Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Carroll 35m or Carroll 15m

Read 6994 times
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Re: Carroll 35m or Carroll 15m
      Reply #69: Jun 01, 2011 01:15:08 pm
      Good point, well made and fair enough. If you 'say' you never heard anyone say that he'd be a good signing, before he signed, I won't argue.

It's obvious you don't like Carroll mickey - again; fair enough but the truth is: you don't actually seem to be too positive about anything L.F.C. (in 2011) including our owners. Following this club seems to pain you mickey and that is wrong mate. Nothing you love should make you feel that bad or always angry mate. If this was a woman making you feel this way I'd be advising you dump her: can one dump a football club?

I don't know what to say but I wish you happiness mickey. Stay strong fella.

Y.N.W.A.

Did I say – not a good signing (as a player) Not too sure about that, you might have taken something out of context there! I am saying he was too much money & that he wasn’t talked about in the same way as many players that are obviously wanted more – are you saying otherwise, or will I get another flippant reply, not getting to the crunx of the matter? yet now he is here it’s like a masterstroke & the money spent doesn’t matter. Classic case of fan frenzy, no doubt what so ever if Utd or Chelsea had signed him for that much there would be laughter. I don’t  question him as a decent enough player that we wouldn’t be happy to have, it’s the fee. Now you can dress that up all you like, fact is we spent what we did & it was far too much.

Obvious I don’t like Carroll? Ohh right so just because I don’t think he is worth £35M I don’t like him. Fair enough, good arguement you give right there.... No, I haven’t been positive about anything LFC on here have I! Really, where do you get off lying like that? I have heaped praise on many things. You are right about my cynical outlook on the owners & that I don’t think Carroll is worth £35M, is that really so bad to warrant you suggesting I shouldn’t be a supporter anymore? Following this great club is both joy & pain to me, good times & bad. I’m not blinkered & I refuse to gloss over what I don’t agree with & follow a doctrine of love, blinded by faith. I’m not angry either, not like many have been in the past with vitriol aimed at the club even on match days, just concerned, is that really so bad?  Crap analogy about a lady btw, depends what she had done wrong, if she had spent £300 on a haircut instead of the usual £100 then I wouldn’t be too happy, certainly wouldn’t get angry & want to dump her! You that fickle!!! ;D
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #70: Jun 01, 2011 05:08:48 pm
      Mate whatever Rocky's comments were,should be listened to,but the topic determines the validity of those.For me,this is an irrelavent topic,because basically,Abramovic paid enough money for "sulky" to allow us to buy Carroll and part of Suarez,so who got the better deal?
      I am not sure who got the better deal, we have two young players with huge potential, where as Chelsea have one of the best forwards in the World, they have the finished article.
       For us to have the better deal both Carrol and Suarez need to keep improving on the field and not get into stupid situations off the field
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #71: Jun 01, 2011 05:33:37 pm
      all im saying is when not if he get injured again who we got to bring in ngog? No thanks saying that kenny will know this and will have someone in mind im sure.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #72: Jun 01, 2011 05:45:38 pm
      Did I say – not a good signing (as a player) Not too sure about that, you might have taken something out of context there!

Forgive my confusion mickey; I thought you were suggesting he wasn't a good signing. Now that it's cleared up that you, in fact, believe Carroll was a good signing (I think); the only thing that remains as a bugbear (for you) was his cost. Personally I believe that the cost of a player is a lot less relevant than if he was a good signing (i.e. will he improve us as a club).

I'm happy to agree to disagree on this tho'.

I am saying he was too much money & that he wasn’t talked about in the same way as many players that are obviously wanted more – are you saying otherwise

No. I think you'll note that I've already conceded that point but again; I don't see that as being of any relevance if, as you appear to imply, he's a good signing.

or will I get another flippant reply

No mickey. No more flippant replies.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #73: Jun 01, 2011 05:45:46 pm
      yet now he is here it’s like a masterstroke & the money spent doesn’t matter.

I don't recall ever labeling Carroll's signing as a "masterstroke" or, indeed, reading that it was a "masterstroke". I may be wrong tho'. On a personal note: I've always been very consistent on my approach re: "money spent" (i.e. it isn't relevant as much as whether or not a player, any player, is a good signing).

Classic case of fan frenzy, no doubt what so ever if Utd or Chelsea had signed him for that much there would be laughter.

Not from me; unless of course any player (irrespective of cost) flops. Which Carroll may well do for us. In that instance I'll agree that we paid too much. Until that time comes, for me anyhow, we won't know if Andy Carroll was worth the money or not. I trust you see my point here.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #74: Jun 01, 2011 05:46:56 pm
      Now you can dress that up all you like, fact is we spent what we did & it was far too much.

That's your opinion mickey and I respect that. I hope I've explained my opinion enough for you too to respect it.

Obvious I don’t like Carroll? Ohh right so just because I don’t think he is worth £35M I don’t like him. Fair enough, good arguement you give right there.... No, I haven’t been positive about anything LFC on here have I! Really, where do you get off lying like that?

Sorry, I'll happily take that back.  :-\

Crap analogy about a lady btw, depends what she had done wrong, if she had spent £300 on a haircut instead of the usual £100 then I wouldn’t be too happy, certainly wouldn’t get angry & want to dump her! You that fickle!!! ;D

Depends if I thought the haircut was a good haircut or not - for the purpose of "analogy" we've all agreed that the haircut's a good 'un; haven't we?. So if,  in fact, as it turns out the £300 for the hair cut wasn't coming out of my pocket and I like it - why, in the name of the baby Jaysus, would I or should I give a F**k? .... good enough analogy for you mickey?  ;D

Sorry for the multiple posts by the way Mods - for some F***ing reason I wasn't able to post my reply as one complete post.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #75: Jun 01, 2011 09:17:59 pm
      sell him and get carlton cole please
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #76: Jun 01, 2011 09:43:52 pm

Or perhaps we should buy Heskey again.

Carroll improves our versatility and adds to our unpredictability. I think he just needs more time to acclimate to the team. Suarez jumping right in and being as good as he has been is out of the ordinary. We've been spoiled by T(wat)orres and now Suarez having an instant impact. Carroll will never be a pass and move guy, but he will win us games, I am very confident of that.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #77: Jun 02, 2011 12:36:37 am

That's got to be tongue in cheek, very likely Carlton's....

Quick Reply