Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 92655 times
      sore monad, racerx34, Rush Goalie, Shanks Red Pony and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 938 posts | 181 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1495: Today at 11:21:58 am
      A very tight offside (which he created a goal scoring chance from) and a good save to deny him is all we saw yesterday.

Not much to criticise so not sure why he is the subject matter again.

Tbf he did other things which went unnoticed as the game was pretty much dead at that point, hounded Van de Den and dispossessed him which 10 seconds later led to Mo missing the chance of the game, he also had another square pass from the right side cut out which a few claimed handball for, another day that finds whoever was on the left side in acres of space with only the goal to find.

His movement for me is the best we have in the squad especially if he times them better more.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,982 posts | 3060 
      Reply #1496: Today at 11:40:50 am
      Can anyone blame him for the amount of abuse he takes on his social media from so called supporters?

Gets a ridiculous amount of hammer given his effort and goal contributions.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,197 posts | 1100 
      Reply #1497: Today at 01:45:35 pm
      He definitely deleted all of his insta pics related to us. His profile and profile Pic still have us in it. I get that the kids upset at the moment, but ffs, come on. Are you 12? This type of behavior will only fuel the fire of his haters. If he wants to show em something, stick the ball in the back of the net, that'll shut em up
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,113 posts | 3453 
      Reply #1498: Today at 01:59:41 pm
      He definitely deleted all of his insta pics related to us. His profile and profile Pic still have us in it. I get that the kids upset at the moment, but ffs, come on. Are you 12? This type of behavior will only fuel the fire of his haters. If he wants to show em something, stick the ball in the back of the net, that'll shut em up

The lad has had constant abuse thrown at him from social media fans and also his family

It’s a joke that some think it’s acceptable to abuse players - and it’s always the same social media fans

No player should ever be subjected to that level of abuse

Some people don’t have the first clue about the club , all playars should be supported through thick and thin regardless of their form

Self entitled pricks and their little 🔔 end followers

tw*ts like Uncle fester and his “watch along”
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,601 posts | 745 
      Reply #1499: Today at 02:02:03 pm

This type of behavior is hyped up by Liverpool "fan accounts". Its really repulsive. I remember it happening to Gini. Its sad how easily people can be manipulated into making horrible comments

Online culture has become so toxic.
      Millsy75
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 47 
      Reply #1500: Today at 02:15:01 pm
      The lad has had constant abuse thrown at him from social media fans and also his family

It’s a joke that some think it’s acceptable to abuse players - and it’s always the same social media fans

No player should ever be subjected to that level of abuse

Some people don’t have the first clue about the club , all playars should be supported through thick and thin regardless of their form

Self entitled pricks and their little 🔔 end followers

tw*ts like Uncle fester and his “watch along”
      part of life now,, some love Ya, some hate ya, who cares, count ya pennies Darwin lad
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,113 posts | 3453 
      Reply #1501: Today at 02:16:12 pm
      part of life now,, some love Ya, some hate ya, who cares, count ya pennies Darwin lad

It’s not “part of life” to be subjected to abuse on social media and attempting to brushing it off adds nothing to help the situation
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 938 posts | 181 
      Reply #1502: Today at 02:27:53 pm

I'd imagine you would care if you were on the receiving end of abuse players go through, Only low life scumbags will take personal shots at someone over a game of football.

Hate someone for being a c**t, not for struggling to put the ball in the net.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,197 posts | 1100 
      Reply #1503: Today at 02:29:07 pm
      It is very much part of life now. Social media has given dudes with no balls in the real life a platform to sh*t on anything they don't like with no repercussions. I hate it and am very much the other way around. I respond to conflict on a daily basis, but I do it in person. There's a name and a face that is associated to it, and for people who don't understand conflict, it becomes very real when you and I have an issue in person and are required to figure it out. These trolls online wouldn't say anything to Darwins face, amd I doubt they would abuse him infront of others in fear of what that could lead to.....

On Nunez end, you've got to drown all this out and keep grinding. It's not easy, but you're a professional. In this day and age, whether right or wrong, it comes with the territory
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,373 posts | 783 
      Reply #1504: Today at 02:29:34 pm
      I'd imagine you would care if you were on the receiving end of abuse players go through.

Better still Don't hate at all
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,316 posts | 8599 
      Reply #1505: Today at 02:33:53 pm
      70-75m I think is possible

Nunez aside and all our disagreements aside, the man is a top top class player

I got a feeling he won’t be at Newcastle for long either way

I like Isak, think he's a fantastic player, I don't know if we'll sign him if we're going back to the Edwards regime.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 938 posts | 181 
      Reply #1506: Today at 02:36:02 pm

In a ideal world, yes.

When there's a world with the likes of Trump Putin Lukashenko Boris Jong-Un Hopkins Glitter etc, it's difficult to.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,373 posts | 783 
      Reply #1507: Today at 02:37:57 pm
      It’s not “part of life” to be subjected to abuse on social media and attempting to brushing it off adds nothing to help the situation
      For people in the public eye it is sadly "Part of life"...It is so omnipresent that they learn to ignore it and not take it personally.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,197 posts | 1100 
      Reply #1508: Today at 02:38:24 pm
      I'd imagine you would care if you were on the receiving end of abuse players go through, Only low life scumbags will take personal shots at someone over a game of football.

I've had some people say some horrendous sh*t about my family because of things that happen with them in my job. One guy posted a picture of my son online once and said some unbelievable stuff. It's awful. The difference is it's on a much smaller scale than Nunez. So much so that I was able to confront that one dude in public. Nunez will never know who any of the people are, so F**k em.

Don't read the comments. Keep grinding and know the real people to care about sing Nunez. Nunez. Nunez.

To your other point, don't waste your time trying to figure out trolls. You'll go crazy. Got a few of them on here, they suck
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,316 posts | 8599 
      Reply #1509: Today at 02:40:56 pm

This type of behavior is hyped up by Liverpool "fan accounts". Its really repulsive. I remember it happening to Gini. Its sad how easily people can be manipulated into making horrible comments

Online culture has become so toxic.

It's been the same for a few years and it's always the same, a couple of nuggets from this country, can't get their head around or were never taught as kids that your footy club will lose games and then you have the African replies, which some are off the scale. Some of the worst racist abuse online I've seen aimed at footy players comes from those based in Africa.

Truth is Darwin has had plenty if not complete support in the ground and sadly it's time to get rid. But again online abuse will be the shithouses hiding behind their computer or phone screens crying cost we lost out in the title race.

Funny thing is not one single person who has abused him would not dare say it to his face!!

Liverpool accounts on twitter want bombing they're run by virgins who would get lost at Lime Street
      « Last Edit: Today at 02:59:27 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,113 posts | 3453 
      Reply #1510: Today at 03:17:40 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,080 posts | 2735 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1511: Today at 04:04:55 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,304 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1512: Today at 06:58:44 pm
      Dont do twitter, see it as nothing more then a breeding ground for tossers who wouldnt say boo to a goose in a face to face. Lowlife

Darwin has to remember though the support hes got from day 1 from real fans and weigh up what he sees as the true Liverpool fans.

Only 1 winner

Quick Reply