Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 373553 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1311: Aug 23, 2017 04:32:46 pm
      Always gives me a chuckle this thread when the usual suspects start posting in it, those people who love throwing out accusations of hypocrisy and double standards, yet here they are slating Bobby for reasons they'll happily excuse others. With Bobby it's lack of goals, yet with Sturridge it's lack of service. Similarly, they'll tell you all day and night just how good Milner's penalties are, yet with Bobby the silence is deafening. You might think that would be enough but no, they'll solely blame Bobby for the Watford goal, yet Mignolet (who was stood almost as close) evades criticism.  As I said, all very amusing but ultimately predictable.

Truth is that Bobby, as always, has been one of our better players this year and will continue to be throughout the season, he's absolutely vital to the way we play. His creativity is so good that we've even see calls that he could take over from Coutinho, do you see that with any of our other players? No you don't because that level of versatility is so rare in players that it's obvious if we stuck Mane/Salah/Sturridge in there that their game would deteriorate but with Bobby it's easy to envisage him doing an excellent job. His critics might also want to read Danzel's recent post Moreno's thread, note how often Bobby's name pops up in our clearances/blocks/interceptions, yet amusingly people have used this in the past as a stick to beat him rather than dish out the credit he clearly deserves for this hard work.

So let's get to the whole point of their criticism and that's his goal scoring record. In the league his record is:

1 goal every 237 minutes, or 1 goal every 2.6 games

Is that so bad when he didn't take penalties for 2 years, he played wide left for many games and was almost the most creative player from open play in the entire league? Add that to his defensive game, the way he creates space for others and it truly astonishes me how people still continue to slate him. The funny thing is that I believe his goal scoring record will improve, I think he will get that ratio down to 1:2 and at that point it's going to be hilarious watching these people twist and squirm and look for reasons left to sling mud at him.

Between Mane, Firmino and Salah I wouldn't swap our front 3 for anyone in the premier league, devastating attack and if we get Coutinho back to top form, that front 4 will deliver an enormous amount of goals.

Keep it up Bobby, pure class.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1312: Aug 23, 2017 04:59:26 pm
      Always gives me a chuckle this thread when the usual suspects start posting in it, those people who love throwing out accusations of hypocrisy and double standards, yet here they are slating Bobby for reasons they'll happily excuse others. With Bobby it's lack of goals, yet with Sturridge it's lack of service. Similarly, they'll tell you all day and night just how good Milner's penalties are, yet with Bobby the silence is deafening. You might think that would be enough but no, they'll solely blame Bobby for the Watford goal, yet Mignolet (who was stood almost as close) evades criticism.  As I said, all very amusing but ultimately predictable.

Truth is that Bobby, as always, has been one of our better players this year and will continue to be throughout the season, he's absolutely vital to the way we play. His creativity is so good that we've even see calls that he could take over from Coutinho, do you see that with any of our other players? No you don't because that level of versatility is so rare in players that it's obvious if we stuck Mane/Salah/Sturridge in there that their game would deteriorate but with Bobby it's easy to envisage him doing an excellent job. His critics might also want to read Danzel's recent post Moreno's thread, note how often Bobby's name pops up in our clearances/blocks/interceptions, yet amusingly people have used this in the past as a stick to beat him rather than dish out the credit he clearly deserves for this hard work.

So let's get to the whole point of their criticism and that's his goal scoring record. In the league his record is:

1 goal every 237 minutes, or 1 goal every 2.6 games

Is that so bad when he didn't take penalties for 2 years, he played wide left for many games and was almost the most creative player from open play in the entire league? Add that to his defensive game, the way he creates space for others and it truly astonishes me how people still continue to slate him. The funny thing is that I believe his goal scoring record will improve, I think he will get that ratio down to 1:2 and at that point it's going to be hilarious watching these people twist and squirm and look for reasons left to sling mud at him.

Between Mane, Firmino and Salah I wouldn't swap our front 3 for anyone in the premier league, devastating attack and if we get Coutinho back to top form, that front 4 will deliver an enormous amount of goals.

Keep it up Bobby, pure class.

Massively agree, think he's vital to our football and without him we struggle in a lot of ways. The defenders do less because he wins the ball, the midfield do less because he does the pressing and the attack can do less because he creates so much for them.

Im not saying they can stroll about but they don't have to worry about other jobs, just their main focus.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1313: Aug 23, 2017 08:41:22 pm
      Think Bobby isn't great? Watch that first half again

Under the kop is bouncing
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1314: Aug 23, 2017 09:54:31 pm
      Absolute monster performance, completely ran the show.

Although no doubt somebody will be along to say he should have scored more than one  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1315: Aug 23, 2017 09:58:08 pm
      Can't think of many better displays he's given. Looked something else from start to finish. Supreme touch, lucid movement, productive passes - had it all!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1316: Aug 23, 2017 11:53:32 pm
      and to think Coutinho is trying to turn his back on this lad!!!

MOTM easily.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1317: Aug 25, 2017 01:57:41 pm
      I can't stop watching his cross for Can. It's like a thing of beauty.

Absolutely perfect.
      Guruji
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | 55 
      Reply #1318: Aug 25, 2017 09:26:09 pm
      But...but...he doesn't contribute enough goals.

Also, he was a committee signing who Rodgers didn't want, and because I still rate Brendan really highly, I don't believe Firmino will ever be good enough for us. Under Klopp, it's really obvious our main problem is scoring goals, and Firmino is at the centre of that. Central strikers should score goals, thats it - I don't care what else he offers, or how he suits the system we play.

:mad:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1319: Aug 25, 2017 09:42:05 pm
      Under Klopp, it's really obvious our main problem is scoring goals, and Firmino is at the centre of that

That line gave me a good laugh....nice one!

Kopite78
      Reply #1320: Aug 25, 2017 09:53:19 pm

Under Klopp, it's really obvious our main problem is scoring goals,

Of course it is

137 goals in 70 league games under Klopp

So yeah of course it's obviously our main issue

👍
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1321: Aug 25, 2017 09:55:47 pm

Also, he was a committee signing who Rodgers didn't want, and because I still rate Brendan really highly, I don't believe Firmino will ever be good enough for us. Under Klopp, it's really obvious our main problem is scoring goals, and Firmino is at the centre of that. Central strikers should score goals, thats it - I don't care what else he offers, or how he suits the system we play.

The sarcasm is strong with this one! (Think a couple of lads above may have misread it a little, more a dig at Firmino's detractors I think )
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1322: Aug 25, 2017 10:48:55 pm
      One good game against a side that has as much defensive discipline as an U8's team, and this thread is injected with life.

Let's hope it stays that way, and hope it doesn't die on it's arse again like it usually does when we've played a few bus parkers.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1323: Aug 25, 2017 10:52:47 pm

Last season he got 12 goals and 11 assists. He was also involved in a lot of goals that he didn't get assists for. I'd recommend watching some Liverpool games than re evaluating your opinion.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1324: Aug 25, 2017 11:01:57 pm
      Under Klopp, it's really obvious our main problem is scoring goals

So, you think we are okay at the back then? For the majority of us, defending is our main problem.

One good game against a side that has as much defensive discipline as an U8's team, and this thread is injected with life.

Let's hope it stays that way, and hope it doesn't die on it's arse again like it usually does when we've played a few bus parkers.

Standard  :roll:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1325: Aug 26, 2017 10:01:41 am
      Wondered when "Bobby hater" would pop in  :f_whistle:

Another paid up lobbyist - "Bobby Hater" pulled out the arse end of the forum no doubt.

I don't hate Bobby - the BS that gets thrown around here is unbelievable.

It's like any other player thread, look on these boards there's players under the microscope all the time - but the avatar crew have ring fenced Bobby. Where even one or two have embarrassingly ditched their original opinion's on Bobby and jumped the fence in order to attack those who haven't jumped on this fan boi loving. It's hilarious as much as it is sad that people feel the need to impress others by ganging up on someone who doesn't hold the same view as them. It's become like the Rafa Benitez thread and is a sad indictment of this forum where you're expected to curtail to a certain view.

What I won't do, is appease to cult like pressure on which players to tongue rim (in Bobby's case) and who to go
      'hell for leather' on (Lovren, Sturridge, Mignolet, Moreno, Clyne etc.), depending on which paid up members says so. I'm not buying into this sh*t. So, you can carry on peddling "Bobby Hater" for the price you pay, but in return it means I can think for myself which is way more rewarding.

Like I implied, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Bobby will make me eat my words when he's that same consistent 'world beater' against low block teams. Until then, I believe I reserve the right to give honest opinion. Clearly some cannot handle this.
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2017 10:43:06 am by Beerbelly »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1326: Aug 26, 2017 01:00:06 pm
      I don't think there's any doubt that Firmino is a really good player. Personally I'm just not convinced he's a really good centre forward, if we had one who stayed fit and could score goals/get selected, "Bobby" wouldn't divide opinion so much.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1327: Aug 26, 2017 02:35:42 pm
      This thread blows my mind.

He's our most important player - he's the one that makes the strongest part of our game so strong. He won't be dropped. He won't be replaced. It's not an experiment.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1328: Aug 26, 2017 02:38:32 pm
      This thread blows my mind.

He's our most important player - he's the one that makes the strongest part of our game so strong. He won't be dropped. He won't be replaced. It's not an experiment.

Me too, it's incredible.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1329: Aug 26, 2017 02:43:29 pm

Madness, isn't it?

It's like people purposely don't see that he effectively turns Mané and Salah in to strikers.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1330: Aug 26, 2017 02:58:00 pm
      Madness, isn't it?

It's like people purposely don't see that he effectively turns Mané and Salah in to strikers.

:lmao: Haha love it. Do you mean "turn them into strikers" in the sense that the onus on them to score is much higher as Bobby doesn't do it very often?

Just kidding, my guess is that IYHO the fact that Bobby vacates that central area so much and can slip them in with a pass "makes them into strikers".

That is unless you're at the "he makes them into strikers" with divine intervention, because he's God end of the spectrum. You never really know on here these days.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1331: Aug 26, 2017 06:35:16 pm
      I don't think Bobby is the messiah.

I do think he's a very naughty boy ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1332: Aug 26, 2017 08:20:06 pm
      I don't think Bobby is the messiah.

I do think he's a very naughty boy ;)

:lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1333: Aug 26, 2017 09:58:32 pm
      Just kidding, my guess is that IYHO the fact that Bobby vacates that central area so much and can slip them in with a pass "makes them into strikers".

Smart cookie.

Quick Reply