Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

FSG's Most Important Summer?

Read 40215 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: FSG's Most Important Summer?
      Reply #138: Apr 16, 2015 07:45:00 pm
      Let's be clear, I like a lot of the players that we have gone out and bought....Sakho, Lallana, Marko, CAN.....

but I wouldn't mind if they added one or two really established players to that lineup.

Agreed but Sakho, Marko, & Can all still works in progress......more projects.

If I was a guy like Reus do I want to be part of a "project" when I transfer at age 26 or do I want to go somewhere that is ready to win.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #139: Apr 16, 2015 07:59:37 pm
      Agreed but Sakho, Marko, & Can all still works in progress......more projects.

If I was a guy like Reus do I want to be part of a "project" when I transfer at age 26 or do I want to go somewhere that is ready to win.

JWH & Co are their own worst enemy and it's rubbing off.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #140: Apr 16, 2015 08:32:39 pm
      The owners need to spend more wisely.

Agree FL, and I'll add some posters need to post more wisely,  :f_whistle:,

Just saying like ?

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #141: Apr 16, 2015 08:41:57 pm

Agree FL, and I'll add some posters need to post more wisely,  :f_whistle:,

Just saying like ?

YNWA

haha indeed Billy The Red!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #142: Apr 16, 2015 08:51:29 pm
      Lot of talk about FFP and whether we agree about it or not the fact of the matter is the owners are going to abide by it so that is that.

At some point we need to pay over the odds for a player and make a statement, because as I mentioned in another thread this club looks like some type of government work project.

Look at the last 3 years from the perspective of a player looking coming here.

Stadium:  On going project
      Commercial:  On going project
      Revenue: On going project
      Footballing System: On going project
      Players Transferring In: All projects in one way or another (young, misfits, past the prime)
      Contracts: Performance Based

For a guy like Costa or Hazard we look like:

This club is not going to attract big players if we don't make some kind of statement..and if that takes overpaying for a guy like Yaya or Reus than so be it.

Until we do no big name is going to take this club seriously; no matter how much we pay.

Part of JWH's long term plan no doubt.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #143: Apr 16, 2015 09:07:01 pm
      So, yet again you try to cover up the fact you talk in circles with absolutely no idea what you're on about with a post containing personal abuse.

Try and debate the points raised.
      I know it's difficult for you, but try anyway instead of hiding behind bullshit posts that say nothing.

Where are the circles?
      Where is the personal abuse?
      I debate the subject matter while you insist your assumptions are beyond question and pass personal comment on anyone who has the temerity to disagree with your point of view.
      No surprise your closing sentence is another personal abuse shot.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,242 posts | 850 
      Reply #144: Apr 16, 2015 10:20:50 pm
      Comparisons with other clubs is irrelevant.
      LFC has it's own model, it is a viable business entity.
      Run in an efficient manner it has the capability of returning any monies invested as a profit.
      A lack of faith in the model will be of detriment to the company and to a lesser extent the investing body itself.
      The above is true for any holding without exception.
      JWH would attempt to convince LFC is an extraordinary business venture and subject to mysterious market forces.

Of course it is relevant, if fans expect us to spend like Man Utd or Chelsea then comparing our capabilities with them makes it relevant.

Wrong, FSG doesn't have any lack of faith in their model, they are actually confident they will get it right and time will tell if they do indeed get it right or not (5 years is not enough to judge).

What are those ''mysterious'' market forces?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #145: Apr 16, 2015 10:23:00 pm
      Let's be clear, I like a lot of the players that we have gone out and bought....Sakho, Lallana, Marko, CAN.....

Agree which I why I think FSG could be very close to getting it right.

Forget about adding numbers this summer and go for a couple from the top drawer.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,242 posts | 850 
      Reply #146: Apr 16, 2015 10:26:13 pm
      Agree which I why I think FSG could be very close to getting it right.

Forget about adding numbers this summer and go for a couple from the top drawer.

It's not FSG who got it right, it's Rodgers and the committee who should be credited for getting the right players in.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #147: Apr 16, 2015 10:28:14 pm
      It's not FSG who got it right, it's Rodgers and the committee who should be credited for getting the right players in.

FSG hired Brendan and the committee.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #148: Apr 16, 2015 10:29:00 pm
      FSG hired Brendan and the committee.

Werner is on the committee I believe.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #149: Apr 16, 2015 11:33:40 pm
      Werner is on the committee I believe.

What does he know about fartball?

;D
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #150: Apr 17, 2015 12:07:24 am
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #151: Apr 17, 2015 02:06:52 am
      FSG's most important summer?  ;D

Does anyone still seriously think they give a sh*t what the fans say? After how they dismissed Kenny - a living legend to the fans?

As long as the fans still fill the stadium, buy the merchandise and the TV money rolls in, FSG don't care about 'most important' summers. They'll spend what it suits them to spend and not a penny more. And the fans can cry and bi*ch and moan about it as much as they like.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #152: Apr 17, 2015 11:05:15 am
      The most important summer for FSG the one to come? Are we in the CL profitable groups or is there any 75 million pounds (or more) asset to redeem? Unfortunaly it was the latter that made last summer important for the owners.

Imo they had their chance last year to lift the club but missed out.

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2015 01:43:22 pm by nikos »
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #153: Apr 17, 2015 11:09:37 am
      I actually think the club may finally get this transfer window right.

We need to target relatively experienced players who won't cost the earth rather than raw talent and when we are being linked with Mat Ryan, Geoffrey Kondogbia, James Milner and Luciano Vietto it gives me some hope at least.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #154: Apr 17, 2015 12:19:21 pm
      Where are the circles?
      Where is the personal abuse?
      I debate the subject matter while you insist your assumptions are beyond question and pass personal comment on anyone who has the temerity to disagree with your point of view.
      No surprise your closing sentence is another personal abuse shot.

:roll:
      oh dear.

You didn't answer a single question, and now this.

No assumptions from me, plenty from you.

Defend your points, if you can.
      You haven't answered them, defended them or done anything except try to close down a conversation where you got caught out.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #155: Apr 17, 2015 12:21:13 pm
      I actually think the club may finally get this transfer window right.

We need to target relatively experienced players who won't cost the earth rather than raw talent and when we are being linked with Mat Ryan, Geoffrey Kondogbia, James Milner and Luciano Vietto it gives me some hope at least.

All of those list save Milner are more or less raw talents.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #156: Apr 17, 2015 12:28:05 pm
      All of those list save Milner are more or less raw talents.

Not what we need.

In my opinion of course.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #157: Apr 17, 2015 12:53:46 pm
      :roll:
      oh dear.

You didn't answer a single question, and now this.

No assumptions from me, plenty from you.

Defend your points, if you can.
      You haven't answered them, defended them or done anything except try to close down a conversation where you got caught out.

You and your bollox crew are an embarrassment.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #158: Apr 17, 2015 01:11:30 pm
      When someone continually tries to overpower a forum with " the owners need to spend spend spend " when it's completely obvious the club is spending the maximum possible it gets very tiresome. Now if you say as you did that the owners need to spend more wisely that's fair comment.

You and the rest of the bollox crew see what you want to see to accommodate an agenda.
      Show me any mention by myself of JWH & Co being required to 'spend, spend, spend'.
      One indication, one suggestion, one sentence with that appropriate word compilation.

You are bolloxed.
      I did notice in your nonsensical ramblings some reference to myself and the word idiot, if you enter into a discussion with only assumption and mistaken reference in your armoury it is yourself who is the naïve, uninformed fool - nobody else.
      My premise is JWH & Co should display and confirm their confidence in LFC by using their own money to promote the club.
      Rather a different concept than the rabid spend, spend, spend quote you erroneously claim.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #159: Apr 17, 2015 01:40:00 pm
      Not what we need.

In my opinion of course.

I agree...can we buy at least one established star this time around. I think we've got enough talent to develop at this point.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #160: Apr 17, 2015 03:00:02 pm
      No, you said LFC has it's "own model" inferring that it has it's own way of doing business that is different from that of other clubs, so come on, enlighten us all.

LFC is special, LFC does not fit the mould of any of our competitors, although they strive to imitate they cannot match our tradition history or following, ipso facto LFC is unique, LFC is a model that cannot be matched.

An "asset" is not just something that operates at a profit.
      a useful and desirable thing or quality:
      Organizational ability is an asset.
      a single item of ownership having exchange value.
      assets.

items of ownership convertible into cash; total resources of a person or business, as cash, notes and accounts receivable, securities, inventories, goodwill, fixtures, machinery, or real estate (opposed to liabilities ).
          Accounting. the items detailed on a balance sheet, especially in relation to liabilities and capital.
          all property available for the payment of debts, especially of a bankrupt or insolvent firm or person.
          Law. property in the hands of an heir, executor, or administrator, that is sufficient to pay the debts or legacies of a deceased person.

You give several interpretations of the word ''asset'' all are correct in a specific context.
      The context I use it in is as grammatically applicable as any of the examples given.

So, as shown you are completely wrong, yet again.

Once again the facts contradict your arrogance.

When has he not shown confidence?
      He gave KK a huge amount of money which was pissed away, with you pulling your usual trick of trying to blame commoli for everything, when KK himself said that the transfers were down to him.

Comolli was appointed to monitor KD by JWH & Co, once again not being privy to your inside and unchallengeable data I must go by the facts that Dalglish was reinstated as an employee of LFC and JWH & Co publicly announced that they had ''made mistakes''.

Then in your second paragraph you completely reverse what you said earlier in stating that LFC is no longer an asset after Moores sold it.

It is acknowledged that H&G negated the 'asset' qualification.

So, it ceased to be an asset on one hand (according to you) and now you want to completely change that and call it an asset again.
      So from this we can assume that you are either talking out of your arse, or you don't know what an asset actually is.

According to you, Moores sold an asset which then became not an asset when h&g bought it, but then changed back to an asset when FSG came on the scene, then at the same time you say that it was a viable asset that could stand on its own, but then say that FSG should be pumping their own money in (which they have in the form of interest free loans).

It's all completely contradictory, makes no sense and is really rather silly.

You admit yourself the above is assumption.

Although you regard the responses as ''personal abuse'' it is in fact a complete rebuttal of your comment thus far.
      I would be glad to respond to any more rudimentary enquiries.

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2015 08:47:19 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply