Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

Mignolet
      2 (2.6%)
      Can
      3 (3.9%)
      Skrtel
      0 (0%)
      Sakho
      2 (2.6%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      2 (2.6%)
      Allen
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Gerrard
      49 (64.5%)
      Lallana
      3 (3.9%)
      Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Ibe
      13 (17.1%)
      Lambert
      1 (1.3%)
      Toure
      1 (1.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Stoke 6:1 Liverpool, In game and post match post mortem

Read 76636 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Stoke 6:1 Liverpool, In game and post match post mortem
      Reply #529: May 24, 2015 06:05:47 pm
      Remember SoaG - only Walton has the authority and the right to say what goes because he was there in the old days you know. (Did he mention that to you by the way...I know he can be very modest)

There's a class division Walton and Billy like to build here - the old timers and then the nobodies. They will talk DOWN to us, but we shall never talk UP to them.

here we go the usual crap playing the vicitm again. You and the rest of your cabal have just witnessed the results of your vision of this club and you dare to even question our experience or loyalty to the club. Try again but this time use the smilies in your reply.You chose to try and make snide personal remarks whe all you should be concerned about the team that has just lost 6-1 nice.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #530: May 24, 2015 06:10:53 pm
      here we go the usual crap playing the vicitm again. You and the rest of your cabal have just witnessed the results of your vision of this club and you dare to even question our experience or loyalty to the club. Try again but this time use the smilies in your reply.You chose to try and make snide personal remarks whe all you should be concerned about the team that has just lost 6-1 nice.

No. I just don't think I or anyone else here should hold your word as gospel when some of us realise that we're dealing with 21st century football.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #531: May 24, 2015 06:14:19 pm
      Remember SoaG - only Walton has the authority and the right to say what goes because he was there in the old days you know. (Did he mention that to you by the way...I know he can be very modest)

There's a class division Walton and Billy like to build here - the old timers and then the nobodies. They will talk DOWN to us, but we shall never talk UP to them.

That's not really true now is it? They're both passionate fans whov'e had the good fortune to see their beloved Liverpool for longer than most of us. They've seen plenty of good times, along with the bad and as far as I'm concerned are well within their rights to voice their opinions. This is from a forty something supporter that has also seen the good and the bad. I agree. I wouldn't trust Brendan Rodgers to spend any more of Liverpools money.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #532: May 24, 2015 06:14:41 pm
      No. I just don't think I or anyone else here should hold your word as gospel when some of us realise that we're dealing with 21st century football.

I dont believe I have any more right to support this club better or worse than anyone else but some people think football is a new game it isnt at the heart of it  truth and honesty  we have been kidding ourselves these last few years.
      Being a smartarse after we have just been twatted 6-1 says it all.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #533: May 24, 2015 06:16:48 pm
      That's not really true now is it? They're both passionate fans whov'e had the good fortune to see their beloved Liverpool for longer than most of us. They've seen plenty of good times, along with the bad and as far as I'm concerned are well within their rights to voice their opinions. This is from a forty something supporter that has also seen the good and the bad. I agree. I wouldn't trust Brendan Rodgers to spend any more of Liverpools money.

they have an agenda and a jealousy because we back up our comments from personal experience and dont buy into all the hype you know the sort that mentioned Brendan in the same light as Bill shankly.
      We have built in bullshit meters and these last 3 years the alarm has been going off a lot.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #534: May 24, 2015 06:17:24 pm
      are you old enough to have been around Shankly's era or just read about him.He was a ruthless man ,he was a winner he had no time for being flash or smart he wouldnt have given Brendan the time of day. The club comes first .Managers these days come and go.
      He would have walked as soon as FSG bought the club or even before when H&G took over.

Oh here we go.

The self-entitlement of older fans knowing better.... Jesus christ.

I bow to your superior wisdom.... I am not as worthy towards Liverpool.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #535: May 24, 2015 06:20:10 pm
      Oh here we go.

The self-entitlement of older fans knowing better.... Jesus christ.

I bow to your superior wisdom.... I am not as worthy towards Liverpool.

you mean first hand experience over reading a book about it.Stop trying to derail the topic.We have just been twatted 6-1 the fact you want to start a bi*ch fest says a lot.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #536: May 24, 2015 06:34:56 pm
      Right now, Liverpool are in a very bad place and it's going to take something very special,ie. A top manager coming in WITH top players at his disposal to stop the rot.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #537: May 24, 2015 06:35:32 pm
      you mean first hand experience over reading a book about it.Stop trying to derail the topic.We have just been twatted 6-1 the fact you want to start a bi*ch fest says a lot.

First hand experience? So you knew the guy did you?

I've had plenty of folk tell me about how great a manager Shankly was, and how great a man Shankly was. And likewise, some older supporters would agree with me - Shankly would be appalled at the way some 'fans' treat Brendan Rodgers OUR MANAGER.

And get this - none of us younger fans 'compared him to Shankly'. One crappy photoshopped picture of Brendan looking up to the skies does not make us all brainwashed into believing he is the next Shankly.

But as a younger supporter, we have seen f**k all in our lives compared to you and we've been fu**ed over by ticket prices and the globalisation of the modern sport, never getting to experience the full joys of what football meant back in the day. Perhaps YOU have to understand why we respect Brendan so much because - for a start, whether you like it or not pal - he made many younger folk like myself BELIEVE in this club last season, and give us hope. And f**k all this 'it was all Suarez', at the end of the day, he was getting us to play the fearless, blitzkrieg style football of what we all wanted.

I will always respect him for that, and I will not be told be apparent wise folk like yourself that he is a sh*t stirrer and a f**k up of a human being, the way you and your cronies like to portray the man.

If he leaves, he leaves. But take a leaf out of other folk who want him sacked but have the grace and dignity to give the man respect. That is the Liverpool Way (or is that just empty words?). Because if the Liverpool Way was just about winning and no respect for our fellow man, well, christ, we might as well go and support Chelsea. If results are poor, managers have to leave, but if they can go about their jobs with dignity and respect for us fans and the club, I think it is only right I give that back to a man who puts his whole life into the club while being paid less than some prima donna footballers (most of whom couldn't give a toss about the club). It's a case of 'it's time to leave, but thank you so much for your effort'. Not the shameful masturbatory glee some fools here take pleasure if/when he is sacked.

I think to be told by older men who should know better that Rodgers deserves no respect is absolutely disgraceful.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #538: May 24, 2015 06:37:10 pm

You are right mate. I started watching the reds when SIR BOB  was the manager. I have watched truly great teams , managed by truly great managers. But through all that success, LIVERPOOL were always ruthless in maintaining that success. When great players were passed there best , they were gone. Ego's and past reputation never ever came into the decision making for the continued success of the club. THIS is what made us the most feared and respected club in europe.
      BOB PAISLEY was an  utterley ruthless competitor. Some actually seem to think he was some kind of affable grandad , but nothing is further from the truth.
      Now i am not going to tell younger supporters i know more than them about football. But the older supporters were spoilt for decades with sheer excellence. They have witnessed great players and managers and ,(IMO) can spot an inferior player and manager.

When we where great, it was never easy. Our managers and players found a way to win because they had a winners attitude. They would not accept defeat. After watching this philosophy for such a long period , it has been hard to accept the utter mediocrity of the last couple of decades.
      I have never, ever had any faith in Rodgers , as he is not up to the job. Also when i read about a player like Henderson ( who is an awful footballer in my opinion) being talked about as our next captain , it makes me sick.
      We need change , soon.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #539: May 24, 2015 06:57:18 pm
      We can all argue til were blue in the face about BR, the simple fact is he works better when he has quality players like Suarez, Gerrard, Agger, Sturridge firing on all cylinders, we no longer have that quality and that has been BR's downfall ,

I feel for him because of the restrictions put upon him by FSG and not being able to replace said quality ,
      However , he has made far to many mistakes now for me and failed to right the wrongs of his stubbornness ,
      Constantly playing players out of position and expecting them to perform at their optimum is a non starter,
      FSG are not the ambitious owners they claim to be with all their rhetoric bullshit.

Paying peanuts produces monkeys and that is the problem, we cannot expect any manager to work successfully under these conditions whether it be Brendan Rodgers, Klopp, or whoever,

Brendan has to fall on his sword, leave LFC and move on, he gave it his best shot and for that he deserves respect, he does not deserve the abuse you would expect from the likes of chav fans give out,
      We're better than that.

YNWA
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #540: May 24, 2015 06:59:28 pm
      I didn't expect any inch of dignity from the clown, he should have resigned after this match, but he knows that if he's sacked he will receive a hefty compensation, he wants the money.

littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #541: May 24, 2015 07:02:05 pm
      First hand experience? So you knew the guy did you?

I've had plenty of folk tell me about how great a manager Shankly was, and how great a man Shankly was. And likewise, some older supporters would agree with me - Shankly would be appalled at the way some 'fans' treat Brendan Rodgers OUR MANAGER.

And get this - none of us younger fans 'compared him to Shankly'. One crappy photoshopped picture of Brendan looking up to the skies does not make us all brainwashed into believing he is the next Shankly.

But as a younger supporter, we have seen f**k all in our lives compared to you and we've been fu**ed over by ticket prices and the globalisation of the modern sport, never getting to experience the full joys of what football meant back in the day. Perhaps YOU have to understand why we respect Brendan so much because - for a start, whether you like it or not pal - he made many younger folk like myself BELIEVE in this club last season, and give us hope. And f**k all this 'it was all Suarez', at the end of the day, he was getting us to play the fearless, blitzkrieg style football of what we all wanted.

I will always respect him for that, and I will not be told be apparent wise folk like yourself that he is a sh*t stirrer and a f**k up of a human being, the way you and your cronies like to portray the man.

If he leaves, he leaves. But take a leaf out of other folk who want him sacked but have the grace and dignity to give the man respect. That is the Liverpool Way (or is that just empty words?). Because if the Liverpool Way was just about winning and no respect for our fellow man, well, christ, we might as well go and support Chelsea. If results are poor, managers have to leave, but if they can go about their jobs with dignity and respect for us fans and the club, I think it is only right I give that back to a man who puts his whole life into the club while being paid less than some prima donna footballers (most of whom couldn't give a toss about the club). It's a case of 'it's time to leave, but thank you so much for your effort'. Not the shameful masturbatory glee some fools here take pleasure if/when he is sacked.

I think to be told by older men who should know better that Rodgers deserves no respect is absolutely disgraceful.
      I have to agree with you on not being abusive or cruel to Rodgers, but some people are upset and just shoot off the hip.  Now i am one of the older supporters who does believe that last season was all down to Suarez, i have seen nothing what so ever this season to change my mind.
      Rodgers has been a failure, last season , there was a sliver of excellent football, a sliver.
      Football is about the whole team, not just 3 players. Suarez, Stuurridge and coutinho. We where in no shape or form , an excellent team last season. The defence was a joke, the midfield was poor. The 3 players i mentioned were excellent, but the football in the first half of the season was poor.
      When i hear people say we played the best attacking football in europe, i laugh out loud. The front of the team was very good , but the rest was a joke in the standards of football older fans have seen in earlier years.
      We now have a poor team and a poor manager, that is why we need to change, not only the football side, but fans accepting mediocrity for long periods.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 631 posts | 61 
      Reply #542: May 24, 2015 07:10:11 pm
      Not seen the match,but reading through the posts,we deserved what we got,enough is enough,he has to go,gutted for Stevie.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #543: May 24, 2015 07:10:37 pm
      I didn't expect any inch of dignity from the clown, he should have resigned after this match, but he knows that if he's sacked he will receive a hefty compensation, he wants the money.

Then knowing the owners, he probably wouldn't be sacked. Unless they can find another at half of BR's wages. It's still about money.
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #544: May 24, 2015 07:23:48 pm
      Been out all afternoon, but managed to get internet access at half time! I've never been so shocked to see one of our results, 5-0 at half time to flaming Hull!
      Never in my wildest nightmares did I think that we'd get slaughtered by Stoke!
      It's going to be a very long Summer, I've not felt this bad since H&G, I never thought that would be possible!
      FSG need to make their decisions quickly, we cannot afford to let this drift. If Brendan is going, they need to do it quickly with some dignity, if not then spell out to the fans how things are going to change. Because they need to be in NO doubt that things have to change, We will get left behind, if we do not change the way we operate, of that there is no doubt
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #545: May 24, 2015 07:23:51 pm
      Losing 6-1 to Stoke is an embarrassment and should bring a sacking on it's own.

The decline of our team since the cup semi final has been shocking and I certainly have no faith left that the manager is the man to take us forward.

We have lost another team our squad should be beating in their sleep and either Brendan cannot motivate his players or they don't but into him anymore as there can be no other explanation for such a collapse.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,379 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #546: May 24, 2015 07:47:00 pm
      Disgraceful and disgusting, can't believe there's a poll for man of the match. 6 1 at Stoke. Shameful

There'll be fingers pointed at certain players and the manager and the owners. Quite frankly fook them all they should never be allowed near the club again

Spineless gutless c**ts to a man.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #547: May 24, 2015 07:49:09 pm
      Disgraceful and disgusting, can't believe there's a poll for man of the match. 6 1 at Stoke. Shameful

There'll be fingers pointed at certain players and the manager and the owners. Quite frankly fook them all they should never be allowed near the club again

Spineless gutless c**ts to a man.

Spineless gutless c**t of a man-ager.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,379 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #548: May 24, 2015 07:51:51 pm
      Spineless gutless c**t of a man-ager.

As I said to a man.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #549: May 24, 2015 07:57:10 pm
      Not seen the match,but reading through the posts,we deserved what we got,enough is enough,he has to go,gutted for Stevie.

Gutted for Stevie.

Gutted Stevie had to have the bad luck to be inflicted with this joke of a manager for the last year of his career.
      (Didnt mention end of last season)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #550: May 24, 2015 07:58:01 pm
      Appalling team performance.  Appalling season. 8 points from 9 games is dead-cert to get relegated form.  That might be something to wake Fenway up to some new ideas because then they really will be fu**ed.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #551: May 24, 2015 07:59:25 pm
      i don't know where to start with this ball of sh*t comment of yours . One quality signing and a few quality loan signings , give yer head a wobble soft lad will ya .
      In an ideal world we (LFC) would go out and make three or four world class signs. But this is not a "Ideal World" so tell me who should me sign, and who realistic would come " hence the reason I suggested "One quality signing and a few quality loan signings" Everyone that has real quality Liverpool has been linked with this season has gone elsewhere and one (Depay) ran away so fast that he has already sign for Man Utd even before the window has opened, so I will repeat it again

"In an ideal world we (LFC) would go out and make three or four world class signs. But this is not a "Ideal World" so tell me who should me sign, and who realistic would come"

Quick Reply