Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      29 (40.8%)
      Kolo Toure
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      11 (15.5%)
      Mamadou Sakho
      12 (16.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (2.8%)
      Lazar Markovic
      0 (0%)
      Joe Allen
      2 (2.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      5 (7%)
      Raheem Sterling
      7 (9.9%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Apr 08, 2015 02:47:13 pm

Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool: In game and post match debate

Read 52971 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Re: Arsenal 4-1 Liverpool: In game and post match debate
      Reply #575: Apr 04, 2015 03:42:53 pm
      Quote from dunlop liddell shankly link=topic=47551.msg1758306#msg1758306 date=1428157711

[b
      Allen[/b] - pains me. Just seeing him in a Liverpool shirt, hurts me. There's very few players who I actually never wanna see play for us again but Joe is in that category. Even some of the sh*t players we've had in the past, threw in well. Or looked as if they were giving it their all. Allen just does nothing for me. It's basically like playing with ten men when he's on. Can't pass, can't tackle, can't attack, can't defend. I don't know what he gives the team. Him and Lucas together is a F***ing sh*t central pairing.

Really F***ing hurting today. Ah well, I'm off out on the ale again tonight. Might not find the answers at the bottom of a glass but it might help forget, even if just momentarily, this performance.
      Carefull of that assessment of wee Joe mate I took some right sh*t off a  poster because I dared suggest hes sh*t well he was then and he is now agree with all you said mate hurting is right .
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Reply #576: Apr 04, 2015 03:43:35 pm
      I only disagree on one point, Moreno has been awful every time I have seen him.

I like Albert mate, think he has something about him. And we really felt his absence in the first half against Southampton, him coming on sured us up defensively that game. That's the mark of an important player, when you clearly miss them when they're not there.

Today though, he was useless. And as much as I do like him, I think he's always got a mistake in him. I can see why people wouldn't rate him but he's kinda my cult fave, same way I always had a soft spot for Biscan. They try if nothing else.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Reply #577: Apr 04, 2015 03:45:57 pm
      Carefull of that assessment of wee Joe mate I took some right sh*t off a  poster because I dared suggest hes sh*t well he was then and he is now agree with all you said mate hurting is right .

I say it as I see it mate, against City I praised Allen as highly as anybody. But one good game in three years, isn't enough.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #578: Apr 04, 2015 03:48:01 pm
      Unfortunately (as I see it), the majority of our squad is made up of average players who have good games now and again. The real problem for me though, is under FSG, we will not pay the money required for the great players who have average games now and again, but will also have the odd brilliant game now and again. Ok so some players (like Torres and Suarez) just want to move on, but surely when they do, you have to do everything you can to replace them with the next best thing. So we lose Suarez to Barcelona, and then go out and buy Lambert of Southampton? Balotelli was a last gasp panic purchase and a gamble that has not (yet) paid off.

I think a squad made up with a majority of average players (as ours currently is) who have good games now and again, will cost you in a marathon 38 game season because they'll ultimately get found out. Whereas great players who have average games now and again (but by the same token, will also have brilliant games now and again), will always have that touch of genuine class to dig you out of a hole. Over a season. As an example (and I hate to use this), Di Maria has been poor most of the season, and Mata can't get even get in the scum side, yet two weeks ago Di Maria produced a great deft chip over our defenders' heads in a confined space, and Mata scored with a great volleyed bicycle kick. Cream always rises to the top. Compare that with Markovic today and his over hit pass to Sterling. I know things are not as easy as that, as black and white as that, but it serves as an example of what I am trying to say.

All that said, I really don't think we are that far away from seriously challenging for titles every season (the trouble is FSG won't pay what's required). But our last world class player has now gone, and even when Luis was here, we were saying we needed another 2 or 3 world class players for a genuine sustained title push. We've gone backwards.

It doesn't matter who you have picking the team either, becuase if FSG don't back the manager with real money, you can forget winning titles. The saying goes, 'if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.' You either have to be very lucky in the transfer market or have a brilliant youth set up. Usually you need both.

And this issue will only escalate, as we continue to release great players but replace them with potential and average players at best. Who is our big name player for attracting the big name players next season? Coutinho, Sturridge, Henderson? Allen? Sterling? Anyone think we'll see Khedira of Real Madrid (out of contract) playing for us next season?

The Gerrard LFC team of last Sunday (Torres, Suarez, Alonso, Garcia, Reina, Riise) would have battered the team that played Arsenal today. Would Kelly have been any worse than Toure today? Would Shelvey have been any worse than Allen today?

Also, it's the screw ups at board room level that have really cost us in the long run as well. When Suarez left, we should have gone for a £50m+ striker to replace him. Instead, for whatever reason, we went out and frittered all of the money amongst potential and average players at best. Not to worry though, because Danny Ings is being lined up. /sarcasm off

I was going to say that the next transfer window for FSG is their biggest so far, but I realise I've been saying that since they got here. So if (and that's a mighty big 'if') we ever win the title under FSG, it will be despite them being in charge and not because they are in charge.

Our trouble is confounded in that we don't even know who to point the finger at for our transfer dealings. Henry, Ayres, Gaffer, Werner?

So it is I don't think we will ever win the title under FSG. The last nail in the coffin was not selling Suarez, but not replacing him. It's been my fear ever since we sold him that we'd go backwards, and I think we have. We were never as poor as our start to this season suggested, and we were never as good as our mid season unbeaten run suggested

Like all things average, we are somewhere in the middle.

If this post sounds like it is a knee jerk reaction (Swansea away, scum at home, Arsenal away, our start this season), I'd have to disagree. I'm old enough to know when my emotions are getting in the way of my objective thinking. Or if it sounds like I'm jumping on a doom and gloom bandwagon, I'm not. I've always had this gut feeling that we've been punching above our weight, that we look a bit lacking in genuine ability on the park. I even had this feeling when we were pushing for first with Suarez. All today's hammering did, was confirm my worst fears; I don't think we'll ever win the title under FSG.

For me, after bringing in so many players last transfer window, I can only hope that the next transfer window is where they spend good cash or one or two players.

I won't be holding my breath though.
      « Last Edit: Apr 04, 2015 05:37:05 pm by Rush »
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #579: Apr 04, 2015 03:54:29 pm
      And who would you replace Rodgers with?

Where did I say I would replace him?

He needs to get a reality check and realise that he isn't a genius. A bit more humility would be a start.

Two bad decisions over the last two games have cost us dearly.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #580: Apr 04, 2015 03:57:29 pm

He needs to get a reality check and realise that he isn't a genius. A bit more humility would be a start.

Two bad decisions over the last two games have cost us dearly.
      I think that had more to do with the utter dire performances 95% of the players served up.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #581: Apr 04, 2015 03:57:44 pm
      Well that was f**king painful. Too many average players out there in a Liverpool shirt today. Even our "star" players looked below average today. Nobody, with the exception of Mignolet, played well. Also disappointed with Rodgers in starting Markovic, not bringing Brannagan on when the game had gone (perfect opportunity to give the lad a good half hour), keeping that shambolic pair in the middle of the park all f**king game and generally it was just a f**king shocking day. But, no matter how many times Liverpool put us through this, we'll still love them.

Mignolet - had a good game, made two top class saves in the first five minutes and then another in the second half from Giroud's header. I'd say he was at fault for the second goal, from a free kick if it goes in on the keeper's side, then it's the keeper's fault. Didn't need to make the movement the other way, he has to trust the wall to block it. Apart from that though, he was sound. Clearly our best player and that's saying a lot when you concede three.

Can - couple of good runs in the second and kept Sanchez (one overrated c**t and how he got man of the match is beyond me) quiet for most of the game. But lost his head for the first booking, it was his attitude that got him that yellow. And the second, he does slip but he also dives in somewhat. Unneeded challenge to make, showed a lack of discipline today. Last thing we needed with Skrtel already being suspended was another defended picking up a red.

Toure - was a f**king liability all game. His passing was woeful, I don't think he won a single header (did he even jump for any?) and was all over the place. One clearance in the opening five minutes, which wouldn't of had to be made if he didn't give a f**king suicide pass in the first place. It makes me wonder is Lovren really that bad if Brendan would rather have Toure in the side. With Can's suspension along with Skrtel, it looks as if old Kolo will keep his place (unless he goes with Lovren and goes back to flat back four)

Sakho - weren't much better than Toure. Constantly out of position, few sloppy passes, can't help himself with the backheels either can he? But at least he did win the odd header. If this is how he performs without Skrtel beside him, I'm worried. Was nowhere to be found for the fourth goal, just kicked Ozil which led to the second, out of position on the first. Poor performance.

Henderson - led from the front today, maybe that's why the entire side was sh*t because the captain was f**king useless today. How many times do we have to see him on the right wing for Brendan to realise he doesn't perform out there? It didn't work when Kenny played him there, it hasn't worked when Brendan has played him there. The penalty was one of the worst I've seen truth be told, Ospina dived over the top of it. His performance summed up the team's.

Lucas - was back to his woeful worst. Totally off the pace, sh*t passing, missing constant tackles, failing to track runners, everything his "role" is meant to be about, he failed at today. Of course I'm expecting the usual "he's just come back from injury" to excuse his performance. He was sh*t though. Needs to be said.

Allen - pains me. Just seeing him in a Liverpool shirt, hurts me. There's very few players who I actually never wanna see play for us again but Joe is in that category. Even some of the sh*t players we've had in the past, threw in well. Or looked as if they were giving it their all. Allen just does nothing for me. It's basically like playing with ten men when he's on. Can't pass, can't tackle, can't attack, can't defend. I don't know what he gives the team. Him and Lucas together is a f**king sh*t central pairing.

Moreno - put in one of the worst performances of the season today. Was constantly out of position. Hasn't got a right foot to his name. I've constantly praised Albert for being the unsung hero of this team but today he was sh*te. And I say it how I see it. At the end of the day, he's a left back so I'm going to judge him on his defensive work much more than his attacking. And his defending today was not up to scratch.

Markovic - is a waste of 20 million with no f**king bollocks. One on one with the keeper, just f**king put the ball in the net. If he passes it right, Sterling scores. But at the end of the day, he should of shot. Take responsibility yourself. Have a pair of f**king balls. Someone on here questioned me for criticising him when he was playing as the right wing-back, saying it weren't his position. His position is in behind the front man apparently. Well he "played" there today and was still f**king sh*te. He'll be loaned out in the summer, never to be seen again.

Coutinho - was yet again frustrating. He's got all the talent in the world but he's far too inconsistent to ever become world class. Before he signed the new deal, he was the best player in the League, since signing the new deal he's done very little. I'm not expecting world class performances every single game but f**k me he has to do more than he has in the last few games.

Sterling - wants a new contract with astronomical wages, well he wants to f**king perform like he deserves it. He wants to play through the middle, why when he isn't good enough as a centre forward? He's better out wide, as shown in the second half or playing beside Coutinho behind a genuine forward. Up top on his own, he's sh*t and wasted. Also before the match Rodgers was talking about how Raheem presses the defenders, well I saw f**k all of that today either. He's nowhere near a contract of 100 grand a week right now. Stop f**king crying about it lad and prove you deserve it on the pitch.

Sturridge - was once again a greedy b***ard that wasted a lot of our chances when he came on. If anybody's seen Escape to Victory when Pele grabs the chalk off Michael Caine while discussing tactics and says, just give him the ball and he'll do this, do that, do this, do that, goal. Well that's the tactic I think Sturridge is working off at times. F***ing piss poor today.

Last year we looked like a team. Everybody worked well with each other. Constant passing, interchanging and just everything looked right. This year, we look more like a bunch of individuals, especially in an attacking sense.

Really f**king hurting today. Ah well, I'm off out on the ale again tonight. Might not find the answers at the bottom of a glass but it might help forget, even if just momentarily, this performance.

apart from that were you happy with the performance?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #582: Apr 04, 2015 03:59:20 pm
      I say it as I see it mate, against City I praised Allen as highly as anybody. But one good game in three years, isn't enough.
      Trouble is mate barring Stevie our midfield has been lightweight for far too long .
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1647 
      Reply #583: Apr 04, 2015 04:01:01 pm
      Such a depressing performance, compounded by the fact that we didn't look like had any answer whatsoever to them.

I looked at that team today and it just screamed average, all over the park, none more so than midfield with Lucas and Allen, the latter of which I hope never plays for us again.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #584: Apr 04, 2015 04:01:24 pm

You said if we have a defensive coach he should be given his P45.

Rodgers is our defensive coach.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #585: Apr 04, 2015 04:19:25 pm
      Didn't see the game, was travelling back to Ireland. I hear Hendo was wide right again? And Toure played? Someone needs to be shot for that.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #586: Apr 04, 2015 04:23:09 pm
      Didn't see the game, was travelling back to Ireland. I hear Hendo was wide right again? And Toure played? Someone needs to be shot for that.

Yeah, Henderson started at RWB and was ineffective. In the second half, he moved into midfield and was ineffective.

Toure started ahead of Lovren. I'd have gone for Lovren personally, but pick your poison.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #587: Apr 04, 2015 04:25:40 pm
      Well that was f**king painful. Too many average players out there in a Liverpool shirt today. Even our "star" players looked below average today. Nobody, with the exception of Mignolet, played well. Also disappointed with Rodgers in starting Markovic, not bringing Brannagan on when the game had gone (perfect opportunity to give the lad a good half hour), keeping that shambolic pair in the middle of the park all f**king game and generally it was just a f**king shocking day. But, no matter how many times Liverpool put us through this, we'll still love them.

Mignolet - had a good game, made two top class saves in the first five minutes and then another in the second half from Giroud's header. I'd say he was at fault for the second goal, from a free kick if it goes in on the keeper's side, then it's the keeper's fault. Didn't need to make the movement the other way, he has to trust the wall to block it. Apart from that though, he was sound. Clearly our best player and that's saying a lot when you concede three.

Can - couple of good runs in the second and kept Sanchez (one overrated c**t and how he got man of the match is beyond me) quiet for most of the game. But lost his head for the first booking, it was his attitude that got him that yellow. And the second, he does slip but he also dives in somewhat. Unneeded challenge to make, showed a lack of discipline today. Last thing we needed with Skrtel already being suspended was another defended picking up a red.

Toure - was a f**king liability all game. His passing was woeful, I don't think he won a single header (did he even jump for any?) and was all over the place. One clearance in the opening five minutes, which wouldn't of had to be made if he didn't give a f**king suicide pass in the first place. It makes me wonder is Lovren really that bad if Brendan would rather have Toure in the side. With Can's suspension along with Skrtel, it looks as if old Kolo will keep his place (unless he goes with Lovren and goes back to flat back four)

Sakho - weren't much better than Toure. Constantly out of position, few sloppy passes, can't help himself with the backheels either can he? But at least he did win the odd header. If this is how he performs without Skrtel beside him, I'm worried. Was nowhere to be found for the fourth goal, just kicked Ozil which led to the second, out of position on the first. Poor performance.

Henderson - led from the front today, maybe that's why the entire side was sh*t because the captain was f**king useless today. How many times do we have to see him on the right wing for Brendan to realise he doesn't perform out there? It didn't work when Kenny played him there, it hasn't worked when Brendan has played him there. The penalty was one of the worst I've seen truth be told, Ospina dived over the top of it. His performance summed up the team's.

Lucas - was back to his woeful worst. Totally off the pace, sh*t passing, missing constant tackles, failing to track runners, everything his "role" is meant to be about, he failed at today. Of course I'm expecting the usual "he's just come back from injury" to excuse his performance. He was sh*t though. Needs to be said.

Allen - pains me. Just seeing him in a Liverpool shirt, hurts me. There's very few players who I actually never wanna see play for us again but Joe is in that category. Even some of the sh*t players we've had in the past, threw in well. Or looked as if they were giving it their all. Allen just does nothing for me. It's basically like playing with ten men when he's on. Can't pass, can't tackle, can't attack, can't defend. I don't know what he gives the team. Him and Lucas together is a f**king sh*t central pairing.

Moreno - put in one of the worst performances of the season today. Was constantly out of position. Hasn't got a right foot to his name. I've constantly praised Albert for being the unsung hero of this team but today he was sh*te. And I say it how I see it. At the end of the day, he's a left back so I'm going to judge him on his defensive work much more than his attacking. And his defending today was not up to scratch.

Markovic - is a waste of 20 million with no f**king bollocks. One on one with the keeper, just f**king put the ball in the net. If he passes it right, Sterling scores. But at the end of the day, he should of shot. Take responsibility yourself. Have a pair of f**king balls. Someone on here questioned me for criticising him when he was playing as the right wing-back, saying it weren't his position. His position is in behind the front man apparently. Well he "played" there today and was still f**king sh*te. He'll be loaned out in the summer, never to be seen again.

Coutinho - was yet again frustrating. He's got all the talent in the world but he's far too inconsistent to ever become world class. Before he signed the new deal, he was the best player in the League, since signing the new deal he's done very little. I'm not expecting world class performances every single game but f**k me he has to do more than he has in the last few games.

Sterling - wants a new contract with astronomical wages, well he wants to f**king perform like he deserves it. He wants to play through the middle, why when he isn't good enough as a centre forward? He's better out wide, as shown in the second half or playing beside Coutinho behind a genuine forward. Up top on his own, he's sh*t and wasted. Also before the match Rodgers was talking about how Raheem presses the defenders, well I saw f**k all of that today either. He's nowhere near a contract of 100 grand a week right now. Stop f**king crying about it lad and prove you deserve it on the pitch.

Sturridge - was once again a greedy b***ard that wasted a lot of our chances when he came on. If anybody's seen Escape to Victory when Pele grabs the chalk off Michael Caine while discussing tactics and says, just give him the ball and he'll do this, do that, do this, do that, goal. Well that's the tactic I think Sturridge is working off at times. F***ing piss poor today.

Last year we looked like a team. Everybody worked well with each other. Constant passing, interchanging and just everything looked right. This year, we look more like a bunch of individuals, especially in an attacking sense.

Really f**king hurting today. Ah well, I'm off out on the ale again tonight. Might not find the answers at the bottom of a glass but it might help forget, even if just momentarily, this performance.

I agree with most of this save two points. First Moreno is awful every time I see him. He cannot defend and lately he cannot attack. He's just a woeful buy. The other is Henderson being Captain. He makes a fine Vice Captain or in charge against the lesser teams, but he is just not a big game Captain. He just lacks the ability to lift the team like Gerrard so often has in his career. Suffice to say, we have an awful lot of work to do in the Summer. I won't be holding my breath on it being successful though.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #588: Apr 04, 2015 04:26:58 pm
      God you're a lucky bugger it was painfull and thats being kind .
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #589: Apr 04, 2015 04:59:40 pm

I understood that the first team coach was Mike Marsh. If they haven't got a defence coach then the buck stops at Marsh.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #590: Apr 04, 2015 05:24:12 pm
      Oh dear, where do we start?

Ever since that defeat against the Scum at Old Toilet just before Christmas and we went on that run, everywhere i looked there were reports and blogs praising this side to the hilt. Right up until the reverse fixture a week last Sunday at Anfield i was never convinced that we had turned the corner. Yes, we had beaten City and got a good win away at Southampton but we never really played any quality teams. City are terrible on the road and the win was more to do with the laziness of Yaya Toure than anything else.

Then the Scum rolled up and dominated us, they showed fight, passion, determination and desire, we did not. I look around and i am genuinely fearful that once Gerrard is gone we will lose that factor of intimidation. We do not possess any players in this current Squad that can lift the side out of a lull or fire up the lads. If i'm looking around, the only player i've seen with that drive and passion is Emre Can. He has done a brilliant job of filling in at right centre back but i fear he is being wasted. We've all seen on numerous occasions how comfortable he is with the ball at feet yet we persist with Joe Allen and even Markovic today, something is wrong.

I've read a lot of posts on here since we signed Allen, posts praising him and his pass percentage stats. It seems they are watching a different player to me. I've taken a lot of stick off posters on here for my derision of him but i stand by what i say, he is absolutely sh*te. He is like a little boy on the pitch, gets bullied off the ball, gives the ball away too often and always passes players he is tracking on to somebody else. Watch the Arsenal game again and you'll see exactly what i mean.

When we have the ball he stays within the lines instead of between the lines, therefore offering no chance of receiving the ball or relieving pressure for the player in possession of the ball. When players run past him he makes no effort to track them, his awareness is terrible and i am really struggling to credit him for anything. I hardly call hitting successful 2 yard passes a quality myself. He never looks behind him to see if there's a threat and he'll run in to challenge for a ball when there are already three players around the opponent. Don't believe me? Watch the game and you'll see it all laid bare. He's been doing this since we signed him.

Another thing that makes me laugh is the constant sh*te that has been thrown at Gerrard, people saying we don't need him anymore. Well F**k me, if he had been in that midfield today he would have made a difference. Once Gerrard goes i fear for this team. We are certainly not going to attract top players with us almost certainly being out of the Champions League now.

I have credited Brendan for chucking the extra centre half in to the back three / five but it was hardly a tactical master class. An extra man is masking the problem, not fixing it. While it has been working pretty successfully lately it was cruelly exposed today by a good side. Why the F**k he went for Toure i do not know?, he hadn't played for three months and Arsenal had a full strength side out. It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd put him as right or left sided centre back but to put him in the heart of that back three was suicide.

Lucas was sh*te but in all fairness he was coming back from injury and was nowhere near ready for a big game like this. He should have played Lovren with Sakho and Toure and pushed Can into midfield or right wing back so we could have left Henderson in the middle of the park where he would have added steel and energy. How anyone can think that Allen and Lucas was going to work beggars belief.

We missed Skrtel big time today, which was all the more worrying how Rodgers thought Toure could step in and fill the void. Coutinho was ineffective because he received no service, there was no central outlet and it showed. As for Sterling, i don't really blame him. The lad knows things that we don't and maybe he just wants out and can see things that we as supporters don't. The speech about wanting to win trophies is very Torres-esque and it sounds like he wants away to me.

Mignolet, despite a few great saves was at fault for the Ozil free kick and should never have been beaten by the Sanchez strike. Moreno was shocking and i hope he gets a good F***ing for putting his hands behind his back for the first goal, what the F**k was he thinking? Taking away all his balancing ability and his ability to move. Totally stupid.

Markovic just seems to be a complete bell end. When he first signed for us i read an interview about how he was going to take the Premier League by storm. The only thing he has been taking is Liverpool Football Club for mugs.

Very disappointed today, bullied by an Arsenal midfield. How often do you hear those words in the same sentence?
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #591: Apr 04, 2015 05:27:08 pm
      Sterling was with Moreno the worst player on the pitch . Absolutely shocking and he wants more than 100K a week :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #592: Apr 04, 2015 05:33:41 pm
      Our top four quest died when we lost to Man U. Now we've lost Can as well.

Gloomy days ahead, but we still have Lovren to cover for Can.

The manager needs to stop over tweaking and play Hendo in the middle.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #593: Apr 04, 2015 05:37:21 pm
      Our top four quest died when we lost to Man U. Now we've lost Can as well.

Gloomy days ahead, but we still have Lovren to cover for Can.

The manager needs to stop over tweaking and play Hendo in the middle.

Can only misses one game and that's the FA Cup game. You make it sound like he's out for a full season.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #594: Apr 04, 2015 05:40:51 pm
      Well that was a shocking result. I missed the first half but as soon as I saw Toure at the back and Hendo at RWB it was always going to end in tears.

Our midfield in comparison to Arsenal is elite level v pub team and that was the major difference today.

Oh well we can now concentrate on winning something at least rather than the mythical Top 4 trophy.........
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #595: Apr 04, 2015 05:43:57 pm
      When I saw the players I was happy with the line up but didn't realise Brendan started Hendo at RWB.

I thought those days of shifting him about were gone.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #596: Apr 04, 2015 05:46:31 pm
      I just want to know...

How the F**k can you spend sooo much money on players and have half of the ones you buy not playing and most of the others you bought playing out of position.

And not just a little out of position we are talking forward attacking players at wing back, centre mids at wing back and centre back and wingers up front?

You'd assume the amount of players we've bought and money  we've spent that we would have enough players to fill the correct positions.

We've got half a squad out on loan who could come in and do a job equal to the sh*t some of our current squad are serving up.

It's a F***ing joke!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      Reply #597: Apr 04, 2015 05:47:42 pm
      Oh dear, where do we start?

Ever since that defeat against the Scum at Old Toilet just before Christmas and we went on that run, everywhere i looked there were reports and blogs praising this side to the hilt. Right up until the reverse fixture a week last Sunday at Anfield i was never convinced that we had turned the corner. Yes, we had beaten City and got a good win away at Southampton but we never really played any quality teams. City are terrible on the road and the win was more to do with the laziness of Yaya Toure than anything else.

Then the Scum rolled up and dominated us, they showed fight, passion, determination and desire, we did not. I look around and i am genuinely fearful that once Gerrard is gone we will lose that factor of intimidation. We do not possess any players in this current Squad that can lift the side out of a lull or fire up the lads. If i'm looking around, the only player i've seen with that drive and passion is Emre Can. He has done a brilliant job of filling in at right centre back but i fear he is being wasted. We've all seen on numerous occasions how comfortable he is with the ball at feet yet we persist with Joe Allen and even Markovic today, something is wrong.

I've read a lot of posts on here since we signed Allen, posts praising him and his pass percentage stats. It seems they are watching a different player to me. I've taken a lot of stick off posters on here for my derision of him but i stand by what i say, he is absolutely sh*te. He is like a little boy on the pitch, gets bullied off the ball, gives the ball away too often and always passes players he is tracking on to somebody else. Watch the Arsenal game again and you'll see exactly what i mean.

When we have the ball he stays within the lines instead of between the lines, therefore offering no chance of receiving the ball or relieving pressure for the player in possession of the ball. When players run past him he makes no effort to track them, his awareness is terrible and i am really struggling to credit him for anything. I hardly call hitting successful 2 yard passes a quality myself. He never looks behind him to see if there's a threat and he'll run in to challenge for a ball when there are already three players around the opponent. Don't believe me? Watch the game and you'll see it all laid bare. He's been doing this since we signed him.

Another thing that makes me laugh is the constant sh*te that has been thrown at Gerrard, people saying we don't need him anymore. Well F**k me, if he had been in that midfield today he would have made a difference. Once Gerrard goes i fear for this team. We are certainly not going to attract top players with us almost certainly being out of the Champions League now.

I have credited Brendan for chucking the extra centre half in to the back three / five but it was hardly a tactical master class. An extra man is masking the problem, not fixing it. While it has been working pretty successfully lately it was cruelly exposed today by a good side. Why the F**k he went for Toure i do not know?, he hadn't played for three months and Arsenal had a full strength side out. It wouldn't have been so bad if he'd put him as right or left sided centre back but to put him in the heart of that back three was suicide.

Lucas was sh*te but in all fairness he was coming back from injury and was nowhere near ready for a big game like this. He should have played Lovren with Sakho and Toure and pushed Can into midfield or right wing back so we could have left Henderson in the middle of the park where he would have added steel and energy. How anyone can think that Allen and Lucas was going to work beggars belief.

We missed Skrtel big time today, which was all the more worrying how Rodgers thought Toure could step in and fill the void. Coutinho was ineffective because he received no service, there was no central outlet and it showed. As for Sterling, i don't really blame him. The lad knows things that we don't and maybe he just wants out and can see things that we as supporters don't. The speech about wanting to win trophies is very Torres-esque and it sounds like he wants away to me.

Mignolet, despite a few great saves was at fault for the Ozil free kick and should never have been beaten by the Sanchez strike. Moreno was shocking and i hope he gets a good F***ing for putting his hands behind his back for the first goal, what the F**k was he thinking? Taking away all his balancing ability and his ability to move. Totally stupid.

Markovic just seems to be a complete bell end. When he first signed for us i read an interview about how he was going to take the Premier League by storm. The only thing he has been taking is Liverpool Football Club for mugs.

Very disappointed today, bullied by an Arsenal midfield. How often do you hear those words in the same sentence?

100% agree with everything you posted.

I'd also add that I'm starting to get mightily irritated with the Gaffer continually screwing up our midfield. Lovren at right centre back and Can in the middle with Joe Allen on the bench. Allen OR Lucas, but not both. How difficult is that to understand? And never ever play Henderson at RWB. I don't give a sh*t who he puts there, but no more Henderson. The only player with the engine and bite to stall their build up in midfield was a spare wheel on the wides for most of the match.

Moreno, Markovic and Sterling should hang their heads in shame, or more to the point, hand their boots up and be done with it all (and take Kolo with them).

Also, £100k for Sterling? My arse! If FSG do that then I lose all faith in them. Refusal to bring in genuine big hitters and yet paying out £100k a week for one of the most inept attackers I've seen in a Liverpool shirt for a long time (going by this season). It's unfathomable.

I think FSG are as bad as Gillette and Hicks; they're just a lot more sly about what they do. Or don't do.

Quick Reply