Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370318 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1265: Jun 28, 2017 02:20:08 pm
      Yes I must confess I read it myself and thought, let's be serious. I get that the lad rates Firmino, but comparing him with Suarez? Come on.
      Firmino is unlikely to be as good as Suarez.. but Suarez probably past his peak and Firmino still has his to come. I would not swap a 25 year old Firmino for a 30 year old Suarez, since in 2 years when Firmino is at his peak at 27, Suarez will be 32 and probably wanting to come back here anyway cos he won't be good enough for Barca anymore.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1267: Jul 06, 2017 11:01:56 pm
      https://twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/883083145972789252

John Barnes, he knew a thing or two about how to play the game.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1268: Jul 06, 2017 11:29:28 pm
      Firmino is unlikely to be as good as Suarez.. but Suarez probably past his peak and Firmino still has his to come. I would not swap a 25 year old Firmino for a 30 year old Suarez, since in 2 years when Firmino is at his peak at 27, Suarez will be 32 and probably wanting to come back here anyway cos he won't be good enough for Barca anymore.

I'm sorry but I would swap them in a heartbeat. Suarez will still be banging them in at 35... he's super fit, never injured and wants to improve every year.

Don't get me wrong, I love Firmino, but they're on two different levels
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1269: Jul 13, 2017 07:21:24 pm

Following the friendly in Australia. Jamie Carragher had some similar comments. I can't find them now, but it was answering a question about which player surprised you or impressed you or something, and Carra was singing the praises of Bobby's football instincts, etc.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1270: Jul 14, 2017 09:04:56 pm
      I'm sorry but I would swap them in a heartbeat. Suarez will still be banging them in at 35... he's super fit, never injured and wants to improve every year.

Don't get me wrong, I love Firmino, but they're on two different levels
      Strikers peak between 27-29. Suarez will still be banging them in at 35, but whilst he is getting worse Firmino will be improving. In 3 years when Firmino is 28 and Suarez is 33, who will be best? It is only around that time we will get the chance to get Suarez back, when he is not good enough for Barca anymore. Kind of like Everton with Rooney.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1271: Jul 16, 2017 04:19:59 am
      Following the friendly in Australia. Jamie Carragher had some similar comments. I can't find them now, but it was answering a question about which player surprised you or impressed you or something, and Carra was singing the praises of Bobby's football instincts, etc.

Same with Gerrard.

Class act. The glue to our attack.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1272: Jul 16, 2017 12:02:53 pm
      He is brilliant but needs to step it up to be world class. He has the talent to be one.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1273: Jul 27, 2017 05:55:37 pm
      First name on the team sheet. His movement, pressing, skill and coolness under pressure in and around the box. I would actually be more concerned if another club were sniffing around after him than any other player we have, I rate him that much.

I like Firmino but I don't think he's quite at that level to be the most essential player in our team. For me there were too many performances, particularly in the struggles after Christmas, that didn't really match up to par from him. From the very outset last season Mane was definitely first name on the team sheet for me. Extraordinary pace, control and work rate whenever he appeared on the field and, dare I say, he raised the levels of his fellow attackers around him in a fashion only Suarez has done in the last 5 years or so.

Would not doubt Firmino's ability to be the most important player for us though. I think he definitely has the capability to put in an extraordinary season for us and the good news is he's only 25, he's had two very good years in England under him already and he'll surely only get better!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1274: Jul 27, 2017 05:56:05 pm
      First name on the team sheet. His movement, pressing, skill and coolness under pressure in and around the box. I would actually be more concerned if another club were sniffing around after him than any other player we have, I rate him that much.

I'm pretty sure Coutinho is the first name on the team sheet.

Mane second.

Bobby is an important player still.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1275: Aug 12, 2017 02:18:06 am
      So with everything that's gone on...should this worry us?

Anfield HQ‏Verified account @AnfieldHQ
      Liverpool will look to extend Roberto Firmino's contract this season. 🇧🇷🔴 (Paul Joyce)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1276: Aug 12, 2017 10:20:41 am

Liverpool will look to extend Roberto Firmino's contract this season. 🇧🇷🔴 (Paul Joyce)

We should always be worried about the footballing side with the current business / recruitment model in place.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1277: Aug 12, 2017 03:22:41 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1278: Aug 12, 2017 03:41:55 pm

Well, if he has a boss season then expect Barca to come calling for him next.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1279: Aug 12, 2017 04:00:27 pm
      Thought he was great today, only reason we were in that game with a shout to win. We need three or four more of him.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1280: Aug 12, 2017 07:20:55 pm
      Poor today. Scored a peno, and had a shot going wide turned in by Salah.
      Apart from that, gave the ball away a lot and didn't think he took up good positions.
      His highlight was that little run he made to receive the ball which turned into the lob to Salah.
      Would expect him to sharpen up over coming weeks...
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1281: Aug 12, 2017 11:04:04 pm
      I thought he was neither great not terrible. Was isolated and ineffective in the first half, improved in the 2nd half and got himself into the game. Got a goal and an assist to his name so it can hardly be said that he didn't contribute.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1282: Aug 12, 2017 11:41:16 pm
      Drop him deeper let him be a creater
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1283: Aug 12, 2017 11:43:27 pm
      Drop him deeper let him be a creater

Not for me, I actually think he is more deadly further up the pitch, in and around the box.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1284: Aug 13, 2017 12:45:07 pm
      I actually thought he did pretty well yesterday. In fairness no striker in the world would have looked good for us the first half, in the second he was one of our better players IMHO.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1285: Aug 21, 2017 04:58:47 am
      0 goals from 7 in open play.

Pretty anonymous (like some of his team mates) at the weekend and thus far this season. Gone under the radar somewhat because some of his team mates have been even worse. Had a couple decent shots at the weekend but yet again his distribution was something left to be desired. Really poor for this level IMO. I'd have reservations about dropping him deeper in tighter areas because his control can either be sublime or erratic - like his game it's very inconsistent. And he doesn't have the same ball retention qualities as the likes of Lallana, Gini, and Coutinho do.

Another one in the squad/team who needs to notch it up a level or two. 
      « Last Edit: Aug 21, 2017 05:17:13 am by Beerbelly »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1286: Aug 21, 2017 09:30:35 am
      He should never be played on the left, either as our centre striker or in a deeper role in front of our two midfielder in a diamond shape.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1287: Aug 21, 2017 10:19:49 am
      Still first name on the team sheet for me.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

i agree, he does so much work for the team its almost like scoring goals is a bonus, even though I know that sounds bizarre. I also have this feeling that it will just click into place for Bobby then he'll start scoring for fun.

Quick Reply