Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Ben Chilwell

Read 3466 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Ben Chilwell
      Dec 30, 2015 02:14:52 pm
      Ben Chilwell is a Leicester full back on loan at Huddersfield.

The Arse have had a £3.5 million bid rejected.
      Apparently we are looking at him  and could offer £5m.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Ben Chilwell
      Reply #1: Dec 31, 2015 12:56:14 am
      Ben Chilwell is a Leicester full back on loan at Huddersfield.

The Arse have had a £3.5 million bid rejected.
      Apparently we are looking at him  and could offer £5m.

I dont know if I told you Skip but Ben Stillwell is my son in laws nephew.The son in law told me early in the the season that L.F.C.were tracking him.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2: Dec 31, 2015 08:17:13 am
      Not shooting down the transfer or anything but think £5m is kind of a luxury when Klopp has given a second chance to Smith and Flano is also returning plus Joe Gomez from next season.

If we are targeting young out-of-contract-in-the-summer full backs from the Championship, I would love Sam Bryam!

However, we have more immediate concerns right now than spending money on talents and let them stay where they are! At least get them here, they could possibly start playing in the 11 sooner than everyone thinks they would!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #3: Dec 31, 2015 08:25:23 am
      I dont know if I told you Skip but Ben Stillwell is my son in laws nephew.The son in law told me early in the the season that L.F.C.were tracking him.

Woah Billy . Small world eh ? 

Picked up some press on this ..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/12073323/Liverpool-transfer-news-Jürgen-Klopp-targets-4m-bid-for-wonderkid-Ben-Chilwell.html

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp is considering a £4million bid for Leicester’s England under-20 international Ben Chilwell.

Klopp wants to move swiftly for the highly-rated left-back, who is yet to make a Premier League appearance, as he plans for the future at Anfield.

Chilwell is on loan at Huddersfield Town and has only made one appearance for Leicester but is already regarded as a future England international, with Arsenal having a £3.5million offer rejected in the summer.

Klopp and Liverpool’s recruitment team were intending to move for the 19-year-old in the summer ( Ed ??)  but are now ready to step up their interest in January after identifying full-backs as a priority.

Huddersfield manager David Wagner is a close friend of Klopp and has given glowing reports on Chilwell’s progress, while Liverpool chief scout Barry Hunter has watched the defender frequently this season.

Leicester are aware of growing interest in the teenager, with Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur also thought to be keen, and are expected to make it clear that Chilwell is not for sale. He is likely to return from his loan spell in January after an injury to Jeffrey Schlupp.

But despite Liverpool’s fears that a deal will be difficult to complete they are still preparing to make an offer due to a severe shortage at left-back, with Alberto Moreno the only senior player.

Joe Gomez, the £3.5million summer signing from Charlton, has been ruled out for the season after rupturing a cruciate knee ligament and Klopp’s only back-up for Moreno is Brad Smith as Jose Enrique is out of favour.

Chilwell is now emerging as a priority and Klopp has been told that he would be ready for the first-team if a deal was struck.

The captain of the England under-20s, Chilwell was also called up by Gareth Southgate to the under-21s squad for the game against Switzerland in November.

Earlier this month, Klopp had admitted: “We try to be prepared all the time but this window in January isn't the easiest one. There are big prices on the market.

“I'm not the biggest friend of the January window but if we have to react, I will react. Maybe if a player leaves us, I don't know. It's not a situation I want, though.

“We have a lot of games during the transfer window. We aren't planning on getting more players and more players and more players. But if we have to react we will.”

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Dec 31, 2015 08:59:22 am
      Skip I dont know a lot about the lad but my son in law reckons he was captain of the England under 18s.The lads dad is the son in laws brother.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Dec 31, 2015 10:32:21 am
      He was captain of the Leicester youth team last season too.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #6: Dec 31, 2015 06:33:48 pm
      since when have u21 players that havent played senior football been worth 5m?

on that basis ojo is worth 20m and canos 40m
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #7: Dec 31, 2015 06:54:00 pm

You mean the senior football he's been playing at Huddersfield? At least do a little bit of research before posting rubbish.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #8: Dec 31, 2015 07:10:15 pm
      You mean the senior football he's been playing at Huddersfield? At least do a little bit of research before posting rubbish.

7 games and he's worth 5m? you having a laugh
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Dec 31, 2015 07:13:51 pm
      7 games and he's worth 5m? you having a laugh

The fee isn't based on everything he's done in football so far, at his age you pay for potential.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #10: Jan 01, 2016 05:54:10 pm
      Not shooting down the transfer or anything but think £5m is kind of a luxury when Klopp has given a second chance to Smith and Flano is also returning plus Joe Gomez from next season.

If we are targeting young out-of-contract-in-the-summer full backs from the Championship, I would love Sam Bryam!

However, we have more immediate concerns right now than spending money on talents and let them stay where they are! At least get them here, they could possibly start playing in the 11 sooner than everyone thinks they would!

Chilwell is obviously considered to be a much bigger talent than Smith. As for Flanagan, there are questions about whether he'll ever fully recover and about how well he'll fit into Jürgen Klopp's team where so much is expected of the full backs going forward. Gomez is a centre back and I'd be stunned if Klopp used him at left back.

He has played a few games of senior football. We paid decent fees for Ibe, Ojo, and Sterling. Not 5m, granted, but they were further away from the first team and prices in the premier league hadn't risen to the level they are at now. We paid 3.5m for Gomez who had played 21 games - was he not worth it?

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Jan 02, 2016 09:49:23 am
      Skip I dont know a lot about the lad but my son in law reckons he was captain of the England under 18s.The lads dad is the son in laws brother.

That is true Billy.

Quick Reply