Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 374758 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1495: Nov 02, 2017 07:15:33 am
      That was filthy for the penalty last night.

Think heā€™s a wee bit unlucky to have lost pens - he hit the target against Sevilla
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1496: Nov 02, 2017 08:07:46 pm
      I do think it is that Luke, I just think that he does not always shows what he is truly capable of...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1497: Nov 03, 2017 11:01:40 pm
      That was filthy for the penalty last night.

Think heā€™s a wee bit unlucky to have lost pens - he hit the target against Sevilla

Hit the post on his miss didn't he? Either way though, he was looking confident and dispatching them well. Can't keep changing taker every time there is a miss. Look at the mess we were in with penalties a few years ago when we kept changing it and nobody could get confident with them; Carroll, Downing, Adam, Kuyt were all missing. Pick a player and stick to it. Christ Aguero missed 2 in the same game but is still stepping up for them and look how well he put his one away in the cup vs Wolves, calm as you like with a chip down the middle.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1498: Nov 03, 2017 11:51:13 pm
      Hit the post on his miss didn't he? Either way though, he was looking confident and dispatching them well. Can't keep changing taker every time there is a miss. Look at the mess we were in with penalties a few years ago when we kept changing it and nobody could get confident with them; Carroll, Downing, Adam, Kuyt were all missing. Pick a player and stick to it. Christ Aguero missed 2 in the same game but is still stepping up for them and look how well he put his one away in the cup vs Wolves, calm as you like with a chip down the middle.

Agreed.
      We had it with Milner, but he's a bench player these days.

I say give pens to Firmino and stick with him.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,525 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1499: Nov 04, 2017 07:58:22 pm
      Thought he had very good game today, worked really hard, touch and control good, passed and ran well, just struggled a bit to finish.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1500: Nov 04, 2017 08:41:39 pm
      So dynamic and capable in any formation. Support play was excellent - although he is still prone to giving the ball away cheaply as he did in the run up to their goal. Made amends for it seconds later with his contribution in AOO's goal.

Hard to believe there are still some who insist on Sturridge starting - increasingly becoming such an anodyne, orthodox...out of date British perspective on football. He doesn't have the work rate, the pressing ability nor the ability to come deep constantly and provide for the likes of Salah and Mane. Studge is a lone gunman but as seen today, with the likes of Mane and Salah (even Ox) on the field Firmino is an enabler of all these talents. With Studge on the field you look to maximise just one players ability - his. With Firmino on the field you look to maximise a vast number of talents around him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1501: Nov 04, 2017 08:43:28 pm
      So dynamic and capable in any formation. Support play was excellent - although he is still prone to giving the ball away cheaply as he did in the run up to their goal. Made amends for it seconds later with his contribution in AOO's goal.

Hard to believe there are still some who insist on Sturridge starting - such a Jurassic age argument. He doesn't have the work rate, the pressing ability nor the ability to come deep constantly and provide for the likes of Salah and Mane. Studge is a lone gunman but as seen today, with the likes of Mane and Salah (even Ox) on the field Firmino is an enabler of all these talents. With Studge on the field you look to maximise just one players ability - his. With Firmino on the field you look to maximise a vast number of talents around him.

Against the bus parkers especially i still think there is a role for studge
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1502: Nov 04, 2017 08:44:08 pm
      Agreed.
      We had it with Milner, but he's a bench player these days.

I say give pens to Firmino and stick with him.

Give the pens to bertie
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1503: Nov 04, 2017 09:03:18 pm
      Against the bus parkers especially i still think there is a role for studge

Not saying there isn't a role for Studge - he showed last week he still has a lot to give at this club. But not in the way we want to ideally play. That's for Firmino.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #1504: Nov 04, 2017 09:07:34 pm
      Very good today.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Reply #1505: Nov 04, 2017 09:15:19 pm
      Underrated today. He worked his balls off.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1506: Nov 04, 2017 09:33:48 pm
      I thought it wasn't his best performance today, still good mind but guilty of giving the ball away to often.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,152 posts | 1090 
      Reply #1507: Nov 04, 2017 09:34:29 pm
      Underrated today. He worked his balls off.

That could be said for most games. Definitely true for today.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1508: Nov 04, 2017 09:42:39 pm
      Seemed on the rare occasion that he gave the ball away that he tracked back and either made amends personally or created the situation for us to get procession.
      So much hard work by a player that is so hard to define and is certainly one of the most unbrazilian type of player at times...which has proved utterly invaluable.
      If he could only score a few more goals he would be utterly brilliant but saying that, the opportunities he creates is so impressive.

Anyone have any thoughts on who you could compare him to? Past or present?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1509: Nov 05, 2017 09:19:04 pm
      Love how Klopp said that when he was subbed, Klopp said to him, "fantastic game" and Roberto replied back that he was upset he didn't score. Great attitude.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,152 posts | 1090 
      Reply #1510: Nov 19, 2017 12:04:22 am
      He is such a pest for the other team. His dirty work gets unnoticed by many (not in here) but he is CRIMINALLY underrated. Solid game again
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #1511: Nov 19, 2017 08:58:22 am
      Absolutely immense against Southampton, a lot of what happened including the goals came from his work, brilliant.

Yep just watch him he is unreal.

Almost everything he does is sooo F***ing good.

1) His tracking back and tackling/stealing the ball is second to none. He is tirelessly and relentlessly at the heals of everyone virtually the whole game and gets the ball 90% of the times he commits.

2) His passing and ball control is top drawer, once he gets it he rarely loses it and on the rare occasion he does see point 1.

3) His movement and runs are top drawer, virtually always an option and when he's not he usually makes a run to drag an opponent out of position to make a little bit of space for someone else.

4) Probably the only place he can improve is his finishing. Think I heard them say he was the only player to hit 100 games so far under Klopp and is his top scorer on 30 goals.

Just a little under 1 in 3 which isn't too bad with everything else he does but a few more goals would be great.

He is currently my favourite player and has been for a while. I think we would struggle quite a bit if he was injured for an extended period.

Keep up the good work Bob YNWA.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1512: Nov 19, 2017 09:15:47 am
      In the interests of ā€œbalanceā€ can we all agree heā€™s a great talent / character and a huge asset to our team......BUT itā€™d be nice if he scored a few more.........?

I think that should be a compromise everybody can get onboard with 👍
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1513: Nov 19, 2017 10:02:06 am
      He is such a pest for the other team. His dirty work gets unnoticed by many (not in here) but he is CRIMINALLY underrated. Solid game again

I agree, he is the ideal Klopp player. He is a live wire for their defense. He never stop trying to sniff their ball. He won many balls and he is our 'striker', one which lead to Salah's brilliant goal.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1514: Nov 19, 2017 10:42:00 pm
      In the interests of ā€œbalanceā€ can we all agree heā€™s a great talent / character and a huge asset to our team......BUT itā€™d be nice if he scored a few more.........?

I think that should be a compromise everybody can get onboard with 👍

Going to sound a bit far-fetched but so many of our goals may as well have Firmino's name on them with the work he does.

But yes, i think his finishing could use some work. He does snatch a bit at his chances.

Immense again, though. The first goal was because of his defence, the second was because of his run back in midfield to pull VVD out of the line and the third came from a rebound after his effort on goal.

Phenomenal player.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1515: Nov 19, 2017 10:54:15 pm
      He was immense yesterday, the tracking back, the forward runs, the awareness is there for all to see, it was great hearing his name sung all over the Kop yesterday, he must have felt 10 feet tall and you can see the confidence oozing out of him, not afraid to try anything and with such a great support team around him, he'll go far for sure and of course JĆ¼rgen absolutely purrs over him, keep up the good work Bobby lad  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,267 posts | 6367 
      Reply #1516: Nov 19, 2017 11:37:49 pm
      One of my favorite current players. He just seems to always be having fun and always looking to make the right play, even if sometimes it doesnā€™t come off. Heā€™s also a defensive beast. Rare type of player in my opinion. 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1517: Nov 21, 2017 08:39:23 pm
      So good he doesnā€™t even look at the ball or the goal when he shoots  :lmao:

Quick Reply