Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

FSG's Most Important Summer?

Read 40565 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: FSG's Most Important Summer?
      Reply #184: Apr 21, 2015 06:10:13 pm
      Not even close to the most important summer. The most important summer was the first full year they owned the club and that will never change. That was when it was do or die.

This is the transfer committee's biggest summer. Money will be available - again - and they have to spend it wisely.

I don't understand some posts pointing the finger at the owners. Are you blind or just ignorant? They didn't buy Markovic, Lovren, Moreno, Lallana and Balotelli. But they did give someone 93 million pounds to spend and that's who the title of this thread should be aimed at.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #185: Apr 21, 2015 06:26:48 pm
      hey didn't buy Markovic, Lovren, Moreno, Lallana and Balotelli.

Crouch do you believe that if the manager wanted to sign Di Maria instead of Lallana/Markovic  and gone after Hummels instead of Lovren/Moreno/Manquillo and say Cavani instead of Balotelli/Lambert he would have been allowed to?

It is not a bi*ch about the money available, its a bi*ch about going out and buying better quality players with higher salaries.

It is about using a sniper rifle instead of a shotgun.

They did buy Markovic, Lovren, Lallana, Moreno, Balotelli; you better believe they did.

The mandate to never overspend on transfers or pay ridiculous salaries will dictate we never dip into the market of the class players.

You can say we overpaid for Lallana, Moreno, Lovren....no doubt considering the cost however that is what 12m, 20m, 25m buys you these days...mediocrity.

I would rather have taken that 57 million and thrown it all at a player like Reus then piss it away on three at best average players, but with a mandate that is  spread the risk and don't pay too much on any one player it will never happen.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #186: Apr 21, 2015 06:31:51 pm
      But they did give someone 93 million pounds to spend and that's who the title of this thread should be aimed at.

Ayre?

Brendan?

Committee?

All of the above?

All FSG' s people Crouch and working to a policy.

Either the policy has to change and we stop spreading the risk and buy big but in much smaller numbers.

Or.

The policy stays the same and FSG hire different people to make better use of the way they want to work.

But as has been pointed out in other threads they may well be happy with those I mentioned above and their work is exactly what they expect. If so we can look forward to more of the same.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #187: Apr 21, 2015 06:32:53 pm
      Not even close to the most important summer. The most important summer was the first full year they owned the club and that will never change. That was when it was do or die.

This is the transfer committee's biggest summer. Money will be available - again - and they have to spend it wisely.

I don't understand some posts pointing the finger at the owners. Are you blind or just ignorant? They didn't buy Markovic, Lovren, Moreno, Lallana and Balotelli. But they did give someone 93 million pounds to spend and that's who the title of this thread should be aimed at.

It's a collective for me Crouchy. Them being at the head of it.. So yes they take blame.. Not all by any stretch of the imagination though.

To suggest that they hold no responsibility is equally as silly as saying they hold all of it
      Bier
      Reply #188: Apr 21, 2015 06:37:48 pm
      Who is someone then? There's several people part of the transfer committee, they all have veto right. All of them are responsible.

At the least though FSG are responsible for putting that organisational structure of the transfer committee in place, and for putting those decision making people in those positions.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #189: Apr 21, 2015 06:55:49 pm
      FSG are not stupid people, they understand business and many of the basics translate across a wide variety of disciplines but yield the same results...

Take football transfers and general marketing, very different concepts but the two different approaches will give you the exact same effect.

Shotgun marketing will generally yield more leads at a lower cost per impression than rifle marketing. But many of the leads it generates are low-quality

Firms employing rifle marketing will generally focus their front-end time and financial resources to narrow prospective targets. This strategy usually results in fewer prospects compared to shotgun marketing; however, the closure rate often is higher as prospects have been pre-screened as solid matches consistent with the firm’s expansion profile.

When you look at it in terms of business I find it really hard to believe that FSG don't know what they are doing.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #190: Apr 21, 2015 07:00:07 pm
      Who is someone then? There's several people part of the transfer committee, they all have veto right. All of them are responsible.

At the least though FSG are responsible for putting that organisational structure of the transfer committee in place, and for putting those decision making people in those positions.

Then you dig deeper and ask more questions.....

With Rodgers not wanting a DOF and wanting more control, maybe he asked for that organisational structure because he didn't want full control? But then maybe Rodgers wanted full control but FSG didn't trust him and forced the committee upon him? Then you have to question how FSG recruited a bunch of muppets for the committee, was it the help of Rodgers? Ayre? etc, or solely FSG's doing? More questions I ask too, maybe Rodgers is happy with the people on the committee and not willing to ask for a change, or are FSG are happy and Rodgers wanting a change? So many questions, so little answers and assumptions :(

If only someone would come out and tell the whole truth so we wouldn't be arguing amongst ourselves and be so divided :(
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #191: Apr 21, 2015 07:01:24 pm
      It's a collective for me Crouchy. Them being at the head of it.. So yes they take blame.. Not all by any stretch of the imagination though.

To suggest that they hold no responsibility is equally as silly as saying they hold all of it

The common thread here is 'blame' and the spreading of.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #192: Apr 21, 2015 07:15:55 pm
      To all and above, i haven't said they are free of blame. I've been vocal enough saying FSG need to boot Ayre from the football side of the club and i would definitely rather have a DoF than a committee. Too many minds can muddle up the process.

However when all of them suggest Lovren, Lallana (i'm going to say Brendan holds the blame here because it was obvious these two were his first choice) Markovic, Moreno and Balotelli then something is very, very wrong.

Again - we spent a ton of money and received 75m from one sale alone while still having a net spend of 30m. That is a F**k load of money being given to these people and they have failed us, and they have also failed FSG, big time.

I'm not a fan of the committee and i'm not freeing FSG of blame here. But they have their plans and vision and they are throwing money at it. We cannot blame the money - we have to blame the men. FSG, Brendan and committee.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #193: Apr 21, 2015 07:18:44 pm
      http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/

Live chat on now, very sad but true.

Talking about FSG, ticket prices, the atmosphere at Anfield etc
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #194: Apr 21, 2015 07:19:07 pm
      The common thread here is 'blame' and the spreading of.

A better word is accountability Stuey

And it's only right there is some

To all and above, i haven't said they are free of blame. I've been vocal enough saying FSG need to boot Ayre from the football side of the club and i would definitely rather have a DoF than a committee. Too many minds can muddle up the process.

However when all of them suggest Lovren, Lallana (i'm going to say Brendan holds the blame here because it was obvious these two were his first choice) Markovic, Moreno and Balotelli then something is very, very wrong.

Again - we spent a ton of money and received 75m from one sale alone while still having a net spend of 30m. That is a f**k load of money being given to these people and they have failed us, and they have also failed FSG, big time.

I'm not a fan of the committee and i'm not freeing FSG of blame here. But they have their plans and vision and they are throwing money at it. We cannot blame the money - we have to blame the men. FSG, Brendan and committee.

I agree with that Crouchy

That's what I was saying earlier.. They all need to hold accountability.. It's not about the money available it's how the whole structure works IMO and it doesn't  work well for me..

Brendan, the committee and certainly Ian Ayre hold responsibility for the squad and how it looks and fsg must be held accountable for the structure, the fact they have given Ian Ayre do much control over the football side and what happens below that
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Reply #195: Apr 21, 2015 07:23:07 pm
      A better word is accountability Stuey

And it's only right there is some

Yep.

If nothing changes in the summer then only a fool would conclude that FSG aren't happy with how things currently stand.

A change of any description, be that the manager, personnel in the committee, the committee itself or transfer policy, will show that they have learnt and willing to make move to make us more successful and not sit idly by and do nothing.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #196: Apr 21, 2015 07:24:04 pm
      Then you dig deeper and ask more questions.....

With Rodgers not wanting a DOF and wanting more control, maybe he asked for that organisational structure because he didn't want full control? But then maybe Rodgers wanted full control but FSG didn't trust him and forced the committee upon him? Then you have to question how FSG recruited a bunch of muppets for the committee, was it the help of Rodgers? Ayre? etc, or solely FSG's doing? More questions I ask too, maybe Rodgers is happy with the people on the committee and not willing to ask for a change, or are FSG are happy and Rodgers wanting a change? So many questions, so little answers and assumptions :(

If only someone would come out and tell the whole truth so we wouldn't be arguing amongst ourselves and be so divided :(

Rodgers is on record saying that he works best within a team i.e. a committee.
      This is something that some would prefer people forget.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #197: Apr 21, 2015 07:29:14 pm

Yes but he and others say many things that you can interperate however you or I like to support both sides of the argument.

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #198: Apr 21, 2015 07:30:49 pm

Just as well we haven't seen his WORST work then, isn't it!??  :roll:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #199: Apr 21, 2015 07:33:23 pm
      Yes but he and others say many things that you can interperate however you or I like to support both sides of the argument.

Do they?

I take BR at his word.
      There was concern about a "committee" which so many wrongly get hung up about, which he stated he had no problems with and was his preferred way of working.
      That's different from the alleged policy of only buying young players (which is also wrong because we don't only buy young players).
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #200: Apr 21, 2015 07:36:14 pm
      http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/

Live chat on now, very sad but true.

Talking about FSG, ticket prices, the atmosphere at Anfield etc

I haven't listened, but I can guess the gist of it.

Maybe one day the media will get on a bandwagon with it.
      Before American owners we had some of the best teams in Europe. Since they've arrived, the Champs Lge/equivalent football quality has largely been a joke for the 3 formerly top British teams plagued with parasitic American "brand" owners.

That would almost be considered "acceptable" by some if it wasn't for the most gigantically ripoff ticket prices in Europe.

Ever more shi**er product for higher prices is clearly taking the piss.
      Only a div or a plant (or a div-plant) would think thats acceptable.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #201: Apr 21, 2015 07:38:26 pm
      I will be posting more facts later this week, for the hard of thinking.

Still waiting?
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #202: Apr 21, 2015 07:49:55 pm
      There isn't just the on field uncertantity and unrest.

Off the field the clubs heart and soul is being ripped out. FSG's ongoing pursuit of the dollar is alienating the "proper" Reds in favour for tourists with big cameras and even bigger shopping bags.

The United game was the final straw for many, me included. It seems the tourist types are now the MAJORITY!

H&G were bad times but the club is in real danger of losing its identity and a generation of local fans.

« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2015 08:12:06 pm by kelvo »
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #203: Apr 21, 2015 09:12:34 pm

Your user name "A Zee Patriot" just sums up whats wrong with this "saccer brand".

Its very simple, the "brand" is shi**er now than when your heroes took over.
      Because they haven't taken any steps to rebuild it. They've just freeloaded on the new TV deals, the work previous owners (not G&H) did, and the trend towards globalisation of the EPL.

Everything else they did has been bullshitting and turning LFC into a selling club.

You don't need to be an accountant to see that. But for the Asbergers types amongst the forum, I'll do it anyway.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #204: Apr 21, 2015 09:14:37 pm
      There isn't just the on field uncertantity and unrest.

Off the field the clubs heart and soul is being ripped out. FSG's ongoing pursuit of the dollar is alienating the "proper" Reds in favour for tourists with big cameras and even bigger shopping bags.

The United game was the final straw for many, me included. It seems the tourist types are now the MAJORITY!

H&G were bad times but the club is in real danger of losing its identity and a generation of local fans.

Well said. Its a shame that a small brigade of plants sees fit to try and deceive decent football fans at every opportunity.

What Shamway have done is as clear as day.

Their greed blinds them to the fact that sooner or later the daytrippers will realise the "product" of any selling "club" is simply a pile of sh*t. So they'll have fu**ed off both the locals AND the daytrip "customers".
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #205: Apr 21, 2015 09:17:15 pm
      Your user name "A Zee Patriot" just sums up whats wrong with this "saccer brand".

Because they haven't taken any steps to rebuild it. They've just freeloaded on the new TV deals, the work previous owners (not G&H) did, and the trend towards globalisation of the EPL.

Everything else they did has been bullshitting and turning LFC into a selling club.

You don't need to be an accountant to see that. But for the Asbergers types amongst the forum, I'll do it anyway.

Don't worry about my forum name, had it before you arrived and will have it after you have departed.

Still waiting on proof to back up the hyperbole.

As of yet your long on bullshit and short of substance.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #206: Apr 21, 2015 09:44:41 pm

That confirms your IQ being lower than a snakes belly.

Quick Reply