Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton) - SIGNED by LFC

Read 60692 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Re: Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton)
      Reply #345: Jun 25, 2015 11:36:28 am
      Somebody find out what Ayre is on I could do with a spoonful.

But seriously a great signing, first one who is a major upgrade on what we have.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #346: Jun 25, 2015 11:38:45 am

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #347: Jun 25, 2015 11:46:58 am
      bit off topic:

Was just lurking in saints forum. God, they speak alot of bullshitt. I know we sometime moan that this forum has turned to filth, but i lurk alot at other forums and i can assure you that this forum is pretty decent place to be.
      If we thought we have some bad apples here, take a look at other forums.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #348: Jun 25, 2015 11:49:17 am
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #349: Jun 25, 2015 11:49:31 am

But seriously a great signing, first one who is a major upgrade on what we have.

I'm guessing the only role Ayre is playing is being sent to sign the paperwork and make sure he's brought his best cardigan for the photo.

There has to be someone else involved on getting these deals done so swiftly be that Gordon, Fallows or someone behind the scenes we don't know about.

On Clyne great news.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #350: Jun 25, 2015 11:53:52 am
      I'm guessing the only role Ayre is playing is being sent to sign the paperwork and make sure he's brought his best cardigan for the photo.

There has to be someone else involved on getting these deals done so swiftly be that Gordon, Fallows or someone behind the scenes we don't know about.

On Clynr great news.

Your probably right but all this competence is slightly unnerving!

fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #351: Jun 25, 2015 11:54:13 am

On Clynr great news.

Give the man some credit when he deserves it. Yes, he has made mistakes in previous transfer windows, but it's clear that he is contributing to these transfers, most of which are excellent in my opinion.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #352: Jun 25, 2015 11:56:04 am

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 24s25 seconds ago

Nathaniel Clyne set to sign a five-year contract at Anfield. Medical likely to be next week when he has returned from holiday.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #353: Jun 25, 2015 12:01:08 pm
      Rumors that we'll either sell Wisdom (doesn't really make sense after signing a contract) or cut short Manquillo's loan (who interests Benfica)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #354: Jun 25, 2015 12:02:34 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #355: Jun 25, 2015 12:02:55 pm
      Give the man some credit when he deserves it. Yes, he has made mistakes in previous transfer windows, but it's clear that he is contributing to these transfers, most of which are excellent in my opinion.

I'm not sure how its clear?

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #356: Jun 25, 2015 12:06:54 pm
      Clyne and Firmino? I'm about to explode.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #357: Jun 25, 2015 12:07:38 pm
      Woohooo, this is another great signing, for arguably one of the biggest gaps we had in the squad.

A 20+ goal a year striker and a right back if we're lucky and this will have been a great window already.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #358: Jun 25, 2015 12:10:42 pm

We have signed six players and it's not yet July, I would suggest that shows something...

My main point was that fans and supporters are so quick to jump on people when things go badly and rarely give them credit when they actually do some good.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #359: Jun 25, 2015 12:12:07 pm
      12:10
      CLYNE MOVE IMMINENT?

More now on Nathaniel Clyne's possible move to Liverpool, which is very close according to the bookies as betting has been suspended.

There was a strong amount of betting on the full-back moving to Anfield, with odds as short as 1/8 taken by some punters.

Their initial £10m bid was rejected but the betting market is suggesting the 24-year-old is soon to be out the door at St Mary's.

Sky Sports still not mentioning the accepted offer of 12.5m :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #360: Jun 25, 2015 12:13:31 pm
      We have signed six players and it's not yet July, I would suggest that shows something...

My main point was that fans and supporters are so quick to jump on people when things go badly and rarely give them credit when they actually do some good.

Signing six players in no what whatsoever makes it clear that Ayre is in control of getting the deals done.

It just means we've signed six players.

He may well be in control and turned over a new leaf but it could equally mean someone else is getting the deals done.
      Aspi
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #361: Jun 25, 2015 12:30:25 pm
      Always someone to ruin the fun (off bbc sport)....

12:21

Nathaniel Clyde
      Getty Images
      There's a lot of noise around a deal between Liverpool and Southampton for right-back Nathaniel Clyne.

BBC Sport have been told that reports of a £12.5m bid being accepted are premature and that any agreement remains some way off.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #362: Jun 25, 2015 12:33:29 pm
      I'm still worried that UTD might come in last min. Been reading Southampton forums, and a lot of them say he's waiting for a UTD offer to come in as that would be his favoured destination.

Won't celebrate just yet until something official has been confirmed by us!
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #363: Jun 25, 2015 12:43:10 pm
      Signing six players in no what whatsoever makes it clear that Ayre is in control of getting the deals done.

It just means we've signed six players.

He may well be in control and turned over a new leaf but it could equally mean someone else is getting the deals done.

I understand what you're saying. However if you give him no praise for these deals being successfully completed, I find it then difficult to blame him for previous deals falling through. I just think it has to work both ways, that's all.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #364: Jun 25, 2015 12:52:05 pm
      I understand what you're saying. However if you give him no praise for these deals being successfully completed, I find it then difficult to blame him for previous deals falling through. I just think it has to work both ways, that's all.

Not if we find out someone else has been involved in these deals.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #365: Jun 25, 2015 01:04:28 pm
      Not if we find out someone else has been involved in these deals.

I see where you're coming from here mate, and if I'm right you're thinking DoF?

Until we hear something along those lines, I'm taking the view that Ayre has been told to be less rigid and pull his finger out to get the job done.
      I've always seen him as someone promoted beyond his abilities, and that he has been unsure to push the boundaries of his remit.
      In other words, to protect his position, he became a bit of a jobsworth.
      Of course this doesn't excuse FSG if we assume that the much talked about "restrictions" have pushed Ayre in that direction, but I suspect it's something we'll never know unless he writes a book.

What I find intriguing is that it appears he wasn't part of the team that was sent out there, and only flew out to conclude the deal, Which says to me that he's either hellishly busy (I'd take that as a good sign) or we will see something of a structural change in how we do business.
      I'd love to know if Mike Gordon was/is involved, because that would give me a whole new perspective.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #366: Jun 25, 2015 01:04:39 pm
      Get this one sorted and so far that will be a REALLY good window. My inner glow is warming up to the prospect of us doing well next season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #367: Jun 25, 2015 01:15:00 pm
      I see where you're coming from here mate, and if I'm right you're thinking DoF?

Until we hear something along those lines, I'm taking the view that Ayre has been told to be less rigid and pull his finger out to get the job done.
      I've always seen him as someone promoted beyond his abilities, and that he has been unsure to push the boundaries of his remit.
      In other words, to protect his position, he became a bit of a jobsworth.
      Of course this doesn't excuse FSG if we assume that the much talked about "restrictions" have pushed Ayre in that direction, but I suspect it's something we'll never know unless he writes a book.

What I find intriguing is that it appears he wasn't part of the team that was sent out there, and only flew out to conclude the deal, Which says to me that he's either hellishly busy (I'd take that as a good sign) or we will see something of a structural change in how we do business.
      I'd love to know if Mike Gordon was/is involved, because that would give me a whole new perspective.

It could well just be that Ayre has got his finger out and suddenly become good at his job.

I'm not convinced and I did see someone post on Twitter, how true it is is another matter, that Gordon and Fallows are doing the deals and Ayre is just signing them off.

Could be some truth in that as it was said that the club had people in Chile before Ayre arrived.

Quick Reply