Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)

Read 378926 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,201 posts | 1100 
      Re: Roberto Firmino Player Thread (F)
      Reply #3036: Aug 06, 2022 05:24:39 pm
      I really so like Bobby, and am grateful for the memories and trophies he's helped produce. But I just feel we're resting a little bit too much on his laurels these days and talking about him being good, rather then seeing it regularly. Most of what he does is off the ball, and just because he isn't jumping on the score sheet isn't cause for concern, but far too many games these days he just seems to go missing.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,263 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3037: Aug 06, 2022 08:05:15 pm
      I like Bobby but his best days are gone same for Hendo
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #3038: Aug 09, 2022 04:30:51 pm
       There is a plan being hatched by Jürgen Klopp allegedly, to swap Inter's Marcelo Brozovic for Bobby and Keita, only a rumour but hopefully it has legs!
      Bobby has given all for LFC and we are eternally grateful but sentiment does not win trophies unfortunately.
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2022 04:37:48 pm by stuey »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3039: Aug 09, 2022 05:12:37 pm
      There is a plan being hatched by Jürgen Klopp allegedly, to swap Inter's Marcelo Brozovic for Bobby and Keita, only a rumour but hopefully it has legs!
      Bobby has given all for LFC and we are eternally grateful but sentiment does not win trophies unfortunately.

we have seen that some players profess their love for the club and then smell a better deal in France for instance not Bobby though.
      So loyalty between clubs and players can only work upto a point and the Club must always come first.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #3040: Aug 09, 2022 05:18:10 pm
      we have seen that some players profess their love for the club and then smell a better deal in France for instance not Bobby though.
      So loyalty between clubs and players can only work upto a point and the Club must always come first.

Indeed mate.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #3041: Aug 09, 2022 06:24:05 pm
      Bobby is an amazing player. Period.

Every time he has a bad game or an injury, people are quick to say he's done, doesn't bring enough to the team, etc.
      But the next game, he proves those people wrong.

He will do it again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #3042: Aug 09, 2022 06:32:58 pm

Every time he has a bad game or an injury, people are quick to say he's done, doesn't bring enough to the team, etc.

He will do it again.

There really weren't any other good performances against Fulham so not sure why Bobby gets picked on. It seems he and Hendo are the two most often identified by fans as reasons why we lose. We have options now so I'm sure if Jürgen thinks Bobby is not effective, he'll sit him, otherwise I'd assume Jürgen has a good reason for starting him (when he selects him).
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #3043: Aug 09, 2022 06:51:22 pm
      There really weren't any other good performances against Fulham so not sure why Bobby gets picked on. It seems he and Hendo are the two most often identified by fans as reasons why we lose. We have options now so I'm sure if Jürgen thinks Bobby is not effective, he'll sit him, otherwise I'd assume Jürgen has a good reason for starting him (when he selects him).

Nobody is picking on anyone mate. I love Bobby ... how could we not?

But he was completely ineffective on Saturday ... bar the odd game  he's nowhere near what he used to be.

As soon as he was replaced on Saturday we had a threat through the middle, something that worried them.

Nobody wants to sit here and take shots or insult our players ... but I've watched this game for 40 years now and I can see a player who has given us his best.

Bob will have his games this season ... I hope he has great moments too.

But his days as a regular starter and consistent top level performer for us have, in my opinion sailed.

Now if by chance he does get it back ... bangs 20 in like he did a few years back and have a massive consistent influence on the team like a few years back ... il be as happy as anyone else. It will make us stronger and Increase competition plus help to cover diogo's absence.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3044: Aug 09, 2022 07:08:32 pm

But he was completely ineffective on Saturday ... bar the odd game  he's nowhere near what he used to be.

As soon as he was replaced on Saturday we had a threat through the middle, something that worried them.

Nobody wants to sit here and take shots or insult our players ... but I've watched this game for 40 years now and I can see a player who has given us his best.

But his days as a regular starter and consistent top level performer for us have, in my opinion sailed.

Now if by chance he does get it back ... bangs 20 in like he did a few years back and have a massive consistent influence on the team like a few years back ... il be as happy as anyone else. It will make us stronger and Increase competition plus help to cover diogo's absence.

So refreshing to here some of you say it as it is. All to often members are slated for saying he’s not the player he once was ( including me ) and his best days are gone. Recently read on here Klopp thinking about getting rid, if that’s true he also sees it like you and I along with a few others.

Very good post… +1
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #3045: Aug 09, 2022 07:13:47 pm

Bob had 5 PL goals, 5 CL goals in an injury shortened season last year. This after not really being considered a prolific scoring #9 as Jürgen has often said. He had some injury and form issues (related most likely) last season, but has had a good pre-season and one lackluster performance when the rest of the team also had a lackluster performance. It seems like it might be time to just take a wait and see right now. The way some people talk about Bobby, he was literally the second coming of Ronaldo (the fat one) a couple of years back and now he's just Mario Balotelli. It's just strange how people see things I guess.
      Don77

• 6,589 posts | 1099 
      Reply #3046: Aug 09, 2022 10:30:44 pm
      Bob had 5 PL goals, 5 CL goals in an injury shortened season last year. This after not really being considered a prolific scoring #9 as Jürgen has often said. He had some injury and form issues (related most likely) last season, but has had a good pre-season and one lackluster performance when the rest of the team also had a lackluster performance. It seems like it might be time to just take a wait and see right now. The way some people talk about Bobby, he was literally the second coming of Ronaldo (the fat one) a couple of years back and now he's just Mario Balotelli. It's just strange how people see things I guess.

You're the one who mentioned balotelli mate. Nobody else.

I don't know how many Bobby scored last season ... I don't judge it on that. But he didn't get many. 2 at Norwich on the opening day and 3 against rannieri's hapless Watford. He didn't get many the season before that either... was that just down to injury too?

He's been in decline for 18 months minimum now and that's being generous. Most importantly for me, over goals is that his influence on the team and consistsncy has vastly diminished. Yes every now and again he shows something ... but nowhere near often enough.

As I say ... he will get his games this season. The games come thick n fast. But when everyone is fit he's not a starter for me.

I respect your opinion. You love Bob ... and so do I. He's one of my favourite Liverpool players. I've got total respect for him both as a person in that dressing room and for what he's done on the pitch. That will never change.

I'm just telling it as I see it.
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #3047: Aug 10, 2022 07:19:32 am
      His role will be mainly to close games and domestic  cups.Brazil have also reduced his time with them .It is what it is
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3048: Aug 10, 2022 08:50:59 am
      You're the one who mentioned balotelli mate. Nobody else.

I don't know how many Bobby scored last season ... I don't judge it on that. But he didn't get many. 2 at Norwich on the opening day and 3 against rannieri's hapless Watford. He didn't get many the season before that either... was that just down to injury too?

He's been in decline for 18 months minimum now and that's being generous. Most importantly for me, over goals is that his influence on the team and consistsncy has vastly diminished. Yes every now and again he shows something ... but nowhere near often enough.

As I say ... he will get his games this season. The games come thick n fast. But when everyone is fit he's not a starter for me.

I respect your opinion. You love Bob ... and so do I. He's one of my favourite Liverpool players. I've got total respect for him both as a person in that dressing room and for what he's done on the pitch. That will never change.

I'm just telling it as I see it.

You simply have to remember some members wear rose tints  :D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3049: Aug 10, 2022 10:09:58 am
      Plenty more football left in the bobby tank for LFC.

At the end of the day there are plenty games for all of the forwards to play.

Rotation rotation rotation.

There will be games that suit Bobby and games that suit Jota & Nunez.

Tactics, tactics, tactics.

Peace lads.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #3050: Aug 10, 2022 10:20:03 am
      ALL football fans wear rose tints, some a fair bit rosier than others.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #3051: Aug 10, 2022 12:18:58 pm
      Plenty more football left in the bobby tank for LFC.

At the end of the day there are plenty games for all of the forwards to play.

Rotation rotation rotation.

There will be games that suit Bobby and games that suit Jota & Nunez.

Tactics, tactics, tactics.

Peace lads.

Thing is mate while Bobby or any other player still retains a good degree of fitness and skill and the manager has a plan that will improve the quality of the team if that player is replaced - job's a good'un.

Of course that process hinges on the judgement of Jürgen Klopp who we must have total faith in.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3052: Aug 10, 2022 01:14:06 pm
      Thing is mate while Bobby or any other player still retains a good degree of fitness and skill and the manager has a plan that will improve the quality of the team if that player is replaced - job's a good'un.

Of course that process hinges on the judgement of Jürgen Klopp who we must have total faith in.

most skilful player in the squad, according to his fellow teammates.

But as you say its all down to klopp, and the evolution of the team\squad.

Its going to be an interesting season with different styles of play to suit our different attacking options, gonna be good.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,375 posts | 783 
      Reply #3053: Aug 10, 2022 01:48:21 pm
      most skilful player in the squad, according to his fellow teammates.

But as you say its all down to klopp, and the evolution of the team\squad.

Its going to be an interesting season with different styles of play to suit our different attacking options, gonna be good.
      Technical skill never a bad attribute in an attacking player...but as with all the players across the forward line he will be judged by how many goals he helps create, and to a lesser extent score. Goals, of course being the currency of the game.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3054: Aug 10, 2022 03:06:49 pm
      Technical skill never a bad attribute in an attacking player...but as with all the players across the forward line he will be judged by how many goals he helps create, and to a lesser extent score. Goals, of course being the currency of the game.

Well Bobby is different to most strikers, as his all round play / linkup play usually leads to goals.

But Im sure he himself would like more goals too, like all of us.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3055: Aug 10, 2022 04:16:05 pm
      ALL football fans wear rose tints, some a fair bit rosier than others.

:lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #3056: Aug 10, 2022 05:55:00 pm

look  mate just give it up he aint going to UTD.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,105 posts | 2736 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3057: Aug 10, 2022 09:22:06 pm
      look  mate just give it up he aint going to UTD.

Don’t want your cast off mate. Got enough of our own.  ;D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,872 posts | 704 
      Reply #3058: Aug 10, 2022 09:50:15 pm
      Quote from PTU

He will do it again.

He was amazing. About 4 years ago.

Nowadays he's no. 5 in the pecking order, and the only reason he's in atm, is because Jürgen wants to ease Darwin into battle and Diogo is out completely.

It's sad that as we've moved onwards and upwards as a club, he's more of an afterthought than an automatic starter.

Quick Reply