Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)

Read 93600 times
      Gill95, DanMann, racerx34 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,507 posts | 222 
      Re: Darwin Núñez Player Thread (F)
      Reply #1541: Yesterday at 03:20:48 pm
      You'd think Nunez shagged some of these supporter's wives the way they hurl insults at him. At the end of the day, would it be nice if he put away even half of the "easy" chances he misses...yes it would. The hope is that he will become that player, possibly though he is what he is...infuriating but fascinating, doing easy things badly and doing hard things easily. We paid enough for him that we need to see out his development though. To just up and sell him to me is a waste of the time and money already spent on him. Let's see what he does under a new manager. If he struggles next year then maybe it's time to think about a fresh start for him somewhere else.

I think it’s important to at least start making changes and that should be one of Nunez Diaz and Salah broken up and is looking to more quality

You always have to look at how we can improve as a club

Personally I would think it should be Salah to Diaz (because of his dream to play in Spain etc for Diaz)

And you can look at Nunez the season after but the reality is and again people can dig their heads in about it but he simply does not look good enough for the highest level and no amount of will power can change that, it’s a shame because I think he is a player who can really be special if he had the technical ability
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #1542: Yesterday at 04:28:28 pm
      It’s fair to say you cannot distinguish considering your post

Having your head in the sand as always isn’t the way to go about it

Nunez is one of the most expensive players ever and is a flop, it’s funny you’re talking about abusing players considering you run around here abusing people who have a different opinion than you

Shows what a hypocrite you are

Edit I will go far as to say as you attack and jump on people like social media fans that this isn’t about Nunez or the abuse but a way for you to take cheap shots as you are what klopp refers too tbh

He isn’t a flop by any stretch

He has 31 goal involvements this season alone

Now he isn’t perfect and needs to work on stuff but you display typical social media hyperbole - it’s either one or the other , you don’t have the comprehension to think beyond that

He has missed chances , so have others , he plays right on the edge of the line and gets caught offside

None of that makes him a flop - he has produced this season to help the team win one trophy and challenge for others

You have the most laughable username because you are incapable of showing any faith
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #1543: Yesterday at 04:30:33 pm
      Deffo want to keep him but F**k me, we all watch the games, it’s insane some of the chances he’s missed. It’s not just about the stats.

Hopefully he has an unreal performance next season

Yeah he still needs to work on a lot

He is still developing as a player and the raw ceiling is high
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1222 
      Reply #1544: Yesterday at 04:39:26 pm
      I don't see him leaving this summer. I think the new manager will be keen to work with him and I'm sure the club hierarchy will also want to see if the new set up can bring the best out of him more consistently. We would not sell at such a loss either given he's still 24/25 (about the time we start expecting big things).
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,721 posts | 153 
      Reply #1545: Yesterday at 06:14:25 pm
      Darwin posting on his Instagram story with Barcelonas (and his countryman) Araujo.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,852 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #1546: Yesterday at 06:24:21 pm
      Cannot understand why any sane person would slag off Darwin and make references to his family on social media ,absolute trash these people ! I really hope he stays and chats to Slot and sorts summat out one way or the other , preferably staying .If he goes somewhere else I can see him scoring goals for fun if he has the mindset ...hopefully not against us
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #1547: Yesterday at 06:25:38 pm
      Darwin posting on his Instagram story with Barcelonas (and his countryman) Araujo.

You are going to react to everything on social media aren’t you
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1548: Yesterday at 07:55:54 pm
      You'd think Nunez shagged some of these supporter's wives the way they hurl insults at him. At the end of the day, would it be nice if he put away even half of the "easy" chances he misses...yes it would. The hope is that he will become that player, possibly though he is what he is...infuriating but fascinating, doing easy things badly and doing hard things easily. We paid enough for him that we need to see out his development though. To just up and sell him to me is a waste of the time and money already spent on him. Let's see what he does under a new manager. If he struggles next year then maybe it's time to think about a fresh start for him somewhere else.

I actually think you’re right, one more season with 🦥 in charge and if that doesn’t work think he has to go.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1549: Yesterday at 07:57:19 pm
      Yeah he still needs to work on a lot

He is still developing as a player and the raw ceiling is high

Can’t keep making excuses for him Pj. Last chance saloon under new manager.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #1550: Yesterday at 08:12:12 pm
      Can’t keep making excuses for him Pj. Last chance saloon under new manager.

Excuses for what ?

31 goal involvements this season shows there is a player there

He is going to be given every chance and time to continue to develop , shown more than enough that any new manager will be giving him a chance
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,189 posts | 165 
      Reply #1551: Yesterday at 09:29:25 pm
      Excuses for what ?

He is going to be given every chance and time to continue to develop , shown more than enough that any new manager will be giving him a chance

I'm worried. He's perceived to be a poor finisher and some stats say that. Yes he scored about 20 goals but he missed so many "easy" opportunities. However, I think he can keep his head high. Gakpo and Diaz should have stepped up more often but did not. Darwin did. He's still too raw, but he's not a flop. If Diaz and Gakpo are not, he should not be either.

Some say I should compare likes with likes but Diaz was brought as the top scorer of the Portuguese league and he plays Mane's position. He is expected to score! Same for Gakpo, he should have a bigger influence on the game.

In other words, I'm worried about Nunez' future here and I think it's harsh given that he stepped up very often.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1552: Yesterday at 09:37:42 pm
      Excuses for what ?

Can’t sugar coat this one la 😂 far to many of you on here frustrated with his lack of finishing not to be any truth in it. We all know ( including yourself) he needs to be more clinical in front of goal
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #1553: Yesterday at 09:47:22 pm
      Can’t sugar coat this one la 😂 far to many of you on here frustrated with his lack of finishing not to be any truth in it. We all know ( including yourself) he needs to be more clinical in front of goal

One thing missed has been some of the good saves keepers have made as well.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 840 posts | 302 
      Reply #1554: Yesterday at 09:51:05 pm
      Nunez obviously needs to work on some parts of his game but I think he's a very good player with the potential to be a world class player. I want us to be patient, give him time to develop and give him the support necessary to rebuild his confidence.

There are a lot of clubs trying to buy a centre forward (Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona and others). We should not even consider selling Nunez.

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 751 
      Reply #1555: Yesterday at 10:29:53 pm
      It’s stupid statements like that which don’t help

This season alone Nunez has scored more goals than both Carrol and Voronin didn’t combined over their Liverpool careers - he has 31 goal involvements - 18 goals and 13 assists

Some are unable to distinguish between form and ability.

He is in a rough patch - the same with a number of players

He has a huge loss in form and it’s smashed his confidence

And instead of supporting as it is these days with modern fans it’s easier to pile onto him

We won at the weekend yet some just couldn’t wait to highlight Nunez

I 100% agree.

We are in this weird era of Football manager and FIFA. where people super HORNY for their teams to Sell and Buy players constantly.

Have we not learned from the Summer 23 Transfer window that this doesn't work? Did we not just witness Cheslea splash money on a bunch of players and it fail spectacularly?

He has the tools. Maybe he's not a CF, but he could def be an incredible LW. He has 18 goals and 13 assists for us this season

Look, Kai Haevertz is about to potentially be a league winning number 9 and Jadon Sancho is about to play in the Champions League final (potentially) and not Kylian Mbappe.

Its not always about splashing the cash, throwing people aside like they cant actually play. We gotta see how people work in different systems. I like Darwin on the left. I think he can do bits up front at time also. We have 5 guys that all offer something different in our forward like. I see it coming together personally.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1556: Yesterday at 10:52:05 pm
      Nunez obviously needs to work on some parts of his game but I think he's a very good player with the potential to be a world class player. I want us to be patient, give him time to develop and give him the support necessary to rebuild his confidence.

There are a lot of clubs trying to buy a centre forward (Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona and others). We should not even consider selling Nunez.

You’ve been patient 2 years Gaz. 😂 He does have world class trates in his game but NONE in his finishing. Klopp leaving probably guarantees another season with your new manager. Keep him on the left flanks and see if manager can do what Klopp didn’t.

His my problem with it. Klopp improved so many players which obviously wasn’t a fluke but could never improve Nunez, there lies your problem. If Klopp couldnt do it I don’t see 🦥 doing it.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,604 posts | 751 
      Reply #1557: Yesterday at 11:41:38 pm
      You’ve been patient 2 years Gaz. 😂 He does have world class trates in his game but NONE in his finishing. Klopp leaving probably guarantees another season with your new manager. Keep him on the left flanks and see if manager can do what Klopp didn’t.

His my problem with it. Klopp improved so many players which obviously wasn’t a fluke but could never improve Nunez, there lies your problem. If Klopp couldnt do it I don’t see 🦥 doing it.

Worry about your own players m8

https://x.com/footballontnt/status/1787956853558636742?s=46
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 130 
      Reply #1558: Today at 12:45:20 am
      Seems to me Darwin should just get off social media (it is fu**ed up anyway) and focus on the real world where the actual supporters show him a great deal of support in the stadium! So Darwin just  don’t bother with the sh*t that is going on on social media.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1559: Today at 08:08:03 am

He’s not our player and he’s not coming back. So you worry about yours
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,776 posts | 889 
      Reply #1560: Today at 08:17:22 am
      He’s not our player and he’s not coming back. So you worry about yours

According to Ten Hag he is.. and hopeful for next season.

Of course, that's only because of his own performances which Ten Hag is obviously trying to claim the benefit of now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,110 posts | 2738 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1561: Today at 08:28:44 am
      According to Ten Hag he is.. and hopeful for next season.

Of course, that's only because of his own performances which Ten Hag is obviously trying to claim the benefit of now.

Apparently he’s already said he won’t come back to United and being honest I think that’s best. He’s gone on record as saying he will never apologise which there lied the problem. Obviously looking odds on now ETH gets sacked after FA Cup final irrespective of the result. Much as it pains me to say it it’s the right move. Just don’t ask me who I think should come in as I can’t see a manager out there on paper good enough to take the realms of United.

You could argue when ETH gets sacked Sancho May re think his options. However, only my opinion but I’m happy if he doesn’t come back.

Quick Reply