Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W7 D2 L0

LFC Foundation Game: Gerrard XI 2:2 Carragher XI

Read 51986 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: LFC Foundation Game: Gerrard XI 2:2 Carragher XI
      Reply #322: Mar 29, 2015 05:39:42 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      Reply #323: Mar 29, 2015 05:42:19 pm
      Just imagine what could have been!

Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,383 posts | 1024 
      Reply #324: Mar 29, 2015 05:56:13 pm
      What a tart!

It's a charity game, and people have paid money, some of them hoping he'd score in front of the Kop, and he does not want to embarrass himself? That boat sailed when he moved down south.

He probably thought people like you would never ever forgive him! It was a charity match for Gods sake, enjoy it for what it is.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #325: Mar 29, 2015 06:01:57 pm

*Sobs uncontrollably*
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,472 posts | 4593 
      Reply #326: Mar 29, 2015 06:13:41 pm

Should have been :(
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,219 posts | 4418 
      Reply #327: Mar 29, 2015 06:22:16 pm

Could and would have ruled Europe for years..........
      Redangel

• 8,383 posts | 1024 
      Reply #328: Mar 29, 2015 06:25:00 pm
      Could and would have ruled Europe for years..........

Hicks and Gillette have a lot to answer for. I do believe that life is too short to hold a grudge, but I make an exception for those two!

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,257 posts | 2856 
      Reply #329: Mar 29, 2015 06:46:47 pm
      He probably thought people like you would never ever forgive him! It was a charity match for Gods sake, enjoy it for what it is.

Did you read my post?
      What a tart!

It's a charity game, and people have paid money, some of them hoping he'd score in front of the Kop, and he does not want to embarrass himself? That boat sailed when he moved down south.

People went to see him score, and he, if reports are correct, chickened out, it's not about forgiveness.

And I'm sure he does not care what I or you even think, I called him a tart, not a judas or a tw*t or a chav loving b***ard, reel your neck in.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,496 posts | 233 
      Reply #330: Mar 29, 2015 06:48:36 pm
      Missed this game, is it going to be shown again on LFCTV?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #331: Mar 29, 2015 06:49:14 pm
      Did you read my post?
      People went to see him score, and he, if reports are correct, chickened out, it's not about forgiveness.

And I'm sure he does not care what I or you even think, I called him a tart, not a judas or a tw*t or a chav loving b***ard, reel your neck in.

Remember King Kenny doing that when everyone wanted him to take a penalty. Torres is a tart but this was Stevie's day and Stevie's penalty.

Other than that, who really cares? Its a none issue
      Redangel

• 8,383 posts | 1024 
      Reply #332: Mar 29, 2015 06:53:58 pm
      Did you read my post?

Exactly you called him a tart, not very complimentary, and I don't appreciate being told to wind my neck in. In MY opinion you were out of order, it is a discussion forum after all.
      Anyway I appreciated all those who took part, giving their time for a good cause, and I enjoyed every minute.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #333: Mar 29, 2015 07:13:12 pm
      Missed this game, is it going to be shown again on LFCTV?

Oh f**king not half. All 90 minutes about three times a day even when the TV guide says something else should be on.

Just got back from the game. Highlights were Luis Suarez getting to say goodbye and Torres after the Kop sang his song in the second half. The game was continuing and he was just walking backwards, hands above his head, clapping the Kop thanking them. You could tell it made it him very happy. Not surprised he didn't want to risk missing a pen in front of them. Very much doubt he wanted to ruin that memory considering he isn't a penalty taker.

Loads of other good stuff like Alonso's reception and John Terry having a bit of banter with the Kop after he got a cheer.

Great day and great first match for me lad to go to.
      Redangel

• 8,383 posts | 1024 
      Reply #334: Mar 29, 2015 07:19:14 pm
      Oh f**king not half. All 90 minutes about three times a day even when the TV guide says something else should be on.

Just got back from the game. Highlights were Luis Suarez getting to say goodbye and Torres after the Kop sang his song second half. The game was continuing and he was just walking backwards, hands above his head, clapping the Kop thanking them. You could tell it made it him very happy. Not surprised he didn't want to risk missing a pen in front of them. Very much doubt he wanted to ruin that memory considering he isn't a penalty taker.

Loads of other good stuff like Alonso's reception and John Terry having a bit of banter with the Kop after he got a cheer.

It sounds brilliant, I am so glad your lad got to see so many great players, what a story he can tell in years to come. Gutted I couldn't get a ticket, watching it on TV is never the same, but great to hear you enjoyed it and that you at least understand why Torres declined to take the penalty.
      I think for many of us it put some ghosts to rest, and I think a lot of us found it a very emotional day, I know I did.

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,496 posts | 233 
      Reply #335: Mar 29, 2015 07:21:35 pm

Just got back from the game. Highlights were Luis Suarez getting to say goodbye and Torres after the Kop sang his song in the second half. The game was continuing and he was just walking backwards, hands above his head, clapping the Kop thanking them. You could tell it made it him very happy. Not surprised he didn't want to risk missing a pen in front of them. Very much doubt he wanted to ruin that memory considering he isn't a penalty taker.

I mean I am subscribed on the website and not the tv channel. Will it still show?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      Reply #336: Mar 29, 2015 07:23:19 pm
      Other than that, who really cares? Its a none issue

Word.

It sounds brilliant, I am so glad your lad got to see so many great players, what a story he can tell in years to come.

He won't be able to tell anybody about 20 minutes of the first half when he fell asleep. Couldn't F***ing believe it. Very embarrassing. Tells you about the atmosphere I suppose.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #337: Mar 29, 2015 07:23:36 pm
      You could tell by the interview Torres was as emotional as hell does he regret leaving us you bet but today wasnt about egos it was about two club legends giving back , im glad the crowd sang his name and every other players song, today was a day to celebrate and no one celebrates like us, well done to all that played and all that went .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      Reply #338: Mar 29, 2015 07:23:54 pm
      I mean I am subscribed on the website and not the tv channel. Will it still show?

Really couldn't tell you mate.
      Redangel

• 8,383 posts | 1024 
      Reply #339: Mar 29, 2015 07:33:42 pm
      Word.

He won't be able to tell anybody about 20 minutes of the first half when he fell asleep. Couldn't f**king believe it. Very embarrassing. Tells you about the atmosphere I suppose.

He's a young 'un then, still you can fill in the gaps for him, and supplement his memories!
      It did seem very quiet first half, although someone posted that the stewards were too focussed on making everyone sit down, just as they were getting into the swing of things.

KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,185 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #340: Mar 29, 2015 07:53:11 pm

Xabi Alonso
      Día inolvidable. Unforgettable. ‪#‎YNWA‬

Pepe Reina
      THANKS to Liverpool!! You'll always have a piece of my heart... Proud to have represented you during 8 years! #YNWA

Luis Suarez
      Increíble volver a Anfield y hacerlo rodeado de tan grandes jugadores... Les dejo una foto con el más grande!!

Unbelievable to be back at Anfield and surrounded by great players... Here a picture with the greatest one!!

John Arne Riise
      What more can I say? So honored to be invited to participate in this amazing game with some world class players I'm a little guy from a small town in Norway kicking about with best players in the world

Álvaro Arbeloa
      Ha sido una experiencia increíble volver a reunirnos. ¡Qué recuerdos! Amazing reunion! How many great memories between us!
      #YNWA

Luis Garcia
      Thank you very much for this day. Great memories, great atmosphere, ANFIELD!!! #allstargame #legends #LFCFundation
      Gracias por este gran día. Grandes recuerdos, espectacular ambiente, Así es Anfield.

Dirk Kuyt
      Not able to play, but still great to be back at Anfield today .‪#‎LFCALLStars‬
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      Reply #341: Mar 29, 2015 08:04:29 pm
      That Fernando Torres bit......

Can somebody give me a cuddle?

F***ing choked man.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #342: Mar 29, 2015 08:07:29 pm
      Just got home from the game, had a fantastic time.  Some great songs sung and it was awesome seeing past players playing alongside some of our newest ones and the Academy lads.

Also great to finally meet MsGerrard (Cas) and LFCexciled (Ian), hope you both enjoyed the game.

Oops almost forgot the Boss JD, got to meet him too.  Hope you enjoyed it too mate  :gt-happyup:
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2015 09:14:56 pm by reddebs »
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #343: Mar 29, 2015 08:16:08 pm
      I missed this game
       Was looking forward to watch , but other important family things came up
       Hope Iwe have an opportunity to watch it , if it is transmitted again
       anyone knows a possible link to watch a replay of this?
      YNWA
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #344: Mar 29, 2015 08:25:49 pm
      I missed this game
       Was looking forward to watch , but other important family things came up
       Hope Iwe have an opportunity to watch it , if it is transmitted again
       anyone knows a possible link to watch a replay of this?
      YNWA

youtube.com/watch?v=hjJICryyIoE#ws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjJICryyIoE#ws (1st half)
      youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2QEpuReRE#ws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2QEpuReRE#ws (2nd half)

Can watch it there whilst it's still up :)

Quick Reply