Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon)

Read 52611 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon)
      Reply #230: Jul 16, 2015 09:41:40 am
      Suarez is a striker who can drop all over the place but ultimately he is a striker who scores goals - Barce started playing him out wide at first but then he came alive over there when they moved him through the middle to play as the main striker with Messi and Neymar in the wider areas.

Suarez learned his trade long before coming to England or Barca playing in the attacking midfield positions, same as Lacazette who it appears has also come alive playing as more central forward, just like Suarez.

Benteke doesnt just sit in the middle as well - he has the same sort of movement as we get from Sturridge - he roams all across the forward line creating space and running the channels. Benteke also does in the prem what we lacked - scores goals in the prem - he scores goals - it cant be any simpler than that - we need a striker to score goals - we have plenty of players who can play in a versatile role what we dont have is a central striker to score goals.

I haven't said he doesn't do any of that.

How ever Benteke scores goals in an Aston Villa side that is set up to play to his strengths, a side who's footballing philosophy is a million miles away from ours, what makes you think Benteke can walk straight into our side and score goals ?

This the same player who was took away from a team playing to his strengths, dropped into the national team, where his manager called him a pole for being too static.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #231: Jul 16, 2015 09:50:48 am
      No its not, Surez was a versatile player, played in a variety of attacking midfield positions before being used in a Forward role, much the same as Lacazette.

I couldn't give a f**k about Football Manager, I'm 37 year old, I'm looking at the philosophy we have tried to employ over the last 3 seasons and making a case that Lacazette is better suited as a forward within that philosophy.

you are not the only one, seen alot of posters here that agree with you, me included that Lacazette is better suited to our playing style then Benteke. I personally see Benteke is a good striker but i dont want us to change our team and playing style just to fit one player in. That would be like throwing three years of work down the drain.
      RedJock
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | 40 
      Reply #232: Jul 16, 2015 09:52:35 am
      Suarez learned his trade long before coming to England or Barca playing in the attacking midfield positions, same as Lacazette who it appears has also come alive playing as more central forward, just like Suarez.

I haven't said he doesn't do any of that.

How ever Benteke scores goals in an Aston Villa side that is set up to play to his strengths, a side who's footballing philosophy is a million miles away from ours, what makes you think Benteke can walk straight into our side and score goals ?

This the same player who was took away from a team playing to his strengths, dropped into the national team, where his manager called him a pole for being too static.

Because Benteke has more to his game than the way Villa set up - Villa set up the way to suit all the players - when Benteke was out and they had Agbonlahor up front they still played the same way

Judging Benteke based on one comment from Belgium seems a bit clutching when the same manager had no issues with him being the number one striker for the years before that when Belguim had their rise up the rankings as opposed to one bad game.

How many times have you actually watched Lacazette play as well ?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #233: Jul 16, 2015 10:13:01 am
      How many times have you actually watched Lacazette play as well ?

Enough to form the opinion that he'd be a better fit within our attacking unit than Benteke.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #234: Jul 17, 2015 10:53:40 am
      Enough to form the opinion that he'd be a better fit within our attacking unit than Benteke.

He would, and I would prefer him, but I think he has already stated he is staying put this year.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #235: Jul 17, 2015 07:47:03 pm
      Enough enough !!! Let's just get them both !
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #236: Jul 17, 2015 10:04:32 pm

I like the way you think
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #237: Jul 18, 2015 01:23:40 am

Get this man a job.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #238: Jul 20, 2015 07:29:40 am
      I think it will be a good thing for us if he stays and establish his credentials as a proven goal scorer for the second season running. Then we, backed with CL football can hopefully lure him to Anfield if he keeps on plundering them.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #239: Jul 20, 2015 07:48:08 am
      It's not all that bad this season, at least FSG got Benteke to get us more goals, which I'd prefer Lacazete more, instead of procrastinating to the last minute and bought a "Mr. Don't Know What Name" for an inflated price as a last minute panic buy. This is a good fresh start but we have to start looking at off loading some dead woods. Next season we continue to build on what we already have, it's not possible to expect us to shop everything that we need in this window. Hopefully, BR knows how to play to their strengths.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #240: Jul 22, 2015 09:21:45 pm
      Only problem I see with lacazerte, is if he has another good season, we won't be able to afford him next time around.
      He will be Chelsea/city/real/Barca bound !
      If we do have any official interest we need to pull out all the stops to get him now.
      Him AND Benteke would be a force up top !
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #241: Jul 29, 2015 01:00:11 pm
      not going to happen he will got to a CL side either this summer/winter or next. unless we are in CL he wont come to us as he has no need to.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #242: Jul 29, 2015 02:43:43 pm
      not going to happen he will got to a CL side either this summer/winter or next. unless we are in CL he wont come to us as he has no need to.

1 week of inactivity and you come out and say something that already has been said in the first page  :boxing:

...IN EVERY THREAD!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #243: Jul 29, 2015 02:59:17 pm
      1 week of inactivity and you come out and say something that already has been said in the first page  :boxing:

...IN EVERY THREAD!
      no no vicks lets not argue between ourselves leave that to the mancs, i'm far too lazy to scroll back through all the posts so if its been said Iam sorry... still true xx
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #244: Jul 29, 2015 03:36:04 pm
      no no vicks lets not argue between ourselves leave that to the mancs, i'm far too lazy to scroll back through all the posts so if its been said Iam sorry... still true xx

Surely you realize that you bump all kinds of posts that are old and you make recurring comments in most every thread that is active?

And you don't use capital letters!!!!!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #245: Jul 29, 2015 06:35:02 pm
      Surely you realize that you bump all kinds of posts that are old and you make recurring comments in most every thread that is active?

;)
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #246: Jul 30, 2015 06:43:13 am

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #247: Jul 31, 2015 02:21:48 pm
      SO (CAPS LOCK)  ;D
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #248: Jul 31, 2015 02:26:16 pm

So i'm I not supposed to use caps or not?? dont see what harm it does if my grammar is w*nk and if I bump old posts. simple solution is ignore them you dont have to comment but by you commenting also arn't you also bumping the old posts haha. its all fun boys and girls its a fans forum so if i comment on every post so what that's what its for. its passes the time in the afternoon in work
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #249: Jul 31, 2015 02:31:41 pm
      So i'm I not supposed to use caps or not?? dont see what harm it does if my grammar is w*nk and if I bump old posts. simple solution is ignore them you dont have to comment but by you commenting also arn't you also bumping the old posts haha. its all fun boys and girls its a fans forum so if i comment on every post so what that's what its for. its passes the time in the afternoon in work

For people that use the "Show new replies to your posts" as their default go to page  it gets annoying to see an entire page of old threads that you have bumped only to come in and see that there is nothing new added. Yes it's a forum and yes you have the right to post wherever you want, but I'm pretty sure just spamming old posts isn't something that the mods (or anyone else) approve of.

And I believe there's some guidelines hanging around about using proper formatting and language when posting...which would include using capitals and proper paragraphs and such. Yea it's nitpicking and sometimes someone forgets to capitalize things but it seems like it's a concerted assault on good formatting on your part :D Is it really that hard to just capitalize the first word in a sentence? I'm pretty sure most of us learned that when we were 7 or 8 years old?
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #250: Aug 02, 2015 01:44:11 pm
      Making the rounds that we're set to make an improved offer for him at £21.2m now. Can't understand why we would need him at this point?  ???

He'd add a different dynamic than Benteke and I think he's got great potential, but that money would be better used elsewhere if you ask me. More specifically - I'd hope we have prioritized LB and DM over a new forward.

Studge, Benteke, Ings, Origi

And still haven't offloaded Balo or Borini. Can't see the need.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #251: Aug 02, 2015 01:45:40 pm
      Making the rounds that we're set to make an improved offer for him at £21.2m now. Can't understand why we would need him at this point?  ???

He'd add a different dynamic than Benteke and I think he's got great potential, but that money would be better used elsewhere if you ask me. More specifically - I'd hope we have prioritized LB and DM over a new forward.

Studge, Benteke, Ings, Origi

And still haven't offloaded Balo or Borini. Can't see the need.

Link?

If it's from the Metro don't bother.

LFCexiled
      Reply #252: Aug 02, 2015 02:23:15 pm
      Link?

If it's from the Metro don't bother.

I seen it before, I think it was in the mirror. 31 goals in 40 matches the lad got last season.

Quick Reply