Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 370292 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread
      Reply #2484: Dec 17, 2020 04:06:38 pm
      At his best form Bobby is world class 100%. And has been for most of his career here. But with rose tinted glasses off he has been below par since earlier this year.

But as they say form is temporary class permanent, so I expect Bobby will hit top gear again soon.

Always nice to see when members post not wearing those glasses Baz, we don't see enough of it.  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2485: Dec 19, 2020 01:27:17 pm
      Filth..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2486: Dec 19, 2020 01:31:11 pm

Bobby being bang average again. Long may his mediocrity reside at Anfield......
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #2487: Dec 19, 2020 02:05:47 pm
      Worst player on the pitch today,perhaps he’s changed his toothpaste.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2488: Dec 19, 2020 02:08:45 pm
      The real Bobby Firmino has stood back up.

How I've missed his world class brilliance.

Now go smash teams for the rest of the season Bobby Dazzler. ;D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2489: Dec 19, 2020 06:00:42 pm
      Boy we're you good today get in Bobby lad
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2490: Dec 20, 2020 12:42:25 am
      That goal, just wow! What sublime feet he has. Love his kung fu kick and his beautiful smile at the end. It should be how we all should be feeling today!

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2491: Dec 20, 2020 07:11:29 am
      The first touch for each goal, but also the pass out wide to start the move for the first, then the 50-yard run forward, the touch and the finish. World class. Keep it going Bobby
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #2492: Dec 20, 2020 11:33:31 am
      Brilliant all round yesterday and capped off by two sublime finishes.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2493: Jan 17, 2021 07:04:14 pm
      Father Time waits for no man and it looks like we have probably seen the best from Bobby.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2494: Jan 17, 2021 07:11:39 pm
      Father Time waits for no man and it looks like we have probably seen the best from Bobby.

Id wager if Brazil played next week he would shine. Its our whole set up. Either lads are done energy wise, the system is not doing what it gas gor 3 yesrs, or teams have just caught up while weve levelled out. I dont thjnk Id writr him off yet
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2495: Jan 17, 2021 07:19:57 pm
      Id wager if Brazil played next week he would shine. Its our whole set up. Either lads are done energy wise, the system is not doing what it gas gor 3 yesrs, or teams have just caught up while weve levelled out. I dont thjnk Id writr him off yet

The role he plays for Brazil is different than at the club, just like Gini's is for Holland vs. Liverpool, though Bobby did have a rough game today and still would have had the winner if not for McGuire's fat thigh. That was a great run and good contact on the ball.

Far bigger concerns are getting Mane and particularly Salah scoring again.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2496: Jan 17, 2021 07:24:52 pm
      The role he plays for Brazil is different than at the club, just like Gini's is for Holland vs. Liverpool, though Bobby did have a rough game today and still would have had the winner if not for McGuire's fat thigh. That was a great run and good contact on the ball.

Far bigger concerns are getting Mane and particularly Salah scoring again.

Yes so why does the boss not try a system that allows tbe likes of Bobby and Gini replicate the international form? Hs gas nothing to lose, but repeating the same over and over again is costing us
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #2497: Jan 17, 2021 07:39:36 pm
      Most frustrating player to watch today. Looks very casual with his passes and his movement and more often than not slows down the play with a couple of unnecessary touches. His finishing has also been non-existent for the last couple of seasons which is hurting us now as Mane and Salah are hitting dry spells.

I understand his role in the team and the sacrifices he makes, before anyone feels the need to 'educate' me on this but he just hasn't been good enough lately.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2498: Jan 17, 2021 07:53:33 pm
      Most frustrating player to watch today. Looks very casual with his passes and his movement and more often than not slows down the play with a couple of unnecessary touches. His finishing has also been non-existent for the last couple of seasons which is hurting us now as Mane and Salah are hitting dry spells.

I understand his role in the team and the sacrifices he makes, before anyone feels the need to 'educate' me on this but he just hasn't been good enough lately.

Needs to be replaced from the starting 11 in the off-season. Great player for us for a number of years, and in a lot of ways would be the guy that exemplified our identity during the huge run we went on. Unfortunately, he seems to exemplify the regression we have had the past 8 months. This team has been a shell of itself since covid, and he and TAA have been at the forefront of that. Poor quality from both since project restart
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2499: Jan 17, 2021 09:09:36 pm

So its the system that leads to him missing chance after chance after chance and mis placing passes all the time , ah yes can't be that he's playing sh*te can it!!

He needs dropping, I'd put him into the reserves until he figures out how to contribute again because he is a waste of a place at the moment. In the summer I'd look to offload him and bring in a proper forward.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2500: Jan 17, 2021 09:16:07 pm
      So its the system that leads to him missing chance after chance after chance and mis placing passes all the time , ah yes can't be that he's playing sh*te can it!!

He needs dropping, I'd put him into the reserves until he figures out how to contribute again because he is a waste of a place at the moment. In the summer I'd look to offload him and bring in a proper forward.

I didnt say not to drop him I said dont write him off as finished
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2501: Jan 18, 2021 05:29:51 am
      Void of all confidence at the moment.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2502: Jan 18, 2021 06:03:11 am
      Void of all confidence at the moment.

For sure, but trying to do too much to over compensate for it aswell. The back heel flicks keep on coming. I wish he would cut that crap out and find a lil rhythm rather than looking flashy.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2503: Jan 18, 2021 08:46:25 am
      For sure, but trying to do too much to over compensate for it aswell. The back heel flicks keep on coming. I wish he would cut that crap out and find a lil rhythm rather than looking flashy.

Quite simply Jürgen needs to be brave and drop him, he is hurting the team more than helping it at the moment. If that means altering formation then so be it. I'd actually quite like to see us try with just 2 up top but an extra attacker in midfield. We have become far to predictable in our play and we need to change things, come on Jürgen stop being so bloody German, embrace flexibility and a little bit of controlled chaos! ;-)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2504: Jan 18, 2021 09:07:43 am
      Quite simply Jürgen needs to be brave and drop him, he is hurting the team more than helping it at the moment. If that means altering formation then so be it. I'd actually quite like to see us try with just 2 up top but an extra attacker in midfield. We have become far to predictable in our play and we need to change things, come on Jürgen stop being so bloody German, embrace flexibility and a little bit of controlled chaos! ;-)

Careful asking for Bobby to be dropped on here you might be subjected to a virtual lynching. :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2505: Jan 18, 2021 11:23:35 am
      Careful asking for Bobby to be dropped on here you might be subjected to a virtual lynching. :D

I'm used to it! 🙄
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2506: Jan 18, 2021 02:42:34 pm

It's because the anti-Firmino lot are short a few football chromosomes. The moment we go through a rough scoring patch the immediate reaction is to come here and say "we need to drop Firmino" and yet Mane and Salah go unmentioned.

In terms of scoring, this team is built around Salah first, then Mane, then Firmino to score and the first 2 are far more critical to get scoring for team success than anyone else on the team. Even when not scoring Firmino provides defense, pressing, work rate, build up from our own half and movement to create space for Mane and Salah to run into. Mane is similar with his work rate and defensive game working his ass off to recover the ball while Salah generally will hang out by the center line ready for the counter.

Salah hasn't scored a meaningful goal in over a month (against Palace by the time he came in and scored the game was already out of hand) but i don't see you commenting on the Salah thread about how he needs to pick it up. Unlike Firmino, when things aren't going Salah's way and isn't scoring he offers very little else. He's defensive game is subpar and constantly gives the ball away when trying to dribble past everyone in or around the box and eventually loses the ball.

Yesterday in the first half Firmino missed a chance with his left foot in the box, but the ball got to him not because of a pass but because Salah was once again trying to dribble past everyone and the ball pin-balled into Bobby's path, probably with a more difficult spin than if the ball was passed to him with appropriate weight. People's reaction is immediately to say "OMG Bobby, how can you miss that" instead of "OMG Salah, lift your F***ing head and see the open man"

Firmino is obviously struggling offensively, but he immediately becomes the whipping boy when Mane and Salah are struggling even worse and offer less when they're not scoring.

Quick Reply