Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Lucas Leiva (Inter Milan)

Read 24339 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Re: Lucas Leiva (Inter Milan)
      Reply #92: Aug 13, 2015 12:26:32 pm
      That doesn't mean he's tactically aware.

Me writing that I think he's one of the mist tactically aware is a clue I think he is tactically aware mate. ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #93: Aug 13, 2015 11:08:17 pm
      Talk of Milan and Juventus being interested!

If he does leave, hope he ends up at Juventus and plays regularly, I actually think he'll do well there!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #94: Aug 14, 2015 12:06:43 am
      Talk of Milan and Juventus being interested!

If he does leave, hope he ends up at Juventus and plays regularly, I actually think he'll do well there!

He'd do excellent in the Italian league, much more time to dwell on the ball than in the EPL.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #95: Aug 14, 2015 12:51:23 am
      Me writing that I think he's one of the mist tactically aware is a clue I think he is tactically aware mate. ;D

Of course. I still think he and Milner are box to box and Lucas has really received poor press given his influence on the team has usually resulted in us playing better as a unit, whereas Henderson's influence has largely been an individual moment or two.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #96: Aug 14, 2015 12:52:13 am
      He'd do excellent in the Italian league, much more time to dwell on the ball than in the EPL.

Lucas does not dwell on the ball, but he would do a lot better in Italy or Spain then Henderson no doubt about it.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #97: Aug 14, 2015 01:46:41 am
      Lucas does not dwell on the ball, but he would do a lot better in Italy or Spain then Henderson no doubt about it.

He certainly doesn't. Our best ball playing midfielder without question.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #98: Aug 14, 2015 02:26:22 am
      He certainly doesn't. Our best ball playing midfielder without question.

He certainly divides opinion for some reason.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #99: Aug 14, 2015 08:44:13 am

Seems ridiculous to me finally we have the correct amount of good players to cover all positions going forward this season meaning starters and bench at Stoke plus Lucas Sakho and Markovic and that means instantly that we now have to get rid of any of them three, obviously we need to be thinking of kidnapping Enrique and the other barnacles at the club and dropping them on an island somewhere see how many selfies he can do on a deserted rock in the sea.

:)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #100: Aug 14, 2015 11:14:07 am
      Of course. I still think he and Milner are box to box and Lucas has really received poor press given his influence on the team has usually resulted in us playing better as a unit, whereas Henderson's influence has largely been an individual moment or two.

We're never going to agree mate. Hendo is very tactically aware, knows how to play various positions, knows where he should be on the pitch in those positions and is always the man the manager calls over to give instructions to.

Back to Lucas and it looks like he will be off and before the summer I said it would be madness to sell him and I still think it is but if a breakdown in relationship with the boss has happened added to him probably wanting to play a lot more then it all seems a bit inevitable.

I only hope it doesn't come back to bite us later in the season.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #101: Aug 14, 2015 11:29:13 am
      We're never going to agree mate. Hendo is very tactically aware, knows how to play various positions, knows where he should be on the pitch in those positions and is always the man the manager calls over to give instructions to.

Back to Lucas and it looks like he will be off and before the summer I said it would be madness to sell him and I still think it is but if a breakdown in relationship with the boss has happened added to him probably wanting to play a lot more then it all seems a bit inevitable.

I only hope it doesn't come back to bite us later in the season.
      Agreed!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #102: Aug 14, 2015 11:43:59 am
      read this morning we are interested in PSG's Thiago Motta to replace Lucas
      cannot find link ,think its sh*t anyway

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #103: Aug 17, 2015 03:57:58 pm
      Don't think the club are pushing lucas out btw, think they have just been honest and said he is behind hendo & Milner in an MF 3, then it's between lucas, can & Allen.

Can is probably slightly ahead of lucas, so that means subbie for most of season, apart from cup games.

So it's upto lucas to stay or move on to be 1st choice somehwere else.

My personal point of view, he could be the Anchor in a 4-1-4-1 or the 4-1-3-2 ?

-------- Mings ---------
      Clyne -Skrtel-Lovren-Gomez
      ---------- Lucas-----------
      -Milner - Coutinho - Hendo
      ---- Firmino - Benteke ---

Shame cos lucas has been thru loads at LFC. But if he wants to be a regular starter in his latter years, it probably is a good time to move.
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015 04:37:03 pm by brezipool, Reason: Im a dobber. »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #104: Aug 17, 2015 03:59:24 pm
      Don't think the club are pushing lucas out btw, think they have just been honest and said he is behind hendo & Milner in an MF 3, then it's between lucas, can & Allen.

Can is probably slightly ahead of lucas, so that means subbie for most of season, apart from cup games.

So it's upto lucas to stay or move on to be 1st choice somehwere else.

My personal point of view, he could be the Anchor in a 4-1-4-1 or the 4-1-3-2 ?

-------- Mings ---------
      Clyne -Skrtel-Lovren-Gomez
      ---------- Lucas-----------
      -Hendo - Coutinho - Firmino
      ---- Firmino - Benteke ---

Shame cos lucas has been thru loads at LFC. But if he wants to be a regular starter in his latter years, it probably is a good time to move.

Firmino's so good you named him twice on the team sheet?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #105: Aug 17, 2015 04:01:00 pm

Now that's what I do call good movement.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #106: Aug 17, 2015 04:37:27 pm

;D. much cutting and pasting, forgot to put Milner back in.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #107: Aug 20, 2015 05:58:08 pm
      Besiktas have made an approach to sign Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva.

The Turkish outfit are hoping the Reds will agree to sanction a season-long loan deal for the experienced Brazil international.

Lucas’ future has been the subject of speculation after he was left out of the squad by boss Brendan Rodgers for the opening two Premier League games against Stoke and Bournemouth. The 28-year-old has two years to run on his contract.

Besiktas transfer committee head Erdal Torunogulları said: “Lucas is a player on our shortlist, talks are ongoing.”

The Black Eagles are in the market for a midfielder following injuries to Toglay Arslan and Veli Kavlak.

Besiktas board member Erol Kaynar added: “A loan deal is likely, it could go ahead within the next two days.”

Lucas is currently Liverpool’s longest serving player but Reds’ boss Brendan Rodgers has suggested he sees Emre Can’s future very much as a controlling midfielder, something which could convince the Brazilian his future lies away from Anfield.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #108: Aug 20, 2015 06:59:16 pm
      why would we loan Lucas is beyond me to be honest
      hate to say it but ,If the club does not rate him they should ask for a permanent move, and cash in  to bring in  a suitable replacement which we need IMO if he leaves
      he will come back (if he does) with only a year  left on his contract
      will we keep paying a part of his salary too?
      sorry but I keep lucas over Allen any day.it seems BR sees it the other way
      YNWA

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #109: Aug 21, 2015 07:48:38 am
      why would we loan Lucas is beyond me to be honest
      hate to say it but ,If the club does not rate him they should ask for a permanent move, and cash in  to bring in  a suitable replacement which we need IMO if he leaves
      he will come back (if he does) with only a year  left on his contract
      will we keep paying a part of his salary too?
      sorry but I keep lucas over Allen any day.it seems BR sees it the other way
      YNWA

We don't want him to go, he is considering moves to be 1st choice player, rather than squad player, who is maybe 4/5th choice at best in a MF 3.

And he has been a good servant, if a loan deal works for him, good stuff, he might get a better deal at the end of his contract if he leaves on a free.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,517 posts | 3461 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #110: Aug 21, 2015 08:31:46 am
      Like said above, don't really see how a loan suits us or Lucas, yeah it may give him a bit of football but it's a long way to go for a temping job in a particularly unstable part of the world
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,984 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #111: Aug 22, 2015 01:17:12 pm
      Massive mistake if Lucas goes this window, we have no one who can play DM like he can,unless someone better is brought in, we cannot rely on Can in there simply due to his inexperience, Allen is to slight and easily over powered,

I know it won't happen but I'd would have loved us to go get Busquets, top class, quality, been there done that, him sat in behind Hendo & Milner and in front of the back 4 would be ideal,

I heard tho that Flamini was a possibility, but then it did come from Twatter, so bags of salt needed, anyhow, like I said we don't really want to lose Lucas, not this window anyhow.

YNWA 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #112: Aug 23, 2015 02:53:16 pm
      Daily Mail reporting that he's off to Besiktas on a loan deal.

Don't see the logic at all if true.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #113: Aug 23, 2015 02:56:42 pm
      Daily Mail reporting that he's off to Besiktas on a loan deal.

Don't see the logic at all if true.

Chances are we will still be paying part of his wages too.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #114: Aug 23, 2015 03:05:59 pm
      Chances are we will still be paying part of his wages too.

If we don't replace Lucas we can forget about top 4... again.

Quick Reply