Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Eduardo Salvio - Benfica

Read 7394 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,403 posts | 6409 
      Re: Eduardo Salvio - Benfica
      Reply #46: May 27, 2015 06:33:55 pm
      I'm saying it's easy PR to say we're in for a guy we can never actually buy.

'We tried but' has been the opening words of how many of our transfer debacles now?

The list is getting ridiculous.

So do I believe our interest in this lad was disingenuous? Based on past experience, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

That's what I'm saying....if that's the case then our TC is doing more work finding guys we can't sign than actually finding people we CAN sign.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #47: May 27, 2015 06:36:12 pm
      Oh come on mate.
      It states clearly that his second and most recent knee injury wasn't thought to be serious at first, and we didn't pull out until it became clear the injury was worse than first feared.

It does nobody credit when lies of omission are used in pursuit of an agenda.

I have no problems with people being wary of our transfer dealing, but when we start getting into half truth territory, I switch off and no longer take a poster seriously, and you deserve better than that as you usually post good stuff.

It does Swab but if you look above there's lads that say he took 5 minutes just to be stretchered off.

Maybe I've just been battered into submission by our overwhelming incompetence but as soon as I read the title I thought "no chance we're signing him" and then the next time I'm in here the deal is off, it just fits our current m.o. too well for me not to be suspicious of it.

I'll happily admit that it's just as likely we were never interested in him at all but right now I get the overwhelming feeling we're all being strung along for the ride and I'm not a happy passenger.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #48: May 27, 2015 06:52:35 pm
      It does Swab but if you look above there's lads that say he took 5 minutes just to be stretchered off.

Maybe I've just been battered into submission by our overwhelming incompetence but as soon as I read the title I thought "no chance we're signing him" and then the next time I'm in here the deal is off, it just fits our current m.o. too well for me not to be suspicious of it.

I'll happily admit that it's just as likely we were never interested in him at all but right now I get the overwhelming feeling we're all being strung along for the ride and I'm not a happy passenger.

It's understandable that people have issues especially after the Stoke debacle, but I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing.
      I've seen enough from the new players, bar one exception, to think that first season syndrome is the problem, not the coach or (most of) the players.
      I'm also sure the problem is not one of money. We spent plenty and offered Sanchez more wages than Arsenal, which says to me that we WILL offer higher wages when the situation merits it, especially when you add in the Suarez deal and other players who have had improved contracts.
      I've no doubt a few more players will be gone this summer, and whilst this might have been an interesting signing, I don't think it was ever really the top priority.

Then we have the usual madness about transfers where seemingly sensible people suddenly believe every rumour the rags throw out there, and I'd bet that not 1 in 20 contain even a shred of truth.

For what it's worth, I think people will be surprised by our signings.
      I don't expect the household names that many get so hung up on, but I do expect us to sign more "ready made" players, in the mid 20's age group, as I said many months ago in a conversation with Reddebs.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #49: May 27, 2015 07:14:46 pm
      It's understandable that people have issues especially after the Stoke debacle, but I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing.
      I've seen enough from the new players, bar one exception, to think that first season syndrome is the problem, not the coach or (most of) the players.
      I'm also sure the problem is not one of money. We spent plenty and offered Sanchez more wages than Arsenal, which says to me that we WILL offer higher wages when the situation merits it, especially when you add in the Suarez deal and other players who have had improved contracts.
      I've no doubt a few more players will be gone this summer, and whilst this might have been an interesting signing, I don't think it was ever really the top priority.

Then we have the usual madness about transfers where seemingly sensible people suddenly believe every rumour the rags throw out there, and I'd bet that not 1 in 20 contain even a shred of truth.

For what it's worth, I think people will be surprised by our signings.
      I don't expect the household names that many get so hung up on, but I do expect us to sign more "ready made" players, in the mid 20's age group, as I said many months ago in a conversation with Reddebs.

All I can really say to that Swab is I hope you're right and I'm wrong, I really do.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #50: May 27, 2015 07:17:33 pm
      All I can really say to that Swab is I hope you're right and I'm wrong, I really do.

Again, I completely understand why people are feeling this way.
      For many it was an incredibly disappointing season, especially given what we saw the season before, so I know why people are feeling so down. I just try and find the positives, that's all.

Quick Reply