Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Premier League 2015/16

Read 83233 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Premier League 2015/16
      Reply #989: Feb 14, 2016 11:25:54 pm
      I'm not sure I'd be able to cope with Tottenham winning the league.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #990: Feb 14, 2016 11:37:38 pm

I would prefer Leicester ot Arsenal win this as well!  ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #991: Feb 14, 2016 11:52:11 pm
      I would prefer Leicester ot Arsenal win this as well!

Get. Out.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #992: Feb 15, 2016 12:04:51 am
      Yeah I agree. There's something incredibly balanced about their football. It's just a very solid results machine so I certainly wouldn't say no.

Regarding Pochettino's work at Southampton and now Tottenham, I suppose Espanyol are cursing themselves at sacking the next big managerial star three years ago! :shocked:

North London derby in a few weeks will be the most interesting since Arsene Wenger said he'd look after the lasagne dish while the Tottenham chef went out of the kitchen for a slash.

By the way - this isn't me wanting Spurs to win the league. Of course I'd prefer to see Leicester win it but I wouldn't rule or even deny Tottenham's claims for the league!
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      Reply #993: Feb 15, 2016 12:12:38 am

of course, FIRST choice is always LFC.  No need to mention that.  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #994: Feb 15, 2016 01:02:46 am

I agree...they look the better side to handle the pressure and they have a well balanced squad. I think Leicester is going to fold.

Think it's going to be a two horse race between Spurs and Gunners and between the two I would have to pull  for Spurs...can't stand Arsenal.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #995: Feb 15, 2016 01:03:55 am
      Yeah I agree. There's something incredibly balanced about their football. It's just a very solid results machine so I certainly wouldn't say no

The key as you mentioned is the balance they have in their first eleven. On top of that, they have a damn good spine. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the league and/or a cup this season.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #996: Feb 15, 2016 03:49:14 am
      I agree...they look the better side to handle the pressure and they have a well balanced squad. I think Leicester is going to fold.

Think it's going to be a two horse race between Spurs and Gunners and between the two I would have to pull  for Spurs...can't stand Arsenal.

They both still have the distraction of European football but I expect Barca will ensure Arsenal's euro adventure comes to a swift end. Fiorentina are a decent side and can do the same to the Spurs, however I think overall Spurs have looked the grittier of the two sides.

Don't have a lot of time for either though so ideally would want Leicester to win it.

F**k my head just spun a little reading over what I wrote Leicester city winning the league.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #997: Feb 15, 2016 06:49:04 am
      It's going to be one big slap in the face if Leicester or Spurs win the PL before we do.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #998: Feb 15, 2016 09:41:32 am
      It'll be Arsenal who win it, spuds 2nd, Leicester 3rd, city 4th.

At least that's how I hope it finishes.  No way do I want spuds or Leicester to win it before we do and I can't see city coming back into it now but it's still possible we could sneak 4th if our strikers stay fit.
      Kopite78
      Reply #999: Feb 15, 2016 10:03:18 am
      I think Arsenal will win it.

I honestly think Spurs will tail off as they have always done.
      I honestly don't think I could cope to see Leicester win the league when we have never won the Premier League, I think that would be a right kick in the stomach. Nothing against them but to see Wes Morgan lifting that trophy would f**k my head.
      As much as I don't like anyone else winning it I can justify it as they are big club or money rich clubs and I can park that somewhere. Leicester would just amplify our f**k ups over the last 25 years that would just piss me off.

Fair play to them though like
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #1000: Feb 15, 2016 01:40:15 pm

Tottenham cannot cope with winning it either. Its unthinkable they now have the EL to deal with and the FA cup (are they still in it?) where Leicester just have the league and having taken 3 points from two away games at City and Arsenal they are still in the poll position
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1001: Feb 15, 2016 07:08:17 pm
      Tottenham cannot cope with winning it either. Its unthinkable they now have the EL to deal with and the FA cup (are they still in it?) where Leicester just have the league and having taken 3 points from two away games at City and Arsenal they are still in the poll position

To be honest, they would be my bet.

It's going to be one big slap in the face if Leicester or Spurs win the PL before we do.

I'd rather that than see the likes of Chelsea or United win it though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #1002: Feb 15, 2016 08:44:50 pm
      I think Arsenal will win it.

I honestly think Spurs will tail off as they have always done.
      I honestly don't think I could cope to see Leicester win the league when we have never won the Premier League, I think that would be a right kick in the stomach. Nothing against them but to see Wes Morgan lifting that trophy would f**k my head.
      As much as I don't like anyone else winning it I can justify it as they are big club or money rich clubs and I can park that somewhere. Leicester would just amplify our f**k ups over the last 25 years that would just piss me off.

Fair play to them though like

Exactly the same thing mate. I hope Arsenal win in out of default.

Couldn't stand Spuds winning it, bunch of cu*ts.

Leicester would make me sick as well, already seen heaps of sh*t on FB...... the one that get's my gut the most is the one of that says " Since Liverpool last won the League, Peter F***ing Schmeichel signed for a bunch of cu*ts, won it 5 times, retired, had a son and HE"s about to win it for Leicester" ....that makes me want to punch heads and we'd be hearing it from those cu*ts for years to come. I don't hink I could handle that.

So the Gooners winning it doesn't bother me, they're the best of a bad F***ing bunch.

Oh if only we had Sturridge fit all season, our names would have been right up there.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1003: Feb 16, 2016 10:16:26 am
      I don't think Leicester are anywhere near out of the race.  Think about it this way, if you had told them a couple of weeks ago that they would play us, Arsenal and City and they'd get 6 out of 9 points, they would've taken it every day of the week.

Everyone is talking about the last three games of their season, but look at their upcoming schedule: Norwich, West Brom, Watford, Newcastle, Palace, Saints and Sunderland, West Ham, Swansea.  They could legitimately win every single one of those.  By that time the title would be over.

Don't think they'll win every one mind but 7 or 8 out of ten is more than achievable.  I still think it's Leicester's to lose.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1004: Feb 16, 2016 10:21:48 am
      I don't think Leicester are anywhere near out of the race.  Think about it this way, if you had told them a couple of weeks ago that they would play us, Arsenal and City and they'd get 6 out of 9 points, they would've taken it every day of the week.

Everyone is talking about the last three games of their season, but look at their upcoming schedule: Norwich, West Brom, Watford, Newcastle, Palace, Saints and Sunderland, West Ham, Swansea.  They could legitimately win every single one of those.  By that time the title would be over.

Don't think they'll win every one mind but 7 or 8 out of ten is more than achievable.  I still think it's Leicester's to lose.

I agree along with playing 1 game a week it's in their own hands.

Kopite78
      Reply #1005: Feb 16, 2016 10:31:55 am

Arguably though playing the top teams suits them more than relegation battlers.

Top teams will attack them and leave space for their pace on the counter.. Teams who are battling for every point and who will play deep with the majority behind the ball could make it far more difficult for them.

Also the closer they get the more it will hit home and tension will play such a massive part
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1006: Feb 27, 2016 01:05:34 pm
      Fat Sam is a disgrace. Got 10 behind the ball and when they have it, they don't even take two touches, it's instantly a long ball for Defoe.

Noble just rattled the bar from 20 yards. Great effort saved by Mannone who I think is pretty underrated as a keeper.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1007: Feb 27, 2016 03:33:25 pm
      Liverpool goals for 38 goals against 36 goal difference 2

Chelsea goals for 38 goals against 36 goal difference 2

Eeerie, but systematically sums up both our problems this season.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1008: Feb 28, 2016 08:17:34 am
      Ulloa is Firmino's lost twin brother.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1009: Feb 28, 2016 02:25:06 pm
      Nacho Monreal has to be one the most improved players in the league the last couple seasons. Deceptively quick, too.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #1010: Feb 28, 2016 02:36:54 pm
      F***ing hell, this Rashford kid...
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #1011: Feb 28, 2016 02:42:42 pm
      Arsenal are dire. Man Utd strolling around.

Quick Reply