th Bday :D.  My brother is 2 years older and always got refused he is still being checked even now (he is 26) which is fair enough if thats the law but some1 of a "mature age" should be deserve a little more respect.
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      And here's the News....
      Reply #39: Sep 20, 2007 05:24:32 pm
      Complete lack of common sense shown by the staff.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      And here's the News....
      Reply #40: Sep 20, 2007 06:45:30 pm
      Wouldn't expect anything less from Morrisons TBH. About a year ago I had an issue with them when they tried to accuse me of shoplifting. The baskets were out the front of the store & I walked out with goods in my hand to get one. If they'd stopped me at that point I could understand their case, but they stopped me after I'd come back into the shop, put the goods in the basket & continued with my shopping! I ended up with two days in court to clear my name, and couldn't claim any lost earnings either >:(
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      And here's the News....
      Reply #41: Sep 20, 2007 09:34:45 pm
      Wouldn't expect anything less from Morrisons TBH. About a year ago I had an issue with them when they tried to accuse me of shoplifting. The baskets were out the front of the store & I walked out with goods in my hand to get one. If they'd stopped me at that point I could understand their case, but they stopped me after I'd come back into the shop, put the goods in the basket & continued with my shopping! I ended up with two days in court to clear my name, and couldn't claim any lost earnings either >:(

bas**rds aint they!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      And here's the News....
      Reply #42: Sep 27, 2007 08:00:29 pm
      I split my head open at work today, there was claret everywhere!
      The driver lifts tonne bags of ballast from the lorry with his Hiab crane into position on the ground. He had stacked them 3 high and I went to unhook the rear chain but couldn't reach. I jumped up to grab the rear hook and Smack! I split my head open on the metal scoop bucket! Ouch! I had to stop work for an hour and I still feel a bit Woooh!  :-[

The crane in this picture was about 6ft off the ground, like my head was on impact with the bucket!  :D :D ::)
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      And here's the News....
      Reply #43: Sep 27, 2007 08:10:16 pm
      Red is your middle name lucky by any chance? smashed finger and bashed head, maybe its time for a carear change
      MsGerrard
      And here's the News....
      Reply #44: Sep 27, 2007 08:18:04 pm
      Ahhh!! that sounds nasty that does, hope it doesn't knock any sense into you ;D

Sorry....Only joking!!!

You have to be careful with a knock to the head, hope it doesn't affect your running
      Take Care Red ;)
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      And here's the News....
      Reply #45: Sep 27, 2007 08:49:30 pm
      Anything to get an hour off work... ;)

Yeah, I have a splitting headache!  :D

I must keep my head down tomorrow and get on with my work!  :D

Where there's no sense there's no feeling... etc, etc!  ::)

Next thing we'll have the Health & Safety Executive pay us a visit...

Quick Reply