Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Man City)

Read 318105 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool -> Somewhere else)
      Reply #2990: Jul 07, 2015 11:01:38 pm
      Andy Hunter saying that Sterling has told club he doesn't want to be included in the preseason tour.

Book his flight and room then ;)

Too rights! Sterling has clearly shown he doesn't give a toss what Liverpool want and now he wants us to consider his needs. Piss off Raheem, I respect you as a player but enough of this prima donna rubbish.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,392 posts | 4979 
      Reply #2991: Jul 07, 2015 11:02:09 pm
      Andy Hunter saying that Sterling has told club he doesn't want to be included in the preseason tour.

Yep.

And play him in every game.

He's our player until he is sold.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #2992: Jul 07, 2015 11:06:43 pm

This ^^
      Raheem Sterling's Liverpool transfer saga takes new twist as he REFUSES to join pre-season tour

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/raheem-sterlings-liverpool-transfer-saga-6021683

so He and his agent are at it again, (if this article is true)

Not in the frame of mind ,my foot
        maybe he knows that city is going to make their 3rd offer (maybe less than 50M) hoping LFC will accept
        just tell him , No offer, no agreement, he must be on the flight , guess he will be fined if he refuses,
        If he wants , his knob agent begs city to match our valuation

YNWA
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2993: Jul 07, 2015 11:09:43 pm
      This makes me want to stick him on gardening leave. You could look at that as our cutting our nose off to spite our face but no player should ever think he can bully Liverpool FC and let him rot would send a very clear cut message. There are ways and means of going about a transfer  and he's broken just about every rule of decency there is. If he's so desperate to leave he should have a word with City about meeting our evaluation.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2994: Jul 07, 2015 11:37:59 pm
      What is the difference between what Raheem is doing right now and what Lallana did last summer?

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2995: Jul 07, 2015 11:39:02 pm
      Who the F**k does Raheem think he is if that's true.

If It is true, I'd tell City no bids will be accepted, Tell Raheem straight he can sign a new deal with a release clause, get his head down and work hard for the team or he can spend the next two years plying for the under 21's/ressies until his deal runs out.

Time to set a precedent with him, he's a F***ing kid giving it the Johnny Big Bollocks to a club who take a chance on him and thrust him in to the premier league lime light.

I'm a stubborn c**t, I'd rather lose him for nothing than give in to a spoilt brat, F**k him, let him rot if he doesn't meet our demands.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,392 posts | 4979 
      Reply #2996: Jul 07, 2015 11:42:02 pm
      What is the difference between what Raheem is doing right now and what Lallana did last summer?

What did Lallana do last summer?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #2997: Jul 07, 2015 11:45:06 pm

Nothing whatsoever.

We bid £25 million for him. Saints accepted.

That is all.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,392 posts | 4979 
      Reply #2998: Jul 07, 2015 11:47:26 pm
      Nothing whatsoever.

We bid £25 million for him. Saints accepted.

That is all.

That's why I asked.

Don't recall anything out of the ordinary with that transfer.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2999: Jul 07, 2015 11:50:49 pm

In Federers world he talked Lovren and Lambrt into joining us Clyne too albeit it a year later, Southampton got very worried and called scooby doo and co in, we'd have had Luke Shaw and Schneiderlin too if it wasn't for those meddling kids.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3000: Jul 07, 2015 11:52:16 pm
      Nothing whatsoever.  We bid £25 million for him. Saints accepted.  That is all.

Erm no.  Your memory is very short.  We put in a bid not long after the end of the season, Saints rejected it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2644354/Adam-Lallana-offer-increased-Liverpool-25m-Reds-make-final-bid-England-Southampton-star.html

Then it took a while and Lallana was all over everything, rumours that he was going to go on strike, that he was forcing through a move and wanted Saints to accept the offer, etc etc.  We then had to sit through talk about it for the entire World Cup, and after England was eliminated we put in a new bid, and only then did they accept it.

So, to answer the question, what Lallana did was: he forced through a move to a club where he would make more money and have a greater likelihood of success.

Which is essentially what Sterling is doing.  Forcing a move to a club that can basically guarantee him CL football and a chance to win the League year in and year out.  Whilst giving him more money.

Yet somehow it was fine when Lallana did it but Raheem gets crucified. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3001: Jul 07, 2015 11:53:30 pm
      Dead right. Get Raheem and his agent in for a meeting with a big pile of wedge on the table. "Thus is what you could have won". Then, "suit yourself whether you come on tour you little c***, you ain't going anywhere in any case". In two years having had no competitive football, everyone will have forgotten who he is. F*ck him! cheeky little pr!ck.

He learnt many things off Luis Suarez. Unfortunately, what to do when you want a move wasn't one of them.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3002: Jul 07, 2015 11:54:27 pm
      Erm no.  Your memory is very short.  We put in a bid not long after the end of the season, Saints rejected it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2644354/Adam-Lallana-offer-increased-Liverpool-25m-Reds-make-final-bid-England-Southampton-star.html

Then it took a while and Lallana was all over everything, rumours that he was going to go on strike, that he was forcing through a move and wanted Saints to accept the offer, etc etc.  We then had to sit through talk about if for the entire World Cup, and after England was eliminated we put in a new bid, and only then did they accept it.

So, to answer the question, what Lallana did was: he forced through a move to a club where he would make more money and have a greater likelihood of success.

Which is essentially what Sterling is doing.  Forcing a move to a club that can basically guarantee him CL football and a chance to win the League year in and year out.  Whilst giving him more money.

Yet somehow it was fine when Lallana did it but Raheem gets crucified. 

Fed, f*ck off.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3003: Jul 07, 2015 11:55:00 pm
      He learnt many things off Luis Suarez. Unfortunately, what to do when you want a move wasn't one of them.

Thank F**k, couldn't be arsed going through another cannibal holocaust. :D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3004: Jul 07, 2015 11:55:49 pm

that's not really an answer to my question.

You could have just said "there is no difference, it's just that it's fine when players do it to COME to us, but it's wrong when players do it who want to LEAVE us."
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3005: Jul 08, 2015 12:02:07 am
      that's not really an answer to my question.

You could have just said "there is no difference, it's just that it's fine when players do it to COME to us, but it's wrong when players do it who want to LEAVE us."

The Difference to me Fed Is LLalana is a seasoned pro heading towards the end of his career and probably seen what was very possibly his last chance to make a step up in his career (no disrespect to Southampton), Sterlings a kid at the beginning of his career giving it the Johnny Big Bollocks to the club who have made him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3006: Jul 08, 2015 12:04:55 am
      Just been on the bluemoon forum to see what their reactions are to Sterling refusing to go on tour. It seems they'll have any old f**ker at their club. Apparently they didn't react this negatively even when Tevez refused to play; I think you'll find you did you bunch of arrogant cu*ts!

One thing I will say though, there's apparently a couple of Liverpool fans that may have gotten hold of his number online and have been texting some stupid, childish sh*t to who they think is Raheem.

City fans make me angrier than the red sh*te lately. All this money and they still can't get passed the 2nd knockout round.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #3007: Jul 08, 2015 12:05:45 am
      The advice this lad has been getting from his penarse of an agent is ridiculous. Effectively doing all they can to make his position untenable (I think it has already reached that point now). Hope the club stand firm, £50 million not a penny less and the bid doesn't come in the player stays put. The kid doesn't respond to boos to well apparently but he had better get used to hearing them once a season when he is back at Anfield.

As for Lallana, yeah the Saints fans down here weren't too hot on His actions last summer in terms of trying to get the move to happen. I don't recall anything so blatant as refusing to go on tour though.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #3008: Jul 08, 2015 12:16:59 am
      Pissed off with everything to do with this lad, people can say he's been badly advised and he's young and impressionable all they like but it's a steaming pile of bullshit. I'm a year younger than him and I certainly wouldn't have let my agent shoot his mouth off in the press about the club that gave me a chance in the Premier League.

100,000 pounds every single week. Not enough for a 20 year old kid who let's face it was at most a 7/10 player over the course of last season? Load of bollocks.

Refusing to go on a pre-season tour with the club that pays his wages? Fine, let's not let him train for pre-season, see how he does at his new club at the start of the season then. He's only hurting himself yet again with his latest dickhead move. Why doesn't he just train with us, get ready for the new season and wait for City to pay his transfer fee rather than throwing his toys out of the pram yet again.

At this point all benefit of the doubt is out the F***ing window. This guy is either completely stupid or a pr**k.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3009: Jul 08, 2015 12:17:02 am
      The Difference to me Fed Is LLalana is a seasoned pro

When we signed Lallana he had only been playing in the Premier League for two seasons, having made 53 league appearances.

Sterling has already played in three seasons and played 77 league games.

Yet Lallana was a seasoned pro?

Sterling has far more experience as a professional at the top than Lallana did when we bought him---and he's seven years younger than him too!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,547 posts | 3475 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3010: Jul 08, 2015 12:33:02 am
      So sterling has done a ba baracus from the a team and said i ain't getting on no aeroplane, a trip over the Atlantic wearing an anchor seems a good idea to me
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #3011: Jul 08, 2015 02:00:21 am
      I hope his career sputters and fades. Nasty little sh*t.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 6434 
      Reply #3012: Jul 08, 2015 02:13:44 am
      New price for Sterling....60m. If not met before the plane lifts off, he's on it and he's playing. In fact, he can train by himself while on tour. Maybe he can clear his head that way and make the stupid thoughts go away.

Quick Reply