Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 7th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Imagine a ban on foreigners? (even the Scots)

Read 1629 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Imagine a ban on foreigners? (even the Scots)
      Oct 27, 2007 04:38:03 pm
      How do you think we would get on with our all English line up from the current squad

Martin

Threlfall - Carragher - Hobbs - Darby

Pennant - Gerrard - Spearing - Putterill

Crouch - Lindfield

Also we could recall some of our Englishmen on loan: Scott Carson, Paul Anderson, Lee Peltier, Danny Guthrie

I reckon Rafa plays our English side against Cardiff!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,349 posts | 4968 
      Re: Imagine a ban on foreigners? (even the Scots)
      Reply #1: Oct 27, 2007 07:08:31 pm
      I think that side would do well against Cardiff JD. Before the season I was hoping Rafa would use a lot more of these players in the Carling Cup to give them more experience at a higher level than reserve team football. I have seen a lot more reserve football since LFC TV started and have been really impressed with Jay Spearing in particular.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #2: Oct 27, 2007 07:09:31 pm
      I think the FA should introduce this rule as a one off tomorrow, we'll stuff Arsenal cos they'll only have Walcott against 11 men ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Oct 27, 2007 08:07:19 pm
      I think the FA should introduce this rule as a one off tomorrow, we'll stuff Arsenal cos they'll only have Walcott against 11 men ;D

Like your thinking Eddie ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #4: Oct 29, 2007 10:00:02 pm
      Agree with an earlier post.  Would like to see Jay Spearing play on Wednesday.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Oct 29, 2007 11:04:47 pm
      Does anyone know when they scrapped the rule of only allowing so many foreigners to play? And does that include for me, English, Irish and Scots aswell as Spanish etc? Cos that is mental. UK shouldn't be classed as foreigners IMO.

Watching the game on Sunday lots of Arse fans around me, when Theo came on they all cheered and when they quietened down I was like "weyyyy, the only British player at Arsenal" and someone goes "shut up, half of Liverpool's team is Spanish" and I was like "yeah, half, not all but one!" .. he shut up then :D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #6: Oct 30, 2007 10:30:02 am
      I think the League Cup should be sponsored by the Bank of England and have it called the English League Cup... where only English men could play - that would create loads of problems up and down the country...

Would Cardiff be allowed to play in it?

Always bemused by that one...

Did you know that when players (like Robbie) move to/from Cardiff back to a team in England they have to apply for international clearance from the FA. Truly ridiculous...but fact.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Oct 30, 2007 03:41:40 pm
      Well we are in the English league so should be allowed.. but I don't know.

Yep I know, when we sold someone to, I think Wimbledon, but don't quote me, he didn't get international clearance and they got a huge fine and docked lotsa points, but they appealed and only had about -3 points in the end. Still a bit drastic though it's only over the bridge like!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: Oct 30, 2007 04:11:23 pm
      Yep I know, when we sold someone to, I think Wimbledon, but don't quote me, he didn't get international clearance and they got a huge fine and docked lotsa points, but they appealed and only had about -3 points in the end. Still a bit drastic though it's only over the bridge like!

You're right Nic it was AFC Wimbledon, I posted the petition against the points deduction in The Arkles a while back.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #9: Oct 30, 2007 04:50:51 pm
      You're right Nic it was AFC Wimbledon, I posted the petition against the points deduction in The Arkles a while back.

Jermaine Darlington case. Even Tony Bliar said it was madness during PM questions...

AFC Wimbledon from worst supported prem league team in the nation, to the best supported non-league club in the nation... hope to see them rising up through the divisions again - how the whole MK thing was allowed, I will never know.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Oct 30, 2007 05:00:19 pm

I take it that spelling mistake was deliberate :D :D :D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Oct 30, 2007 09:08:11 pm
      Wohooo I was right hehe. Yeah I remember signing it now cheers Eddie ;)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #12: Oct 30, 2007 09:09:22 pm
      I take it that spelling mistake was deliberate :D :D :D

Very.

Quick Reply