Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

James Milner Player Thread (M) (Liverpool > Brighton & HA)

Read 207579 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Re: James Milner Player Thread
      Reply #1357: Feb 15, 2022 07:15:22 pm
      If Klopp wants him to stay it won’t be because of sentiment it will because he still sees his worth in the squad

Exactly - he’s obviously adding value.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #1358: Feb 15, 2022 07:37:32 pm
      Personally I wouldn’t extend it - don’t think he adds anything on the pitch anymore but he obviously is a great influence in training and off the pitch and Jürgen holds him in high esteem.

I’d be looking to refresh the midfield come summer with Millie, Ox and Keita out the door and some incomings. Rarely works that way though and tends to happen gradually over time but I’d think this summer was a natural end point for Milner.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1359: Feb 15, 2022 07:50:39 pm
      Personally I wouldn’t extend it - don’t think he adds anything on the pitch anymore but he obviously is a great influence in training and off the pitch and Jürgen holds him in high esteem.

I’d be looking to refresh the midfield come summer with Millie, Ox and Keita out the door and some incomings. Rarely works that way though and tends to happen gradually over time but I’d think this summer was a natural end point for Milner.

Exactly my thoughts but apparently I’m not allowed to say it coz I’m a manc  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1360: Feb 15, 2022 08:10:21 pm
      They need to your midfield is on the edge of survival for keeping up with championship rivals City &  Chavs.

Absolute nonsense.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1361: Feb 15, 2022 08:18:21 pm

Well there’s a thread called Malfunctioning Midfield currently been brought back to life so some fans think so.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1362: Feb 15, 2022 08:21:47 pm
      Well there’s a thread called Malfunctioning Midfield currently been brought back to life so some fans think so.

I think we need a bit of a refresh but to say it's on the edge of survival is pure hyperbole.

One quality addition in the summer leaves us where I think we should be in midfield.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1363: Feb 15, 2022 08:23:33 pm
      I think we need a bit of a refresh but to say it's on the edge of survival is pure hyperbole.

One quality addition in the summer leaves us where I think we should be in midfield.

No probs Si time will tell.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1364: Feb 15, 2022 08:26:50 pm

We had a sticky spell in the New Year when the balance and control in midfield was missing but now that the full squad is back our midfield selections are as good as any in the league.

Thiago
      Fabinho
      Keita
      Henderson
      Elliott
      Jones
      Milner
      Chamberlain

Name a squad with better than that? I think you'll struggle mate
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #1365: Feb 15, 2022 08:29:46 pm

That’s what I think mate - one quality addition who will play regularly and maybe someone who can act as cover. And the ones I’ve said need to go realistically are offering us a handful of games a season, if Keita could stay fit he’d be class but I just don’t see that happening.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1366: Feb 15, 2022 08:37:33 pm
      We had a sticky spell in the New Year when the balance and control in midfield was missing but now that the full squad is back our midfield selections are as good as any in the league.

Thiago
      Fabinho
      Keita
      Henderson
      Elliott
      Jones
      Milner
      Chamberlain

Name a squad with better than that? I think you'll struggle mate

Watching match and would take time. However, I’ll comment on the ones you state.

Thiago is ok.
      Fabinho very good.
      Keita average
      Henderson past his best now.
      Elliott improving
      Jones improving
      Milner well past his best and will only ever be a bench player now.
      Chamberlain bang average even before his injury, never rated him.

Doesn’t exactly stand out for me Si. You need minimum two midfielders come summer window.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1367: Feb 15, 2022 08:43:07 pm
      Watching match and would take time. However, I’ll comment on the ones you state.

Forgot you lot are playing.

To be honest I've never had an issue with you posting on here and enjoy the chats but it's a bit bizarre you posting in here while your team is playing at the moment.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1368: Feb 15, 2022 08:45:31 pm
      Forgot you lot are playing.

To be honest I've never had an issue with you posting on here and enjoy the chats but it's a bit bizarre you posting in here while your team is playing at the moment.

Then stop mithering and let me watch match.  ;D I’m just being polite and answering when I can.  :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1369: Feb 15, 2022 10:44:23 pm
      Loved James for a long time but I always worry when he comes on as a late sub, he can give away some silly and dangerous free kicks at times...but...

If Jürgen wants him, who are we to argue?

Personally, I think we need to free up the spot for a top class attacking mid.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1370: Feb 15, 2022 10:46:24 pm
      Loved James for a long time but I always worry when he comes on as a late sub, he can give away some silly and dangerous free kicks at times...but...

If Jürgen wants him, who are we to argue?

Personally, I think we need to free up the spot for a top class attacking mid.

See when you don’t smoke that  :cool-smiley-027: sh*te you can talk some sense  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      Reply #1371: Feb 15, 2022 10:49:15 pm
      See when you don’t smoke that  :cool-smiley-027: sh*te you can talk some sense  :lmao:

Mate, it's 9.48am been at work nearly 2 hours and I'm 4 cones in to my day, wtf are you talking about?  :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1372: Feb 15, 2022 11:15:25 pm
      Mate, it's 9.48am been at work nearly 2 hours and I'm 4 cones in to my day, wtf are you talking about?  :lmao:

I guess 1 cone for brekkie, 2 for taking a dump, 3rd for getting dressed & 4th for clocking into work.. 😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      Reply #1373: Feb 15, 2022 11:33:39 pm
      I guess 1 cone for brekkie, 2 for taking a dump, 3rd for getting dressed & 4th for clocking into work.. 😂

I don't have a routine mate  :lmao:

and it's always 2 in a row...1 is never enough!

6 now  ... :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1374: Feb 16, 2022 02:55:33 am

I don't have a routine mate  :lmao:

and it's always 2 in a row...1 is never enough!

6 now  ... :D

Cones? Brekkie? Dump? 2 in a row? All that talk above my pay grade lads  :lmao: Do I need some  :cool-smiley-027: to speak this language  :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      Reply #1375: Feb 16, 2022 03:24:20 am
      Cones? Brekkie? Dump? 2 in a row? All that talk above my pay grade lads  :lmao: Do I need some  :cool-smiley-027: to speak this language  :D

Cones= Bongs  Brekkie = Breakfast and Dump = taking a sh*t

No, you don't need any weed to understand Manker, you just need to be less stupid then you are.  :lmao:   Easier said then done, I know! ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1376: Feb 16, 2022 09:08:07 am
      Ridiculous decision need to move on as a club - too much loyalty to a bit part player who only contributes by clattering into opposition players and giving away free kicks.

We already have Hendo, VVD etc for experience at the club.

Are we has football fans not complaining that there is not enough loyality these days. ? ;D

Im glad hes sticking around, his playing time is already diminished, and I cant see him playing an awful lot next season, but having the guy around showing the young lads what a real pro is like, and him taking his coaching badges too, he will more than likely be a player/coach by end of next season.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1377: Feb 16, 2022 01:36:05 pm
      Makes sense to me as I can see Oxlade-Chamberlain and Keita moving on the summer and with Jones staking his claim and possibly Morton fighting for more minutes next season. Also think this is an area we'll buy someone in as well.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1378: Feb 16, 2022 01:40:06 pm
      1 more year means 1 more year less game time for a Morton to aid development.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #1379: Feb 16, 2022 01:52:26 pm
      1 more year means 1 more year less game time for a Morton to aid development.

That is basically my take on it. That Milner takes Morton's spot in the squad.

Quick Reply