Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Liverpool Football Club

Read 2119 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Liverpool Football Club
      Jun 08, 2015 02:46:19 pm
      This may seem like a controversial and probably a hypocritical topic to start but I thought with all the criticisms towards the owners, the manager, the coaches, the members of the board, the transfer committee, the players, the kit, the sponsors, the pitch etc etc etc it would be good to remember that we're all here because we "support" this great Club.

We all want what's best for the Club, we all want to be back with the elite and whether you believe we'll ever get there again or not, we have to get behind those who are doing their upmost to get us there.  You may feel they aren't good enough to do that or that we're going about it in totally the wrong way but that doesn't mean we turn our back on them, that's not what we do.

I'm not saying we should just accept things and not be critical, more that we should aim our criticisms at the decision makers rather than workers who just carry out the orders handed out by those at the top.

Last season was a season to forget but that's what I'm going to do, forget it and move on to next season when I can once again look forward to watching the Red men march out onto the hallowed turf of Anfield.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Re: Liverpool Football Club
      Reply #1: Jun 08, 2015 02:57:10 pm
      We are all tied for 1st in the table right now. The work done this off season will propel us to where we should be, like you said, let's support the team the best we can and especially it would be nice if there were an embargo on pettiness, and personal attacks/bickering when we should be on here to engage and learn from each other.

Good post Deb, much needed.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Jun 08, 2015 03:07:00 pm
      We are all tied for 1st in the table right now. The work done this off season will propel us to where we should be, like you said, let's support the team the best we can and especially it would be nice if there were an embargo on pettiness, and personal attacks/bickering when we should be on here to engage and learn from each other.

Good post Deb, much needed.

Maybe we should all start hitting the "report to moderator" button every time we read an abusive post, rather than responding to it and creating another shitstorm.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Jun 08, 2015 03:19:08 pm
      This may seem like a controversial and probably a hypocritical topic to start but I thought with all the criticisms towards the owners, the manager, the coaches, the members of the board, the transfer committee, the players, the kit, the sponsors, the pitch etc etc etc it would be good to remember that we're all here because we "support" this great Club.

We all want what's best for the Club, we all want to be back with the elite and whether you believe we'll ever get there again or not, we have to get behind those who are doing their upmost to get us there.  You may feel they aren't good enough to do that or that we're going about it in totally the wrong way but that doesn't mean we turn our back on them, that's not what we do.

I'm not saying we should just accept things and not be critical, more that we should aim our criticisms at the decision makers rather than workers who just carry out the orders handed out by those at the top.

Last season was a season to forget but that's what I'm going to do, forget it and move on to next season when I can once again look forward to watching the Red men march out onto the hallowed turf of Anfield.

Indeed. !00% agree.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #4: Jun 08, 2015 03:26:20 pm

All very laudable Debs however we face the same uncertainty that has clouded every one of the last four or five seasons.
      The lack of on field progress in that time scale has been embarrassing to say the least with an assortment of managers and tiers of administrative appointments resulting in a decline in the status of this club.

The onus is on the decision makers who have patently learned nothing from their mistakes, indeed the errors continue as long as they pursue the same faulted modus operandi.
      The owners actions are perverse and will not change next season or at any time in the near future, their preferred business model is set.
      Your call for patience mate is a long used request and stocks are perilously low.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5: Jun 08, 2015 03:37:00 pm
      All very laudable Debs however we face the same uncertainty that has clouded every one of the last four or five seasons.
      The lack of on field progress in that time scale has been embarrassing to say the least with an assortment of managers and tiers of administrative appointments resulting in a decline in the status of this club.

The onus is on the decision makers who have patently learned nothing from their mistakes, indeed the errors continue as long as they pursue the same faulted modus operandi.
      The owners actions are perverse and will not change next season or at any time in the near future, their preferred business model is set.
      Your call for patience mate is a long used request and stocks are perilously low.

I'm asking for people to direct their ire towards those responsible Stuey, not lay the blame at the feet of those that have no say in the matter. 

The Manager, Coaches and Players are not solely to blame for last season but they need our support now and going into next season regardless of our personal feelings towards them.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6: Jun 08, 2015 10:16:59 pm
      A very rational and welcome thread Debs.

Most of the vitriol and negativity on here ..... of which I have played a part ...... is down to frustration.

What does frustration lead to ? Anger. They are linked together.

You are right. We are here because of our love and support for Liverpool Football Club.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #7: Jun 08, 2015 10:29:19 pm
      Good times will come.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #8: Jun 09, 2015 08:34:22 am

To quote a wise wee green fella from the movies.

anger leads to fear, fear leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side, beware my young padawan. ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Jun 09, 2015 09:33:22 am
      Maybe we should all start hitting the "report to moderator" button every time we read an abusive post, rather than responding to it and creating another shitstorm.

Debs I am all for your suggestion, all I ask is all posters are treated in a equitable manner even when other posters do not agree with their point of view.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #10: Jun 09, 2015 09:36:31 am
      A very rational and welcome thread Debs.

Most of the vitriol and negativity on here ..... of which I have played a part ...... is down to frustration.

You are right. We are here because of our love and support for Liverpool Football Club.

Spot on, mate :)

Quick Reply