Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Kieren Trippier (Burnley)

Read 5751 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Kieren Trippier (Burnley)
      Jun 08, 2015 02:43:01 pm
      Liverpool target Trippier after Clyne bid is rejected

The Times claims Liverpool's transfer committee regard Trippier as a better-value option than Clyne, despite Rodgers preferring a renewed effort to land the Southampton man.

Anyone got Times subscription? I'm not sure how do I upload the image.

Matt Hughes reporting about the £3.5m release clause for Trippier and how our "committee" feels he is a safer option than Clyne (cos he costs £15m), so wouldn't destabilize other transfer plans despite Rodgers preferring the latter. Villa and Spurs are also interested.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Re: Kieren Trippier (Burnley)
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2015 02:44:28 pm
      Almost a fifth of what Clyne might cost?

Of course FSG will be all over this.
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #2: Jun 08, 2015 03:01:50 pm

Clyne good player Trippier decent player either of them is an improvement on What we have at the moment, if we end up with the later it wouldn't be the end of the world for me Clyne is the better of the two but I think there's not much between them and Trippier should have had a chance for England already.

Maybe we might need the extra cash for the BIG STRIKER we so badly need need and probably won't get.

:f_tongueincheek:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #3: Jun 08, 2015 03:11:24 pm
      Clyne good player Trippier decent player either of them is an improvement on What we have at the moment, if we end up with the later it wouldn't be the end of the world for me Clyne is the better of the two but I think there's not much between them and Trippier should have had a chance for England already.

Maybe we might need the extra cash for the BIG STRIKER we so badly need need and probably won't get.

With so much building up for that "BIG STRIKER", saving funds, going after free players, etc., the disappointment cannot be even expressed in words if we don't bring in someone prolific

Back to Trippier, no complaints about the target but if he IS the target, FFS, get it done this week. Its a simple work of activating the release clause!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #4: Jun 08, 2015 03:16:53 pm
      Clyne is leagues better than Trippier!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Jun 08, 2015 03:20:36 pm
      Sign them both and we'll discuss our options later.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #6: Jun 08, 2015 04:38:40 pm
      So last year we raided Southampton, are we going to raid Burnley this year? I don't understand our transfer philosophy one bit.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,396 posts | 2823 
      Reply #7: Jun 08, 2015 05:32:22 pm
      He's decent but this is just classic Liverpool under FSG if we sign him over Clyne.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Jun 08, 2015 05:39:44 pm
      Got to be a joke?
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #9: Jun 08, 2015 09:06:43 pm
      while clyne is the better player, trippier @ 3.5m is far the better value for money than clyne @ 15-20m.

i'd actually be happy with the signing of trippier and that's rare coming from a poster who doesn't usually approve of signings from low prem side/ relegated sides.

i'd also take leroy fer from QPR for a fee of around 5m, he'd add steel to our midfield.

but i'm really hoping we can sign janmaat as i think he'd be suited to a wingback role, litchsteiner type player with less energy. if not trippier or even el mohammedy would do me as a 'safe' option
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Jun 08, 2015 09:10:21 pm
      while clyne is the better player, trippier @ 3.5m is far the better value for money than clyne @ 15-20m.

i'd actually be happy with the signing of trippier and that's rare coming from a poster who doesn't usually approve of signings from low prem side/ relegated sides.

i'd also take leroy fer from QPR for a fee of around 5m, he'd add steel to our midfield.

but i'm really hoping we can sign janmaat as i think he'd be suited to a wingback role, litchsteiner type player with less energy. if not trippier or even el mohammedy would do me as a 'safe' option

el mohammedy? jesus wept!
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      Reply #11: Jun 08, 2015 09:13:51 pm

he's not a stand out name no, but he gets forward really well...he puts in about 50 crosses a game (fairly decent ones too). he's played a stormer against us a few times now. 2 goals 5 assists in 38 prem games last season for a struggling hull side. season before that he got 2 goals 2 assists in 38 games again.

injury free and doesn't suffer suspensions
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #12: Jun 08, 2015 09:40:36 pm
      he's not a stand out name no, but he gets forward really well...he puts in about 50 crosses a game (fairly decent ones too). he's played a stormer against us a few times now. 2 goals 5 assists in 38 prem games last season for a struggling hull side. season before that he got 2 goals 2 assists in 38 games again.

injury free and doesn't suffer suspensions

And who would take advantage of those crosses seeing as the manager doesn't play that way, which is why Carroll, Balotelli and Lambert haven't worked out...

Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #13: Jun 08, 2015 09:49:09 pm
      One of those players that stands out in a team like Burnley. Every time I've watched them, whether live or on highlights, he's looked a really decent player. Got a good ability to get forward and his crossing is a positive.

I think I'd probably prefer him than Manquillo in the squad but he's obviously not at Clyne's level, hence the price discrepency!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14: Jun 08, 2015 10:46:32 pm

No offence but I'm really getting sick and tired of this 'such and such is better than what we have right now' comment. Our transfer policy should not be based upon who is better than who we have right now, it should be based upon what we need to push for the title and secure our place as a Champions League side. Is Trippier better than what we have right now? Sure, but is he good enough to propel us back in to the top four? Not in a million years.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #15: Jun 08, 2015 10:55:54 pm
      I don't understand our transfer philosophy one bit.

Target lower Premier League clubs with decent players.

Identify players that would be keen to come to us and would see us as a first choice.

Make sure no other club wants said players.

Pay huge amount of money for said players even though no one else is really in the race for them.

That cover it?
      « Last Edit: Jun 08, 2015 11:37:53 pm by srslfc »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16: Jun 08, 2015 11:24:51 pm
      Target lower Premier League clubs with decent players.

Identify players that would be keen to come to us and would see us as a first choice.

Make sure no other club wants said players.

Pay huge amaount of money for said players even though no one else is really in the race for them.

That cover it?

Sad but true Si....strange thing is this is such a stupid way to do it, hard to believe that FSG is that dense.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Jun 08, 2015 11:34:31 pm
      I'd be happy with Trippier. Good little player and can actually deliver a cross.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Jun 08, 2015 11:39:08 pm
      I'd be happy with Trippier. Good little player and can actually deliver a cross.

Would be great to have a right back that could defend though. Not saying Trippier can't though because I've not seen much of him.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19: Jun 09, 2015 08:40:57 am
      I like Trippier (had him in my FF team so he must be good  :laugh: ) but... as ever, I'm not sold on the notion that you can build a winning team on second or third choice targets.

That's assuming, of course, that he actually is second choice and "the committee" weren't just showing [limited interest] in Clyne - you know, "At least we tried"... " He was too greedy"... "He preferred London"... " Did I say... at least we tried? "

Too cynical? Maybe.  :angel:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20: Jun 09, 2015 08:48:05 am
      Are we going to start a thread for every rumour ?

We get linked with more players than any other club, probably only 1% come true. ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21: Jun 09, 2015 08:56:03 am
      Are we going to start a thread for every rumour ?

Yeah that's the whole point of the board mate - see here -

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,2815.0.html
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #22: Jun 09, 2015 09:17:39 am

fair enough ma man. cheers.

Im out then, cos most of it is utter crap made up by useless journos, wannabe ITK's or scumbag agents. ;D

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #23: Jun 09, 2015 09:20:31 am
      I really liked him at Burnley, he's a good wingback, and might grow at us. Hopefully he's the last Burnley player we sign, don't want to transfer their whole team now.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #24: Jun 09, 2015 01:28:38 pm
      I really liked him at Burnley, he's a good wingback, and might grow at us. Hopefully he's the last Burnley player we sign, don't want to transfer their whole team now.

Haven't we enough players who 'might grow'? When does the point come that we sign the here and now player if not after the season we've just had? People say the manager (whomever the manager is) should get more out of the players but there's only so much you can get out of a Robin Reliant and it'll never be enough to beat a Ferrari. In this particular case, surely we can find better on loan otherwise what's the point in having scouts if we're going to shop at relegated Premier League teams?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #25: Jun 09, 2015 04:44:34 pm
      is this a joke  :D

na not having this unless this lad is going for under 5mil to ensure we dont pay over the odds in compensation for Ings i think this is not happening
      RedStuart91
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      • we love you liverpool
      Reply #26: Jun 09, 2015 04:52:10 pm
      is this a joke  :D

na not having this unless this lad is going for under 5mil to ensure we dont pay over the odds in compensation for Ings i think this is not happening

Not good enough for Liverpool . Id rather save the money what will be wasted on Trippier and play Andre Wisdom. Chelsea, United, Arsenal linked with world class players we are linked with Trippier and  Adam Bogdan from Bolton . What is going on .
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      Reply #27: Jun 09, 2015 07:28:18 pm

Not good enough for Liverpool . Id rather save the money what will be wasted on Trippier and play Andre Wisdom. Chelsea, United, Arsenal linked with world class players we are linked with Trippier and  Adam Bogdan from Bolton . What is going on .

have you been living under a rock the last 7 years? we are a mediocre club
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #28: Jun 09, 2015 09:16:00 pm
      RedStuart91
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      • we love you liverpool
      Reply #29: Jun 09, 2015 10:12:32 pm
      have you been living under a rock the last 7 years? we are a mediocre club

I know but we need to try and attract better players than this if we want to challenge them .
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #30: Jun 16, 2015 04:33:57 pm
      dont know much about him not watched a single game of his but doesnt mean he's a bad player just because he dont come with a big title and loads of media hype. if he's talented then he's good enough all names do is sell shirts doesnt make them a good player.

i still think we need a proven RB who's done better than him and his experiance, we need age,exerpiance and leadership in our very quiet defence not up and comming kids who are great going forward but lack the knowlege about positioning,vocal leadership and more importantly like a good tackle.

Jon Flannaghan we miss you!!!!!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #31: Jun 16, 2015 05:19:12 pm
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #32: Jun 17, 2015 11:04:30 am
      glad this one never happend not the player we need.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #33: Jun 19, 2015 06:54:04 pm
      Signed for Spurs .
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum