Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Joe Gomez (Charlton) - SIGNED by LFC

Read 18045 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,593 posts | 1811 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Joe Gomez (Charlton)
      Reply #23: Jun 16, 2015 08:41:37 am
      Don't see what the problem is with buying a young lad with potential from a lower league club, LFC and other top clubs been doing that for years.

Difference now is its all over twitter, sky, papers, talksport, facebook, forums, etc. etc.

Nothing is under radar anymore.

Old days this might have been worthy of a shout in charlton's local paper. ;D
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #24: Jun 16, 2015 09:00:00 am
      Doesn't exactly look like he enjoys football does he:

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,593 posts | 1811 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: Jun 16, 2015 09:11:47 am
      Doesn't exactly look like he enjoys football does he:

;D. Miserable little #blank#
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Jun 16, 2015 09:26:49 am
      Last photo looks like he got told a puppy died.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #27: Jun 16, 2015 11:15:24 am
      It's worth remembering that if we hadn't done these sort of deals in the past, we wouldn't have either Sterling or Ibe at the club. Of course signings such as this have a high failure rate, but at some point these owners will sell up and it's vital we have some sort of succession plan for players.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Jun 16, 2015 11:31:24 am
      It's worth remembering that if we hadn't done these sort of deals in the past, we wouldn't have either Sterling or Ibe at the club. Of course signings such as this have a high failure rate, but at some point these owners will sell up and it's vital we have some sort of succession plan for players.

These signings are OK as long as the first 11 is being addressed and we're not being robbed. My negativity with this deal also comes from the fact that Brendan doesn't have much success with buying defenders.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #29: Jun 16, 2015 11:36:12 am
      These signings are OK as long as the first 11 is being addressed and we're not being robbed. My negativity with this deal also comes from the fact that Brendan doesn't have much success with buying defenders.

I'd actually be surprised if Brendan has too much to do with this signing mate, and if ever there's a demonstration of the job of a transfer committee it's this type of signing. The chances are if we get this kid he'll disappear either on loan or into the reserves for a season or two, and being a betting man myself I'd take even money that if and when he makes his debut someone else other than Brendan will be the manager.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,733 posts | 156 
      Reply #30: Jun 16, 2015 11:44:52 am
       When I first heard his last name "Gomez" I thought he's from latin America or spain and he's a first team proven player but then I read the article and saw Charlton my mood changed completely. better give our youngsters a chance.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #31: Jun 16, 2015 01:01:51 pm
      When I first heard his last name "Gomez" I thought he's from latin America or spain and he's a first team proven player but then I read the article and saw Charlton my mood changed completely. better give our youngsters a chance.

Really? So because hes English hes not worth looking at but if he was a south american centre half we should be all over it? Ridiculous outlook.

Either way he wont get a sniff here so he'd be better off going somewhere else or staying put
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Jun 16, 2015 01:33:06 pm

The left the s out.
      Jose Gomez.

Happy?
      Good, move along.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #33: Jun 16, 2015 04:44:52 pm
      looks a beast but is this us just stock piling again look at how many players we've bought loaned out and sold for a loss we need to cut the numbers back and just have quality.
      Coates is going hopefully and i dont think he needs to be replaced, we have Ilori coming back,Wisdom can play there. we have Sakho and Lovren(who needs to improve massivly) we also have Kolo for an emergancy so unless we get rid of Skrtel and replace with another top CB i dont see the need for this deal and is a waste of money as he wont play for years and will probably be sold on years down the line.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #34: Jun 16, 2015 08:29:43 pm
      Looking pretty close to done this:

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96  10s11 seconds ago
      The prospect of a loan has been mentioned but Gomez’s camp are confident he can prove himself worthy to #LFC during pre-season. (Echo) #lfc

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96  2m2 minutes ago
      #LFC have beaten Manchester City, Arsenal, Villa, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Borussia Dortmund & Hoffenheim to the signing of Gomez. (Echo)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96  4m4 minutes ago
      The Reds have tracked Gomez extensively over the past three years, with Dave Fallows, and Barry Hunter key players in the deal. (Echo) #lfc

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96  5m5 minutes ago
      Crucially, Gomez himself is desperate to join Liverpool, and is already preparing for the move to Merseyside. #lfc (Echo)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96  7m7 minutes ago
      Liverpool had hoped to get Gomez for £3.5m, but the transfer is expected to be closer to £6m. The deal will contain add ons. (Echo) #lfc

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ96  9m9 minutes ago
      Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Charlton youngster Joe Gomez, with a deal set to be completed early next week. (Echo) #lfc

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #35: Jun 16, 2015 11:37:11 pm

The prospect of a loan has been mentioned but Gomez’s camp are confident he can prove himself worthy to #LFC during pre-season. (Echo) #lfc

#LFC have beaten Manchester City, Arsenal, Villa, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Borussia Dortmund & Hoffenheim to the signing of Gomez. (Echo)

The Reds have tracked Gomez extensively over the past three years, with Dave Fallows, and Barry Hunter key players in the deal. (Echo) #lfc

Crucially, Gomez himself is desperate to join Liverpool, and is already preparing for the move to Merseyside. #lfc (Echo)

Liverpool had hoped to get Gomez for £3.5m, but the transfer is expected to be closer to £6m. The deal will contain add ons. (Echo) #lfc

Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Charlton youngster Joe Gomez, with a deal set to be completed early next week. (Echo) #lfc

Are Arsenal, City and Doetmund really after him? First I have seen of other interest.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #36: Jun 16, 2015 11:42:44 pm
      Are Arsenal, City and Doetmund really after him? First I have seen of other interest.

Seems like he was hot property, being sold as our coup of the window no doubt, until he's loaned out. For what it's worth I can believe the interest from other clubs, Charlton has long been a very strong academy.

Forgive the skepticism but after Coates, Illori, I'm not going to believe he's the real deal until he actually gets a few starts under his belt.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,406 posts | 6411 
      Reply #37: Jun 16, 2015 11:58:37 pm
      Seems like he was hot property, being sold as our coup of the window no doubt, until he's loaned out. For what it's worth I can believe the interest from other clubs, Charlton has long been a very strong academy.

Forgive the skepticism but after Coates, Illori, I'm not going to believe he's the real deal until he actually gets a few starts under his belt.

Yea, not sure why Illori can't factor in....hopefully if he has a strong pre-season he'll get a chance.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #38: Jun 17, 2015 12:00:42 am
      Don't mind this type of buy at all, that being said..we have had our "free transfers"  looks like we have our "Build for the future" ...now its time to add some goals from something/somebody neither free or for the future.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,617 posts | 753 
      Reply #39: Jun 17, 2015 12:25:02 am
      [No Homo] he looks like a real physical specimen for an 18 year old. [/No Homo]
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,640 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #40: Jun 17, 2015 12:50:50 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uvm3GixEj4
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #41: Jun 17, 2015 09:56:35 am
      [No Homo] he looks like a real physical specimen for an 18 year old. [/No Homo]
      haha agreed he is a beast like for a young lad
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #42: Jun 17, 2015 10:09:43 am
      PaulJoyce: Liverpool expect to make Charlton defender Joe Gomez their fourth signing of the summer by the end of the week
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #43: Jun 17, 2015 11:43:13 am

Does this mean all your future posts will be "Homo"?
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #44: Jun 17, 2015 04:13:48 pm
      Would he even play for us this season, or would he just be loaned back out?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #45: Jun 17, 2015 04:47:34 pm
      Would he even play for us this season, or would he just be loaned back out?

I highly doubt an 18 year old kid who could barely get a game at centre back for Chalrton is going to start for us anytime soon. He'll either go back on loan or into the under-21s. Preferably I'd like to see him go out on loan to a team that is actually going to play him, I don't think that'd be at Charlton.

Quick Reply