Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

The Jordan Henderson Contract Situation [Signed 23 April 2015]

Read 22087 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: The Henderson Contract Situation
      Reply #92: Apr 08, 2015 02:55:00 pm
      I don't think you are agreeing with me. I don't think Henderson is a poor player. I just don't think he's starting caliber for one of the top teams in the world.

Anyone who's not good enough for us is a poor player.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #93: Apr 08, 2015 03:19:05 pm
      Henderson has that amazing level of fitness but also, he is getting better every season, his technique - has become class and his shots are well more accurate and decisive, He's become that essential type of player any team would love to have.
      He will be wanted by teams we deem as great, we're the greatest team in my mind and he should stay with us and I'm sure fans love the turn around and constant dedication he has shown.
       If we lost him to another team, the impact would be more than some give him credit for.
      His hard work should be rewarded and I'm sure he knows he is loved here now.
      Some still think he isn't that high calibre of footballer, who is better doing what he does for our team, name players at other clubs please?
       I think he is and improving constantly.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #94: Apr 08, 2015 03:52:51 pm
      I cant see henderson going as he's going to be the captain for liverpool football club, yes he could go to another club and start handfull of games sit on the bench get paid more that we would pay him and add some medals to his empty cabinet but i dont belive that to be his nature. he seems like a down to earth lad who works had and wants to be rewarded for that work by being one of the 1st names on a team sheet which he is at LFC. City wouldnt pay what we would want for him which would be in excess of 30+mil but then again are we going to give him the going rate these days of around 120+mil only time will tell.
      one things for certain LFCs contract situation is becoming a public laughing stock with rumours of Flannaghan now turning down a new extension(if thats true) we are allowed to discuss it on Fans forums but players agents and players themselves should not be saying anything to the media about contracts EVER!!
      But i think Hendo will sign for sure
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,377 posts | 6403 
      Reply #95: Apr 08, 2015 03:56:15 pm
      I cant see henderson going as he's going to be the captain for liverpool football club

I highly doubt he's a shoe-in to be the next captain.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #96: Apr 08, 2015 03:57:10 pm

Me neither mate. 
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #97: Apr 08, 2015 04:01:10 pm
      dont ya reckon? who else would you put down as the captain, contenders i see in the team short and long term are
      Skrtel,
      Sakho
      Can
      Lucas

i dont see any other leaders out there so far.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #98: Apr 08, 2015 04:16:44 pm
      Wow, Sakho, cool he was captain at a young age, still he needs to become that guy at Liverpool. Skrtel Lucas may be gone soon... even if Skrtel stays he's too maverick to be captain, he's got enough on his plate being himself.
      Can- yes who knows, he looks an immense presence. Jordan is first choice in the next transitional period we have I reckon.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #99: Apr 08, 2015 05:16:41 pm

Thirded.

Even small things likr Brendan moving him to wing back suggests he's not his 'main man'.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #100: Apr 08, 2015 06:14:23 pm
      Thirded.

Even small things likr Brendan moving him to wing back suggests he's not his 'main man'.

I honestly think Brendan appointed him to learn off Stevie for a couple more years Si and now he's not going to get that apprenticeship I don't think he's anywhere near ready.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #101: Apr 08, 2015 06:22:12 pm
      dont ya reckon? who else would you put down as the captain, contenders i see in the team short and long term are
      Skrtel,
      Sakho
      Can
      Lucas

i dont see any other leaders out there so far.

I like hendo, i think he is a good player, and has the drive to be a great player for us.

But if i had to chose somebody else then Hendo to captain our team then it has to be Skrtel. I think he gets alot of stick, and some of it he deserves fully but with another great defender, Skrtel can be brilliant.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,377 posts | 6403 
      Reply #102: Apr 08, 2015 11:03:06 pm
      I like hendo, i think he is a good player, and has the drive to be a great player for us.

But if i had to chose somebody else then Hendo to captain our team then it has to be Skrtel. I think he gets alot of stick, and some of it he deserves fully but with another great defender, Skrtel can be brilliant.

Hendo keeps putting in these anonymous performances, he won't have to worry about the armband or about a pay raise.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,461 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #103: Apr 08, 2015 11:51:39 pm
      Needs saying that hendo was up all night as his missus was dropping a sprog, had no kip and then played tonight
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #104: Apr 09, 2015 06:39:47 am
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #105: Apr 09, 2015 08:06:52 am
      Congrats to Jordan and his Mrs on the safe delivery of their 2nd child.
      Clapeyron
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #106: Apr 09, 2015 06:56:07 pm
      To be honest, Hendo has nowhere to go except to stay. Top 4 (Utd. City Arsenal and Chelsea) has no interest in him. And in fact, he's not good enough for those teams. He won't success in La liga or bundesliga clearly. And he won't settle in mid-ranked teams in PL. So he has no where to go. He will sign it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #107: Apr 12, 2015 12:04:05 am
      Mirror reporting that Henderson set to sign new contract worth £100,000 :)

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Re: The Jordan Henderson Contract Situation
      Reply #108: Apr 14, 2015 02:27:46 pm
      I read somewher that he is about to sign a new one,any truth in that?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #109: Apr 14, 2015 02:32:26 pm
      Top 4 (Utd. City Arsenal and Chelsea) has no interest in him. And in fact, he's not good enough for those teams.

Really? He could easily play for any of those teams. He's been more productive than many of their players, and not all of them are really strong in the midfield area.

He won't success in La liga or bundesliga clearly.

And why is that again? I love the Bundesliga but don't overestimate it. Alexander Maier has scored what, 20 goals this season?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #110: Apr 14, 2015 04:52:32 pm
      will be signing a new deal soon, he wouldnt get a game for Arsenal or chelsea so no truth in any move or interest there. City on the other hand is the only real threat i can see as they will have a overall this summer due to by there new standard has been a poor season.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #111: Apr 16, 2015 01:11:03 am
      Thirded.

that was for one game because he (BR) thought that was the best way for the team to line up. i can't believe you're trying to make something of that. classic gossip mentality, trying to find stories.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #112: Apr 16, 2015 11:34:58 am
      that was for one game because he (BR) thought that was the best way for the team to line up. i can't believe you're trying to make something of that. classic gossip mentality, trying to find stories.

I've since 'revisited' that mate and I got it wrong. I want to see Hendo in CM and would rather other players were used at RWB.

For that game Brendan thought otherwise and I was talking out of my arse and over reacted.

We all do it and I'll always try and admit it when I think I got things wrong.
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2015 12:43:26 pm by srslfc »
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #113: Apr 16, 2015 12:42:12 pm
      he's got some stiff competition for best barnet now Can is in the squad
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #114: Apr 21, 2015 01:02:34 pm
      well looks like he's going to sign a new deal soon but i still think he needs an older wiser head next to him who can run the game. I hope he steps up and starts to boss games but at the moment i just dont see it he's the workhorse when we need a stallion.

Quick Reply