Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Krisztián Németh (Olympiakos)

Read 55658 times
      mike.lfc
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Re: Krisztián Németh Player Thread
      Reply #115: Jul 27, 2009 12:56:23 pm
      I would always put Nemeth on the bench before Ngog

He looks a lot more composed and he wants to work hard for the team. Also he will only get better if he is given the chance to play in the first team against the best players. If he stays in the reserves for too long i think he will be wasted.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #116: Jul 27, 2009 06:23:17 pm
      yes i agree he needs to be on bench before Ngog as i think he is a better finisher than him and also seems to link up with the play a lot more.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #117: Jul 27, 2009 10:05:38 pm
      Listening to the commentry last night, Roy Evans (I think), said that with strikers it's all about instinct. 

Knowing where the ball will be played, being there to collect it and knowing where the net is.   It's something that can't be taught as such it's just in them.

Torres has it, so did Rush, Fowler and Owen in his prime.  From what I saw last night Nemeth more than Babel or N'Gog has that instinct and personally I would have more faith in him coming on instead of either of the other 2 mentioned.   

Like many of you I haven't seen him in the reserves but on last nights showing he didn't look out of place around the big names and certainly didn't seemed fazed by it either.

PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #118: Jul 27, 2009 11:05:29 pm
      Injury free we might just have someone special soon.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #119: Jul 27, 2009 11:10:52 pm
      Special player.

Would like to see him promoted to the bench, also was good to see his link up play with Torres.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #120: Jul 27, 2009 11:16:52 pm
      He is one of those players with the nack  of being in the right place to score goals he can have the same impact macheda had for the mancs.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #121: Jul 28, 2009 12:19:50 am
      If he is given the chance. He was promised to play a couple of games at the end of last season but never did.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #122: Jul 28, 2009 07:20:41 am
      Nemeth has that touch of class and natural goal scoring instinct over Ngog and El Zhar even Voronin .
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #123: Jul 28, 2009 09:44:20 am
      Looked good at the weekend,was in the right place at the right time and thats half the battle isnt it.Hope he can make the leap to the first team this time around.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #124: Jul 28, 2009 09:49:30 am
      NEMETH AIMING HIGH IN 2009-10

Jimmy Rice 28 July 2009

Krisztian Nemeth hopes his two goals against Singapore will reignite his Liverpool career after an injury hit 2008-09.
      The 20-year-old striker was the star player in our title-winning reserve team of 2007-08 - but last season was spent largely on the sidelines.

Now, after capping off two weeks away with the first team with a brace on Sunday, Nemeth hopes 2009-10 will prove his breakthrough season at Anfield.

"Last year I was injured - I hope this year will be better," Nemeth told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I am young and I have been learning every day out here. The Singapore game was very good after two weeks' hard work. Every day we've had two training sessions - it's been really hard.

"But we showed in this game that we are getting fit. We enjoyed it.

"Dirk gave me two very good passes and I was happy to score. I'm happy, I've enjoyed myself and the fans in Asia have been unbelievable."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always had very high hopes for Nemeth, and I am thrilled that he's finally getting his chance, as long as he can stay free from injury, I fully expect to see him playing  in the first team next season.

Tamyka 4 Torres
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 152 posts |
      Reply #125: Jul 28, 2009 01:12:38 pm
      I hope he plays for the first team next season. Him and Torres upfront, the fittest striking options in the league. :)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #126: Jul 28, 2009 01:13:43 pm
      First team is going a bit to far don't you think on the bench is ok.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #127: Jul 28, 2009 01:17:31 pm
      I will rather see him making the step up to just the bench next season, then coming off as an impact player. Alsso, I would like to see him start during the League Cup and FA Cup matches, he needs to slowly make that step up considering he is 20 only. If we just throw him into the EPL and play in the first eleven, might it come to him as a shock, we don't know.

Right now he is a raw talent, a raw gem in our hands that can mature into a fine wine, but we need to do things step by step, by giving him some minutes off the bench, and also start in the League and FA Cups. Like what David Ngog did last season, and maybe do it for 2 seasons and he might be ready.

I'll have absolute faith in him that he'll make it. Those 2 goals were pure instinct and it just shows his remarkable ability both with his head and his feet. However it would be risky to just throw him in now.... So come on lad show the boss what you can do!

:D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #128: Jul 28, 2009 02:47:12 pm
      I hope he plays for the first team next season. Him and Torres upfront, the fittest striking options in the league. :)
      Do you mean fit as in match fit or something else??

In any case I also would love to see him get a proper run of games, if Wash starts ahead of him I will be seriously annoyed at Rafa.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #129: Jul 28, 2009 02:49:15 pm
      I would prefer to see Pacheco in starting 11 then Nemeth i just think he does more for the team.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #130: Jul 28, 2009 03:08:09 pm
      I would prefer to see Pacheco in starting 11 then Nemeth I just think he does more for the team.
      Why not give both a few games, surely they must be in line to get a few games this season, both are very exciting prospects.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #131: Jul 28, 2009 03:09:53 pm
      Hmm very true but i cant see Rafa taking that risk i think he is going to choose one of them according to who he prefers in pre season.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #132: Jul 28, 2009 05:37:27 pm
      I've got a feeling Rafa might try a 4-4-2 in a few games next season. Torres and Nemeth/N'Gog up top with Stevie and another CM in the middle.
      Tamyka 4 Torres
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 152 posts |
      Reply #133: Jul 28, 2009 05:51:54 pm
      Fit as in good looking.  ::)
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #134: Jul 28, 2009 10:37:55 pm
      Well its good to see nemeth making a good push for first team action, i think we would do well to use our reserve team stars more next season rather than signing any more strikers.  Gerrard and Torres will work wonders with the experienced lads in my opinion as they both have great team awareness and can change the course of a game with minimal help.  Another player to watch out for next season is el zhar because he has true skills which can be compared to many current prem quality strikers, great pace, good instinct, creates space from little tricks and is also very exciting to watch.  Bring on the stars of tomorrow! And well done nemeth on out scoring Torres!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      Reply #135: Jul 28, 2009 10:46:57 pm
      He really wants to break into the first team this year. He has said it on numerous occasions i hope this year he can fulfill his potential or show us glimpses of it this year.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #136: Jul 29, 2009 08:24:48 am
      Saw this chap last pre season and hoped he would be given a chance - and believe if he hadn't been hurt during his loan he may well have been in for a few games towards the end of last season!

Sub to begin with - when games are put to bed. Run in the League Cup team and go from there. Its up to him to make the step up to first team, I just hope he can do it this season or it could be too late...
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #137: Jul 29, 2009 08:28:57 am
      I think if he wasnt already after that singapore game he should surely be ahead of N'gog in the pecking order hopefully he can get on the bench this season and maybe even get a few minutes of senior football every now and then.

Quick Reply