Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Colin Pascoe sacked

Read 66688 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Colin Pascoe sacked
      Reply #322: Jun 07, 2015 05:54:08 pm
      [apart from the fact the lad is a troll] Isn't that the point?

If he believes 1: That "a top manager would quit" and 2: Brendan isn't a top manager.

Then why, in the name of sweet f**k, would he say Brendan should quit because that's what top managers do?  :dunce2:

To show he is more a top manager than a small coach. All I'm pointing out Bubby is that in his definition a top manager would quit a small coach would stay, basically your move next Brendan, which are you? in saying he should quit he is giving him the advice to be a top manager rather than a small coach.

While I don't agree with the defining characteristics of a small coach / top manager, if he does then I can at least see what he means.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #323: Jun 07, 2015 05:57:04 pm
      Aye there is a reason why they call us 'most knowledgeable' supporters yah know ;)

We know our sh*t bruh!.

You speak the truth bro.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #324: Jun 07, 2015 05:58:11 pm
      I will reiterate, the is prepared to work under such constraints and that is why he is still in situ.
      BR had the choice either work under a DoF or TC.
      He was given no alternative.

After recent events I don't think Brendan has any alternative but to work under a DOF, it is my belief that it's part of why he's still manager, I think this was put to him during the meeting with Werner & co, I think discussions obviously involved the direction in which the owners want to see the club going, they were clearly not happy with the input of Marsh & Pascoe hence them being relieved of their duties,

I think BR had a lot to say as regards to which players he wants to bring in so long as he worked with a new coach(es) and would be overseen by a DOF,
      If it's confirmed Paco comes back then it's a move in the right direction for me, but I'd like to see someone like Sammy there too,

It remains to be seen whether a DOF does come in but whatever happens the owners will expect top 4 at least, Brendan will be a goner if we don't, and perhaps the immediate replacement is Paco hence his installation from the start of this season coming,

I guess the summer signings will tell us more if indeed BR gets who he wants.

YNWA

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #325: Jun 07, 2015 06:25:54 pm
      To show he is more a top manager than a small coach. All I'm pointing out Bubby is that in his definition a top manager would quit a small coach would stay
      But we have already established that neither of you rate Brendan as a top manager and I know you are not saying that if he quit tomorrow he'd somehow become a top manager.

So "his definition" is, at best moot and at worst, pure trolling sh*te.

I'm going to leave it there Luke. 

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #326: Jun 07, 2015 06:30:05 pm
      But we have already established that neither of you rate Brendan as a top manager and I know you are not saying that if he quit tomorrow he'd somehow become a top manager.

No I'm certainly not saying that, I think he'd struggle getting another job near our level (as a club). I would give him credit for loyalty though, as I would if it emerged that he suggested Colin and Mike should be shown the door, rather than what I actually believe is more likely.

So " his definition" is moot, at best and pure trolling sh*te, at worst.

If that's what you believe BBB fair enough.

:gt-happyup:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #327: Jun 07, 2015 07:42:32 pm
      There's a deafening silence from every one involved in this to be honest, haven't seen anything on the Offal or seen Rodgers on Sky, Pascoe, Marsh, FSG Zilch.

Thought there may have been some kind of statement.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #328: Jun 07, 2015 07:44:08 pm
      There's a deafening silence from every one involved in this to be honest, haven't seen anything on the Offal or seen Rodgers on Sky, Pascoe, Marsh, FSG Zilch.

I was just thinking about that this afternoon Daz.

Was there even any official statement about Brendan continuing in the job after the review?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #329: Jun 07, 2015 07:45:36 pm
      Was there even any official statement about Brendan continuing in the job after the review?

No mate, but other than the media, there was no statements from LFC saying his job was under threat, so there was really no need for them to Issue one if you know what I mean.

But two people have apparently lost their jobs, you'd have expected one wouldn't you ?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #330: Jun 07, 2015 07:51:20 pm

Weird you post this Daz I've just been looking for any official confirmation but there's nothing on the official site and both are still named as 1st team staff.

I know it's been in the media but as far as I can tell there's been absolutely nothing from the Club.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #331: Jun 07, 2015 07:59:11 pm
      Weird you post this Daz I've just been looking for any official confirmation but there's nothing on the official site and both are still named as 1st team staff.

I know it's been in the media but as far as I can tell there's been absolutely nothing from the Club.

Stranger and stranger Debs ..... plus there is noise about Pako out there.

There was no official announcement about Rodgers ..... no assurance or positive vibes coming out..... but again the Press seemed to know he was staying and were briefed.

Weird void of nothingness .
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #332: Jun 07, 2015 08:03:49 pm

You ain't wrong thier mate,now I listen to talk sport a lot ,it's on in the van whenever me and the lads are travelling between jobs as thier is a city fan a utd fan and myself(yes it does get lively ).
      Now last season and this season just finished Brendan was on at least twice a week sometimes more I thought he was going to get his own show he was on so often.
      I havnt heard F**k all of him for about four weeks( apart from after the stoke debacle ).
      I reckon he's being told to zip it.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #333: Jun 07, 2015 08:07:24 pm

Agree, it's very strange, there's nothing from anyone concerned. I would have expected some statement, either confirming or denying. It just really sums up the state the Club is in at the moment.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #334: Jun 07, 2015 08:15:31 pm
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #335: Jun 07, 2015 08:20:30 pm

Brendan will be pleased but the big question is who is coming in to replace his men?.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #336: Jun 07, 2015 08:21:17 pm
      Agree, it's very strange, there's nothing from anyone concerned. I would have expected some statement, either confirming or denying. It just really sums up the state the Club is in at the moment.

It feels like the Soviet union with state censorship in place , i don't know why they try and cover things up , when they eventually announce things the dogs on the streets already know the story .

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #337: Jun 07, 2015 08:26:08 pm
      It feels like the Soviet union with state censorship in place , i don't know why they try and cover things up , when they eventually announce things the dogs on the streets already know the story .

it shows perfectly FSG's contempt for the Fans. If they handled this correctly they could have had some genuinely good support not many thought our support staff were good enough. But now it really doesnt look like they planned this too well as a decent managment would have had the replacements lined up and ready to go.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #338: Jun 07, 2015 08:32:40 pm
      I've just been looking for any official confirmation but there's nothing on the official site and both are still named as 1st team staff.

Certainly with regards to Marsh all the talk has been about his contract not being renewed and that runs until the end of the month.  I'd imagine similar with Pascoe - although he has another year so maybe the club will only announce this when they get replacements.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #339: Jun 07, 2015 08:42:52 pm
      Certainly with regards to Marsh all the talk has been about his contract not being renewed and that runs until the end of the month.  I'd imagine similar with Pascoe - although he has another year so maybe the club will only announce this when they get replacements.

Hadn't thought of that JD but that doesn't cover Pascoe, as you say. 

It does seem as though there's been a media blackout of sorts as, there's not been a peep about anything recently.  Not that I'm complaining, it's quite nice not having internal politics being played out in the media.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #340: Jun 07, 2015 08:53:21 pm
      All the best to Colin. We might have had question marks about was he good enough etc but I doubt there was a day when the man didn't give his all to do his best for the club
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #341: Jun 07, 2015 08:54:47 pm
      Hadn't thought of that JD but that doesn't cover Pascoe, as you say. 

It does seem as though there's been a media blackout of sorts as, there's not been a peep about anything recently.  Not that I'm complaining, it's quite nice not having internal politics being played out in the media.

letting them go without having replacements ready just leaves the field wide open for speculation. Their silence isn't a sign of good management it another signal that nobody is actually driving the club forward and it could still be a case of agreeing compensation for Brendan.
      They cant duck the media forever and when they do question's about Brendans loyality to "his" staff will be asked.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #342: Jun 07, 2015 09:02:33 pm
      letting them go without having replacements ready just leaves the field wide open for speculation. Their silence isn't a sign of good management it another signal that nobody is actually driving the club forward and it could still be a case of agreeing compensation for Brendan.
      They cant duck the media forever and when they do question's about Brendans loyality to "his" staff will be asked.

For all we know the replacements could already be approached and accpeted the jobs.

I'm sure more will be revealed this week.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #343: Jun 07, 2015 09:03:22 pm
      Who will be responsible  for replacing the 2 coaches, will it be our famous transfer committee. If it is left to the committee we are in the sh*t. I think the replacement coaches will be decided by the new manager.

I
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #344: Jun 07, 2015 09:04:27 pm
      I think the replacement coaches will be decided by the new manager.

Extremely unlikely.

Quick Reply