Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Asier Illarramendi (Real Madrid)

Read 46249 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Asier Illarramendi (Real Madrid)
      Reply #184: Aug 03, 2015 04:35:51 pm
      Wish.. Looks like an upgrade over Allen, who acc. to me should be seriously considered by BR, to be made transfer-available.

He would do well at clubs like Everton (if McCarthy is sold), Swansea, West Brom or Palace
      Anything is an upgrade on Allen he's like a rubbish verson of Gareth Barry if that's even possible
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #185: Aug 03, 2015 06:23:09 pm
      Would be the next Xabi Alonso and would love it if we were truly in for him but not sure we really are.

Doesn't have the qualities to be the next Xabi, sadly, closer to Mascherano from what i saw.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #186: Aug 03, 2015 07:29:27 pm
      Anything is an upgrade on Allen he's like a rubbish verson of Gareth Barry if that's even possible

You make it sound like Barry was dog sh*t :D He was decent for a big part of his career.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #187: Aug 04, 2015 10:42:52 am
      Doesn't have the qualities to be the next Xabi, sadly, closer to Mascherano from what i saw.

He's more a mix between the two.

Really do hope we're in for him.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #188: Aug 04, 2015 12:29:00 pm
      You make it sound like Barry was dog sh*t :D He was decent for a big part of his career.
      I mean the Barry of today
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #189: Aug 04, 2015 08:20:06 pm

Not many players will have the quality Xabi has displayed throughout his career. Another Masch certainly wouldn't be a bad thing, give us a bit of bite back in midfield.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #190: Aug 05, 2015 05:01:41 pm
      I'd like to see us set up a loan with a future fee if he convinces. Given the incoming/existing personnel at RM I don't think that would be out of the question.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #191: Aug 06, 2015 01:06:16 pm
      I'd like to see us set up a loan with a future fee if he convinces. Given the incoming/existing personnel at RM I don't think that would be out of the question.
      I also think a loan move would be a good option this summer with option to buy him in Jan if he does well. Rafa wouldt screw us over I mean he helped us with Coutinho and Sturridge so cant see him selling us a duff. HE just has to many world class players ahead of him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #192: Aug 06, 2015 02:14:06 pm
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #193: Aug 06, 2015 06:13:39 pm
      Don't rate him that highly from what I've seen of him, neither do Real Madrid either by the sounds coming out of there. 25 years old should be hitting his peak and demanding a place in the team. PASS.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #194: Aug 06, 2015 06:36:17 pm
      Don't rate him that highly from what I've seen of him, neither do Real Madrid either by the sounds coming out of there. 25 years old should be hitting his peak and demanding a place in the team. PASS.

How many YouTube videos have you seen of him then? He should be demanding a spot in the first 11 of Real Madrid? :roll: Real Madrid have sold some quality players in the past so I wouldn't look too much into that if I was you. 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #195: Aug 06, 2015 06:53:51 pm
      How many YouTube videos have you seen of him then? He should be demanding a spot in the first 11 of Real Madrid? :roll: Real Madrid have sold some quality players in the past so I wouldn't look too much into that if I was you. 

Agree with this. You could practically field a title-winning side of players who didn't make it at Real. Robben, Sneijder, Kaka, etc.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,475 posts | 3434 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #196: Aug 06, 2015 07:54:32 pm
      Agree with this. You could practically field a title-winning side of players who didn't make it at Real. Robben, Sneijder, Kaka, etc.

and the ones who didn't fit or were sold for various reasons, di Maria, higuain, khedeira, xabi Alonso etc
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #197: Aug 07, 2015 03:41:41 am

key word there is team. Real Madrid are not a team, but a corporation.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #198: Aug 09, 2015 11:27:04 pm

Apart from watching him live in the flesh on several occasions and watching him numerous times on TV. I know where I'm coming from when I say pass. And when I say he's should be demanding a place in the team I'm coming from the point where Madrid bought him for about ā‚¬30 million when he was about 21, they bought him for potential but he hasn't reached the heights expected . Hence why he's been shown the exit
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #199: Aug 10, 2015 12:32:04 pm
      I rate Emre Can much highly than him in a DM position, why waste 20-30 mil when Emre is a better option, even compared to Lucas he doesn't have much more to offer. Let's stick with the lads currently in our squad, we should sign someone only if he's top quality and a clear improvement of what we currently have in our team.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #200: Aug 10, 2015 12:34:16 pm
      I rate Emre Can much highly than him in a DM position, why waste 20-30 mil when Emre is a better option, even compared to Lucas he doesn't have much more to offer. Let's stick with the lads currently in our squad, we should sign someone only if he's top quality and a clear improvement of what we currently have in our team.

20-30? You've clearly plucked that figure from the clouds.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #201: Aug 10, 2015 12:53:47 pm
      20-30? You've clearly plucked that figure from the clouds.

Euros .
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #202: Aug 10, 2015 03:12:10 pm
      even compared to Lucas he doesn't have much more to offer

If the reports of Lucas' fallout with BR are true and Allen being a travesty in our midfield, we definitely need a DM.

Paul Joyce - ā€œAnother concern centers on Liverpoolā€™s strength in depth in midfield with Lucas left out of the squad entirely following a fall-out which presumably now promotes the prospect of a parting.He would need replacingā€
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #203: Aug 15, 2015 10:18:49 am
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #204: Aug 17, 2015 01:01:33 pm
      Try not to forget this latest rumour has been jumped on from an articel in the Metro of all papers. I've seen more more truth on the front page of the Sunday Sport than this sorry excuse for a sports paper. They are without doubt the worst source of transfer information on the planet!

I quite like the player from what i have seen of him but I am a bit put off that Rafa doesn't seem to rate him. If he really is an Alonsoesque player then he of all people would be the one to judge on that. If we really are gonna let Lucas go then it might be a good bit of business and it seems likely he will leave now that Madrid have evidently agreed a fee for Kovaevic (or whatever his name is)/
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #205: Aug 17, 2015 01:16:45 pm

It's taken about 3 or 4 years, but you've finally come out with soemthing I agree with. My jaw dropped and my I had to pinch myself when I realised it was you. I never thought I would see the day.

But, agree with you I shall. Really don't need another defensive midfielder when we have Emre and Milner who are more than competent enough to do that job, asw ell as Allen as back up. Prefer to spend that money on a top nothc CB and/or a goal keeper.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #206: Aug 18, 2015 06:10:03 pm
      Madrid have just signed Kovacic which could spell the end for Illarra. Loan to buy sounds like a good option to me ;)

Quick Reply