Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370172 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #1863: Sep 19, 2018 06:21:58 pm
      Stunning goal and he shot with confidence :)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1864: Sep 19, 2018 08:59:42 pm
      https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1042495144656883719

Looking good in those goggles Bobby.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1865: Sep 28, 2018 11:54:22 pm
      Stevie raves about Bobby ..

Roberto Firmino: Steven Gerrard says forward is 'the key' to Liverpool

Brazil forward Roberto Firmino is "the key" to Liverpool's "best squad for a very long time", says former captain Steven Gerrard.

Jürgen Klopp's side are top of the Premier League after winning all six of their top-flight games this season.

Firmino, 26, has two goals and two assists in the league, and also scored the winner against Paris St-Germain in the Champions League.

"Firmino is an absolute genius when you watch him close up," said Gerrard.

"He's as interested in setting up a goal as scoring one."

Rangers manager Gerrard acknowledged Liverpool's other frontline forwards - Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane - are vital to their success but added: "The key is Firmino."

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live, he added: "They've got decent back-up - if they were to lose Salah or Mane, Daniel Sturridge seems to be in good shape and scoring goals and then they've got Divock Origi and Dominic Solanke."

Liverpool signed Firmino from Hoffenheim in 2015, shortly after Gerrard's final season as a Reds player. The former England midfielder returned to Anfield as a youth coach until his move to Ibrox in May.

"Every time I received the ball he was always available and looking for other players - he's a dream to play with," said Gerrard.

Gerrard won the Champions League, the Uefa Cup, two FA Cups and three League Cups during his 17 seasons at Anfield but said his Liverpool sides "were short in certain positions" in failing to win the Premier League title.

"I look at Liverpool now and can't find any weaknesses when they're at full strength," he said.

"This is a lot stronger than the team I played in - it's Liverpool's best squad for a very long time.

"The only thing they haven't got going for them is the experience. As someone who went very close, we lacked that experience."
      'Milner is in the form of his life'

Gerrard also said the standard of James Milner's performances this season has given summer signings Naby Keita and Fabinho the time to "find their feet" in Liverpool's midfield.

"Milner is causing them selection problems. He's in the form of his life," he said.

"On current form he is the first name on the teamsheet."

And Gerrard added that goalkeeper Alisson, who joined from Roma this summer in a deal worth up to a reported £66.8m, and centre-back Virgil van Dijk, a £75m signing from Southampton in January, have "made a big difference".

"Liverpool have looked a different animal since Van Dijk came in and Alisson brings more composure and trust," he said.

"In time that'll be the big difference - the front three will always score goals and the midfielders back them up too - but it's all been about trying to improve defensively and they're very close."

All true Stevie ... you'll never know how much we wanted you to get a title medal to complete the set.

Legend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45687533
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1866: Oct 08, 2018 08:46:55 am
      Probably the worst game I've seen Bobby play. Honestly lost count of the amount of misplaced passes he did.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1867: Oct 20, 2018 07:33:39 pm
      Needs to have a good word with himself.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1868: Oct 20, 2018 07:39:28 pm

After taking a finger in the eye I’ll give Bob the benefit of doubt & can see his performance get better..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1869: Oct 20, 2018 08:37:44 pm

Same can be said for all the forward players. Completely out of form.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1870: Oct 20, 2018 08:49:07 pm
      Same can be said for all the forward players. Completely out of form.

The team is disjointed maybe the influx of players has caused a bit of disruption but imagine what we will be like when we click
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1871: Nov 03, 2018 08:59:25 pm
      Said it in the match thread, but I think the single biggest reason we are bit off just now ( even though the results are still ok) is Bobby's poor form up front.

He is the one who leads our press from the front, and he just isn't doing it with the same intensity as usual. Our whole high press seems to be suffering. Likewise, when we are in possession he is not providing the central focal point of attack that he did last year. That pass to him up front never seems to be on. I'm not seeing him get the ball up top, take 2 or 3 touches to allow Mo and Sadio to run off him, and then play them in. Mane and Salah always seem to be trying to play each other in, while Bobby is somewhere behind the play.

So it seems to me anyway. I had a look for his stats but couldn't find any for this season. My thoughts are that he is maybe not 100% fit for whatever reason. ( He is definitely way off form.) I'd be thinking of playing Mo up top, and Shaq wide for a game or 2. See how it goes and give Bob some R n R.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1872: Nov 04, 2018 08:49:13 am
      Body language looks right off with him at the moment.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1873: Nov 04, 2018 11:28:14 am
      Body language looks right off with him at the moment.

Won't be long before he joins his mate
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1874: Nov 04, 2018 11:46:12 am
      Won't be long before he joins his mate

Lucas ?
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1875: Nov 04, 2018 12:01:21 pm
      Ha Ha Yeh that's the one 😉
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1876: Nov 04, 2018 08:06:15 pm
      Yep was Daniel even on the bench? Thought he should have come on for Bobby who was invisible for most of the game.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1877: Nov 04, 2018 08:11:24 pm
      Yep was Daniel even on the bench? Thought he should have come on for Bobby who was invisible for most of the game.
      yea he was on the bench
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1878: Nov 05, 2018 06:33:03 am
      2 goals in 11 PL appearances. Not got enough
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1879: Nov 05, 2018 09:35:12 am

The bigger worry is the all round game which seems to be off . Would definitely be playing Sturridge on Tuesday especially now that the pressing duties are not needed as much with how we are currently  playing
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1880: Nov 05, 2018 10:08:24 am
      The bigger worry is the all round game which seems to be off . Would definitely be playing Sturridge on Tuesday especially now that the pressing duties are not needed as much with how we are currently  playing

This is the key difference between us and Citeh at the moment, they have options up top we have none, not really. Yes I know Sturridge has been good so far but really only as an impact sub, we literally have no realistic options aside from our current front three and I think this lack of competition is hurting us. The decision to not get Fekir or a similar player is really starting to bite us I think.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1881: Nov 05, 2018 10:41:42 am
      This is the key difference between us and Citeh at the moment, they have options up top we have none, not really. Yes I know Sturridge has been good so far but really only as an impact sub, we literally have no realistic options aside from our current front three and I think this lack of competition is hurting us. The decision to not get Fekir or a similar player is really starting to bite us I think.

Yes I agree think Sturridge has been underused even as a sub TBH our most natural finisher by a mile . This area needs looking at even in Janaury
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1882: Nov 05, 2018 10:50:11 am
      Would definitely look to rest him. I read he has started near 70 odd games this year alone and the way he plays he needs to be all guns blazing.

I would give him the next two games on the bench as he will have international duty aswel.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1883: Nov 06, 2018 02:26:06 am
      I said before start season we need forward because front three play lot football with world cup we need fresh up, if front three don't start get goals one or two back line get injury we not hope in hell winning league or even second spot
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1884: Nov 06, 2018 05:14:48 pm
      Form is temporary..

To look at another stat, Firmino has scored or assisted 19 goals in the champions league since the beginning of last season, more than any other player in that time.

I don’t think Firmino should ever really be judged on his goal scoring though because he is not a traditional striker. I’m confident that if you replaced Firmino with any other ‘striker’ last season then Salah does not get half as many goals.

Saying all that, his performances clearly haven’t been up to the standard of last season even outwith the goals but he will come good. I don’t see anyone benefitting from dropping him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1885: Nov 16, 2018 10:14:30 am
      Not getting the goals isn’t usually an issue with Bobby, his performances usually have nearly just as much of an impact in the sense that his work rate, and general involvement in the goals makes up for it. But right now, he’s offering us next to nothing, his performances simply haven’t been good enough and it’s been like that most the season. Right now, I don’t know why he’s starting ahead of Sturridge.
      Hope we see the old Bobby back after the break.

Quick Reply