Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 391805 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #2990: Jul 30, 2022 12:39:14 pm
      Seriously question for a change, you not think he’s past his best?

Serious question Keith do you think the lad could improve the under achievers you support?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #2991: Jul 30, 2022 12:49:37 pm

He’s going to have his best season with us - he’s ready
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2992: Jul 30, 2022 12:51:05 pm
      Serious question Keith do you think the lad could improve the under achievers you support?

That’s answering a question with a question Stuey  :f_whistle:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2993: Jul 30, 2022 01:48:29 pm
      That’s answering a question with a question Stuey  :f_whistle:

The point is mate the player you dismiss as past it is actually better than the majority of the team you support right now, it was put as a question to emphasise the error of your questioning Firmino's status as a viable first choice player.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #2994: Jul 30, 2022 01:57:40 pm
      Never doubt or under-value Bobby.

Really hope he stays......I still believe we're at our best when he's on song. Last season was so stop / start due to injury......let's see how he is with a good pre-season and a bit of rhythm......
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2995: Jul 30, 2022 02:01:38 pm
      The point is mate the player you dismiss as past it is actually better than the majority of the team you support right now, it was put as a question to emphasise the error of your questioning Firmino's status as a viable first choice player.

Certainly disagree about  that but that’s going off subject. All I’m saying is he’s not the player he was, nothing less, nothing more. On last seasons performance he’s become a average player.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2996: Jul 30, 2022 02:25:05 pm
      Certainly disagree about  that but that’s going off subject. All I’m saying is he’s not the player he was, nothing less, nothing more. On last seasons performance he’s become a average player.

The fact that Jürgen Klopp has dismissed  any talk of transfer involving Firmino would dispute your opinion.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2997: Jul 30, 2022 02:27:25 pm
      The fact that Jürgen Klopp has dismissed  any talk of transfer involving Firmino would dispute your opinion.

Your right about one thing, it’s a opinion. What’s yours?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #2998: Jul 30, 2022 02:53:51 pm
      Your right about one thing, it’s a opinion. What’s yours?

In view of the manager's decision yours and my opinions are irrelevant, Klopp's faith in Firmino is all that matters and your obvious bias negates your opinion.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2999: Jul 30, 2022 03:00:18 pm
      In view of the manager's decision yours and my opinions are irrelevant, Klopp's faith in Firmino is all that matters and your obvious bias negates your opinion.

Christ Stuey it’s not like you going round the houses about a opinion. Ok i get it! You don’t want to say.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #3000: Jul 30, 2022 03:04:54 pm
      Christ Stuey it’s not like you going round the houses about a opinion. Ok i get it! You don’t want to say.

It's nailed on mate, Klopp rates him and that'll do for me, it really is irrelevant what your opinion is!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #3001: Jul 30, 2022 08:25:26 pm
      Brilliant again today
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3002: Jul 30, 2022 11:52:05 pm

No I do not. Serious answer.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3003: Jul 31, 2022 03:23:56 pm

Ok then…… seriously  :P
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #3004: Jul 31, 2022 03:58:05 pm
      Bobby plays with is Brains as well as his feet he sometimes needs game time to get in the groove I cant imagine any Liverpool supporter not wanting him here
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3005: Jul 31, 2022 11:47:21 pm
      Bobby plays with is Brains as well as his feet he sometimes needs game time to get in the groove I cant imagine any Liverpool supporter not wanting him here

There was a moment in the game vs City, I think it was in the 2nd half. Bobby got the ball out wide, just inside our half and instantly had 2 City players on him, he held the ball up and showed a nice piece of close control to get out of the position he was in, find the pass and set us on our way for another dangerous attack when he could’ve taken the easy option of just passing it back or falling to the ground to try and get a free kick. As soon as this happened it instantly made me think of Grealish. Every time Grealish gets the ball he’s the most predictable player on the pitch, he will kill the ball and start backing into the opposition player and he will either pass it backwards or just keep hold of the ball, going further and further away from the goal until he feels the slightest bit of contact and then he will hit the deck and throw his arms about as if he’s just been stopped from doing something productive. Bobby and Grealish, 2 players that received the similar type of ball and the difference was night and day; one player was trying to keep making positive movements with the ball to build something, the other was trying to keep his stat of being the most fouled player.

If anyone says Bobby is past it or isn’t an important player needs to look at the 100mill self obsessed tool at City and you will see who is the one positively impacting a game and which one isn’t. Bobby may not get the number of goals that he used to but a lot of what he does do goes completely unnoticed and it’s not until a player like that leaves that people then start to realise just how important they were to have in the team still. He’s not going to start every week, or even play a part every week, but he’s a player that Klopp knows he can rely on.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,448 posts | 1441 
      Reply #3006: Aug 01, 2022 05:41:46 pm
      It’s a genuine question though within itself. Is he passed his best regardless of what he has to offer or bring to the table.

I mean if your going to narrow it down to a specific point, if rather overscrupulous one then yes I suppose he is slightly past his best..but not past his sell by date. Cud say the same about Mo.

I mean if you buy mediocre then once they go past their best you're in the gloop..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3007: Aug 01, 2022 09:28:53 pm

Since he’s not as good as he used to be I’m happy he’s still here to Walt.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,337 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3008: Aug 01, 2022 09:31:39 pm
      I mean if your going to narrow it down to a specific point, if rather overscrupulous one then yes I suppose he is slightly past his best..but not past his sell by date. Cud say the same about Mo.

I mean if you buy mediocre then once they go past their best you're in the gloop..

Not said or even think he’s passed his sell by date mate, but yeah like you not as good as he once was. That’s all I’ve been saying right from the start really.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #3009: Aug 01, 2022 09:32:51 pm
      There was a moment in the game vs City, I think it was in the 2nd half. Bobby got the ball out wide, just inside our half and instantly had 2 City players on him, he held the ball up and showed a nice piece of close control to get out of the position he was in, find the pass and set us on our way for another dangerous attack when he could’ve taken the easy option of just passing it back or falling to the ground to try and get a free kick. As soon as this happened it instantly made me think of Grealish. Every time Grealish gets the ball he’s the most predictable player on the pitch, he will kill the ball and start backing into the opposition player and he will either pass it backwards or just keep hold of the ball, going further and further away from the goal until he feels the slightest bit of contact and then he will hit the deck and throw his arms about as if he’s just been stopped from doing something productive. Bobby and Grealish, 2 players that received the similar type of ball and the difference was night and day; one player was trying to keep making positive movements with the ball to build something, the other was trying to keep his stat of being the most fouled player.

If anyone says Bobby is past it or isn’t an important player needs to look at the 100mill self obsessed tool at City and you will see who is the one positively impacting a game and which one isn’t. Bobby may not get the number of goals that he used to but a lot of what he does do goes completely unnoticed and it’s not until a player like that leaves that people then start to realise just how important they were to have in the team still. He’s not going to start every week, or even play a part every week, but he’s a player that Klopp knows he can rely on.

Superb analysis
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3010: Aug 02, 2022 12:20:58 pm

Spot on.

And hopefully the club get Bobby a new deal he deserves.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3011: Aug 02, 2022 12:21:49 pm

He is only 30 yrs old as well. Not like he is anywhere near finished, especially with how fit players are these days.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #3012: Aug 02, 2022 12:25:54 pm
      Since he’s not as good as he used to be I’m happy he’s still here to Walt.  ;D

he had a succession of injuries last season or so and if he has had a good pre season he will feature a lot especially in big games. He probably has more footballing brains than the entire UTD front line. You have to have seen him over the years to really appreciate his very understated potent performances without him I doubt Mo or Sadio would be were they are today.

Quick Reply