Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 383812 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2346: Nov 04, 2020 04:10:17 pm
      It wont magically make him regain form but it might motivate and re-focus him. That's what is meant here.

So we know that his problem is motivation? I think that's a bit of stretch for us to assume what's going on in Bobby's head. Maybe teams are keying on him more and putting him under more pressure? Maybe others have figured out what we've known for years in that he's pretty much the key to everything we do (or at least have done) so they are game planning to make it harder on him. Have you noticed how much he's had to drop into our own half to pick up the ball? Surely that's not because he likes to do it...maybe the midfield isn't providing as much support as they used to. The good news is we can still evolve and maybe that means he has to fine tune himself for a little different role. But all of this insinuation that he needs put in timeout like he's gone around stealing everyone's toys :D
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #2347: Nov 04, 2020 04:20:03 pm
      So we know that his problem is motivation? I think that's a bit of stretch for us to assume what's going on in Bobby's head. Maybe teams are keying on him more and putting him under more pressure? Maybe others have figured out what we've known for years in that he's pretty much the key to everything we do (or at least have done) so they are game planning to make it harder on him. Have you noticed how much he's had to drop into our own half to pick up the ball? Surely that's not because he likes to do it...maybe the midfield isn't providing as much support as they used to. The good news is we can still evolve and maybe that means he has to fine tune himself for a little different role. But all of this insinuation that he needs put in timeout like he's gone around stealing everyone's toys :D
      oh for F**k sake I am not insinuating that for one minute. I m just stating what 'regain form' might mean. A game or two on the bench might just give him a new perspective that is all. A brilliant footballer he'll be fine and he'll be a huge part of our success again this season. 
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #2348: Nov 04, 2020 05:41:04 pm
      Why does everyone default to bench time to "regain form"?

Anyone that's involved with sport (at pretty much most any level) knows that some players are different than others. For some a ride on the pine might be what they need. For others, if you put them on the bench it only makes matters worse.

There's a saying in basketball...shooters in a slump have to shoot their way out of it. Don't know if that's universally true for a sport like football, but unless Firmino is tired (which I can't imagine why he would be) then I'm not sure time on the bench is going to cure him. The good news is, Klopp probably knows what Bobby needs and likely proceed accordingly. So whether Firmino is on the bench for awhile or continues to start, it's probably because Klopp knows what his player needs better than we do.

But riding it out has not worked this is more than one or two games so yes I believe some time out is needed playing sport that I have I can also how that works also
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 320 posts | 81 
      Reply #2349: Nov 04, 2020 05:53:37 pm
      Firmino lacks speed, and when compared to Jota, lacks athleticism.
      Firmino too often disappears in games.
      And being the center forward on a frontline whose partners get significant defensive attention, Firmino's has underwhelmed for some time now.

The team has upgraded. That's a good thing.

And given the backline injury situation and more frequent defensive lapses leading to a higher goals against rate, LFC needs to score more goals this year.
      Jota to the rescue

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #2350: Nov 04, 2020 06:56:20 pm
      Knee jerks in proliferation it appears.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 491 
      Reply #2351: Nov 05, 2020 12:17:20 pm
      Knee jerks in proliferation it appears.
      Come on, if you don't agree with him, then its "knee jerk", but if you agree with someone then "excellent analysis". :f_doh:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2352: Nov 05, 2020 12:33:12 pm
      Got into great positions and could have scored a couple. He’s superb

They key word there is COULD, could have scored, but yet again he didn't. He is still a superb player but right now you have to play your best front three and that is Jota, Mane and Salah.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2353: Nov 05, 2020 12:56:29 pm
      But riding it out has not worked this is more than one or two games so yes I believe some time out is needed playing sport that I have I can also how that works also

I mean he’s played 7 games in the Premier League with 1 goal and 2 assists. Mane has 4 and 2 in 6 games and Mo has 7 goals in 7 I believe.

What should his output be for people to think he’s in form?
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #2354: Nov 05, 2020 01:29:35 pm
      I mean he’s played 7 games in the Premier League with 1 goal and 2 assists. Mane has 4 and 2 in 6 games and Mo has 7 goals in 7 I believe.

Maybe go back to last season as well. Look I am not just using stats which is behind its the in game analysis his touch at times,  passing and general movement looks off compared to standards set previously.  There are other posters who are saying similiar and I just happen to have that opinion I can clearly see you disagree and thats fine so let's just leave it at that
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #2355: Nov 05, 2020 01:41:10 pm

3 of which (maybe 4?) were PK's
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2356: Nov 05, 2020 01:46:20 pm
      Maybe go back to last season as well. Look I am not just using stats which is behind its the in game analysis his touch at times,  passing and general movement looks off compared to standards set previously.  There are other posters who are saying similiar and I just happen to have that opinion I can clearly see you disagree and thats fine so let's just leave it at that

I mean I'm genuinely trying to understand why people are getting on Bobby so much. His output may be a tad off, but he always seems to start off the season a little slow. If it's just "Well I think he just looks like he's not as involved" then yea, not much use for discussion because apparently different people are seeing different things.
      Every misplaced pass or touch of Bobby's is scrutinized but if Mo gives the ball away 4 times in a row it's no big deal. Just seems to be a different standard applied to Firmino than some of the others.

For instance, in my opinion Gini has been downright pedestrian this season, but he seems to fly right under the radar.

Different strokes I guess.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #2357: Nov 05, 2020 03:05:43 pm
      Come on, if you don't agree with him, then its "knee jerk", but if you agree with someone then "excellent analysis". :f_doh:

Agree with who?
      Criticism of Firmino is baseless and ill informed, no doubt the manager would agree with those sentiments as well as the vast majority of supporters.
      That criticism of a player who has given outstanding service to LFC and has hit a quiet spell is against the ethos of the club.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #2358: Nov 05, 2020 03:10:25 pm
      Agree with who?
      Criticism of Firmino is baseless and ill informed, no doubt the manager would agree with those sentiments as well as the vast majority of supporters.
      That criticism of a player who has given outstanding service to LFC and has hit a quiet spell is against the ethos of the club.

There is nothing wrong with criticising our own players when they are underperforming mate we've been doing it on this forum since day dot.

Bobby is no exception.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2359: Nov 05, 2020 03:32:28 pm
      Criticizing players that are the direct cause of us losing games or dropping points is one thing. Criticizing players while we are winning games seems a bit silly, sophomoric and agenda based. Just saying.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #2360: Nov 05, 2020 03:46:52 pm
      There is nothing wrong with criticising our own players when they are underperforming mate we've been doing it on this forum since day dot.

Bobby is no exception.

Saying "if he had played against Atalanta he would have had 0 goals and 0 assists before being subbed at 60 minutes" is not criticizing, it's trolling.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #2361: Nov 05, 2020 04:53:58 pm
      I mean I'm genuinely trying to understand why people are getting on Bobby so much. His output may be a tad off, but he always seems to start off the season a little slow. If it's just "Well I think he just looks like he's not as involved" then yea, not much use for discussion because apparently different people are seeing different things.
      Every misplaced pass or touch of Bobby's is scrutinized but if Mo gives the ball away 4 times in a row it's no big deal. Just seems to be a different standard applied to Firmino than some of the others.

For instance, in my opinion Gini has been downright pedestrian this season, but he seems to fly right under the radar.

Different strokes I guess.

Nah Gini has gotten plenty of flak especially from me when he has gone Chuck Norris . Mo has well correct many misplaced passes but he has that extra special strike or run that can mask the faults just seems Bobby doesn't have any this at present and that is what I am basing my opinions on again lets agree to disagree
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #2362: Nov 05, 2020 04:55:17 pm
      3 of which (maybe 4?) were PK's

Who got them penaltys ?
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #2363: Nov 05, 2020 05:06:46 pm
      Agree with who?

Maybe Jürgen would also disagree with criticism  of our owners who have been at the helm in our most successful period in over 30 years but that doesn't stop you going against the ethos or is there different rules there
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #2364: Nov 05, 2020 05:39:12 pm
      Maybe Jürgen would also disagree with criticism  of our owners who have been at the helm in our most successful period in over 30 years but that doesn't stop you going against the ethos or is there different rules there

The ethos of supporting servants of the club is light years away from extolling the virtues of businessmen who identify a highly profitable prospect brought to its knees by fraudsters.
      There is a business ethos in that scenario which has F**k all to do with football or Firmino.

NB
      Without Klopp we would be 30+ years without the success we now thankfully contemplate .
      « Last Edit: Nov 05, 2020 05:44:51 pm by stuey »
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 320 posts | 81 
      Reply #2365: Nov 05, 2020 05:39:47 pm
      Stat comparison: RF vs DJ

Premier League stats
      Shots on target.................. RF 4...........DJ 6
      Minutes/shot on target....RF 141.......DJ 36

Champions League
      « Last Edit: Nov 05, 2020 05:47:14 pm by Borg »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #2366: Nov 05, 2020 05:50:37 pm
      Saying "if he had played against Atalanta he would have had 0 goals and 0 assists before being subbed at 60 minutes" is not criticizing, it's trolling.

Ha trolling!

Well that would be a first for me in 14 years on this forum.

But hey whatever suits your agenda precious.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #2367: Nov 05, 2020 05:55:37 pm
      The ethos of supporting servants of the club is light years away from extolling the virtues of businessmen who identify a highly profitable prospect brought to its knees by fraudsters.
      There is a business ethos in that scenario which has f**k all to do with football or Firmino.

NB
      Without Klopp we would be 30+ years without the success we now thankfully contemplate .

Who brought him in ? So I get it now you are able to question owners as they are businessman but not the players who they contribute to paying arhh get it now thanks for clearing that up
      « Last Edit: Nov 05, 2020 06:06:58 pm by rossyred »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #2368: Nov 05, 2020 08:54:58 pm
      Who brought him in ? So I get it now you are able to question owners as they are businessman but not the players who they contribute to paying arhh get it now thanks for clearing that up

Klopp has an empathy with LFC, he wanted to manage the team and agreed to come here.
      His genius and global appreciation means top players are eager to play under him.
      FSG contribute nothing financially to the club, Liverpool FC are a self sustaining financial entity.

Do you 'get that'?.

Quick Reply