Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 378833 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #966: Dec 06, 2016 06:13:30 am
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #967: Dec 06, 2016 11:48:01 am

Do you reckon that's after the £40,000,001 bid for Suarez?

Either way it's amazing
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #968: Dec 06, 2016 04:12:24 pm
      I can't get past the thought that the more ridiculous his hair becomes, his level of performance deteriorates in direct proportion. When he's good he's very good, but when he's bad he's really really bad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #969: Dec 06, 2016 04:52:23 pm
      I can't get past the thought that the more ridiculous his hair becomes, his level of performance deteriorates in direct proportion. When he's good he's very good, but when he's bad he's really really bad.

Yeah but he's mostly very very good
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #970: Dec 06, 2016 05:27:43 pm

He's a lot better when he isn't out wide. With Origi playing that was always going to happen though.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #971: Dec 09, 2016 09:48:59 am
      He's a lot better when he isn't out wide. With Origi playing that was always going to happen though.
      He's really good when he's in the middle, his movement in and around the box is very Suarez-esque. If he could become a bit more clinical infront of goal i'd happily have him as our 1st choice striker!
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #972: Dec 15, 2016 02:33:59 am
      Not worried at all about his recent dip in form. He'll get back to his best sooner than later because that's what quality players do.

It's not an easy choice but he's my current favorite LFC player regardless of form. I just love his football in general. A real hustler who is I believe the closest player (in terms of style) to that b***ard since he left us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #973: Dec 15, 2016 11:12:38 am
      This pretty much sums Firmino up for me, he's a great team player...

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/809344688402612225

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #974: Dec 15, 2016 10:53:50 pm
      5 games without a goal or assist. Hopefully he changes this next time out
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #975: Dec 20, 2016 01:41:29 pm
      Has been a bit quieter in last few games, though still working hard, is trying to be creative, go forward and make chances. Origi is maybe not contributing as much in general play, but he is getting goals.  Think if Bob gets that goal last night (that Coleman cleared), puts a different complexion on things for him ... just needs to knick a goal a little more often.  Generally though, happy enough with him right now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #976: Dec 20, 2016 01:48:18 pm
      Thought he was really poor last night, not just the missed chances but miss placed passes all over the place.

Has not really been at the level we know he can achieve for a few games now.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #977: Dec 20, 2016 02:46:10 pm
      Thought he was really poor last night, not just the missed chances but miss placed passes all over the place.

Ever since he ditched the topknot....coincidence?  I think not.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #978: Dec 20, 2016 09:48:20 pm

Really?

I thought he was better last night, got into more goal scoring chances and had it not been Coleman's goal line clearance, he would have ended his goal drought and killed the game off completely. Was denied by a very good save with a well taken effort from a corner too. Bit more luck and he'd have had a couple of goals to his name last night.

Origi has been in good form but I can't help but feel he hampers Firmino because Firmino has to play out on the left more and it's not where he wants to be, where as when Sturridge came on, Firmino was moving more central and playing more in the role he was before Coutinho got injured. There was more fluidity and that is a big part of his game IMO
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #979: Dec 20, 2016 10:02:20 pm
      Really?

I thought he was better last night, got into more goal scoring chances and had it not been Coleman's goal line clearance, he would have ended his goal drought and killed the game off completely. Was denied by a very good save with a well taken effort from a corner too. Bit more luck and he'd have had a couple of goals to his name last night.

Origi has been in good form but I can't help but feel he hampers Firmino because Firmino has to play out on the left more and it's not where he wants to be, where as when Sturridge came on, Firmino was moving more central and playing more in the role he was before Coutinho got injured. There was more fluidity and that is a big part of his game IMO

He was not any better than he has been recently which is way down on his early season form. A couple of shots on target doesn't mask his poor overall play. He broke up just as much if not more of our forward play last night as Origi with a very poor passing display. I'm not even going to mention his needless fouls esp the one just outside our box, Luckily Barkley took that one.

I saw the whole game again this morning and it's pretty clear for me anyway. Needs to up his game
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #980: Dec 20, 2016 10:06:39 pm
      He was not any better than he has been recently which is way down on his early season form. A couple of shots on target doesn't mask his poor overall play. He broke up just as much if not more of our forward play last night as Origi with a very poor passing display. I'm not even going to mention his needless fouls esp the one just outside our box, Luckily Barkley took that one.

I saw the whole game again this morning and it's pretty clear for me anyway. Needs to up his game

I'm not saying he doesn't need to up his game but IMO he was better. Your opinion, he wasn't, that's fine.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3935 
      Reply #981: Dec 20, 2016 10:10:08 pm
      I'm not saying he doesn't need to up his game but IMO he was better. Your opinion, he wasn't, that's fine.

I felt he was much better last night. Yes a few passes went astray but he was pressing, constantly moving and making himself available. Got himself 3 excellent chances too and on another night they would of gone in.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #982: Dec 20, 2016 10:15:04 pm

I think we all know how good he can be and its just dissapointing we have not seen the real Firmino for a while, but he's a quality player and sooner or later will snap out of this mini slump.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #983: Dec 20, 2016 10:16:55 pm
      Really?

Agree especially second para.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #984: Dec 20, 2016 11:04:24 pm
      Really?

Agreed. He isn't playing as well as he was at the start of the season, but he was indeed better last night. The two main reasons for his little slump are missing Coutinho, one of the players he links up with a lot and being shifted out wide to accommodate Origi. Doesn't necesarrily mean he is out of form as some say, just isn't able to play to his full potential out wide.

You can see how much better we play as a team when he is playing more central. We were much better in the second half against Middlesbrough when he moved there and he was better in the second half against Everton when playing more central. He barely had any shots on target the last few games when on the left. He gets to play more central and he has three big chances again. He has always been a bit sloppy with his passing, even when he is on top of his game. That's something he has to work on. I wanted Lallana to move into Coutinho's position, to keep the fluidity up front, but with Can being injured, that wasn't a possibility and Origi has done okay, though he was really poor yesterday.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #985: Jan 02, 2017 11:29:31 pm
      Lacking that big of magic we know he possesses, probably needs a rest and sit on the bench, just a shame we have no one to come in and cover which sums up the lack of quality with a couple of injuries outside of our first team.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,195 posts | 4406 
      Reply #986: Jan 09, 2017 11:56:26 am
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #987: Jan 09, 2017 12:33:35 pm
      Must be horrible when you're forced to spend Christmas in a hotel room rather than your own home because of a bunch of thug idiots. I bet the kids were so confused (depending on their age).
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #988: Jan 09, 2017 01:01:06 pm
      How do they know they stalked his home for days?

Did someone at the Echo do it?

Quick Reply