Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The Transfer Committee Thread

Read 106548 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Re: The Incompetent Transfer Committee Scouts Thread: GUILTY!
      Reply #161: Sep 23, 2015 06:29:10 pm
      I think he was good at spotting talent and closing deals, not so sure he was much good at price negotiations.

He was also great at getting rid of players we didn't want.

If he was still here the likes of Borini wouldn't have been hanging around an extra season I feel.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #162: Sep 23, 2015 06:29:52 pm
      I thought that bit was left to the genius Ian Ayre.

I am not sure tbh mate, I always thought that Ayre only took over negotiations when Comolli left.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #163: Sep 23, 2015 06:43:34 pm
      I am not sure tbh mate, I always thought that Ayre only took over negotiations when Comolli left.

You could be right mate I'm honestly not 100% sure, I thought Commoli was the 'talent spotter' and the financials were left to the bad smell that never seems to leave (no, not Brendan).

Either way they sacked Commoli on the back of the only transfer window since that we've earned money on and actually acquired a couple of very good players (Suarez/Henderson).

The whole club from top to bottom in terms of decision making is in a complete shambles, I have no faith in any of them to make a decision in our best interest.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #164: Sep 23, 2015 06:49:12 pm
      The whole club from top to bottom in terms of decision making is in a complete shambles, I have no faith in any of them to make a decision in our best interest.

This sums up my feelings exactly mate

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #165: Sep 23, 2015 06:51:46 pm
      You could be right mate I'm honestly not 100% sure, I thought Commoli was the 'talent spotter' and the financials were left to the bad smell that never seems to leave (no, not Brendan).

Either way they sacked Commoli on the back of the only transfer window since that we've earned money on and actually acquired a couple of very good players (Suarez/Henderson).

It still mystifies me to this day that they ditched their preference of a DoF/Sporting Director on the say so of a coach of Brendan's limited experience.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #166: Sep 23, 2015 07:13:57 pm
      But people....Barry F***ing Hunter?!! It might as well be Barry F***ing Chuckle!
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #167: Sep 23, 2015 07:21:41 pm
      But people....Barry F***ing Hunter?!! It might as well be Barry f**king Chuckle!

This sums it up. Do we really trust a non-league entity who gets clubs relegated from the football league to be able to (A) have the networking and knowledge to seek out top top players and (B) actually negotiate with them?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #168: Sep 23, 2015 07:25:40 pm
      Well  he is similar age and nationality to Brendan so they have something in common. Rushden and Diamonds to LFC quite a jump.
      I can see Messi getting a call from Barry Hunter and him saying "who the F**k is Barry Hunter" but then i suspect that may be the answer he gets to a lot of his calls
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #169: Sep 23, 2015 07:27:23 pm
      Well  he is similar age and nationality to Brendan so they have something in common. Rushden and Diamonds to LFC quite a jump.
      I can see Messi getting a call from Barry Hunter and him saying "who the f**k is Barry Hunter" but then i suspect that may be the answer he Brendan gets to a lot of his calls

:)

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #170: Sep 23, 2015 07:28:40 pm

or "tell him I am not in". The man I remember from my yoof was Geoff Twentyman. Over 20 years as Scout bringing in players like Rush,Neal and hansen
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #171: Sep 23, 2015 07:35:23 pm
      I can see Messi getting a call from Barry Hunter and him saying "who the f**k is Barry Hunter" but then i suspect that may be the answer he gets to a lot of his calls

Saw that as well. He and Brendan have Reading connections as well.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #172: Sep 23, 2015 08:00:24 pm
      It still mystifies me to this day that they ditched their preference of a DoF/Sporting Director on the say so of a coach of Brendan's limited experience.

Agreed Si, that and handing him all power over the academy was F***ing stupid, said so at the time and I didn't care who thought differently it was a recipe for disaster in 99% of all known scenarios.

Now if we have to remove Brendan, as it appears so, then we're left rebuilding everything.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #173: Sep 23, 2015 08:00:52 pm
      Saw that as well. He and Brendan have Reading connections as well.

just seen the Celta Vigo CF break clear from the halfway line the chip it over the goalie.Sign him up I said then I saw his name ASPAS.
      The lad has pace and touch what happend to him whilst he was here.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #174: Sep 23, 2015 08:14:40 pm
      F**k me he has just scored an even better goal sign him up
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #175: Sep 23, 2015 10:53:16 pm
      Didn't virtually everyone want Comolli gone at the time? That it was more or less the players Comolli signed and not Kenny's management that explained why we were so bad in the league that year? (It was both, really.) Where's this revisionism coming from?
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2015 11:06:07 pm by TheRedMosquito »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #176: Sep 23, 2015 11:24:34 pm
      Yup its the Committee's fault we cant beat a league 2 team despite having spent £300M over the last 3 years    :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #177: Sep 23, 2015 11:25:26 pm
      Didn't virtually everyone want Comolli gone at the time? That it was more or less the players Comolli signed and not Kenny's management that explained why we were so bad in the league that year? (It was both, really.) Where's this revisionism coming from?

I don't think it is from me mate although I haven't searched back through my posts to recall what I said back then but I always thought Comolli did a decent job.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #178: Sep 23, 2015 11:26:56 pm

Never argued for either to leave the club.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #179: Sep 23, 2015 11:29:17 pm
      just seen the Celta Vigo CF break clear from the halfway line the chip it over the goalie.Sign him up I said then I saw his name ASPAS.
      The lad has pace and touch what happend to him whilst he was here.

I remember he started those first three games for us two years back, you know the one's where we beat Stoke, Aston Villa and Man Utd, all of them 1-0. While he didn't offer much in terms of a goal threat I thought his work rate was excellent. To be honest, we didn't see much of him beyond those games.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #180: Sep 23, 2015 11:31:52 pm
      I remember he started those first three games for us two years back, you know the one's where we beat Stoke, Aston Villa and Man Utd, all of them 1-0. While he didn't offer much in terms of a goal threat I thought his work rate was excellent. To be honest, we didn't see much of him beyond those games.

To be honest he looks a bit light in body strength and is suited better to La Liga, We do right players off far too quickly
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #181: Sep 24, 2015 09:29:15 am
      Someone posted Stats of Origi and Martial and they looked indentical and then we laughed at the transfer cost difference.
      Martial has 4 goals in 4 games Origi has yet to do anything. Just goes to show you can spend far to much time and give far too much credence to Stats. Maybe Brendan should see the player himself before signing players.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #182: Sep 24, 2015 09:34:37 am
      Someone posted Stats of Origi and Martial and they looked indentical and then we laughed at the transfer cost difference.
      Martial has 4 goals in 4 games Origi has yet to do anything. Just goes to show you can spend far to much time and give far too much credence to Stats. Maybe Brendan should see the player himself before signing players.

Martial would look sh*te playing for us, dont worry Origi is just fine.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #183: Sep 24, 2015 09:52:20 am
      Martial would look sh*te playing for us, dont worry Origi is just fine.

That's the worrying thing, I doubt Martial would have scored as many goals playing wingback for us.

Seeming more and more that it is the way we use players rather than just buying crap players that's the problem.

Quick Reply