Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 375846 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,289 posts | 1664 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2369: Nov 05, 2020 09:59:41 pm
      Klopp has an empathy with LFC, he wanted to manage the team and agreed to come here.
      His genius and global appreciation means top players are eager to play under him.
      FSG contribute nothing financially to the club, Liverpool FC are a self sustaining financial entity.

Do you 'get that'?.

"And agreed to come here " Who the F**k did he agree it with ? Himself ? His Dog maybe ? They went out and got one of the best give them some credit FFS
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2370: Nov 06, 2020 11:42:51 am
      "And agreed to come here " Who the F**k did he agree it with ? Himself ? His Dog maybe ? They went out and got one of the best give them some credit FFS

Pull your F***ing neck in.
      Obviously Klopp agreed with the party, FSG in this case, to come to Anfield.
      After their monumental F**k ups previously they had to get something right.

He didn't come to Anfield because of the outstanding business acumen of NESV, as stated JĆ¼rgen Klopp had an empathy with LFC and interrupted his traditional 7 year break to bring success to a club on its knees.

You didn't address your error in stating FSG were paying for top players when JWH himself stated he would not use his own dosh in the running of the club, that is par for the course for
      pre-Klopp FSG ilIusionists.
      One man is responsible for our success and that is the manager.

NESV will profit enormously when they do cash in the asset that is LFC, if and when Klopp gets off that could be the time they sell on - let's hope that scenario does not materialise for many, many years; the businessmen and the supporters will be happy in equal measure.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2371: Nov 06, 2020 12:45:07 pm
      Maybe go back to last season as well. Look I am not just using stats which is behind its the in game analysis his touch at times,  passing and general movement looks off compared to standards set previously.  There are other posters who are saying similiar and I just happen to have that opinion I can clearly see you disagree and thats fine so let's just leave it at that

He's always like that at the beginning of a season though, still puts the hard yards in, then BANG, a moment of genius out of nowhere.

I remember an interview where he went to Klopp, concerned he wasn't getting enough goals, and Klopp basically told him "just keep doing what you do".

Stats are a very poor measure of Firmino's play, he creates so much space between the lines, around the box and in midfield, and he simply never stops.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #2372: Nov 06, 2020 12:57:51 pm
      Pull your f**king neck in.
      Obviously Klopp agreed with the party, FSG in this case, to come to Anfield.
      After their monumental f**k ups previously they had to get something right.

He didn't come to Anfield because of the outstanding business acumen of NESV, as stated JĆ¼rgen Klopp had an empathy with LFC and interrupted his traditional 7 year break to bring success to a club on its knees.

You didn't address your error in stating FSG were paying for top players when JWH himself stated he would not use his own dosh in the running of the club, that is par for the course for
      pre-Klopp FSG ilIusionists.
      One man is responsible for our success and that is the manager.

NESV will profit enormously when they do cash in the asset that is LFC, if and when Klopp gets off that could be the time they sell on - let's hope that scenario does not materialise for many, many years; the businessmen and the supporters will be happy in equal measure.

You're clutching a bit here mate.

We were hardly a club "on its knees" before Klopp arrived. We had come within a hare's breath of winning the league title under Rodgers and had won a cup under Kenny so it wasn't all doom and gloom. FSG were clearly moving in the right direction and when they saw an opportunity to get to a higher level they jumped on in immediately in hiring JĆ¼rgen.

The owners are not perfect and there were a few bumps on the road to get where we are now but what they have achieved in taking the club to where it is now is hugely impressive. Yes JĆ¼rgen is a huge part of the success but you have to give them credit for putting the structure for our success in place.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2373: Nov 06, 2020 01:38:14 pm

We were hardly a club "on its knees" before Klopp arrived. We had come within a hare's breath of winning the league title under Rodgers and had won a cup under Kenny so it wasn't all doom and gloom. FSG were clearly moving in the right direction and when they saw an opportunity to get to a higher level they jumped on in immediately in hiring JĆ¼rgen.

The owners are not perfect and there were a few bumps on the road to get where we are now but what they have achieved in taking the club to where it is now is hugely impressive. Yes JĆ¼rgen is a huge part of the success but you have to give them credit for putting the structure for our success in place.

Including poaching Michael Edwards from Spurs.

A F***ing masterstroke that was.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2374: Nov 06, 2020 01:55:12 pm
      I mean I'm genuinely trying to understand why people are getting on Bobby so much. His output may be a tad off, but he always seems to start off the season a little slow. If it's just "Well I think he just looks like he's not as involved" then yea, not much use for discussion because apparently different people are seeing different things.   

I believe the reason he is the whipping boy of the current period is that he is (maybe was) keeping our new shiny toy Jota on the bench which put a bullseye on his back.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2375: Nov 06, 2020 02:20:54 pm

I credit their business acumen in waiting for the perfect juncture to launch a legal challenge to the fraudsters H&G.
      I credit them with paying Ā£350m to take control of LFC and another Ā£60m subsequently, we should all be grateful they saved LFC from bankruptcy.
      That is the sum total of their contribution to the club, I am grateful they appointed Klopp who no doubt agreed to join a club with
      such a magnificent history as LFC.

Klopp is obviously the catalyst that negates the ownerā€™s lack of contribution, as stated his appointment initiated our current success.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #2376: Nov 06, 2020 02:27:06 pm
      I believe the reason he is the whipping boy of the current period is that he is (maybe was) keeping our new shiny toy Jota on the bench which put a bullseye on his back.

It's not rocket science mate and its not about whipping boys. The best teams play their best in form players.

Bobby is not in form and is not scoring. Jota is in the form of his life and banging them in every game he plays.

So who should play?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2819 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2377: Nov 06, 2020 02:32:47 pm
      Bobby in a deeper role behind the 3. Gini Hendo in the middle
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,322 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2378: Nov 07, 2020 01:52:11 am
      Liverpool manager JĆ¼rgen Klopp has brushed aside criticism of Roberto Firmino and insists he would be embarrassed to have to explain the forwardā€™s value to the team.

The Brazil internationalā€™s place in the side has been brought into focus because of the form of summer signing Diogo Jota, who has scored seven goals in 10 matches, including a Champions League hat-trick in midweek.

However, Firminoā€™s game has never been about goals as his main job is to lead the forward press and create space for the likes of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, with his defensive responsibility and discipline an added bonus.

Last season no Premier League player won possession more times than Firmino (37) and, while his statistics do not match up to that in the current campaign, he is likely to be in consideration to start against Manchester City on Sunday.

ā€œWho is with us I donā€™t have to say one word about Bobby Firmino and how important he was for us, I donā€™t waste time with that,ā€ he said.

ā€œWho is not with us I donā€™t care if they know about it to be honest.

ā€œHe was in so many games the difference-maker without scoring maybe, Iā€™m not sure, but with scoring as well in other games, so I would feel really embarrassed if I had to mention now the qualities of Bobby Firmino.

ā€œI canā€™t help these people, sorry. If they donā€™t see it I cannot help them. Thatā€™s how it is.ā€
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2379: Nov 07, 2020 10:09:43 am
      Liverpool manager JĆ¼rgen Klopp has brushed aside criticism of Roberto Firmino and insists he would be embarrassed to have to explain the forwardā€™s value to the team.

The Brazil internationalā€™s place in the side has been brought into focus because of the form of summer signing Diogo Jota, who has scored seven goals in 10 matches, including a Champions League hat-trick in midweek.

However, Firminoā€™s game has never been about goals as his main job is to lead the forward press and create space for the likes of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, with his defensive responsibility and discipline an added bonus.

Last season no Premier League player won possession more times than Firmino (37) and, while his statistics do not match up to that in the current campaign, he is likely to be in consideration to start against Manchester City on Sunday.

ā€œWho is with us I donā€™t have to say one word about Bobby Firmino and how important he was for us, I donā€™t waste time with that,ā€ he said.

ā€œWho is not with us I donā€™t care if they know about it to be honest.

ā€œHe was in so many games the difference-maker without scoring maybe, Iā€™m not sure, but with scoring as well in other games, so I would feel really embarrassed if I had to mention now the qualities of Bobby Firmino.

ā€œI canā€™t help these people, sorry. If they donā€™t see it I cannot help them. Thatā€™s how it is.ā€

Enuff said.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,195 posts | 8560 
      Reply #2380: Nov 07, 2020 12:21:42 pm
      Including poaching Michael Edwards from Spurs.

A F***ing masterstroke that was.

Apparently was brought the club by Comolli.

And there was loads taking the piss out of Comolli when he was here!!
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #2381: Nov 07, 2020 08:41:37 pm

All very nice
      Still
      I prefer the player who who hits the back of the net once every 72 minutes of field time vs the player who distributes an assist every 282 minutes
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2819 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2382: Nov 07, 2020 09:31:41 pm
      While I hope we tw*t these id equally love for Bobby to pop  up with a last minute winner
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2020 09:38:15 pm by Brian78 »
      Kopite78
      Reply #2383: Nov 07, 2020 09:35:34 pm
      All very nice
      Still
      I prefer the player who who hits the back of the net once every 72 minutes of field time vs the player who distributes an assist every 282 minutes

I prefer, and ultimately fall back on loyalty, Bobby doesnt deserve some of the sh*te hes getting from "his own"
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2384: Nov 07, 2020 09:42:55 pm
      I prefer, and ultimately fall back on loyalty, Bobby doesnt deserve some of the sh*te hes getting from "his own"

For about 5 years he has been absolutely phenomenal,  a new man comes and after about 5 performances we can't forget that!

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,750 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2385: Nov 07, 2020 11:01:50 pm

ABSAFUCKINGLOOTLEY
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,289 posts | 1664 
      Reply #2386: Nov 08, 2020 02:17:22 pm
      I know me and others have had our say on Bobby and some disagreements have occurred but can we try and stick together whether he starts or not and no comments should he score or jota to infer opinions are just let's just back our team whoever starts me included
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,510 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2387: Nov 08, 2020 02:26:21 pm
      Letā€™s get one thing straight, anyone attacking Bobby and saying heā€™s sh*t, finished etc are cu*ts... but you CAN adore a player and admit there is a better option at that moment in time, no player is bigger than the club and when it comes to games, itā€™s about 3 points, and the best way to get the three points, nothing else... no sentimental stuff, 3 points...

Bobby is probably my favourite player, but if I was given the choice of only picking one today, itā€™s Jota. Hopefully a way to fit them both in can be found though, as long as it translates well on the pitch.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2388: Nov 08, 2020 03:58:26 pm
      Bobby to put in a 10/10 performance today?

I think so.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,510 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2389: Nov 08, 2020 03:59:32 pm

I think so.
      I think thatā€™s what JĆ¼rgen would have said to him, go prove everyone wrong.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2390: Nov 08, 2020 04:00:15 pm
      I think thatā€™s what JĆ¼rgen would have said to him, go prove everyone wrong.

I expect a pressing masterclass from him today.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #2391: Nov 08, 2020 04:02:14 pm

I think so.

I think so.

Quick Reply