Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      5 (11.4%)
      Kolo Toure
      3 (6.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      10 (22.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      3 (6.8%)
      Emre Can
      4 (9.1%)
      Joe Allen
      8 (18.2%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      9 (20.5%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Mario Balotelli
      2 (4.5%)
      Javi Manquillo
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Rickie Lambert
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: Mar 03, 2015 09:15:11 am

Besiktas 1-0 LFC (1-1 agg / 5-4 on pens): In game and Post Match Debate

Read 56017 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Re: Live: Besiktas V Liverpool
      Reply #805: Feb 26, 2015 09:07:45 pm
      Well that second half was a bit of a eye opener, back to our turgid displays from earlier in the season.

Once the Turks decided they would come out and play we had no answer and were comprehensively beaten up in midfield.
      The game showed why Can has a long way to go before he can be considered a starter in that position, he had no influence of control part from constantly giving the ball away. Oh boy we sorely missed Hendo out there tonight and for his control and esppecially energy something which Can needs improving.
      Emre was not helped by having minimal outlets mainly because Sturridge decided to turn into Balotelli tonight.

How many times did Raheem either give the ball away or was simply nudged off it tonight.

Terrible decision to remove Balotelli in effect losing our best penalty taker.

Rodgers again showed his lack of experience in Europe, which will come I suppose with time.

I'm not overly bothered we went out but the manner of defeat was hugely dissapointing, not one shot on target in the second half.
      Would been a huge task fighting on 3 fronts so we can concentrate on the league and FA Cup now.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #806: Feb 26, 2015 09:10:11 pm
      Brendan doesn't know how to manage 3 games in a week. I hope this won't be another Real Madrid type f**k up. I hope Coutinho and Hendo will deliver and we get the win against City.

Coutinho had started 19 consecutive matches. Henderson, who also has an ankle knock, had started 23 of 24 consecutive matches. They were due a break. Better vs Besiktas when we had a goal advantage than vs the defending champs.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #807: Feb 26, 2015 09:10:20 pm
      People not caring that we went out of this competition are doing my head in almost as much as the Rodgers hit squad. I'm out.

Have a good one everyone!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #808: Feb 26, 2015 09:10:24 pm
      Mignolet 8
      Lovren 6
      Skrtel 7
      Toure 7

Ibe 5
      Allen 6
      Sterling 2
      Can 6.5
      Moreno 6.5

Sturridge 3
      Balotelli 5.5

Lallana 5
      Lambert 6.5
      Manquillo 5
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #809: Feb 26, 2015 09:10:45 pm
      As you are not immune to complaining yourself PD. If you read my post I said I would not comment on the match as I had not seen it. You should put your spade away and stop your gutter sniping and sh*t stirring.

But mate, and I'm not after an argument here, you did say we should play our best 11 when the only two players not playing needed a rest (or a knock in Hendo's case). I don't get the logic. You don't need to have seen the game to understand why they didn't travel.

Back to the game, I actually thought moving Can into mid with Allen was a good move and we looked good in first half. Just cannot believe we let them dominate midfield in second half and waited until 70th min to bring Lallana on.

Having said that, Studge and  Sterling were poor. Besiktas wanted it more and deserved it tbh. So pissed off with the way we went out.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #810: Feb 26, 2015 09:11:11 pm

I truly thought Allen was one of our best players all night. Oh well.

Really? I thought he was terrible and I sh*t myself when he stood up to take a penalty, but scored with aplomb.

He was ok in the first half but was as sh*t as Stirling and Sturridge and a few other in that 2nd half.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #811: Feb 26, 2015 09:13:11 pm
      Mario wasn't supposed to come off. He was the one that was trying to keep the ball with and as playing better than Sturridge and Sterling.

By the way, Daniel was a shame today. Playing like it was friendly against a chinese team or something.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #812: Feb 26, 2015 09:13:37 pm
      Now we have to finish 4th or higher if we want to play in Europe next season. Going to be a tough ask starting with Citeh in less then 24 hours!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #813: Feb 26, 2015 09:13:43 pm
      Bloody hell!!

Wasn't expecting that when I got our of work.

Disappointing.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #814: Feb 26, 2015 09:14:00 pm
      We weren't going to win the Europa league because Rodgers hasn't the know-how so better to be out early than late.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #815: Feb 26, 2015 09:14:09 pm

I don't think he is good enough but at least Lovren stepped up to take one... Even if it was a sh*t pen.
      [/quote]

Not a man on the veil for Liverpool tonight, to let a player who is down take that crucial penalty speaks volumes
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #816: Feb 26, 2015 09:14:12 pm
      Now we have to finish 4th or higher if we want to play in Europe next season. Going to be a tough ask starting with Citeh in less then 24 hours!

Or win the FA Cup.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #817: Feb 26, 2015 09:14:37 pm
      If Brendan says the word outstanding in his post match presser, I'll go F***ing nuts!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #818: Feb 26, 2015 09:16:38 pm

I think we'd be starting with the reserves if the City game was in less than 24 hours mate. :D
      iamrafa
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      • Any chance of the old job back ?
      Reply #819: Feb 26, 2015 09:17:26 pm
      If Brendan says the word outstanding in his post match presser, I'll go f**king nuts!
      He said lovren was outstanding
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #820: Feb 26, 2015 09:17:51 pm

Sunday mate.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #821: Feb 26, 2015 09:17:53 pm
      Interesting how sh*te we do become in Europe. At least before Christmas we were sh*te in every game so it could be explained but now when our domestic form is improving we're still not making similar strides in Europe. We were one clumsy challenge away from a dull 0-0 in the first leg and obviously tonight we were absolutely terrible. Is it just Brendan's tactics? Can we not handle midweek games as well as other teams?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #822: Feb 26, 2015 09:20:50 pm
      The club should show Sterlings agent a copy of tonight's game next time they meet to discuss his contract.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #823: Feb 26, 2015 09:21:59 pm
      Just don't think Brendan, and half the team just don't know how to Kill off a game,or even operate over two legs.
      Time will tell
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 567 posts | 129 
      Reply #824: Feb 26, 2015 09:22:50 pm
      Why the f##k did Lovren go up for a pen before Sterling
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #825: Feb 26, 2015 09:22:51 pm
      Think we all knew we were heading home when Lovren stepped up but at least he had the bottle to take one unlike Sterling and Moreno.

Amazed we even got to penalties though. The last 75 minutes were as poor as anything we've produced under Brendan - the sole tactic of sitting back and hoofing it out was just f**king embarrassing. Real shame considering the first 45 minutes was a goal away from being the perfect away performance. Should have kept going like in the second half and surely we'd have nicked one. No response to the goal either, if anything we got worse and lost every 50-50 which was awful to see.

Not surprising overall though. Brendan doesn't really have a clue in Europe and he's not helped by having a squad  full of players who don't have a clue about European away games.

He had a few and fu**ed them off though.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #826: Feb 26, 2015 09:26:40 pm
      Henderson, Lucas and Coutinho were huge losses tonight they are our three best midfield players this season.
      iamrafa
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      • Any chance of the old job back ?
      Reply #827: Feb 26, 2015 09:28:14 pm
      Henderson, Lucas and Coutinho were huge losses tonight they are our three best midfield players this season.

We had no midfield tonight

Quick Reply