Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 381579 times
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #598: Jan 23, 2016 08:01:12 pm
      I don't think it's fair to try and compare anyone to Suarez.

Fair enough. Just see some similarities in terms of build and style. But it's true, it wouldn't really be fair to either of them at this point.

Maybe just feeling overly optimistic about the situation.  :D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #599: Jan 23, 2016 08:03:10 pm
      Am I the only one who thinks there's a chance this lad becomes our new Suarez?

He's a similar player: not the fastest but strong and still can run, fantastic shot, great dribbler, tenacious attitude when he's on, knows how to set himself up in good positions.

If he can keep up this consistency of late, I could see him becoming such an asset.

Heard stories of a hard upbringing but there is only one Luis if he comes close we will be very lucky indeed.Done really well for us lately long me it continue
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #600: Jan 23, 2016 08:47:13 pm
      Such a calm and composed finish for his second goal today.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 967 
      Reply #601: Jan 23, 2016 11:50:33 pm
      Not only did he get a slight touch but he 100% meant it IMHO.

I thought so too.  It was a bit like his touch for Moreno a couple games back that put him through on goal, but Alberto couldn't direct his volley on target.  Roberto seems to have a great awareness of what is going on behind him, which is a special talent!!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #602: Jan 24, 2016 01:28:26 am
      Our only real quality signing of the Summer.

The lad is pure class.

That's nonsense. Gomez didn't look quality when he played? Ings wasn't quality when he played? Clyne hasn't been good all season? Even Benteke, who hasn't played brilliantly, has scored goals regularly for us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #603: Jan 24, 2016 01:45:06 am
      Gomez didn't look quality when he played? Ings wasn't quality when he played?  Clyne hasn't been good all season? Even Benteke, who hasn't played brilliantly, has scored goals regularly for us.

No, he didn't. Although he looked very promising, he looked sh*t scared every time there was a possibility of having to use his left foot and then his performances started to drop off after a couple of games because he got figured out and players started getting onto his left side. Though it wasn't his fault he was played out of position, but quality? no.

Ings was looking decent, our biggest threat until he got injured.

Clyne hasn't look great but he hasn't been poor, certainly not our worst player this season but not our best either, he's been pretty consistent but I still expect to see more from him.

Benteke has been pretty poor to be honest, sh*te for the money paid. 7 goals in near on 30 games. His lack of good performances and missing glorious chances is probably why he is spending so much time on the bench now.

Firmino, though got off to a slow start has been our best signing so far.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,634 posts | 3861 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #604: Jan 24, 2016 01:47:07 am
      Oh Captain, my captain.
      Of my FF team.
      Yerrrs!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #605: Jan 24, 2016 01:56:35 am
      No, he didn't. Although he looked very promising, he looked sh*t scared every time there was a possibility of having to use his left foot and then his performances started to drop off after a couple of games because he got figured out and players started getting onto his left side. Though it wasn't his fault he was played out of position, but quality? no.

Ings was looking decent, our biggest threat until he got injured.

Clyne hasn't look great but he hasn't been poor, certainly not our worst player this season but not our best either, he's been pretty consistent but I still expect to see more from him.

Benteke has been pretty poor to be honest, sh*te for the money paid. 7 goals in near on 30 games. His lack of good performances is probably why he is spending so much time on the bench now.

Firmino, though got off to a slow start has been our best signing so far.

Gomez was faultless against Arsenal, Stoke, Bournemouth, and in the Europa league games he played in. He had a poor game against West Ham and had a decent game against Man United until the mistake for the penalty.

Ings was playing very well.

Clyne has had a 7/10 season so far. He's been good. There aren't many better right backs in the league.

As for Benteke, using appearances is ridiculously unfair on him considering how many of those have been 15 minutes off the bench at the end of a game? He's got 6 goals and 2 assists in just under 1200 minutes in the league. That's not horrible by any stretch. Several of them have been game winners as well.

Firmino has had but a handful of good games. He was good against Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal, and Norwich. To be fair to him, his performances against Arsenal, Norwich, and City were outstanding. Other than that he's been fairly average or poor. I think Firmino will probably go on to be the best player out of this group (maybe Gomez could be), but there's no way at this point he's been our standout signing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #606: Jan 24, 2016 02:02:02 am

Gomez was faultless against Arsenal, Stoke, Bournemouth, and in the Europa league games he played in. He had a poor game against West Ham and had a decent game against Man United until the mistake for the penalty.

Ings was playing very well.

Clyne has had a 7/10 season so far. He's been good. There aren't many better right backs in the league.

As for Benteke, using appearances is ridiculously unfair on him considering how many of those have been 15 minutes off the bench at the end of a game? He's got 6 goals and 2 assists in just under 1200 minutes in the league. That's not horrible by any stretch. Several of them have been game winners as well.

Firmino has had but a handful of good games. He was good against Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal, and Norwich. To be fair to him, his performances against Arsenal, Norwich, and City were outstanding. Other than that he's been fairly average or poor. I think Firmino will probably go on to be the best player out of this group (maybe Gomez could be), but there's no way at this point he's been our standout signing.

It's a shame when you mention Gomez and Ings because I almost forget that they are in our squad and considering that both had really encouraging starts to their Liverpool careers that's sacrilege on my part! I really look forward to seeing both return. They and us as a team were dealt terrible luck with these two.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,717 posts | 3723 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #607: Jan 24, 2016 09:58:15 am
      He has been playing brilliantly lately and has found the net much more. I did not know before the past three-four weeks what he would bring to the team but I think when we have a proper striker, he can be our second striker or false nine.

Keep it up.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,831 posts | 2459 
      Reply #608: Jan 24, 2016 10:44:44 am
      That's nonsense. Gomez didn't look quality when he played? Ings wasn't quality when he played? Clyne hasn't been good all season? Even Benteke, who hasn't played brilliantly, has scored goals regularly for us.

I didn't say promising signing, I didn't say solid signing, I didn't say occasionally decent signing. I said "our only quality signing".

And I stand by it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #609: Jan 24, 2016 11:18:57 am
      He has a knack of going quiet in games then popping up with goals and assists. Almost as if the less involved in the game he is, the more dangerous he becomes.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #610: Jan 26, 2016 10:43:44 pm
      Absolutely love this player, never stops moving. Going to be immense when we get more quality around him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #611: Jan 26, 2016 10:44:58 pm
      Absolutely love this player, never stops moving. Going to be immense when we get more quality around him.

Agree. Firmino is going to shine if/when we get some competent attackers around him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #612: Jan 26, 2016 10:48:15 pm

Agreed Luke.  He's everywhere, for the whole game.  Love his attitude.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,313 posts | 4950 
      Reply #613: Jan 26, 2016 10:53:24 pm

Agree Luke.

He's going to be a fantastic player for us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #614: Jan 27, 2016 05:39:50 am
      Spot on Luke. Gonna be immense.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #615: Jan 27, 2016 09:00:04 am
      He's a striker, midfielder and fullback all in one with his work rate. Pops up everywhere.

Land a striker for him and Coutinho and we'll run riot.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,218 posts | 4417 
      Reply #616: Feb 04, 2016 04:29:48 pm
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #617: Feb 06, 2016 05:18:39 pm
      Feel sorry for him. Must be scratching his head thinking what more he could have done to get a win with this dogshite team.
      MOM today.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #618: Feb 06, 2016 05:19:49 pm
      Good man Roberto.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #619: Feb 06, 2016 05:23:01 pm
      Shining light today. Good to see Firmino is starting to find a level of consistency.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #620: Feb 06, 2016 05:29:44 pm
      Could see from his reaction after the final whistle how confused and hurt he was.

Quick Reply