Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Krisztián Németh (Olympiakos)

Read 55267 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Krisztián Németh Player Thread
      Reply #92: Jul 26, 2009 07:02:06 pm
      I think it's whether he can adapt mate. I've got no doubt he's good enough because I've seen him play for the reserves many times and he's a quality centre forward.

He done himself no harm at all today anyway. It was great to see him put the ball in the back of the net again.

If not, I'll still be going down to Prenton Park with my reporters notepad and hat.  ;)
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #93: Jul 26, 2009 07:41:57 pm
      If it hadn't been for his injuries last season i think he might of been involved a little bit more.

Hopefully this year he can stay injury free and put himself into the squad.

I agree he didn't play well in the first 2 pre season games but not many did and i think he was trying to impress too much.So with his goals against Singapore it might just give him the boost he needs.
      justice4the96
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 360 posts |
      Reply #94: Jul 26, 2009 07:52:10 pm
      Great performance today and Rafa has said how impressed he was. He looks to be a clever finisher and is getting to be a real sharp player. Hope to see more of this in the season ahead. Im fairly sure he along with a few other younger lads have a future here and will be involved this season.
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #95: Jul 26, 2009 08:38:09 pm
      I think Nemeth did very well today. He took his goal very well.He looked calm and confident in front of goal
      Yawaray
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #96: Jul 26, 2009 08:39:02 pm
      Man U gave Macheda, Wellbeck etc their chance why not nemeth and co.?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #97: Jul 26, 2009 08:49:11 pm
      i rate nemeth very good finisher but is there a pacheoco (sorry for spelling) thread around anywere as he had a brilliant game today.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #98: Jul 26, 2009 09:44:38 pm
      Was great to see Nemeth get on the score sheet today, great little player he had failed to deliver in the pre-season games until today but during his first two outings he was not surrounded by the quality as he was today and he got the chance to prove himself and he did, supply the lad with the ammunition and he will pull the trigger and put them away. IMO he's got a bright future here at Anfield. I would like to see him getting Involved a lot more this season and making a push to be back up striker for next years campaign.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #99: Jul 26, 2009 09:57:38 pm
      put orange boots on him in pes and he a worldclass player his shots always find the net
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #100: Jul 26, 2009 10:03:44 pm
      Well done today young man! :)
      Paul LFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 260 posts | -1 
      Reply #101: Jul 26, 2009 10:08:15 pm
      He was class today and I would like to see him in the first team this season
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3378 
      Reply #102: Jul 26, 2009 10:08:21 pm
      Took his goals very well today, could of panicked on both but kept his cool. Quality player and far too good for the reserves. Should be involved in the first team more often this year, if injuries allow it.

A bit more awareness wouldn't go a miss but that'll come in time.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #103: Jul 26, 2009 10:20:30 pm
      Rafa Nemeth Is A Great Finisher

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165195090726-1442.htm

Rafa Benitez paid tribute to Krisztian Nemeth after the young striker claimed a brace of goals in Liverpool's 5-0 victory over Singapore on Sunday.
      The Hungarian was introduced to the action after an hour and wasted no time in finding the back of the net twice to help the Reds to their first win of pre-season.

"Nemeth is a great finisher. He has scored a lot of goals in the reserve team and today he showed why," Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv.

Andriy Voronin, Albert Riera and Fernando Torres also got on the scoresheet as Liverpool wrapped-up their Asian tour in emphatic fashion.

Benitez continued: "It was a good game. We worked hard and played at a high tempo with a professional mentality.

"I think we are improving physically every single day.

"Some of the players returned late from international duty so it was important for them to play for 30 minutes.

"You can see that some of them are a little bit tired, but the mentality and attitude was good and it was a very good game."

The Reds will now return to Merseyside ahead of next Sunday's friendly clash against Espanyol in Barcelona.

"We can now rest a little bit, spend some time with our families and afterwards start to train again," added the boss.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #104: Jul 26, 2009 10:55:26 pm
      Was great to see him get his first goals for the 1st team, regardless of the fact it was a friendly.

He is looking very promising and looks as though he has much better composure than Voronin and N'Gog, hopefully we will see him play in the 1st team a fair bit next season, along with Pacheco.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #105: Jul 26, 2009 11:23:47 pm
      Looks like he's in the right place in the right time yesterday to convert them.

Took his chances well and was generally very composed on and off the ball. Both strikes showed that he has that instinct to make it as a striker.

Good lad. On the way to his top.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #106: Jul 27, 2009 09:04:10 am
      better than N'Gog. That's what mattered to me. Friggin glad an academy kid is doin well to possibly be promoted to the bench!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #107: Jul 27, 2009 09:11:59 am
      He scored two fantastic goals, and generally performed well, but am I the only one who wasn't overly impressed by his pre season before now? There were signs of promise, but at 20, there has to be more of an end product, I think. I'm willing to put it down to nerves.

Let's hope he pushes on from here and starts to challenge for a place on the bench.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #108: Jul 27, 2009 09:34:39 am
      I said pretty much the same Eem, but I also took into consideration he was playing in a team surrounded by better quality creating him better chances than he was in previous games, so I think if you give the lad the right kind of service he will put them away, now I just want to see him in our remaining games and see how he does.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #109: Jul 27, 2009 10:17:25 am
       Lets hope he continues to impress,scores more goals and makes the breakthrough to the first team.If it was to happen i predict it would make RAFA the happiest man at Anfield to see one of his youngsters make the grade.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #110: Jul 27, 2009 10:39:21 am
      IMO is twice the player N'gog is.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #111: Jul 27, 2009 10:41:14 am
      IMO is twice the player N'gog is.

Agreed he carries a greater goal threat and seems like he's a fox in the box
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #112: Jul 27, 2009 10:45:15 am
      Nemeth looks a class striker, should save us millions. He played alongside Nando and did not look out of place, his link up play was decent enough to put him ahead of El Zhar and maybe Ngog, I hope so. One for the bench, it's time he got some games under his belt.....
      LiverpoolEntourage
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #113: Jul 27, 2009 12:48:57 pm
      Kristian Nemeth is a wonder kid end of story. Anyone who's seen him play would know that. He is something very very special
      Tamyka 4 Torres
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 152 posts |
      Reply #114: Jul 27, 2009 12:51:03 pm
      Nemeth gets into the right positions at the right time, he is quality and will save us millions in the future.

Quick Reply