Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Asier Illarramendi (Real Madrid)

Read 46650 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Asier Illarramendi (Real Madrid)
      Reply #138: Jul 01, 2015 01:57:17 am
      Illara might force his way out and ask to leave. RM would have their hands tied if that happened.

I just don't think they would look to loan Lucas Silva without speaking to Illarra and Casemiro, we'll see, just not confident in getting him :(
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #139: Jul 01, 2015 02:03:23 am
      I just don't think they would look to loan Lucas Silva without speaking to Illarra and Casemiro, we'll see, just not confident in getting him :(

Have to agree with this, looks all over a Rafa type player, expect him to get more minutes next season.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #140: Jul 01, 2015 03:25:03 am
      Have to agree with this, looks all over a Rafa type player, expect him to get more minutes next season.

Yeah, but Rafa also likes a double pivot and Illarra (at least from what I've seen) seems most well suited to being the anchor in a midfield 3
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #141: Jul 01, 2015 04:29:41 am
      agree mate I know he's a true red and a loyal servant who i would like to keep over joe bloody allen but if we are buying another younger DM it must be the end of the old guard as we would be top heavey in the middle

so if we bring in a young midfielder, it spells the end of Lucas Leiva, merely because he's older? i dont understand. wouldn't we replace the younger, inexperienced Allen with a better younger player and still keep our old head around?

I don't understand the idea of "keep Lucas OR Allen". one is good, one is sh*t. It's not hard to know which one we should keep.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #142: Jul 01, 2015 08:27:14 am
      so if we bring in a young midfielder, it spells the end of Lucas Leiva, merely because he's older? i dont understand. wouldn't we replace the younger, inexperienced Allen with a better younger player and still keep our old head around?

I don't understand the idea of "keep Lucas OR Allen". one is good, one is sh*t. It's not hard to know which one we should keep.
      I would in a heart beat get rid of Allen but for some reason BR rates him highly we all rember the famous "welsh xavi quote" and I feel he see's lucas as merley back up due to injury record. fingers crossed we can get rid of allen and keep like you said the experianced Lucas.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #143: Jul 01, 2015 11:16:39 am

haha  missed that myself. forgot 6 zeros
      edited .........thanks
      YNWA
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #144: Jul 01, 2015 11:30:26 am
      so have we made an offical bid for this lad and would he be a starter in our team? where would he line up and alongside who.

we need a big squad if we are to compete in Europe this year.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #145: Jul 01, 2015 03:06:15 pm

Doesn't matter, a lot of times if a player wants to leave RM, he leaves. They have the money to buy a replacement with the snap of the fingers.

Maybe Illarra doesn't want to leave, you just never know, nothing has been stated that he wants to go.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #146: Jul 01, 2015 03:10:33 pm

This all day.

Lucas simply brings more to the table.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #147: Jul 01, 2015 03:11:46 pm
      I would be perfectly happy with either Lucas Silva or Illara, permanent or loan, doesn't matter!
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #148: Jul 01, 2015 03:39:06 pm
      Andy Brassell (journalist) said that it is clear that Illarramendi is not in Rafa's plans and he thinks that it is very possible he joins LFC. Watched it in a video.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #149: Jul 01, 2015 04:02:34 pm
      I would be perfectly happy with either Lucas Silva or Illara, permanent or loan, doesn't matter!

Yep, been impressed with Lucas Silva when he's stepped on the pitch for Real. Casemiro could be decent too, saw him couple of times at Porto and seems like a decent DM player. Either way, we need someone in that DM position that can keep the play ticking, and the only ball playing midfielder we have is Lucas, and I can't see Lucas playing 30+ prem games for us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #150: Jul 01, 2015 07:31:47 pm
      True, but I'm taking into account that they will have Illarra and Casemiro as back ups to Modric & Kroos. Can't see them buying another backup midfielder when they already have 2 strong covers without Lucas Silva.

I was only joking with you mate :)
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #151: Jul 01, 2015 07:42:08 pm
      Maybe we can struck a loan deal with Real ?
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #152: Jul 01, 2015 07:53:30 pm
      Maybe we can struck a loan deal with Real ?

Worked out well with Sahin, don't see why not?

;)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #153: Jul 01, 2015 08:42:17 pm
      VIDAL AGREES REAL DEAL

Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal has agreed a five-year deal with Real Madrid, reports Sport.

Vidal has been in the headlines in recent weeks due to his strong showings for Chile at the Copa America and speculation linking him with a move away from Juve.

New Real boss Rafa Benitez specifically requested the signing of Vidal and club president Florentino Perez has given him the go-ahead to recruit the Chile international.

According to the Spanish sports daily, Vidal’s agent Fernando Felicevich and Real’s director general Jose Angel Sanchez have held talks and a five-year contract has been agreed.

However, Real want to haggle with the Serie A champions over their €30m asking price and hope that the player´s recent drink-driving incident could work in their favour in that respect.

Vidal, who has also been linked with Arsenal, is believed to prefer a move to the Spanish capital.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Andy Brassell (journalist) said that it is clear that Illarramendi is not in Rafa's plans and he thinks that it is very possible he joins LFC. Watched it in a video.

Maybe... just maybe....
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #154: Jul 01, 2015 08:53:10 pm
      Have to say I am overall very impressed with all our recruitments.
      Rod the books of at least 4 players and bring in 2 more quality additions along with Illaramendi and we will be in a far better position than we have been for years.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #155: Jul 01, 2015 08:54:08 pm
      VIDAL AGREES REAL DEAL

Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal has agreed a five-year deal with Real Madrid, reports Sport.

Vidal has been in the headlines in recent weeks due to his strong showings for Chile at the Copa America and speculation linking him with a move away from Juve.

New Real boss Rafa Benitez specifically requested the signing of Vidal and club president Florentino Perez has given him the go-ahead to recruit the Chile international.

According to the Spanish sports daily, Vidal’s agent Fernando Felicevich and Real’s director general Jose Angel Sanchez have held talks and a five-year contract has been agreed.

However, Real want to haggle with the Serie A champions over their €30m asking price and hope that the player´s recent drink-driving incident could work in their favour in that respect.

Vidal, who has also been linked with Arsenal, is believed to prefer a move to the Spanish capital.

Maybe... just maybe....

Interesting, the plot thickens.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #156: Jul 01, 2015 08:55:56 pm
      Certainly does Luke.
      Looks like fSG are being very very methodical and hitting their targets in a calm and impressive manner.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #157: Jul 01, 2015 08:56:47 pm

We need Rafa's magic touch right about now.

What do you say Rafa?

RedJock
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | 40 
      Reply #158: Jul 01, 2015 09:00:43 pm
      Is it just me that isnt convinced by him ?

Is he the player we need ? Do we need a more physical player in the middle ?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #159: Jul 01, 2015 10:11:52 pm
      Is it just me that isnt convinced by him ?

Is he the player we need ? Do we need a more physical player in the middle ?

I wouldn't be against Carvalho or Schneiderlin, but I perfer Illarra because of his beard and passing!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #160: Jul 01, 2015 10:20:37 pm
      VIDAL AGREES REAL DEAL

Maybe... just maybe....

Surely that would clear the way

Quick Reply