Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370470 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1587: Feb 02, 2018 10:43:46 pm
      He's actually probably one of the few South Americans I can think of who would stay loyal and not want Barca/Madrid. Very much like Lucas IMO, will stay at the club for as long as they possibly can. Lucas had managers trying to get rid of him on a few occassions but he wasn't going anywhere, although Klopp wont push for Bobby to leave, there will come a time someone comes calling for him but I don't think for a second he'll be handing in a transfer request, angling for a move or generally being a tool like Coutinho.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1588: Feb 02, 2018 10:54:26 pm
      Goals Scored This Season:

Roberto Firmino: 17 18

Romelu Lukaku: 15
      Ɓlvaro Morata: 12
      Gabriel Jesus: 10
      Alexandre Lacazette: 8

Many say Liverpool need an out-and-out striker :D

Says it all.

Excluding his actual skill as a footballer, I just f**king love him as a human being!
      Absolute madman!
      Cracks me up!
      Easily my fav player....

...and this.

How many times I've given Bobby MOTM so  far this season hasn't given many others a look-in.
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2018 11:06:57 pm by MIRO »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1589: Feb 02, 2018 10:56:37 pm

18 now. More than capable of hitting 30.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1590: Feb 03, 2018 06:21:43 am
      We need to give him a bigger contract. Money talks. To be honest, he deserves it.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1591: Feb 04, 2018 12:49:02 am
      More than that anything Engine is our real captain. IMO he works harder than anyone on a game to game basis and he makes everyone around him better. He is selfless and a great team player. Love em.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1592: Feb 04, 2018 12:39:59 pm
      Firmino was regarded as a 'false No 9' at the start of the season and eyebrows were raised that he started ahead of Daniel Sturridge and more orthodox centre-forwards.

Yet the Brazilian has justified Kloppā€™s faith with 19 goals this season and ahead of Sunday's big game against Spurs at Anfield, the Liverpool manager thinks he and Kane share a lot in common.

ā€˜Of all the strikers we have in England, they are the most similar ā€“ they're everywhere.

ā€˜Harry is more coming from the 9 and a little bit on the 10 while Roberto is coming from the 10 and doing a bit more but is also a 9, he's just so important for us.

ā€˜You realise it the day after the game when you look at the figures and see ā€œwow, what a number of high sprints and high distance runsā€.

ā€˜When you look at him in training the next day it's all good, he walks normal. On the second day of recovery he looks fresh again.

ā€˜That makes him so special, he's always ready. That makes him an interesting package as a football player because he's not fixed on a position.ā€™

One difference might be Kaneā€™s obsession with scoring goals as he chases a third consecutive Golden Boot, something only Alan Shearer and Thierry Henry have managed in the Premier League era.

Firmino can also provide assists. Klopp said: ā€˜His desire to score is big but to be honest he doesn't really give a s*** over whether he passes the ball or scores himself, it makes no difference, and that's rare, you cannot tell somebody that.ā€™

Klopp has been criticised for rotating his players more than rival managers through the season but he hopes heā€™ll see the benefit as we get to the business end of the season with his side chasing a top-four place again.

ā€˜The reason (for rotation) was always fresh legs and to be fresh in this part of the season. This is the decisive part of the season. It is why you build the basis in the first part of the season and get what you get in the second half.ā€™

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5349045/Klopp-believes-Firmino-closest-thing-Kane.html

He needs a new contract and a song!!!

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1593: Feb 04, 2018 06:32:58 pm
      He looked absolutely knackered today. Poor lad can't get a F***ing rest.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #1594: Feb 04, 2018 07:06:18 pm
      Definitely needs a rest.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1595: Feb 04, 2018 07:10:02 pm
      Yep. looked tired today, but still ran his ass off.
      Bit sloppy with flics and tho balls.

But would I have started Ings or Solanke ? Probably not for this one.  So no choice but to flog the horse till have better quality backup.

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1596: Feb 04, 2018 07:17:26 pm
      Yep. looked tired today, but still ran his ass off.
      Bit sloppy with flics and tho balls.

But would I have started Ings or Solanke ? Probably not for this one.  So no choice but to flog the horse till have better quality backup.

Did he really need to play until the 89th minute against Huddersfield midweek when we were 3-0 up though? With the intensity he's required to play every game I'm not surprised that he looked exhausted today. It's baffling how weak our bench is and it's really not fair for our main players especially in a World Cup year.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1597: Feb 04, 2018 07:21:03 pm
      Did he really need to play until the 89th minute against Huddersfield midweek when we were 3-0 up though? With the intensity he's required to play every game I'm not surprised that he looked exhausted today.

Yea, completely agree.
      Firmino has been brilliant for us, but he needs a break now and again.
      I'd have started Ings against Huddersfield tbh.
      And maybe he (Ings) should start against Saints.

With CL coming up we need to give Bob a rest or he's not going to able to perform the way we know he can in the big games.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #1598: Feb 04, 2018 09:41:04 pm
      He looked absolutely knackered today. Poor lad can't get a F***ing rest.

He did but unfortunately he's going to get flogged to death to the end of the season.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #1599: Feb 05, 2018 08:52:53 am
      he tried to be a bit clever with that glancing header instead of thumping to the keepers left..ah well.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #1600: Feb 05, 2018 10:56:47 am
      Firmino and Mane both look in need of a rest, but we don't have sufficient cover to replace them.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1601: Feb 05, 2018 10:59:46 am
      Tbh Iā€™m not sure he did look tired yesterday so much as an off-day.

I think thereā€™s a bit of confirmation bias re the lack of signings coming through.

If that form continues for a couple of weeks then it gains credence as a hypothesis.

To me, at the moment, it was just a poor performance. His touch rather than his legs that seemed missing to me.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1602: Feb 05, 2018 11:12:13 am

I think thereā€™s a bit of confirmation bias re the lack of signings coming through.

If that form continues for a couple of weeks then it gains credence as a hypothesis.

To me, at the moment, it was just a poor performance. His touch rather than his legs that seemed missing to me.

Firmino just like Mane have set such high standards that when they are slightly off their game it is so noticeable, complete opposite of players like Gini and Can where you can count decent performances on one hand.

Kopite78
      Reply #1603: Feb 05, 2018 11:15:22 am

Depends mate, Bobby is unique in it really as he is none stop, up down, side to side.
      A leader of our press

Last season I felt he tired towards the end of year too and for the sake of comparison he played 41 last season, all comps
      This season by the first week in Feb he's played 35 already

Yesterday he did look leggy live to me, wasn't really driving or leading the press.

Likelihood is he will be nearer 50 games this season as opposed to his 40 last
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1604: Feb 05, 2018 11:18:57 am
      Depends mate, Bobby is unique in it really as he is none stop, up down, side to side.
      A leader of our press

Last season I felt he tired towards the end of year too and for the sake of comparison he played 41 last season, all comps
      This season by the first week in Feb he's played 35 already

Yesterday he did look leggy live to me, wasn't really driving or leading the press.

Likelihood is he will be nearer 50 games this season as opposed to his 40 last

Oh it could be mate, no doubt, but time is the only thing that'll tell that.

Iā€™m just mindful of some lurching into ā€œsee we are fu**ed......yada yada yadaā€.....

The ā€œsky is falling inā€ Chicken Little brigade......
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1605: Feb 05, 2018 12:34:11 pm
      Firmino and Mane both look in need of a rest, but we don't have sufficient cover to replace them.

It's all to do with how incompetent our midfield is at keeping hold of the ball in the final 3rd of the game.

The defence & midfield drops deep, the forwards then have to drop, we get the ball but boot it long means they then have to push up and try and chase down the ball. It's a vicious cycle that sees our forwards being drained of their energy because our players lose their sh*t trying to defend a 1 goal lead.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1606: Feb 05, 2018 08:47:51 pm
      The player I was most excited to see live and he had a bit of a mare, to be honest. Nothing really coming off for him and his first touch was lacking. Not sure whether he was tired or not (he hasnā€™t looked it any other stage in the season); think he just had a poor game. Heā€™s more than entitled to have an off day, I just wish it hadnā€™t been when I was there  :'(
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1607: Feb 10, 2018 04:54:56 pm
      Very pleased with this statement from Bobby, in today's Echo:

ā€œI believe that the victory over Manchester City has been proof that our team will fight for good things and I hope that we can end the season celebrating a title with the fans.

ā€œLiverpool are one of the greats in Europe and being able to be part of the history of such a great club is gratifying to me.

ā€œI work hard every day to give my best and I believe that the fans, the coaching staff and the board recognise my delivery by wearing that shirt.

ā€œIā€™m very happy here at Liverpool and I do not see myself out of that club for years to come.

ā€œI feel very good here in Liverpool. I am very adapted to the city, the club, and the warmth I receive from the fans makes me even happier with the work we are producing.

ā€œI have already participated in some marketing actions of the club and it has always been very nice to feel this affection of the young fans with me. ā€œAnd all this support makes me even more willing to conquer great things wearing the shirt of Liverpool.

ā€œI am very happy here at Liverpool and my thinking is to build a history with many victories and titles by that club. I have a contract with Liverpool until 2020 and I hope to keep it.

ā€œI believe that I am living one of the best phases of my career and I owe much to the trust that the club has placed in me from the beginning.

ā€œThe arrival of JĆ¼rgen Klopp was very important for my growth within the team.

ā€œSince he arrived here at Liverpool, he has changed my positioning, put me playing as a forward and that was the watershed for me here at the club. ā€œAs I played in another role at Hoffeinheim, behind the attackers, I needed some time to adjust.

ā€œBut the more I play, the more I train, the more I feel comfortable acting as an attacker and things are happening in a positive way for me and the team.ā€

Refreshingly loyal and grateful.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1608: Feb 10, 2018 06:32:27 pm
      Very pleased with this statement from Bobby, in today's Echo:

ā€œI believe that the victory over Manchester City has been proof that our team will fight for good things and I hope that we can end the season celebrating a title with the fans.

ā€œLiverpool are one of the greats in Europe and being able to be part of the history of such a great club is gratifying to me.

ā€œI work hard every day to give my best and I believe that the fans, the coaching staff and the board recognise my delivery by wearing that shirt.

ā€œIā€™m very happy here at Liverpool and I do not see myself out of that club for years to come.

ā€œI feel very good here in Liverpool. I am very adapted to the city, the club, and the warmth I receive from the fans makes me even happier with the work we are producing.

ā€œI have already participated in some marketing actions of the club and it has always been very nice to feel this affection of the young fans with me. ā€œAnd all this support makes me even more willing to conquer great things wearing the shirt of Liverpool.

ā€œI am very happy here at Liverpool and my thinking is to build a history with many victories and titles by that club. I have a contract with Liverpool until 2020 and I hope to keep it.

ā€œI believe that I am living one of the best phases of my career and I owe much to the trust that the club has placed in me from the beginning.

ā€œThe arrival of JĆ¼rgen Klopp was very important for my growth within the team.

ā€œSince he arrived here at Liverpool, he has changed my positioning, put me playing as a forward and that was the watershed for me here at the club. ā€œAs I played in another role at Hoffeinheim, behind the attackers, I needed some time to adjust.

ā€œBut the more I play, the more I train, the more I feel comfortable acting as an attacker and things are happening in a positive way for me and the team.ā€

Refreshingly loyal and grateful.
      ā€œGratifyingā€
      ā€œParticipatedā€
      ā€œWatershedā€

Seems our Brazilian has a very good grasp of the English language...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1609: Feb 11, 2018 01:54:20 am
      ā€œGratifyingā€
      ā€œParticipatedā€
      ā€œWatershedā€

Seems our Brazilian has a very good grasp of the English language...

Given with assistance, no doubt, but I also don't doubt he approved the words.

Quick Reply