Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      61 (55%)
      Can
      5 (4.5%)
      Skrtel
      2 (1.8%)
      Sakho
      5 (4.5%)
      Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      12 (10.8%)
      Allen
      5 (4.5%)
      Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Lallana
      8 (7.2%)
      Sturridge
      7 (6.3%)
      Coutinho
      1 (0.9%)
      Balotelli
      4 (3.6%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Crystal Palace 1:2 Liverpool. In game and post match glow

Read 32915 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Crystal Palace 1:2 Liverpool. In game and post match glow.
      Reply #368: Feb 14, 2015 07:43:48 pm

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #369: Feb 14, 2015 07:44:37 pm
      Can't call him Dracula then can we !

Nah that was reserved for David James if I remember rightly! Migs is like a new player, fairplay to him.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #370: Feb 14, 2015 07:45:05 pm
      Well played lads, for some reason I didn't even doubt it when we were one -nil down , and I can't say I've always thought that this season!

Mignolet was quality, he could have gone either way after his dip in form but and has proved he has big balls. Well played mate!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #371: Feb 14, 2015 07:45:45 pm
      Nah that was reserved for David James if I remember rightly! Migs is like a new player, fairplay to him.

Such a confidence position Scott....right now he has loads of it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      Reply #372: Feb 14, 2015 07:46:54 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #373: Feb 14, 2015 07:48:15 pm
      Missed the match as stuck working but made up we won.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #374: Feb 14, 2015 07:48:51 pm
      Such a confidence position Scott....right now he has loads of it.

Certainly is, I have always felt the best keepers are the ones who can bounce back. A lot of keepers start well, are really solid but then have a wobble and never truly recover. They usually then end up moving to another club where they can (mentally) start a fresh and find their form again. It's a good sign to see Mignolet turn his season around the way he has.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Live: Crystal Palace V Liverpool (Fa Cup 5th Round)
      Reply #375: Feb 14, 2015 07:49:06 pm
      Totally agree. I was a bit worried/unconvinced at that 15 minute spell we had after we took the lead but then with Lovren and Lambert coming on we really just took the game away from Crystal Palace. That passage of play with 30 odd passes was serene. 2-1 is kind on Palace in all honesty. Delighted to see them sent out. We've come up against some right tw*ts in this FA Cup so far with actions of hacking and diving galore and yet we've proceeded - greatly deserved as well.

As for the ref - a shocker doesn't do it justice. Amateurish, perfunctory, insipid, weak willed - there are so many more words (indeed more of an extreme nature) that could cover that silly little man in black tonight.

True, we could have had more, and I was impressed because the lads knew when to push up on them and when to back off a bit.
      Despite a bit of a rocky spell we bossed that game.

I don't usually go after refs too much, but this is getting beyond a joke now.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #376: Feb 14, 2015 07:50:01 pm

Was well deserved mate, not sure how many shots we had in the game as a whole but at HT it was 17 with 71% possession!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Live: Crystal Palace V Liverpool (Fa Cup 5th Round)
      Reply #377: Feb 14, 2015 07:50:41 pm
      Really good performance from pretty much every player. Thought Studge's movement and goal was excellent. Defence, apart from that one error for the goal was solid, and the midfield looked assured. We look like a team playing with confidence.

My ratings

Migs- Excellent game. Looked solid, commanding in crosses and a couple of smart saves to save our skin. My MOTM. 9
      Can - Solid as ever and our most consistent player of the season. Not a foot wrong. 8
      Skrtl - Solid and apart from the mistake for the goal, he was excellent. 8
      Sakho - Good in defence but does need to get his feet sorted quicker sometimes. Good all round performance. 7
      Markovic - Was ok but not his best. Disappeared for long periods. 6
      Moreno - Was not getting enough service but my only criticism is that he needs to cross more. But liked his constant runs to provide width. 6
      Allen - Had a really good game, kept possession well and supplied Couts and Studge constantly. 7
      Hendo - Good captain's performance. Was everywhere. 7
      Couts - Wasn't his magical best but was a constant threat. Our most creative player, easily. 7
      Lallana - He was superb and I hope he starts more often. Constant runner off the ball and has some touches of class. Works well with Coutts. 8
      Studge - Great performance. He was constantly surrounded but his movement and quick feet was a menace. Excellent goal too. 8
      Balo - Played really well. He is moving so much more, and constantly pressing opposition. Good free kick too. 7
      Lambert - Didn't do all that much, but didn't exactly get the opportunities. Kept the ball well. 6
      Lovren - Seems to have got his head sorted and looks more comfortable. Didn't do anything wrong. 6

The referee - One of the worst referees I've ever seen in my 34 years and should just F**k off to work in Burger King. Total c**t

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #378: Feb 14, 2015 07:50:50 pm

Ahh! So we've found out the identity of the shark dancers. I'm guessing Moreno was left shark though...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #379: Feb 14, 2015 07:51:14 pm

:lmao:
      Moreno looks like one of the flowerpotmen  :lmao:
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #380: Feb 14, 2015 07:55:04 pm

Ahh! So we've found out the identity of the shark dancers. I'm guessing Moreno was left shark though...

Que?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #381: Feb 14, 2015 07:55:29 pm
      :lmao:
      Moreno looks like one of the flowerpotmen  :lmao:

Yeah but which one !
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      Reply #382: Feb 14, 2015 07:55:50 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31473657

Highlights.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #383: Feb 14, 2015 07:56:21 pm
      In the match thread, I criticized Allen in couple of my posts. This Should teach me to watch the whole game before starting bashing players.

Honestly thought that Allen had a good game, not because we won but his performance was solid. Kudos to him.

IL happily be proven wrong again, if that means off form players performing well.

Well in lad.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Re: Crystal Palace 1:2 Liverpool. In game and post match glow
      Reply #384: Feb 14, 2015 08:05:38 pm
      In the match thread, I criticized Allen in couple of my posts. This Should teach me to watch the whole game before starting bashing players.

Honestly thought that Allen had a good game, not because we won but his performance was solid. Kudos to him.

IL happily be proven wrong again, if that means off form players performing well.

Well in lad.

I agree, I thought he was decent tonight, was his usual hard-working self without the ball but I thought he was also very sharp in possession and positive with the ball
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #385: Feb 14, 2015 08:09:47 pm
      Didn't see a ball being kicked, but did see the score change from 1-0, to 1-2 which was a nice moment. Into the quarters. Well done all :)
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #386: Feb 14, 2015 08:11:42 pm
      Looking at it again on our second goal, Sturridge and Skrtel were making some space on the Palace's wall, and the moment Balo kicked it, they both made it blank so that the ball can go through to the goal, but Lallana was already making the run before... It's like he has already knew what to do..

That second goal, though a rebound it was, but looked really a planned one. Did they simulate it before on the training?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #387: Feb 14, 2015 08:14:13 pm
      It's always been the romantic notion of the FA cup. Romantic notion that Stevie lifts it on his Birthday and possible last game for this magnificent Club.

I'll call It Stevie's dream if I want, who are you to tell me otherwise?

Not having a go at you, it's just that type of label has now permeated to the media who are all going on about 'Gerrards Dream' which will only be a detriment to us.

And just get ready IF we get to the final for (a) a shitstorm from the media wondering why Gerrard isn't starting or (b) we lose the cup final after people call out the boss for sentimentality for playing Gerrard.

It needs to be a team focus, not Gerrard.

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #388: Feb 14, 2015 08:19:58 pm
      Looking at it again on our second goal, Sturridge and Skrtel were making some space on the Palace's wall, and the moment Balo kicked it, they both made it blank so that the ball can go through to the goal, but Lallana was already making the run before... It's like he has already knew what to do..

That second goal, though a rebound it was, but looked really a planned one. Did they simulate it before on the training?

I would be very surprised if they didn't. Low, hard free kicks almost never beat the keeper, but are very difficult to catch (as typically a hard free kick is pushed over the bar and firing low prevents that). Its a pretty standard set piece.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      Reply #389: Feb 14, 2015 08:22:24 pm

Superbowl half time show, Katy was the biz, the sharks were like fish out of water.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      Reply #390: Feb 14, 2015 08:29:43 pm
      Lallana

https://vine.co/v/OPTv0E1t6Yw

Really good goal this, 1st to the ball and placed it rather than hitting it.

Quick Reply